PDA

View Full Version : Hibs win cup

heretoday
13-04-2010, 09:58 AM
It's probably been asked before but would you gladly see Hibs win the Scottish Cup if it meant relegation?

Saorsa
13-04-2010, 10:03 AM
It's probably been asked before but would you gladly see Hibs win the Scottish Cup if it meant relegation?No, not a chance.

JimBHibees
13-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Without question yes.

greenlex
13-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Ask me again in 20 years.

Aaron
13-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes. I enjoyed going to so many new grounds when we went down and I want to see us lift the cup before it becomes another 100 odd years.

Mango Man
13-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Thats mental, i was actually going to post a thread on this very question yesterday. Would go for no i think. Would really taint the victory of the scottish cup imo. Don't worry, we will win the cup in the next 50 years or so.:boo hoo:

IWasThere2016
13-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Ask me again in 20 years.

:faf:

Andy74
13-04-2010, 12:08 PM
No, it would be nice to win but I don't share the obsession.

For me the most important things is that we are looking to constantly improve and challenge for everything we are in, and get entertained a bit along the way.

If we were bad enough to be relegated it means we are miles away from where we should be, so no, it would not be worth it in any way.

Jack
13-04-2010, 01:00 PM
As the two are not linked then there is no question to answer. The only thing I’d need to consider with a Cup win would be the effect it would have on my liver!

Jim44
13-04-2010, 01:09 PM
For me the joy of winning the Cup is far outweighed by the misery of relegation. Personally I really couldn't care less about winning the Cup as long as we were consistently challenging for the top spots in each competition.

Oscar Lomax
13-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes for sure. Would take the monkey of our back. The year in the first division was a financial disaster for the club but the crowds came back, we had a good team and were winning matches. Thats what fans want to see.

Wilson
13-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I don't like this sort of question. If we are fielding the type of hibs team I want to see season after season then the threat of relegation shouldn't ever be an issue. We should always be top six pushing for third. We have the infrastructure, status as a club, financial solidity, and fanbase to allow for this. Our best chance of winning the cup would come from being a stable and constant fixture at the top end of the Scottish game - not from the one season in the sun one out dross we've been used to.

Woody1985
13-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't like this sort of question. If we are fielding the type of hibs team I want to see season after season then the threat of relegation shouldn't ever be an issue. We should always be top six pushing for third. We have the infrastructure, status as a club, financial solidity, and fanbase to allow for this. Our best chance of winning the cup would come from being a stable and constant fixture at the top end of the Scottish game - not from the one season in the sun one out dross we've been used to.

:top marks

But in the hypothetical situation proposed, my answer would be no.

seanraff07
13-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I would say yes.

.Sean.
13-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Not a chance.

Long suffering
13-04-2010, 07:19 PM
100% yes. Youve got to think long term. no -one remembers relegation in like 10 years time, winning the cup would be a massive massive thing

Removed
13-04-2010, 07:37 PM
100% yes. Youve got to think long term. no -one remembers relegation in like 10 years time, winning the cup would be a massive massive thing

Ask Partick Thistle or Raith Rovers supporters what they think of that statement :rolleyes:

Anyone who would take a cup win over relegation is bonkers imo

Saorsa
13-04-2010, 07:42 PM
100% yes. Youve got to think long term. no -one remembers relegation in like 10 years time, winning the cup would be a massive massive thingWhat about the financial implications, relegation would cost a small fortune, far more than a cup win would bring in. What would happen if we went down and didnae come straight back up, how much more would that cost? After all the time spent selling all our best players and getting the club on a sound financial footing, would one cup win be worth losing all that? and perhaps having tae go through it all again?

No thanks.

Ask Partick Thistle or Raith Rovers supporters what they think of that statement :rolleyes:

Anyone who would take a cup win over relegation is bonkers imo:agree:

iwasthere1972
13-04-2010, 07:46 PM
What guarantees would we have of getting back to the SPL quickly?

None........Exactly.

As far as I'm concerned that Scottish Cup is like the Loch Ness monster and doesn't really exists.

Relegation? No thanks.

heretoday
13-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I would take the Cup.

I actually quite enjoyed our season in the First. Hibs played with abandon and scored loads of goals. We came back stronger in the end.

It's quite a long time ago now of course. Whether it would be so much fun these days is debatable.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Absolutely no chance.

If we got relegated, winning the cup would not give me much consolation at all as the embarrassment of being relegated would just be so great.

I want to see Hibs lift the Scottish Cup one day, but I want us to always be in the SPL a lot more.

Long suffering
13-04-2010, 08:18 PM

Anyone who would take a cup win over relegation is bonkers imo

we are a bigger club than them though, with a far greater chance of getting promoted straight back up

but yes to desperate dans post, fair play i never really thought of the financial aspect of relegation

Long suffering
13-04-2010, 08:23 PM
perhaps its naive, but to get the hoodoo off our back id be willing to take the risk of finances and the length of time it would take to get back into the SPL to win the Scottish Cup.