PDA

View Full Version : NHC Aberdeen give free tickets away for Saturday's game

California-Hibs
13-04-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100412/calling-all-soldiers-of-the-red-army_2212158_2022446

I just noticed that Aberdeen are giving away free tickets for Saturdays game. A season ticket holder can take a mate along for nothing. I personally wouldnt pay to watch Aberdeen, never mind going for free, but i thought in general its a pretty good idea in their race to survival trying to get more into the stadium for a vital game.

Would we ever do something like this?...I dont think we would, which is ashame because you often hear of clubs doing things like this, or kids get in free etc, just one offs now and then, but i can't ever remember Hibs doing something similar.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 04:30 PM
There home crowd against the Super J's at the weekend was truly shambolic, They know how crucial this game is to them so they will be trying to drum up as many fans as they can, Good idea IMO.

marinello59
13-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Their crowd on Saturday was only 7568. Desperate times at Pittodrie. Even letting the sheep in for nowt won't boost their crowd much given that it looks like their season ticket holders have given up on them already.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100412/calling-all-soldiers-of-the-red-army_2212158_2022446

I just noticed that Aberdeen are giving away free tickets for Saturdays game. A season ticket holder can take a mate along for nothing. I personally wouldnt pay to watch Aberdeen, never mind going for free, but i thought in general its a pretty good idea in their race to survival trying to get more into the stadium for a vital game.

Would we ever do something like this?...I dont think we would, which is ashame because you often hear of clubs doing things like this, or kids get in free etc, just one offs now and then, but i can't ever remember Hibs doing something similar.

Behave now. Petrie wouldnt give you free sachets of broon sauce with your pie.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Behave now. Petrie wouldnt give you free sachets of broon sauce with your pie.

Jeez, you mean I've been stealing them? Don't send the boys round round Rod, I'll pay up the next time I'm at Easter Road.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Jeez, you mean I've been stealing them? Don't send the boys round round Rod, I'll pay up the next time I'm at Easter Road.

:agree:

You better see the man in person and cough up,With interest too.

:cool2:

iwasthere1972
13-04-2010, 05:21 PM

I'm I correct in thinking that their season tickets holders are (through this SPL split farce) basically getting an extra game for free. They would have expected to see 19 home games on their season ticket but have ended up with 20. At the expense of Motherwell I should add.

They may as well just open the gates and let all and sundry in. :agree:

Toaods
13-04-2010, 05:46 PM
They may as well just open the pen and let all and sundry in. :agree:

...sorted that for you....:cool2:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 01:47 PM
It would be good if we were to do something like this but it wouldn't happen.

The only thing we do is the Hibs Kids members get in free for a couple of games throughout the season, but i'm sure you have to pay £10 at the start of the season to become a member.

marinello59
14-04-2010, 05:09 PM
It would be good if we were to do something like this but it wouldn't happen.

The only thing we do is the Hibs Kids members get in free for a couple of games throughout the season, but i'm sure you have to pay £10 at the start of the season to become a member.

Hibs Kids get four free games, regular newsletters, entry in to a draw to become a match day mascot and a personalised Birthday card. Not bad for a tenner. (This season kids who have season tickets get free membership which entitles them to bring a friend along on Hibs Kids days at a discounted rate.)

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Hibs Kids get four free games, regular newsletters, entry in to a draw to become a match day mascot and a personalised Birthday card. Not bad for a tenner. (This season kids who have season tickets get free membership which entitles them to bring a friend along on Hibs Kids days at a discounted rate.)

Not bad, but that's the only thing we do and it only benefits younger ones, they don't have any sort of discounts for Adults. Even Hearts have things like if you buy their away top for £10 then you get a ticket for the next two games or something along the lines of that, apart from the Hibs Kids what do we actually have?

marinello59
14-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Not bad, but that's the only thing we do and it only benefits younger ones, they don't have any sort of discounts for Adults. Even Hearts have things like if you buy their away top for £10 then you get a ticket for the next two games or something along the lines of that, apart from the Hibs Kids what do we actually have?

What should Hibs be doing then? Remember they have to make sure that Season Tickets are still an attractive option so room for manouevre is somewhat limited.
(Hearts work to different rules from everybody else because they are a HUGE club.:greengrin)

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:28 PM
What should Hibs be doing then? Remember they have to make sure that Season Tickets are still an attractive option so room for manouevre is somewhat limited.
(Hearts work to different rules from everybody else because they are a HUGE club.:greengrin)

Fair point, oh yes sorry i completely forgot.:greengrin

StevieC
14-04-2010, 07:33 PM
St Johnstone are doing the same deal this weekend .. every season ticket holder can bring a friend for free.

:hmmm:

Sylar
14-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm in Aberdeen, spending some time with a friend this weekend. We're probably going to meet a couple of mates we know in Aberdeen centre, both of whom are ST holders at Pittoders. We'll probably have some lunch, a few drinks and watch the Manchester derby. They COULD get us into Pittodrie for free, thus providing football for the afternoon.

I'd rather chew tin foil than spend the afternoon watching the Sheep though - unless someone could a) get me into the Falkirk end and b) guarantee me a Falkirk win! :wink:

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm in Aberdeen, spending some time with a friend this weekend. We're probably going to meet a couple of mates we know in Aberdeen centre, both of whom are ST holders at Pittoders. We'll probably have some lunch, a few drinks and watch the Manchester derby. They COULD get us into Pittodrie for free, thus providing football for the afternoon.

I'd rather chew tin foil than spend the afternoon watching the Sheep though - unless someone could a) get me into the Falkirk end and b) guarantee me a Falkirk win! :wink:

Is watching Hibs get beat not included in your plans for Saturday?

Sylar
14-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Is watching Hibs get beat not included in your plans for Saturday?

No

Jack
14-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Its an intersting one and I'm sure other clubs, hopefully including Hibs, will be watching to see how it goes.
I'd like to see Hibs do it next season when we'll have all these empty seats. I think most ST holders might be inclined to bring along an older lapsed Hibby who might be encouraged to come along under their own steam for future matches. I think too much is done for kids 'investing in our future' surely the two can go together.