PDA

View Full Version : Away allocation for easter rd

blueisthecolour
13-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I know with hibs poor run of form, attendances have fallen at easter rd, with the east stand down, our allocation is about 800, if attendances don't rise could hibs offer rangers more tickets and move hibs fans in to the other stands to make more cash?

I know hibs fans will prob not want this but would the chairmen consider it in your opinion?

hibeenicol
13-04-2010, 02:29 PM
:bitchy: Nope at the most you'll get half the south stand.

blueisthecolour
13-04-2010, 02:30 PM
:bitchy: Nope at the most you'll get half the south stand.

Is that about 800? that's the numbers im being told we will get

Westie1875
13-04-2010, 02:31 PM
No chance.

MSK
13-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Is that about 800? that's the numbers im being told we will getYip ,,the yam tramps are getting 773...:jamboak:...773 too many if you ask me ..:greengrin

blueisthecolour
13-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Yip ,,the yam tramps are getting 773...:jamboak:...773 too many if you ask me ..:greengrin

Trust me mate, when they are not there, it's not the same, don't know if hibs have played hearts without there fans or vise verse but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Toaods
13-04-2010, 02:36 PM
We'd proabably save more cash by not giving your lot any tickets. The lost income would easily be usurped by the savings made on police and stewards that are normally in place.

Westie1875
13-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Trust me mate, when they are not there, it's not the same, don't know if hibs have played hearts without there fans or vise verse but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Really? I think it would be hilarious for a one off.

Steve20
13-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I know with hibs poor run of form, attendances have fallen at easter rd, with the east stand down, our allocation is about 800, if attendances don't rise could hibs offer rangers more tickets and move hibs fans in to the other stands to make more cash?

Away ya go. Bad enough I got moved in the first place, but I would be even more unhappy to get shifted again. Especially to give you dirty huns more tickets.

K.Marx
13-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Is that about 800? that's the numbers im being told we will get

Nope, 800 will be half the lower tier...If sales are poor I imagine you will get half the upper aswell

MSK
13-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Trust me mate, when they are not there, it's not the same, don't know if hibs have played hearts without there fans or vise verse but it's not all it's cracked up to be.Trust me mate ..the place would smell a whole lot better !!! :jamboak:

We hammered them 6-2 when there was a boycott from the yam tramps ...:protest: wouldnt have made a difference if there was 3000 or 300 of them that night or not ..we ripped them a new hole !!!! :bye:

blueisthecolour
13-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Nope, 800 will be half the lower tier...If sales are poor I imagine you will get half the upper aswell

CHEERS

Trust me mate ..the place would smell a whole lot better !!! :jamboak:

We hammered them 6-2 when there was a boycott from the yam tramps ...:protest: wouldnt have made a difference if there was 3000 or 300 of them that night or not ..we ripped them a new hole !!!! :bye:

How many hearts fans went, or did they properly boycott?

I found when we played celtic when their fans were banned from ibrox, we had no one to give pelters to except the players, as much as I hate them in ibrox it helps the atmosphere.

Keith_M
13-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Celtc got a total allocation of 1,600, so I'd presume you'll get the same. That's the east half of the South Stand, top and bottom tier.

The problem with moving people from the South to the other stands, something I asked about before, is that most of the empty seats in the other stands are actually already paid for by ST holders. Even if they don't turn up, you can't sell their seats.

MSK
13-04-2010, 02:58 PM
CHEERS

I found when we played celtic when their fans were banned from ibrox, we had no one to give pelters to except the players, as much as I hate them in ibrox it helps the atmosphere.Prob about half their allocation ...bet they wished they had boycotted !!! :tee hee:

blueisthecolour
13-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Celtc got a total allocation of 1,600, so I'd presume you'll get the same. That's the east half of the South Stand, top and bottom tier.

The problem with moving people from the South to the other stands, something I asked about before, is that most of the empty seats in the other stands are actually already paid for by ST holders. Even if they don't turn up, you can't sell their seats.

Cheers, thats quite a bit more than I expected, I got my email from hibs saying I can't apply myself as all tickets going to supporters clubs.

Diclonius
13-04-2010, 05:30 PM

I would absolutely love to play the Yams with Easter Road full of Hibbies and zero allocation for them. :agree:

Barney McGrew
13-04-2010, 05:40 PM

They went through a period of boycotting Easter Road in the early part of the last decade, a period which co-incidentally saw them having a pish record against us.

And yet they still have a go at us with the 'dressed as seats' jibes because we sold a few less tickets for one game that they couldn't sell out their allocation for either.

Big team my erse.

Nameless
13-04-2010, 05:57 PM
I would imagine Rangers and Hearts will just get the lower south east corner, about 800 tickets. As far as I am aware, Hibs can't segregate the concourse for the upper deck, can anybody who was at the Celtic game in the south upper confirm what the arrangements were in the concourse?

ronaldo7
13-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Celtc got a total allocation of 1,600, so I'd presume you'll get the same. That's the east half of the South Stand, top and bottom tier. The problem with moving people from the South to the other stands, something I asked about before, is that most of the empty seats in the other stands are actually already paid for by ST holders. Even if they don't turn up, you can't sell their seats.

For the remainder of the games at ER this season the opposition fans will get half of the lower tier only.:agree:

Westie1875
13-04-2010, 06:04 PM
For the remainder of the games at ER this season the opposition fans will get half of the lower tier only.:agree:

It suggests on the official site today that Rangers and Hearts will get the same as Celtic got?

Nakedmanoncrack
13-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Strange decision when you consider Celtic got top & bottom and there were still a couple of thousand empty seats in our end, Hibs will sell virtually zero tickets for the remaining fixtures so wouldn't have expected the away allocation to be cut.

ronaldo7
13-04-2010, 06:16 PM
It suggests on the official site today that Rangers and Hearts will get the same as Celtic got?

You're correct.

My info is sooooo last season:grr:

tamig
13-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I would imagine Rangers and Hearts will just get the lower south east corner, about 800 tickets. As far as I am aware, Hibs can't segregate the concourse for the upper deck, can anybody who was at the Celtic game in the south upper confirm what the arrangements were in the concourse?

It was same at Ross County game. Us folks in the South upper had to buy our pies on the ground floor. They had the catering on the top deck.

Moulin Yarns
14-04-2010, 05:07 AM
would it not be the case that the allocation for Rangers be calculated the same way as the Hertz allocation?

If that is the case I would imagine it might be

3030 :wink:

Hibbyradge
14-04-2010, 06:11 AM

Yes they could. But they won't

I know hibs fans will prob not want this but would the chairmen consider it in your opinion?

No they won't. And not just in my opinion.

LHWM
14-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Hearts have had their allocation doubled to 1400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 08:48 AM
We'd proabably save more cash by not giving your lot any tickets. The lost income would easily be usurped by the savings made on police and stewards that are normally in place.

No this is absolutely not the case though it is worrying how many people think this and try to use it as justification to limit away fans. (I recently posted figures on tihs and can do so if again if requested.)

Fewer away supporters mean less money unless they can be entirely replaced by home supporters - and in fact limiting the away supporters allocation can reduce home support in totality too due to perception there will be smaller crowd, less atmosphere etc making home fans less likely to go .

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=happyhibbie;2426478]

We hammered them 6-2 when there was a boycott from the yam tramps ...:protest: wouldnt have made a difference if there was 3000 or 300 of them that night or not ..we ripped them a new hole !!!! :bye:[/

You will not find all Hibs fans agree with you on this, many think the 6-2 game was a bit low key due to the small Hearts support after their "boycott" - the 3-0 win the year before at a packed Tynecastle (arguably a more impressive result anyway given Hearts were doing quite well at the time) lives longer in memory of many fans who were at both games. (I have been laughed at for stating this before and know many regular hibs.net posters will disagree but stand by this view)

Without getting into rights or wrongs of so-called boycotts (both clubs have been guilty of overpricing in past to be honest) good news that Hearts allocation has been doubled if true and suspect there will be a similar announcement with Rangers shortly.

sahib
14-04-2010, 09:23 AM
No this is absolutely not the case though it is worrying how many people think this and try to use it as justification to limit away fans. (I recently posted figures on tihs and can do so if again if requested.)

Fewer away supporters mean less money unless they can be entirely replaced by home supporters - and in fact limiting the away supporters allocation can reduce home support in totality too due to perception there will be smaller crowd, less atmosphere etc making home fans less likely to go .

:agree:

The Hun/Jambo pound is as good as anyone elses.

Hibs should take a radical approach and actively encourage away fans. Treat them well and show that the club value their custom. How about a "friends of the family" loyalty card - every fourth visit at a reduced rate. Subsidise transport and sell their club merchandise at a mark up. The home supporters are a limited market and when the team are playing badly attendances drop, so market this to away fans as a chance to see their team pick up an easy away win. Sorted.

Frazerbob
14-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Hearts have had their allocation doubled to 1400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if this is FACT or not but would hope so. We won't fill the ground and this will hopefully mean that when Hearts eventually get around to building their 4th pink bus shelter (sorry, £50000000000000 super-dooper stand and hotel) they'll follow our precedent and give us a similar number of tickets.

Edit - This is FACT....end off!!

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100414/update-hibs-v-hearts-more-tickets_2241384_2022241

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 09:37 AM

Indeed.

greenlex
14-04-2010, 09:49 AM

Indeed.
I agree and really dont see why the club are not looking at raising the away allocation when the stadium is complete for cat A games until we are in a position to fill the East West and FF Stand with hibs fans. I would suggest we even cut their allocation in the South when we reach a position to do that too. We must be one of the worlds few businesses to turn away custom.
More bums on seats = more quality on the park. Simples.

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree and really dont see why the club are not looking at raising the away allocation when the stadium is complete for cat A games until we are in a position to fill the East West and FF Stand with hibs fans. I would suggest we even cut their allocation in the South when we reach a position to do that too. We must be one of the worlds few businesses to turn away custom.
More bums on seats = more quality on the park. Simples.

Totally agree, to be fair to Hibs Board I think part of the problem is that there is a certain type of hard core home fan at all clubs who foams with rage when this sort of thing is proposed, not saying I think this is acceptable reason for not doing raising away fans allocation for certain games but I can understand why they hesitate when they know they will get complaints from such people.

Though I think that despite clubs denials Petrie will be considering raising the away allocation for selected games next season particularly if as Frazer Bob suggests a reciprocal arrangement can be put in place, as you say well run organisations do not turn away custom.

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 11:15 AM

Hibs should take a radical approach and actively encourage away fans. Treat them well and show that the club value their custom. How about a "friends of the family" loyalty card - every fourth visit at a reduced rate. Subsidise transport and sell their club merchandise at a mark up. The home supporters are a limited market and when the team are playing badly attendances drop, so market this to away fans as a chance to see their team pick up an easy away win. Sorted.

Agree, in fact this makes more sense than subsidising transport for Hibs fans travelling away as club gains a direct benefit particuarly if can get them using club bars too, particularly if Hibs can encourage other clubs to do the same for Hibs fans - maybe too sensible for average SPL Directors though.

Westie1875
14-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Agree, in fact this makes more sense than subsidising transport for Hibs fans travelling away as club gains a direct benefit particuarly if can get them using club bars too, particularly if Hibs can encourage other clubs to do the same for Hibs fans - maybe too sensible for average SPL Directors though.

I'm not sure the post you quoted was a serious one? :greengrin

I'd rather the club focussed on getting more hibs fans in the door (which I think they will be) with bring a friend deals and the likes once the new stand is up.

Antifa Hibs
14-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Good to see the huns getting the 1500. I don't mind the huns (Don't get me wrong I *** them) but they can be good for a laugh, up for a bit banter etc compared to the lesser greens who are generally moaning faced whinging c***s!!

Saying that they still shouldn't get any more seats, 4000 seats (one 5th of the future allocatio is plenty)

Bad Martini
14-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Nae huns in Edinburgh. That would be something to behold. Dirty, smelly, biggoted bassas.

Failing that, as someone noted, their pound is still a pound and in that vein, why not up the away prices just for the boysinbluewhaegot****edsixtwobythefamousedinburghi beesyabass ....
perhaps £1875 per ticket ... might even give them the 1500 tickets they want.

That said, that could break the GiroBank and send them into liquidation :greengrin

LHWM
14-04-2010, 12:07 PM
perhaps £1875 per ticket ...

Surely £1690 per ticket ?

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure the post you quoted was a serious one? :greengrin

I'd rather the club focussed on getting more hibs fans in the door (which I think they will be) with bring a friend deals and the likes once the new stand is up.

Do not really care if it was serious or not, it is something all clubs should be looking at regardless.

sahib
14-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Do not really care if serious or not, it is something all clubs should be looking at regardless.

I was making a fairly serious point.
I admit that some ideas might be to much for some home fans and the club can not afford to p### them off. Things like subsidising away supporters transport does make more sense than subs for Hibs fans going to away matches though.
Your post got me thinking and really away fans are a valuable source of income ( vital?) and one that it might be possible to increase. Hibs are a business and away supporters are customers.