PDA

View Full Version : Yams UEFA Club Licence?

Sergey
12-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I've just been reading the sorry tale of woe that is Portsmouth FC and I've stumbled upon this:

The club would ordinarily have qualified for the Europa League after reaching the FA Cup final. But the club were not in a position to file their accounts - a criterion for a Uefa club licence

It then goes on to say:

And in the club's current circumstances, any appeal appears unlikely to succeed as Uefa's criteria state that a licence may be refused if the applicant has not met the deadline for lodging audited financial statements, or if the accounts show payables overdue from transfer activities or towards employees.
The club have also missed the 1 March deadline to file accounts with the FA by some distance.

Now given that we're now into the 2nd week of April, we still haven't heard a squeak about the Yams 08/09 financial plight. Surely the same rules must apply in Scotland as in England.

Could the Yams push for Europe be scuppered for the non-filing of their annual accounts?

I'd pish myself if this was indeed the case!

Barney McGrew
12-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Got spot Serge :greengrin

Big Frank
12-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Some honest individual needs to bring this to the attention of UEFA:devil:

no, really.

murray26
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Send them a e-mail, i'm sure that excuse for a main stand must be a risk to health and safety also.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Send them a e-mail, i'm sure that excuse for a main stand must be a risk to health and safety also.

They use Asbestos in that stand which isn't supposed to be in any UK grounds anymore.

grunt
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Well do we know when Pompey's year end is? I expect that the deadline may be dependent on when a club's year end is...?

Mibbes Aye
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I've just been reading the sorry tale of woe that is Portsmouth FC and I've stumbled upon this:

It then goes on to say:

Now given that we're now into the 2nd week of April, we still haven't heard a squeak about the Yams 08/09 financial plight. Surely the same rules must apply in Scotland as in England.

Could the Yams push for Europe be scuppered for the non-filing of their annual accounts?

:agree: Spot on Sergey

The SFA National Club Licensing Manual sets the criteria for financial compliance. It says that SPL clubs have to have their 08/09 accounts in by March 31st, 2010.

I'm sure the Homfc accounts were in the post as well :rolleyes:.

Looks like the Royal Mail may have joined the list of the worldwide conspirators against yammishness.

Yet again Homfc disrespect the laws and regulations that serve to ensure a fair standard for all. Shameful behaviour from "Edinburgh's disgrace" once more.

greenginger
12-04-2010, 09:15 PM

It then goes on to say:

Last year the 2008 accounts were not released until 28th April and they got into Europe, at least for one round. Have the rules been changed ?

matty_f
12-04-2010, 09:16 PM
:agree: Spot on Sergey

The SFA National Club Licensing Manual sets the criteria for financial compliance. It says that SPL clubs have to have their 08/09 accounts in by March 31st, 2010.

I'm sure the Homfc accounts were in the post as well :rolleyes:.

Looks like the Royal Mail may have joined the list of the worldwide conspirators against yammishness.

Yet again Homfc disrespect the laws and regulations that serve to ensure a fair standard for all. Shameful behaviour from "Edinburgh's disgrace" once more.

Good. How amusing would it be if they got the Europa spot but weren't allowed to enter, so it went to us instead :faf:

Saying that, I'd rather they weren't in that position (i.e. above us) in the first place. That's funnier.:agree:

Crazyhorse
12-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Last year the 2008 accounts were not released untilI 28th April and they got into Europe, at least for one round. Have the rules been changed ?

I too would be interested to know why this didn't apply to them last year.

Kaiser1962
13-04-2010, 06:42 AM
I too would be interested to know why this didn't apply to them last year.

THIS

How do we find out?

Crazyhorse
13-04-2010, 07:44 AM
THIS

How do we find out?

Yes. How they were allowed to compete in the Europa league without complying with the rules.

Hibby Kay-Yay
13-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
And in the club's current circumstances, any appeal appears unlikely to succeed as Uefa's criteria state that a licence may be refused if the applicant has not met the deadline for lodging audited financial statements, or if the accounts show payables overdue from transfer activities or towards employees.
The club have also missed the 1 March deadline to file accounts with the FA by some distance.

so not definate then...

mowgli
13-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Depends when the financial year runs, every business is different !

Barney McGrew
13-04-2010, 05:44 PM

IIRC, you're financial year is the same as HIbs one and ended on 31st July 2009.

Still, I'm sure that waiting eight months plus to post accounts is how all big clubs operate.

ginger_rice
13-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Well your club certainly is :wink:

ginger_rice
13-04-2010, 07:41 PM
They use Asbestos in that stand which isn't supposed to be in any UK grounds anymore.

That can't be true

Surely that stand was built before Asbestos was discovered. :greengrin

Jack
13-04-2010, 08:51 PM
There's an article on the BBC about Pompey regarding the same thing. I'm here on my phone maybe someone could post a link.

grunt
13-04-2010, 09:36 PM
It doesn't say much...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm)

WindyMiller
14-04-2010, 12:20 AM
It doesn't say much...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm)

It says that their problem is that they are in administration.

ekhibee
14-04-2010, 12:53 AM
It would still be interesting to know how Hearts are able to get away with it, and if there are sufficient procedures in place to prevent them from entering the Europa Cup if they are clearly breaking the rules. I really can't see how Portsmouth should be prevented from taking part and Hearts are, if yet again they haven't published their accounts on time as they know full well that they should.

Rory89
14-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Someone is a tad obsessed with Hearts I see.

weecounty hibby
14-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Worryingly for me a while ago we were thinking about us being certs and the Jambos being nowhere near europe, now we are desperate for them not to be granted a license to play in europe, just in case. Lets just forget about them and their little circus act and concentrate on us getting the required league position.

Mixer O
14-04-2010, 07:46 PM

Scary thread.

Really creepy.

Hank Schrader
14-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Really creepy.

A bit like yer fandan of an owner then eh?

Judas Iscariot
14-04-2010, 08:20 PM

More than you :cool2:

Sergey
14-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Scary thread.

Really creepy.

Spit it out, bud. C'mon, dig really, really deep and get it off your chest.

Your club HAVEN'T SUBMITTED THEIR ACCOUNTS.

That's not creepy....it's a tad worrying for you lot....what with the stand announcement imminent.

Rory89
14-04-2010, 08:31 PM
More than you :cool2:

Is that the internet version of "I know you are but what am I"?

Mixer O
14-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Spit it out, bud. C'mon, dig really, really deep and get it off your chest.

Your club HAVEN'T SUBMITTED THEIR ACCOUNTS.

That's not creepy....it's a tad worrying for you lot....what with the stand announcement imminent.

Nice avatar you've given me! :thumbsup:

You seem far more concerned about HMFC's accounts than me.
I can honestly say I never give it much thought. The accounts will be out this month, I would think.

Hank Schrader
14-04-2010, 09:20 PM
The accounts will be out this month, I would think.

They better be, otherwise the Companies House fine Hearts are already liable to doubles to around £3,750.

Never mind, your team are pretty flush at the moment...

Neale
14-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Can someone link to the hibs accounts that were published for this deadline? Interested to see them.

Caversham Green
15-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Can someone link to the hibs accounts that were published for this deadline? Interested to see them.

Signed off more than seven months ago.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/84c2924686277dca39dbbb2b0a0b6516/compdetails (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/84c2924686277dca39dbbb2b0a0b6516/compdetails)

Compare them with your own club's accounts for the same period.

Oh wait.....you can't.

Mikey
15-04-2010, 07:49 AM

2009 Accounts (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=162663)

2009 AGM Report (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=163250)

Nowt to hide here :wink: