PDA

View Full Version : Thanks FRANK

Stantons Angel
12-04-2010, 09:51 PM
It has been brought to my attention that Frank Dougan has stood down as Treasurer of the Hibs Supporters Club at Sundays farce of an AGM with no thanks for the dedication and hard work he has put into the club for many years.

Frank is a big man with a big presence within the Hibernian family and has been the brunt of many a joke at his expense. This has always been taken with a wee bit banter and the occasional scowl from him.

Ive been a member of the association for some 40yrs and Frank has always played a focal part in the running of the club in that time. Other committee members have come and gone some giving something to the membership others nothing. I have never seen or felt such hostility within the membership as i have this year. For him to leave with no acknowledgement of his services is disrespectful to him and to the membership he represented.

So on behalf of the membership who knew you well Frank i would like to thank you for being the Hibby you are and for the tireless work you have done on behalf of many,making sure our club survived many a financial crisis.

Id also like to pass on my best wishes to another two long standing committee members Bill and Alan and thank them for their work and integrity.

In closing. id like to add that the club has lost good people with integrity and respect gained over many years. Recent events have made a mockery of democracy and the right to freedom of choice. It makes me sad that this has happened and i just felt that i would like to acknowledge respect for Frank as any good Hibby should!!

All the best and thanks FRANK!:bitchy:

Jonnyboy
12-04-2010, 09:52 PM
It has been brought to my attention that Frank Dougan has stood down as Treasurer of the Hibs Supporters Club at Sundays farce of an AGM with no thanks for the dedication and hard work he has put into the club for many years.

Frank is a big man with a big presence within the Hibernian family and has been the brunt of many a joke at his expense. This has always been taken with a wee bit banter and the occasional scowl from him.

Ive been a member of the association for some 40yrs and Frank has always played a focal part in the running of the club in that time. Other committee members have come and gone some giving something to the membership others nothing. I have never seen or felt such hostility within the membership as i have this year. For him to leave with no acknowledgement of his services is disrespectful to him and to the membership he represented.

So on behalf of the membership who knew you well Frank i would like to thank you for being the Hibby you are and for the tireless work you have done on behalf of many,making sure our club survived many a financial crisis.

Id also like to pass on my best wishes to another two long standing committee members Bill and Alan and thank them for their work and integrity.

In closing. id like to add that the club has lost good people with integrity and respect gained over many years. Recent events have made a mockery of democracy and the right to freedom of choice. It makes me sad that this has happened and i just felt that i would like to acknowledge respect for Frank as any good Hibby should!!

Cannae argue with that :agree:

oldbutdim
12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
There's probably something going on behind the scenes.
But I'm not going to post about that.
Others may.

But not I.
:cool2:

fatbloke
12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
totally agree 100%.

Dj'd at a sort of retiral do for Mr Dougan at ER a few years ago now. Cracking night IIRC.

Frank Dougan, gentleman and scholar but more importantly all round good guy and 100% hibby.

Gerard
12-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Agree with all that has been posted re Big Frank
G

RIP
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Frank's always lets on tae me

Out of interest though mate - what's the difference between the association and the club i.e. what, other than running the club, does the association achieve?

No axe to grind, genuinely interested

monktonharp
12-04-2010, 10:25 PM

All the best and thanks FRANK!:bitchy: well said. anyone thats ever been in the clubrooms,"knows" big Frank.although I dont know him personally,and have found him as a grumpy aul bassa at times,he has my respect,and i'm sure the respect of many who've used the club over the years. a great Hibby too.

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-04-2010, 10:33 PM
well said. anyone thats ever been in the clubrooms,"knows" big Frank.although I dont know him personally,and have found him as a grumpy aul bassa at times,he has my respect,and i'm sure the respect of many who've used the club over the years. a great Hibby too.

Monkton, who's the lassie in your photo?

monktonharp
12-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Monkton, who's the lassie in your photo?your not the first to ask that. why? are you trying to get personal?:I'm waiti

PatHead
12-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Never met the man, (Frank) never been in the club for umpteen years, but have heard about the legend that is "Frank Dougan" and know from doing community events that these things always take more time than you can imagine. Glad Hibs haven't had to pay Frank by the hour or we would be in more debt than Hertz!

I genuininely hope you get your reward Frank and others that have worked for the cause.

GGTTH

Ray_
13-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Too true, being an exile, I first met Frank during the England v Scotland weekends in the 70's, he worked with an old school mate of mine and that's how we met. I then saw him many times after that at hibs games all over the place, including the two recent visits to Dublin.

One occasion I met Frank was pure classic; it was the time of the Millwall game. My girlfriend’s daughter had been seriously injured after being hit by a car on a zebra crossing and was in the London hospital, Whitechapel.

Preoccupied with that I was unaware of the invasion coming from Edinburgh for the match. I left the hospital that Friday evening and travelled the couple of stops to Millwall from Whitechapel tube & I got in to the ground close to the game starting, only to be amazed at the numbers of Hibs fans.

Once in "The Den", I met up with Frank soon afterwards and I commented about the size of the support, he said “aye, there’s a lot of casuals come down” as soon as he said that a large number of the Hibs fans started climbing the fences to get at the Millwall lot & it all kicked off from there.

Frank has always been a true gent & such a massive Hibby, I would always cringe when I saw him getting stick on any of the message boards, mainly after he had been quoted in the press.

NB The little girl spent three months in hospital, but fully recovered, the girlfriend became an ex a couple of years later.

Kaiser_Sauzee
13-04-2010, 08:17 AM
your not the first to ask that. why? are you trying to get personal?:I'm waiti

You could always just lie to me? :agree:

richard_pitts
13-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Campaign for Frank Dougan OBE for services to football and the community anyone?:wink:

Absolutely great man and deserving of every accolade that comes his way. Thanks Frank :agree:

Last Minute
13-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Frank will be back:wink: well we're working on it:wink: :notworthy:

Toaods
13-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Im not a member of the club as its not my scene although I have many friends who have been involved for 40 years + . I don't know the politics of what is going on behind the scenes other than reading some of the recent posts in which it was suggested FTP was thinking of standing down. Times change but that was surprising though as he is without doubt dedicated to the cause. It would be sad indeed if these resignations are the result of some underhand election tactics. Chin up Frank... Don't let the buggers get you down...!!

CMac1988
13-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Don't really know Big Frank personally, but through my dad. Having said that though, he always comes accross as a right class act when it comes to his dealings as a treasurer, and I wish him all the best.

:thumbsup:

PatHead
13-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Hoe he gets a place on the stage at this 20 years event in the Usher Hall

Forza Fred
13-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I am surprised to hear of Frank's resignation, and no doubt there is something going on that has yet to be posted on this board in regard to it.

I have known Frank for..Gawd...dunno how long, but let's just say we were at the 7-0 game together and we all ended up in Frank's house in Colinton after that game celebrating.

When myself, my wife and my then 10 year old son came back for a 6 week holiday in 1994 Frank vacated his then flat in Drum Terrace and moved into a hotel so we could be comfortable for the entirety of our visit.

I've got so many stories about Frank...all nice ones I might add, but I also know how much he was dedicated to the Hibs and it will be interesting to hear the full story behind what has happened.

We've lost a few characters I knew from the Hibsclub permanently this year so far, hopefully Frank's absence though will only be of the temporary variety.

Whatever may be going on behind the scenes, hopefully it can be fixed, and Frank's good natured gruff welcome will be back in the hibsclub.

Wembley67
13-04-2010, 11:12 AM
RIP Frank....always had time to talk to us youngers ones about the good old days :boo hoo:

Oh aye he's no deid :greengrin

archiebald
13-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Was there a back stabber on board ?

maudette
13-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I have known frank for over 40years & know about ALL the unpaid work he has done for the football club & the supporters club, I am truly sorry that he felt he had to step down. Hopefully, for the good of the club & it's members, he hasn't done this due to behind the scene pressures OR politics.
Although he stands tall he is only human & through his actions recently he has managed to maintain his dignity & integrity. Which is more than can be said for SOME!

God bless you Frank.:bitchy:

archiebald
13-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Great guy has held club together for years.just kept his head down and got on with it.:notworthy:

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't know Frank, I don't know anything about him. Why did he feel the need to step down, did he give reasons?

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Enjoy your new found spare time bigman......:wink:

Boris
13-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Enjoy your new found spare time bigman......:wink:

He's using spare time to go in for a marathon...................and a mars bar, and a yorkie and a bounty and a galaxy and a cadburys cream egg and...................................:thumbsup:

Eaststand
13-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I have known frank for over 40years & know about ALL the unpaid work he has done for the football club & the supporters club, I am truly sorry that he felt he had to step down. Hopefully, for the good of the club & it's members, he hasn't done this due to behind the scene pressures OR politics.
Although he stands tall he is only human & through his actions recently he has managed to maintain his dignity & integrity. Which is more than can be said for SOME!

God bless you Frank.:bitchy:

Yep, the big fella is one of the hardcore supporters that lives and breathes hibs and he's done stacks for the fitba club and also the supporters club over the years too. He's a grumpy big sod at times, but he has a heart of gold as you well know maudette.

Keep your chin up Frank, and don't let the bast - ards wear you down

GGTTH

judas
13-04-2010, 07:19 PM

Is he the big fat guy whos views are always quoted by the media as being representative of Hibs fans views and yet rarely reflect my own let alone those of my closest Hibbie mates?

That said, I'm not denying that in his way, he is a big supporter.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh aye he's no deid :greengrin

:agree:
I was beginning to wonder, going by the tone of some of the posts!

invisible man
13-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I've worked as Frank's assistant (and we all know assistant's do all the work eh Frank? :wink:) for the last 12 years or so and have got to know the big chap rather well. I'd just like to say it has been an honour and a privelage working with Frank. The members have no idea how much work he has put in behind the scenes to improve the facilities on offer.

I remember the first thing he did as treasurer was to claim a grant from the council for putting in the disabled toilets and spending the money on a big screen for the bar, and that was only the start.

Over the years since he became treasurer almost every area of the club has been upgraded at a cost of around £250,000 and he has been the driving force behind it all, from negotiating higher discounts with the brewery so we could afford it, to arranging quotes for the work to be done to meeting the workmen on site to organise the jobs, it was Frank who was there.

I salute you Frank and if I can do the job half as well as you did I'll be happy.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I've worked as Frank's assistant (and we all know assistant's do all the work eh Frank? :wink:) for the last 12 years or so and have got to know the big chap rather well. I'd just like to say it has been an honour and a privelage working with Frank. The members have no idea how much work he has put in behind the scenes to improve the facilities on offer.

I remember the first thing he did as treasurer was to claim a grant from the council for putting in the disabled toilets and spending the money on a big screen for the bar, and that was only the start.

Over the years since he became treasurer almost every area of the club has been upgraded at a cost of around £250,000 and he has been the driving force behind it all, from negotiating higher discounts with the brewery so we could afford it, to arranging quotes for the work to be done to meeting the workmen on site to organise the jobs, it was Frank who was there.

I salute you Frank and if I can do the job half as well as you did I'll be happy.

Let's hope nobody from the council is reading this then :wink:

invisible man
13-04-2010, 08:45 PM

It was a long time ago:greengrin

hibee_nation
13-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Did he get it off a yam on kickback on the cheap. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Can they read?

Jonnyboy
13-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Can they read?

They employ consultants to do it for them :wink:

Toaods
13-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Chin up Frank... Don't let the buggers get you down...!!

Keep your chin up Frank, and don't let the bast - ards wear you down

GGTTH

... is that an electronic echo, or are you inferring the big man has more than one chin...:faf:

Is he the big fat guy whos views are always quoted by the media as being representative of Hibs fans views and yet rarely reflect my own let alone those of my closest Hibbie mates?

...how do we know? suppose you must be a wee skinny guy that's never quoted by the media but wish you were...:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
14-04-2010, 12:00 AM

:faf:

PeeKay
14-04-2010, 07:27 AM

Whether or not you agree with what he is saying, Frank is at least articulate when he is interviewed and is never an embarrassment to Hibs.

H18sry
14-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Whether or not you agree with what he is saying, Frank is at least articulate when he is interviewed and is never an embarrassment to Hibs.

Unlike the manager you mean :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 09:02 AM

He was in Athens, when he tried to steal all the free programmes.

Toaods
14-04-2010, 09:15 AM

how do you steal something that is free?

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 09:25 AM
how do you steal something that is free?

When the lad dropped the programmes off on the seats, i made my way towards them, Frank was there first. When i went to take one of those free programmes, Frank then tells me to **** off, am huvin them. Its all been done before, and verified on here. My one and only dealing with the man. Never spoke to him before or after. Just sick of all this praise for a man who never knew me from adam, yet tells me to **** off. :bitchy:

Sudds_1
14-04-2010, 09:31 AM
When the lad dropped the programmes off on the seats, i made my way towards them, Frank was there first. When i went to take one of those free programmes, Frank then tells me to **** off, am huvin them. Its all been done before, and verified on here. My one and only dealing with the man. Never spoke to him before or after. Just sick of all this praise for a man who never knew me from adam, yet tells me to **** off. :bitchy:

aye, thats Frank, perceptive as well as committed Hibby. :greengrin

Big Frank
14-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Im Big Frank, but no' Big Frank, if yez ken whit ah mean.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 09:33 AM
aye, thats Frank, perceptive as well as committed Hibby. :greengrin

I'm sure the guy has done an awful lot for the supporters club over the years. Although to say he did not impress me in my one and only encounter with him is an understatement.

Toaods
14-04-2010, 09:41 AM

that's pretty poor and greedy, selfish whatever I'd agree although who's to say you weren't going to lift the lot of them? Let's not go there.

I used to take such pride and joy in my programme collection(s) but wouldn't bother my backside about them now or in the future as mobile phones, camcorders, etc are better ways of retaining memories of such trips and new friends you cross paths with.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 09:49 AM
that's pretty poor and greedy, selfish whatever I'd agree although who's to say you weren't going to lift the lot of them? Let's not go there.

I used to take such pride and joy in my programme collection(s) but wouldn't bother my backside about them now or in the future as mobile phones, camcorders, etc are better ways of retaining memories of such trips and new friends you cross paths with.

Me, i'm saying that.:confused: All i wanted was one, a souvenir from the game, god knows what it had cost for both of us to travel twice, yet here was a man telling me i couldn't have a free programme of the game. Who the **** was he to tell me to **** off? Not the actions of the man that's supposed to be our unofficial spokesman, or was at that time.:bitchy:

3pm
14-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Me, i'm saying that.:confused: All i wanted was one, a souvenir from the game, god knows what it had cost for both of us to travel twice, yet here was a man telling me i couldn't have a free programme of the game. Who the **** was he to tell me to **** off? Not the actions of the man that's supposed to be our unofficial spokesman, or was at that time.:bitchy:

He might have been nice to you next time? That would have been good progress!

Sudds_1
14-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm sure the guy has done an awful lot for the supporters club over the years. Although to say he did not impress me in my one and only encounter with him is an understatement.

ach BH, Frank is a grumpy bassa........I'm sure you've come across many like him in and around clubs etc. Must be something about holding office. But his heart is in the right place...just takes a bit of finding sometimes....

First impressions though eh? I wouldn't read too much into the gruff insults. It's possible to be a grumpy bassa but still be a worthwhile individual :wink::greengrin

Stantons Angel
14-04-2010, 10:08 AM
It is unfortunate that the previous poster's only encounter with Frank left the feelings it has. But he is free to voice his perceptions. However as he says himself the subject brought up again only serves duplicating all that was said before.
I was at that game and am sure i have a programme and club badge somewhere that may help ease the pain?

This thread was started to bring to light the disrespect shown to Frank as a long standing council member of the supporters association, PLEASE dont let it get waylaid onto other things.

Thank you for the comments nice and not so nice.

thats life!

ggth:bye:

Frazerbob
14-04-2010, 10:16 AM

Beat me to it BH.

I was stood right behind "Mr Hibs" that night in Athens. He had a huge bundle of the programs and wouldn't let anyone round about who had missed out have one. Every one of those fans had paid a small fortune, probably for the 2nd time, to get that game and deserved their wee souvenir. What a coincidence to find rather a lot of these programes for sale in the wee shop on Albion Road a few days later.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2010, 10:25 AM
It is unfortunate that the previous poster's only encounter with Frank left the feelings it has. But he is free to voice his perceptions. However as he says himself the subject brought up again only serves duplicating all that was said before.
I was at that game and am sure i have a programme and club badge somewhere that may help ease the pain?

This thread was started to bring to light the disrespect shown to Frank as a long standing council member of the supporters association, PLEASE dont let it get waylaid onto other things.

Thank you for the comments nice and not so nice.

thats life!

ggth:bye:
There is no pain, just someone who has a different view on the man. As you say, thats life.:bye:

sambajustice
14-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Just to add to this thread...

First of all i'm not really into all this jolly old back slapping good show stuff but big Frank is always friendly when you see him, think he say hello to everyone!

Anyway, the main reason i'm posting is really to a have a little moan about the HSC and back up a few previous posts but not not receiving communication from them. The communication is pretty honking and i've never had letters through my door highlighting, membership renewals, prices, agm's or anything like that.

We have a very small branch of only about 8 folk, we're basically just mates and have no intention of running big buses etc but thought it would be good to have memberships for the HSC for beers before games etc. I also run my Table Football thing down there and its a perfect venue for us.

Currently our memberships are about a month out of date but we have no idea how to go about renewing, how much they are or who to pay!

It doesnt have to be any major communication, i'm not expecting a weekly news letter with match reports, maybe just 1 letter a year to the Branch Chairman/Secretary saying "subs are due now, it costs £x, renew by this date..." Then finished off with "you and your branch are invited to the AGM on..., any queries call X on XXX number"

People walk about with their eyes shut and dont notice posters etc sometimes and also some folk dont frequent the club a lot so only advertising things just in the club wont reach everyone it needs to.

Anyway, thats just my tuppenceworth on the situation.

Toaods
14-04-2010, 01:21 PM

I'd hope the club can take note of points like these though and implement better communication in future.

I've not been a member for 30 years or so and I still look at the notice boards when I'm in.....usualy to see who is still travelling, etc...call me nosey. :greengrin

invisible man
14-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Just to add to this thread...

First of all i'm not really into all this jolly old back slapping good show stuff but big Frank is always friendly when you see him, think he say hello to everyone!

Anyway, the main reason i'm posting is really to a have a little moan about the HSC and back up a few previous posts but not not receiving communication from them. The communication is pretty honking and i've never had letters through my door highlighting, membership renewals, prices, agm's or anything like that.

We have a very small branch of only about 8 folk, we're basically just mates and have no intention of running big buses etc but thought it would be good to have memberships for the HSC for beers before games etc. I also run my Table Football thing down there and its a perfect venue for us.

Currently our memberships are about a month out of date but we have no idea how to go about renewing, how much they are or who to pay!

It doesnt have to be any major communication, i'm not expecting a weekly news letter with match reports, maybe just 1 letter a year to the Branch Chairman/Secretary saying "subs are due now, it costs £x, renew by this date..." Then finished off with "you and your branch are invited to the AGM on..., any queries call X on XXX number"

People walk about with their eyes shut and dont notice posters etc sometimes and also some folk dont frequent the club a lot so only advertising things just in the club wont reach everyone it needs to.

We have taken on board the criticism on this and other threads regarding a lack of communication and this will be addressed over the coming months. We are currently building a database of email addresses from new member applications, if any existing members want any communication from the club in this way they should visit our web site at http://www.hibsclub.co.uk and register their email address.

We don't send out letters to all our members simply because it would cost around £700 a mailshot and would be very time consuming.

When new branches are formed and affiliate with HSA they are informed that re-affiliation is due the following January and annually thereafter. Notices are posted around the club from mid December informing members that monies are now due and we give till around mid March for this to be paid by the branch secretaries. We would hope that members would visit the club at least once in this time and if they have any interest in the goings on in the club that they would open their eyes and read the bloody notices!

As for not knowing when or who to pay, when you're in the club, ask someone!!

Sorry if that comes over as a bit nippy but what most people seem to forget is that the committee are volunteers and give up hours of their time every week to keep the club going and as I've said on another thread it's a fairly big business and with new legislation for this that and the next thing seemingly coming out every week it's very hard going.

sambajustice
14-04-2010, 02:22 PM
We have taken on board the criticism on this and other threads regarding a lack of communication and this will be addressed over the coming months. We are currently building a database of email addresses from new member applications, if any existing members want any communication from the club in this way they should visit our web site at http://www.hibsclub.co.uk and register their email address.

We don't send out letters to all our members simply because it would cost around £700 a mailshot and would be very time consuming.

When new branches are formed and affiliate with HSA they are informed that re-affiliation is due the following January and annually thereafter. Notices are posted around the club from mid December informing members that monies are now due and we give till around mid March for this to be paid by the branch secretaries. We would hope that members would visit the club at least once in this time and if they have any interest in the goings on in the club that they would open their eyes and read the bloody notices!

As for not knowing when or who to pay, when you're in the club, ask someone!!

Sorry if that comes over as a bit nippy but what most people seem to forget is that the committee are volunteers and give up hours of their time every week to keep the club going and as I've said on another thread it's a fairly big business and with new legislation for this that and the next thing seemingly coming out every week it's very hard going.

Thanks for the reply!

I wasnt meaning a mailshot to every member, just the heads of the branches then it gets filtered down from there.

I know what you mean about running something when you're just a volunteer and it seems like you're not getting any thanks for it. I've run things before, although not anything quite as big as the HSC, and it is tough going so I can understand. I think that everyone will agree though that they would rather have a HSC than not have one and eventhough most dont say it, they will be gratetful for there being an HSC.

Most folk have been nothing but helpful in the HSC so i'm not coming on here just to have a pop at the club for no reason. Just stating a couple of things that I and maybe a few others have found! And I have asked, but the person I need to hand over money to has never been in or if they have never been pointed out to me or approached me.

Anyway, next time we're down we'll come armed to the teeth with funds for renewals (eventhough they are late, I hope its ok) and also a couple of applications and funds for a few new members! We'll put them in a big ****** off sized envelope and leave it behind the bar. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!!

invisible man
14-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I wasnt meaning a mailshot to every member, just the heads of the branches then it gets filtered down from there.

I know what you mean about running something when you're just a volunteer and it seems like you're not getting any thanks for it. I've run things before, although not anything quite as big as the HSC, and it is tough going so I can understand. I think that everyone will agree though that they would rather have a HSC than not have one and eventhough most dont say it, they will be gratetful for there being an HSC.

Most folk have been nothing but helpful in the HSC so i'm not coming on here just to have a pop at the club for no reason. Just stating a couple of things that I and maybe a few others have found! And I have asked, but the person I need to hand over money to has never been in or if they have never been pointed out to me or approached me.

Anyway, next time we're down we'll come armed to the teeth with funds for renewals (eventhough they are late, I hope its ok) and also a couple of applications and funds for a few new members! We'll put them in a big ****** off sized envelope and leave it behind the bar. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!!

If you can give the envelope to Jane or Walter behind the bar for the attention of Colin Rich(me) and I'll get it sorted out within the next couple of weeks.

Boris
14-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Keep up the good work!!

Am I right in saying this refers to the Hot Club D'ecosse Branch? There was a new membership went through for one of your lads at the last Council Meeting (last Thursday in March). When it was handed in (3 to 4 weeks ago) I had a word with the lad who brought it in (your secretary?) & I did point out there had been no response from the branch to the renewal list sent out. He said a few members were due to be in the Club the following Monday night (think it was in lead up to a tournament?) & we arranged that I would leave a duplicate renewal list behind the bar to be uplifted on the Monday with a view to re-affiliating. As I recall it there were indeed something like 7 or 8 names. I never heard anything more by the 31 March deadline.

I see from other posts that Colin Rich has already responded & I'm sure he'll get it all sorted out for you now. I just wanted to let you know that you hadn't been forgotten in the original process - can only assume the fresh list wasn't picked up or if it was it wasn't actioned?

I can remember when I was preparing the lists etc in late December I queried who the Hot Club De'Cosse Branch were. I thought the name suggested we had a branch in a lap dancing bar (aye I know - shows how my mind works!) so my bubble was burst when it turned out to lads that played subbutteo!:greengrin