PDA

View Full Version : Byrne's time has come!

monktonharp
12-04-2010, 10:46 PM
imho it is time to put young Kurtis Byrne in the starting line up. and what better place than Celtic Park? his auld man dreams of him playing there anyhoo,so stick him in there now Yogi, he's full of energy,has the hunger and we know he certainly has an eye for goal. I'd defenately have him at the expence of Nish or Stokes at the moment and even if we were to play with only one up front,he'd be my choice for the remaining games.

truehibernian
12-04-2010, 11:02 PM
The Celtic centre halves were woefully short on pace and hated players running at them at the weekend. Their full backs were also poor. This game would indeed suit pace and youth up front, with Byrne and Galbraith ideally suited. However since we have John Hughes in charge, and the glaringly obvious is not in his make-up, count on the Hibs attack being made up of Colin "Sloth" Nish, Anthony "I'm so wonewee, very wonewee" Stokes, and Derek "missing in action" Riordan. Darren O'Dea will look like Usain Bolt when up against those three "livewires" :faf:

monktonharp
12-04-2010, 11:18 PM
The Celtic centre halves were woefully short on pace and hated players running at them at the weekend. Their full backs were also poor. This game would indeed suit pace and youth up front, with Byrne and Galbraith ideally suited. However since we have John Hughes in charge, and the glaringly obvious is not in his make-up, count on the Hibs attack being made up of Colin "Sloth" Nish, Anthony "I'm so wonewee, very wonewee" Stokes, and Derek "missing in action" Riordan. Darren O'Dea will look like Usain Bolt when up against those three "livewires" :faf:excactly where my post is coming from:wink:

KWJ
13-04-2010, 04:58 AM
None of us know how he's been doing in training and a Albion fan told me he was not involved in any of the games he played for them. Only 2 or 3 though.

Would certainly like to see some new lads come through but we don't know if they are ready and to say they should start to the rest of the season is rather unusual.

I do also have great memories of Broonie and Deeks ripping up the bottom half under Blobby though.

I do agree that a bit of youthful exuberance could be a welcome addition to the side.

So Naw, but Aye :wink:

Baldy
13-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Kurtis is NOT good enough to be anywhere near our first team

why do people think he is?, yes he scored the vital goal that won us the U/19 league last year and the cup winning goal but he did very little else.

we used to have people demanding Damon Gray got a game, look where he is now.... and he was a much better player than Kurtis

bighairyfaeleith
13-04-2010, 06:00 AM

why do people think he is?, yes he scored the vital goal that won us the U/19 league last year and the cup winning goal but he did very little else.

we used to have people demanding Damon Gray got a game, look where he is now.... and he was a much better player than Kurtis

you forgot to say

FACT

therefore your post is meaningless :greengrin

Golden Bear
13-04-2010, 08:21 AM
The Celtic centre halves were woefully short on pace and hated players running at them at the weekend. Their full backs were also poor. This game would indeed suit pace and youth up front, with Byrne and Galbraith ideally suited. However since we have John Hughes in charge, and the glaringly obvious is not in his make-up, count on the Hibs attack being made up of Colin "Sloth" Nish, Anthony "I'm so wonewee, very wonewee" Stokes, and Derek "missing in action" Riordan. Darren O'Dea will look like Usain Bolt when up against those three "livewires" :faf:

:greengrin

Many a true word said in jest!

Andy74
13-04-2010, 08:24 AM

Yep, he got the goals in the 19s at the right time so that he got the publicity but didn't get that many over the season as I recall.

I sadi on another thread until he goes on loan and starts rattling in goals down the divisions then he shouldn't be in our first team.

He's 20 now and other recent youngsters had made their mark by then.

Toaods
13-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Better firing a gun that doesn't shoot straight than one that doesn't fire at all.

Franck is God
13-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I can't speak for the period he spent at Stirling Albion only the games I have seen him play live.

I was always impressed by his work rate, movement and his finishing. In the games I have seen him play, he has either been up top in a 4-4-2 or the right side of a front three and played both roles pretty well.

I think he has the talent to be a good striker and now it will come down to whether his attitude is right, the fact he hasn't been mouthing off about not getting a chance and is simply working hard in training and waiting for his opportunity suggests that its pretty good.

None of the strikers that have played recently have exactly covered themselves in glory and for all Byrne's lack of game time I can think of worse ideas than giving him a chance on Saturday.

A front three of Galbraith, Byrne & Wotherspoon would be an interesting proposition for the Sellick defence to think about!

Andy74
13-04-2010, 12:10 PM
A front three of Galbraith, Byrne & Wotherspoon would be an interesting proposition for the Sellick defence to think about!

They'd be delighted that you've just swapped players with 40 plus goals between them this season to players with 2 or 3.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-04-2010, 12:11 PM
The Celtic centre halves were woefully short on pace and hated players running at them at the weekend. Their full backs were also poor. This game would indeed suit pace and youth up front, with Byrne and Galbraith ideally suited. However since we have John Hughes in charge, and the glaringly obvious is not in his make-up, count on the Hibs attack being made up of Colin "Sloth" Nish, Anthony "I'm so wonewee, very wonewee" Stokes, and Derek "missing in action" Riordan. Darren O'Dea will look like Usain Bolt when up against those three "livewires" :faf:I think you're being a bit harsh on the sloths! :bitchy:

monktonharp
13-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Better firing a gun that doesn't shoot straight than one that doesn't fire at all.you cant fire a gun that aint loaded. gie the laddie a chance ,ro see what he can do. others are dire at this moment,and some look as if they just want there holidays.

oconnors_strip
13-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Yep, he got the goals in the 19s at the right time so that he got the publicity but didn't get that many over the season as I recall.

I sadi on another thread until he goes on loan and starts rattling in goals down the divisions then he shouldn't be in our first team.

He's 20 now and other recent youngsters had made their mark by then.

kurtis scored 18 goals last season, so if thats not many then what is?

Hibercelona
13-04-2010, 09:19 PM
He maybe won't be brilliant.

But compared to Nish...... what do we have to lose?

DH1875
13-04-2010, 10:12 PM
They'd be delighted that you've just swapped players with 40 plus goals between them this season to players with 2 or 3.

:agree::agree::agree:. Totally agree. Don't forget peoples we still fighting for fourth place.

monktonharp
13-04-2010, 10:36 PM
:agree::agree::agree:. Totally agree. Don't forget peoples we still fighting for fourth place.yeah,but goals win prizes so let's try and grt some for a wee change. watching that Celtic defence tonight,and we had someone with hunger and pace against their huddies at the back,you might be surprised.

vahibbie
13-04-2010, 10:55 PM
imho it is time to put young Kurtis Byrne in the starting line up. and what better place than Celtic Park? his auld man dreams of him playing there anyhoo,so stick him in there now Yogi, he's full of energy,has the hunger and we know he certainly has an eye for goal. I'd defenately have him at the expence of Nish or Stokes at the moment and even if we were to play with only one up front,he'd be my choice for the remaining games.

100% agree:agree:
Stick Galbraith on as well....we know he can score there:greengrin
Even tho we are really p!sh at the moment a few changes and some hunger in the team and we could do some serious damage to an even p!sher Celtic team.