PDA

View Full Version : Forth 1

cabbage07
13-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Im sure i heard Yogi saying this morning that he cant see us winning another game this season .
Anyone else hear this?

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Im sure i heard Yogi saying this morning that he cant see us winning another game this season .
Anyone else hear this?

Aye right.

brydekirk
13-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Anyone else hear this?
no, but he said on HTV he wants to win 3 of the next 5 games.

cabbage07
13-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Aye right.

Honestly mate caught the backend of the clip.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Honestly mate caught the backend of the clip.

If he said that, He should be hung drawn and qaurtered.

ozzie
13-04-2010, 07:41 PM
he cant see us winning any of the next 5 games, IF WE PLAY THE WAY WE DID ON SATURDAY was the bit you missed.

i quite agree with him.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Didn't hear any of the interview but given that cabbage07 only caught the 'back end of the interview' how about the following scenario?

Yogi answering a question about the remaining games

"They'll be tough I'm sure but I'm confident we'll pick up some points as it's unlilely (cabbage07 switches radio on) we won't win any of our remaining games'

Just a thought :wink:

cabbage07
13-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Couldnt believe it myself something on the lines if the players dont get there act together then he cant see them win any of the remainder games :agree:
Jeffries was on before him saying that he can catch us ,there must be someone else on here that heard the sport around about 8am

cabbage07
13-04-2010, 07:45 PM
he cant see us winning any of the next 5 games, IF WE PLAY THE WAY WE DID ON SATURDAY was the bit you missed.

i quite agree with him.
Ok mate well its his job to try and change that.

Steve20
13-04-2010, 07:45 PM
What he said was if we play like we have been recently, we wont win another match.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2010, 07:47 PM
What he said was if we play like we have been recently, we wont win another match.

Well if he said that and of course he did cos you heard him Steve I can see absolutely nothing wrong in him saying it because it's true

ozzie
13-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Ok mate well its his job to try and change that.

wasn't trying to be smart (if that how it sounded) just ment if we carry on playing the way we have been we wont get another point this season. i really hope thats not the case.

seanraff07
13-04-2010, 07:49 PM

Why doesn't he try doing something about then instead of stating the obvious.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Why doesn't he try doing something about then instead of stating the obvious.

What makes you think he's not trying to do something about it Sean?

It's often the case that statements like Yogi's are misinterpreted because we see them only as the written word and that means we've no idea what tone they were delivered in or what context they had to the rest of his interview.

Saorsa
13-04-2010, 07:51 PM
What he said was if we play like we have been recently, we wont win another match.He's no wrong there!

What I'd like tae see is what action (heard enough talk) he's going tae take tae do something about it, if indeed he is capable.

seanraff07
13-04-2010, 08:07 PM
What makes you think he's not trying to do something about it Sean?

It's often the case that statements like Yogi's are misinterpreted because we see them only as the written word and that means we've no idea what tone they were delivered in or what context they had to the rest of his interview.

Suppose you've got a point there John.

He could be doing something about it, i'm just yet to see it in our performances, he needs to do something about it quickly though or else Motherwell will be ahead and Hearts will be up our backsides.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2010, 08:24 AM

i quite agree with him.

Just like last saturday then? Not like St Johnstone away, or at the second game at home or in the LC, or Hamilton first time, or United at home, or last time at Motherwell, or the last Rangers games home and away, or Ross County home and away or the last game at Tynecastle?

Only if we play like we did on Saturday past?

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Just like last saturday then? Not like St Johnstone away, or at the second game at home or in the LC, or Hamilton first time, or United at home, or last time at Motherwell, or the last Rangers games home and away, or Ross County home and away or the last game at Tynecastle?

Only if we play like we did on Saturday past?

:agree: The current squad appear IMHO to have 'shut-off' to Yogi's mantra and the formation/style of play/management style etc - otherwise defeats in the manner of Accies and St Johnstone, and dreadful derby performances would not happen IMHO.

Also, at no time in these games did Yogi make the correct change nor did the team respond. :grr:

Westie1875
14-04-2010, 08:35 AM
This is getting ridiculous, he can't say anything without someone jumping on it and getting all upset. There is nothing wrong with what he said, its the truth, people need to get a grip and stop over reacting to everything the media publish.

PaulSmith
14-04-2010, 08:41 AM
This is getting ridiculous, he can't say anything without someone jumping on it and getting all upset. There is nothing wrong with what he said, its the truth, people need to get a grip and stop over reacting to everything the media publish.

Indeed, it is getting really tiresome and no matter what Hughes says from now on in there will be regular posters who will be all over it like a rash trying to take the pishh about what he has said or will interpret in a manner which suits their own mind set

rainman
14-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Indeed, it is getting really tiresome and no matter what Hughes says from now on in there will be regular posters who will be all over it like a rash trying to take the pishh about what he has said or will interpret in a manner which suits their own mind set

It's getting like the bad days under Mixu. Same posters. Same blurb that they copy and paste into every thread regardless of the thread topic. :yawn:

bighairyfaeleith
14-04-2010, 08:54 AM

I'm outraged at your comments, I'm going to write a letter :grr:

B

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 09:07 AM

He has been spouting pish for some weeks though .. in the opinion of many on here.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 09:11 AM
He has been spouting pish for some weeks though .. in the opinion of many on here.

Ditto.

Westie1875
14-04-2010, 09:12 AM

But what he is quoted as saying is not pish so why jump on it?

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 09:17 AM
But what he is quoted as saying is not pish so why jump on it?

We all know why, he didnae want him in the 1st case, and he's been on his back from day 1. He couldn't wait for a dip in form to spew his bile out.

erskine-hibby
14-04-2010, 09:34 AM
We all know why, he didnae want him in the 1st case, and he's been on his back from day 1. He couldn't wait for a dip in form to spew his bile out.

Much like yerself when Mixu was in charge then, but I suppose it was justified because we were cr@p, he talked cr@p....wait a minute!

The real problem here is that Yogi has been talking the talk from day one, but not walking the walk and people are getting tired of it.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Much like yerself when Mixu was in charge then, but I suppose it was justified because we were cr@p, he talked cr@p....wait a minute!

The real problem here is that Yogi has been talking the talk from day one, but not walking the walk and people are getting tired of it.

I was not against Mixu when he got the job, and did not have an agenda againts him. Yogi was talking the talk and walking the walk, until the team was changed in february, with injuries and loss of form.

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 10:00 AM

You're talking pish (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2100520&postcount=156) again :bye:

Speedway
14-04-2010, 10:28 AM
When McLeish couldn't buy a win from January onwards in the season he took us to third, he didn't change tactics and he wasn't a Hibby and all the good work his side had done, was done before Christmas; so why didn't we turn on him on here, in the same way?

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 10:31 AM
You're talking pish (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2100520&postcount=156) again :bye:

You make one positive post after a friendly, well done. Were are the others when we were winning up to February 14th. :confused:

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 10:37 AM
You make one positive post after a friendly, well done. Were are the others when we were winning up to February 14th. :confused:

Many .. if the search facility was better (or my ability to work it better) I'd be able to find them

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 10:38 AM
When McLeish couldn't buy a win from January onwards in the season he took us to third, he didn't change tactics and he wasn't a Hibby and all the good work his side had done, was done before Christmas; so why didn't we turn on him on here, in the same way?

Was havering pash .. and the football was miles better, and I'm no sure I was posting then :cool2: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Many .. if the search facility was better (or my ability to work it better) I'd be able to find them

I have had a look, all you do is go wwooohooo if we win, but when we lose you get stuck into the manager. You dont tell us how good he'd done when we win, only rip him when we lose. Pathetic.

Steve20
14-04-2010, 10:39 AM

Maybe because he made the cup final? Not saying its fair, but maybe that's why.

I am also not saying everything Hughes does is wrong, but McLeish was a far better manager than Hughes ever will be for Hibs IMO.

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I have had a look, all you do is go wwooohooo if we win, but when we lose you get stuck into the manager. You dont tell us how good he'd done when we win, only rip him when we lose. Pathetic.

Here's you being negative in July - Woe is me! (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2092067&postcount=1)

Here's me being positive and agreeing with Andy74 .. would you adam and eve it! (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2092140&postcount=20)

PC Stamp
14-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Here's you being negative in July - Woe is me! (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2092067&postcount=1)

Here's me being positive and agreeing with Andy74 .. would you adam and eve it! (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2092140&postcount=20)

Not bad G. 21000+ posts and you've found ONE where you agree with Andy! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Negative? I'm backing the manager, yet pointing out the players we lost need replacing, and not with the dross Mixu left us, exactly what i'm saying now.:faf::faf:

Then you are agreeing with Andy, that Bamba's a liability, and JJ should play more. :faf::faf::faf: And thats positive? :faf::faf:

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Not bad G. 21000+ posts and you've found ONE where you agree with Andy! :greengrin

I think there's maybe (just maybe) two others :greengrin

There's plenty of me and Blackpool agreeing re Mixu - but not Yogi - yet I cannae see the difference :confused:

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 10:59 AM
TQM, can you find any posts from yourself, praising the manager on any of our wins? I can find plenty of the opposite.

hibiedude
14-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Couldnt believe it myself something on the lines if the players dont get there act together then he cant see them win any of the remainder games :agree:
Jeffries was on before him saying that he can catch us ,there must be someone else on here that heard the sport around about 8am

I heard it cabbage he said IF we perform they way we have been he can’t see us winning any of the remaining 5 games.

What I didnt like was he's happy to point the finger at the players but its Yogi that picks the team set the formation and does the sound bites for the media.

something he forgot to mention :confused:

Andy74
Negative? I'm backing the manager, yet pointing out the players we lost need replacing, and not with the dross Mixu left us, exactly what i'm saying now.:faf::faf:

Then you are agreeing with Andy, that Bamba's a liability, and JJ should play more. :faf::faf::faf: And thats positive? :faf::faf:

Aye, I've changed my mind on both those! :greengrin

IWasThere2016

:confused: Yogi's signed about 6 since then .. And Bamba is a liability at the back IMO.

JJ didnae get a chance IMHO

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 11:05 AM
:confused: Yogi's signed about 6 since then .. And Bamba is a liability at the back IMO.

Stop it, :faf::faf::faf:

Toaods
14-04-2010, 11:15 AM

I used to think the same but the fact JJ went to St Johnstone, scored a clincher at Tynie yet was released says to me he can't cut it fitness wise anymore and probably had niggling strains that would have frustrated him and the management too.

Bad Martini
14-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Every manager takes pelters when Hibs dont win. FACT.

I've not been on Hughes back all season, nor have I sung his praises. IMHO, he wasn't the best choice for the job and whilst saying that, I don't necessarily have a brilliant candidate to replace him either but a spade is a spade and IMHO Hughes was never "all that", even before it all started and he was brought in. He talks the talk, I like that, but there's actions needed...and thats, his failing, along with no Plan B.

Mixu, was worse though but thats not what we're discussing here...

IMHO, w
e should never have let the Collins "situation" end up how it did. We can blame our lack of moving forward on him leaving and for a bit of a downward spiral kicking in but the bottom line is, it DID all start to go wrong when Collins was in charge laterarily.......but I dont blame Collins for it. Amoungst all the ***** with Brown, Thomson, the Record, the revolt, ginger baws and aw the pish he still won the ****ing cup. Pure. Simple. Fact. Not Mowbray, not anyone else, Collins. He got backstabbed and we've actually not done much since. He talked the talk but also, walked the walk far more than Yogi has. I dont think Collins was the Messiah either but given the choice between Collins, Mixu and Yogi......I'd have given the time, money and backing to fix things to Collins 10/10 times.

No undercover yam here...just MY opinion. Mixu wasn't right for the job. I don't think Yogi has done all that much either (he HAS done better than Mixu - there is no doubt about that but we've not progressed all that far under him) and now its OK to accept 4-1 gubbings, oot the cup and all such due to lack of balls and arguably at times, fitness.

The facts are, regardless of HOW we got to where we go to (and much of it was down to some good luck as well as our own doing) where we were just before Xmas, it is now ALL but gone. We had occupied the 2nd and 3rd spots in the league ...... when there was precious little injury, suspension, we rode some luck AND we done well.

The mark of a good manager, is dealing with the ****, when its not going well. That, is where we are now. And that is where we are having problems. That is where Falkirk had problems too, when things went wrong.

ALL, in my opinion......to which, am entitled. Doesny mean I want Hibs to lose, doesny mean I like to say I was right but I reckon, short of winning and LOOKING like we mean it, every time, on a good run and no fluke, am far from convinced on Yogi.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 02:26 PM
JJ had 9 appearances and didn't score for us, apart from that raker in pre-season against Dunfermline, and he scored one goal for St.Johnstone. IMO that just isn't really good enough scoring one goal from 15 games in the SPL.

mcfly
14-04-2010, 05:23 PM
i'm sick of listening to the same keek each week from the manager after watching the same keek each week. he talks a good game maybe thats how he got the job....remember he was 90 mins away from taking falkirk to div 1 and then he gets the hibs job!!!

how he sees positives is beyond me and if he isnt kicking butts then he doesnt have the respect of the dressing room.

we are a sinking ship and if hearts catch us then yogi should go in my view as that will be the final kick in the guts for me.

new stand will be half full

his buys in jan were very poor....has mark brown been seen??

we must have a clearout of the dross at easter road!!!!!!!!!

Jonnyboy
14-04-2010, 07:07 PM

:agree:

ronaldo7
14-04-2010, 07:20 PM
i'm sick of listening to the same keek each week from the manager after watching the same keek each week. he talks a good game maybe thats how he got the job....remember he was 90 mins away from taking falkirk to div 1 and then he gets the hibs job!!!

how he sees positives is beyond me and if he isnt kicking butts then he doesnt have the respect of the dressing room.

we are a sinking ship and if hearts catch us then yogi should go in my view as that will be the final kick in the guts for me.

He was 90 minutes from lifting the holy grail, and then he got the Hibs job:wink:

mcfly
14-04-2010, 07:28 PM
doesnt mean he is any good.

how the midfield hasnt been sorted is beyond me

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 07:57 PM

It was fine, then McBride and Zemamma got long term injuries.

ronaldo7
14-04-2010, 08:03 PM

Thank god you're not the manager then:wink:

NOLA
14-04-2010, 09:56 PM
TQM, can you find any posts from yourself, praising the manager on any of our wins? I can find plenty of the opposite.

the 2 of you should just get a room, ffs, a hibbie love in:agree:

RickyS
15-04-2010, 01:30 AM

couldnae agree more, the players take it in turns to tell the evening news - we ken we were pash and we ken we have to win this weekend, and low and behold we are pash again, then the manager says, we were pash but the boys have been great all season. ive stopped reading the paper, same story, different player.:blah:

KWJ
15-04-2010, 02:45 AM
It's always the same though. The winning run would have been the same too it's just easier to read.

I'll be in the new stand, nice to know I'll be able to put my feet up.

Mark Brown is on a 3 (i think?) year deal. His time will come, probably next season. He's not played a game and he's being hounded. I highly doubt Yogi was given the option of a RB or a 5th keeper and decided to plump for the keeper.

If a RB or whatever else was available to improve the squad Yogi would have brought him in.

blackpoolhibs
15-04-2010, 06:25 AM
the 2 of you should just get a room, ffs, a hibbie love in:agree:

No love in, just pointing something out. Strange there's no reply eh?:bitchy: I bet if he finds one praising the manager, i can find 5 having a go against him.

Sauzee07
15-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Did anyone else turn the radio on this morning and hear Yogi talking about matches? I only caught the end of it but I thought it was a disgrace considering the children that could be listening at that time of the morning.

Remember kids, don't play with matches. :furious:

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Still nae answer, yet you can find an obscure one from the friendly at Dunfermline.:rolleyes:

BonnieFitbaTeam
16-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Well if he said that and of course he did cos you heard him Steve I can see absolutely nothing wrong in him saying it because it's true

Indeed it is.

I therefore expect the club to fine him a week's wages forthwith.

:devil: