PDA

View Full Version : Derby K.O Time? ..confirmed 12.30 ko (merged)

murray26
14-04-2010, 04:39 PM
It would seem there is no live English football on the 1st of May, with the Bairns v St Mirren on the telly at 12 i think, that leaves the 5.15 ESPN Slot available, this is just me speculating ofcourse, i was just wondering if the delay in confirming the time is the T.V trying to convince the Edinburgh polis this is a good idea, anyone heard anything?.

HibeeMcGinn1
14-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I would love that if it were to happen but I cant see it. The idea of Hibs and Hearts fans drinking in the town all day and lots of pubs showing the match plus opening from 9/10/11am would not go down well with Lothian&Borders. Cant see it.

murray26
14-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I would love that if it were to happen but I cant see it. The idea of Hibs and Hearts fans drinking in the town all day and lots of pubs showing the match plus opening from 9/10/11am would not go down well with Lothian&Borders. Cant see it.

I seem to remember a derby maybe 8/9 years ago at ER that was a 5.35 k.o on a Saturday, cant remember any trouble that night.

Bayern Bru
14-04-2010, 04:52 PM
It almost seems likely that they'll swap the times with us at midday and the Bairns/Buddies at 5.15pm.

That's one possibility I suppose, I guess they might shuffle all the fixtures still.

Ritchie
14-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Just realised I'm in London that weekend :-(

DarlingtonHibee
14-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Son's birthday party 12 noon -2pm :grr::grr:

Bayern Bru
14-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Son's birthday party 12 noon -2pm :grr::grr:

Change the time to 5.15pm :wink:

murray26
14-04-2010, 05:10 PM
It almost seems likely that they'll swap the times with us at midday and the Bairns/Buddies at 5.15pm.

That's one possibility I suppose, I guess they might shuffle all the fixtures still.

Hopefully not, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a evening k.o, a good afternoon bevvy then off to the derby sounds fantastic.

DarlingtonHibee
14-04-2010, 05:18 PM

30 invites out, venue booked two months ago...

However, will change - can I send you the divorce bill :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
14-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Just realised I'm in London that weekend :-(

Duhhhh :doh:

Eaststand
14-04-2010, 05:34 PM
It would seem there is no live English football on the 1st of May, with the Bairns v St Mirren on the telly at 12 i think, that leaves the 5.15 ESPN Slot available, this is just me speculating ofcourse, i was just wondering if the delay in confirming the time is the T.V trying to convince the Edinburgh polis this is a good idea, anyone heard anything?.
Somebody I know was in the ticket office yesterday and was told that the club are in discussions with the TV folks and the derby game might be getting moved to the Sunday....the key word in that is 'might' of course

GGTTH

HibeeMcGinn1
14-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Somebody I know was in the ticket office yesterday and was told that the club are in discussions with the TV folks and the derby game might be getting moved to the Sunday....the key word in that is 'might' of course

GGTTH

:grr::grr::grr::grr: hope not. i have a champagne breakfast on the sunday.

.Sean.
14-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Would be ideal. Think of the bevvying beforehand :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
14-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Would be ideal. Think of the bevvying beforehand :greengrin

dont think id be aff it that day

Bayern Bru
14-04-2010, 05:57 PM
30 invites out, venue booked two months ago...

However, will change - can I send you the divorce bill :thumbsup:

:paranoid::greengrin

To be honest, a better time might be had at a birthday party than ER, whatever the time or day! :boo hoo:

Westie1875
14-04-2010, 05:58 PM

GGTTH

Noooo :grr:

5:15pm on the Saturday sounds like a great idea to me :greengrin

Eaststand
14-04-2010, 05:59 PM
:grr::grr::grr::grr: hope not. i have a champagne breakfast on the sunday.

Hopefully they'll decide soon when the games being played so we can all make our plans around the time and date eh.

ps
Champagne brekkie ....and if thats a pic o your hoose in the big T your doin no bad for yoursell young man :cool2:

GGTTH

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 06:00 PM
5:15 pm on the Saturday would be brilliant.:greengrin

Doubt it will happen though.:boo hoo:

HibeeMcGinn1
14-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Hopefully they'll decide soon when the games being played so we can all make our plans around the time and date eh.

ps
Champagne brekkie ....and if thats a pic o your hoose in the big T your doin no bad for your young man :cool2:

GGTTH

:thumbsup: i wish. hotel in greece. keeps me motivated :wink:

HibbyAndy
14-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Noooo :grr:

5:15pm on the Saturday sounds like a great idea to me :greengrin

:agree:

Good bevvy before hand then back to your bit, Kin see it getting changed to the Sunday tho :grr:

Eaststand
14-04-2010, 06:05 PM
:thumbsup: i wish. hotel in greece. keeps me motivated :wink:

Aye, I know what you mean, and I thought it looked a wee bit too sunny for the BIG T :cheers:

HibeeMcGinn1
14-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Aye, I know what you mean, and I thought it looked a wee bit too sunny for the BIG T :cheers:

should see it today. letting the dogs pish outside for the first time in 6months :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hamish
14-04-2010, 06:17 PM
L&B might be contemplating ko time as the Super League Magic Weekend is then - not so much for any problems at ER but Princes Street and surroundings after:cool2:

HibeeMcGinn1
14-04-2010, 06:20 PM
L&B might be contemplating ko time as the Super League Magic Weekend is then - not so much for any problems at ER but Princes Street and surroundings after:cool2:

looks like it may be an early start on the sunday then

HibbyAndy
14-04-2010, 06:20 PM

Is that you Hamish?

.Sean.
14-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Good, I dinnae want the streets populated with rugby ********s on Derby Day. Everyone of them are fuds.

.Sean.
14-04-2010, 06:23 PM
looks like it may be an early start on the sunday then
NOOOOOOOO. I'm fed up with sunday games. Nothing worse than going to a big game rough as :grr:

Hamish
14-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Its the Rugby League boys remember, they are good lads in general - a bit different from the kilt, suede boots and strip mob from the Union game

Lofarl
14-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Dont finish work till one on Saturdays so evening or Sundays would be mint.

.Sean.
14-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Its the Rugby League boys remember, they are good lads in general - a bit different from the kilt, suede boots and strip mob from the Union game
Never came across the 'Rugby League Boys.' I'm sure they cannae be any worse than the rugby lot from Haddy.

Hamish
14-04-2010, 06:28 PM
League is the working mans game in Lancashire/Yorkshire. The guys and girls who come up for the weekend are knowledgable and friendly

crash
14-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Thats the penultimate week in the EPL so there will definitely be games scheduled for 12.45 and 17.30 for TV.

Gettin' Auld
14-04-2010, 06:37 PM
:top marks

Wembley67
14-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Good, I dinnae want the streets populated with rugby ********s on Derby Day. Everyone of them are fuds.

Oh dear Sean, with a mouth like that I think you will find yourself in a bit of bother if you start saying that around the West End :yawn:

HibeeMcGinn1
14-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh dear Sean, with a mouth like that I think you will find yourself in a bit of bother if you start saying that around the West End :yawn:

hes right though :wink:

.Sean.
14-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Perhaps I should've said 'every one I KNOW is a fud'

Believe me, Haddy on a saturday is over-populated with loud-mouth rugby snobs.

murray26
14-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Thats the penultimate week in the EPL so there will definitely be games scheduled for 12.45 and 17.30 for TV.

There is no live games on the Saturday, end off, its bank holiday Monday and theres live games then, thats probaly the reason, i really hope its not early Sunday, its killing football.

Judas Iscariot
14-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Is that you Hamish?

I'd say his username could be a giveaway :greengrin

HH81
15-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Wish they would hurry up and announce it as I have tickets and need to book travel :grr::grr:

Joe Baker II
15-04-2010, 09:26 AM

Careful about what you mean by "rugby" though I agree with you. Rugby League fans are fine actually and no problem with them, while rugby union supporters (particularly Scottish ones but closely followed by the Irish, Engilsh and French) are filth of the earth though.

Plus could be an opportunity to persuade some of them along to ER if club came up with some imaginative ideas - would help if we could actually get time confirmed though.

Joe Baker II
15-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I seem to remember a derby maybe 8/9 years ago at ER that was a 5.35 k.o on a Saturday, cant remember any trouble that night.

March 2001-02 I think, time was definitely 535 and there was no major trouble, think we lost 2-1.

JimBHibees
15-04-2010, 09:28 AM
March 2001-02 I think, time was definitely 535 and there was no major trouble, think we lost 2-1.

was that not when fat Stamp scored late on.

Can also remember Mixu's late humiliating pen was a night game also

GlesgaeHibby
15-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Careful about what you mean by "rugby" though I agree with you. Rugby League fans are fine actually and no problem with them, while rugby union supporters (particularly Scottish ones but closely followed by the Irish, Engilsh and French) are filth of the earth though.

Plus could be an opportunity to persuade some of them along to ER if club came up with some imaginative ideas - would help if we could actually get time confirmed though.

As much as I find the sport horrendously boring, to call the fans "filth of the Earth" is way OTT.

How often do you see bother at a rugby game? Plenty at football games.

Yes they might be loud mouthed, annoying, pompous snobs, but they are pretty harmless.

JimBHibees
15-04-2010, 09:40 AM
As much as I find the sport horrendously boring, to call the fans "filth of the Earth" is way OTT.

How often do you see bother at a rugby game? Plenty at football games.

Yes they might be loud mouthed, annoying, pompous snobs, but they are pretty harmless.

Couldnt agree more pretty rich football fans giving supporters of another sport that description. Have been to a few rugby internationals and have seen nothing that would merit that description at all. The fans are mixed in and cover a wide range of ages including young and old. Usually good banter and have witnessed nothing that could be seen as anything more than that.

greenlex
15-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Was a certain 6-2 game not an evening kick off? No trouble there. Not even on the field. :greengrin

Steve20
15-04-2010, 09:46 AM

I don't like Rugby at all, but I have friends who are Rugby union fans and I can say that they are not "filth of the earth" as you put it.

You could try saying that to a few of them and see what happens.

Frazerbob
15-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Been to many a rugby match and played the game for years. Whilst some of the "rugby banter" can be a bit dubious, I can honestly say that I have never seen anything that comes close to some of the antics and disgusting behaviour I witnessed before and during the last Derby at Tynie (and that was an early kick off). If that was anything to go by, I hope we continue with the early kick offs.

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2010, 10:53 AM

There was a 1-1 a few years back on a Saturday tea-time - Pressley scored a penalty to equalise.

Being **** of the earth I played rugby in the afternoon and went straight to ER. The football was secondary I was just there for a pagger and a bevvy - you know what rugby types are like.

Leith Green
15-04-2010, 10:55 AM
There was a 1-1 a few years back on a Saturday tea-time - Pressley scored a penalty to equalise.

Being **** of the earth I played rugby in the afternoon and went straight to ER.

This was a 2-1 defeat wasnt it?? Pressley scored a last minute penalty winner if memory serves me correctly..

Leith Green
15-04-2010, 10:56 AM

This was the same day the Iona,Royal Nip were smashed up, and there was major trouble outside the Hopetoun bar

Danderhall Hibs
15-04-2010, 10:56 AM
This was a 2-1 defeat wasnt it?? Pressley scored a last minute penalty winner if memory serves me correctly..

Was it? Must be blanking it out if it was! It would've been March/April time probably 2001 or 2002?

LancashireHibby
15-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally wanted the Saturday, but having thought about it, an early Sunday kick off would suit me and then I can hop over to Murrayfield to catch the last two games of the Magic Weekend.

Leith Green
15-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Was it? Must be blanking it out if it was! It would've been March/April time probably 2001 or 2002?

Not sure of exact date but it was tail end of the 2001/2002 season mate, so March/April is a pretty good shout, but definetly we lost cos I remember going to the pub after the match and taking the usual flak fi my jambo mates.. and if im not wrong then I can remember us all back in the boozer the next day (sunday) still up from the night before watching the Rangers vs Ayr United CIS final on the sunday!!

HH81
15-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally wanted the Saturday, but having thought about it, an early Sunday kick off would suit me and then I can hop over to Murrayfield to catch the last two games of the Magic Weekend.

Matt,

Slightly off topic but do you know the ref from Leigh that does National League games and did the Tolouse V Keighley game last month?

He was saying he knew you and was from Leigh :thumbsup:

Think I might pop along to the rugby too if it works out to be a Sunday too!

Frazerbob
15-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Why have they not announced the details of this match? Surely they've had enough time to make a few calls by now. Some of us have to arrange time off work, book trains etc.

If it's not a big enough farce that the final 5 games are kept a secret from us all until the week before now, when the games are announced they can't tell us the kick off time or if the game will even take place on the Staurday.

For once I agree with Rangers, get the split tae ****!

Joe Baker II
15-04-2010, 01:21 PM
This was the same day the Iona, Royal Nip were smashed up, and there was major trouble outside the Hopetoun bar

Was that not the Sunday game where Paatelanien missed penalty when Hopetoun had trouble - could be wrong though.

Plus Hearts fans bus was attacked outside Royal Nip recently at a normal kick off time last season so not sure it was related to the kick off time.

Leith Green
15-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Was that not the Sunday game where Paatelanien missed penalty when Hopetoun had trouble - could be wrong though.

Plus Hearts fans bus was attacked outside Royal Nip recently at a normal kick off time last season so not sure it was related to the kick off time.

No it was definetly this game, I know that for a 100 per cent definite fact.. I'm not saying it was related to the kick off time, i was responding to a post that said there was no major trouble at that derby game, when in fact the total opposite is the case.. Doesnt bother me, early kick off or late kick off , trouble or no trouble ... Whatever goes mate

Joe Baker II
15-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't like Rugby at all, but I have friends who are Rugby union fans and I can say that they are not "filth of the earth" as you put it.

You could try saying that to a few of them and see what happens.

Have made that point regularly to rugby union fans, some listen others do not.

With regard to behaviour, there is entrenched culture in Edinburgh that the same type of drunkenness that would get football fans into trouble for much less is tolerated by police for Scotland rugby union supporters because of its synonymousness with anglicisation in Edinburgh and fact it is generally public school people who watch - atmosphere of looking after their own then kicks in. They then justify themselves and then defend it by saying rugby union supporters are better behaved and quote number of arrests as defence for their treatment of football supporters although they are never treated with same criteria.

Therefore anyone who chooses to subscribe to this by supporting rugby union in Edinburgh is guilty by association and deserves contempt.

Stress that many rugby league supporters hate rugby union even more than the average Scottish football fan, and they are very welcome in Edinburgh (I am actually tempted to go, just do not want to give SRU money, even indirectly).

DavieRoy
15-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Confirmed:

Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian
01/05/10
12.30pm kick-off
Live on ESPN

Zondervan
15-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Confirmed:

01/05/10
12.30pm kick-off
Live on ESPN

I am sure that this is the 1st time we have played Hearts at lunchtime on a Saturday at Easter Road?

Billy Whizz
15-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Confirmed:

01/05/10
12.30pm kick-off
Live on ESPN

Confirmed where?

H18sry
15-04-2010, 03:10 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290,00.html :wink:

JimBHibees
15-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I am sure that this is the 1st time we have played Hearts at lunchtime on a Saturday at Easter Road?

Was the 2-2 game when Webster scored late not a Saturday, couple of weeks after Deanos winner at Tynie.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Still showing 3pm on this?

Newhaven
15-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Fletcher shoulder goal 1-0 to us under Mixu :confused:

DavieRoy
15-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Was the 2-2 game when Webster scored late not a Saturday, couple of weeks after Deanos winner at Tynie.

That was a Saturday 3pm start.

H18sry
15-04-2010, 03:22 PM

Still showing 3pm on this?

No its not its showing 1230 :smug:

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 03:23 PM

Nah i'm sure that was a 3pm K.O. on a Saturday.

JimBHibees
15-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Nah i'm sure that was a 3pm K.O. on a Saturday.

Fair do's, wish this one was. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
15-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Matt,

Slightly off topic but do you know the ref from Leigh that does National League games and did the Tolouse V Keighley game last month?

He was saying he knew you and was from Leigh :thumbsup:

Think I might pop along to the rugby too if it works out to be a Sunday too!

Yeah I know Warren, he was at the same high school as me, albeit 2-3 years below me. Bizarrely, he's the referee for the Leigh game in France this weekend and is travelling by coach with the Leigh team - was planning on being there myself but it's looking like my flight will be cancelled :boo hoo:

half.time.draw.
15-04-2010, 04:29 PM
So it says on ESPN website..:agree:

May 1 12:30 UKHibernian (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=258&cc=5739) v (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=290816&league=SCO.1&cc=5739)Heart of Midlothian (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=262&cc=5739)Easter Road Stadium

seanraff07
15-04-2010, 04:41 PM
The match is officially being played at 12.30 on a Saturday, it's on the official website when i looked at the ticket information..

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html)