PDA

View Full Version : Is Smith back in goals when Bamba is suspended?!

3pm
12-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Must be. No need for Stack to tell Bamba what to do so I will assume Smith will be back in goals?

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Must be. No need for Stack to tell Bamba what to do so I will assume Smith will be back in goals?

Stack actually made quite a few good saves on Saturday so i think he should start against Celtic, i would like to see Smith play though.

Hibby_Paul
12-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Aye true, it was a poor reason from Hughes to drop smith, now your right smith should be back in - however if he has a few blinders he would of course need to make way for stack again when bamba returns!!

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Aye true, it was a poor reason from Hughes to drop smith, now your right smith should be back in - however if he has a few blinders he would of course need to make way for stack again when bamba returns!!

To be honest it's a joke that Smith was dropped in the first place just to suit Bamba.

Andy74
12-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Any chance we've got a bit carried away with Hughes quote on this one? I'd be astonished if that was the real and only reason Stack was brought back in!

Some of you need to spend less time analysing the crap that managers have to come out with in public!

GreenPJ
12-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Any chance we've got a bit carried away with Hughes quote on this one? I'd be astonished if that was the real and only reason Stack was brought back in!

Some of you need to spend less time analysing the crap that managers have to come out with in public!

Alternatively Managers should stop coming out with so much crap

Frazerbob
12-04-2010, 03:12 PM
To be honest it's a joke that Smith was dropped in the first place just to suit Bamba.

It's even worse that Yogi publicly stated that as the reason.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 03:50 PM
It's even worse that Yogi publicly stated that as the reason.

Ken, he would at least try and keep quiet about it.

Hibby_Paul
12-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Agree a lot of us probably over analyse his comments and I was being tongue in cheek above with my reply!

In this case though it was the only comment I ever seen as to why Smith was dropped after making no mistakes and doing rather well in his first few games. Really felt for Smith after that one.

JimBHibees
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Is this the same Smith that fumbled us out of the Cup? Dont see the great need for him to come back in.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Is this the same Smith that fumbled us out of the Cup? Dont see the great need for him to come back in.

One mistake, that all the attention was put on as usual just because of our past keeper problems. If it was Boruc or Mcgregor their would be no mention of it.

Dunbar Hibee
12-04-2010, 11:55 PM
One mistake, that all the attention was put on as usual just because of our past keeper problems. If it was Boruc or Mcgregor their would be no mention of it.

Stack has made 1 mistake as well.

seanraff07
13-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Exactly my point, it isn't just Smith that has made a mistake and i rate him higher than Stack.

JimBHibees
13-04-2010, 04:54 PM

Pretty big mistake though not saying he is a bad keeper. So if Boruc or McGregor made a similar mistake knocking their team out of the cup in the last minute there would be no mention of it, think that is wrong and that it would be mentioned for ages.

emmjayfox
13-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Pretty big mistake though not saying he is a bad keeper. So if Boruc or McGregor made a similar mistake knocking their team out of the cup in the last minute there would be no mention of it, think that is wrong and that it would be mentioned for ages.

Anyone else noticed Stacks stopped shouting at the players these days.

Jim44
14-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Very slightly off topic but still relevant to the thread topic, it's at this time of the season when we need our best players and it's infuriating to think back on silly, unnecessary bookings for ball throwing, OTT goal celebrations etc. which could cost vital points in the run-in to the end of the season.

seanraff07
14-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Boruc tends to **** up quite regularly with cross balls etc by spilling it but normally it doesn't result in a goal for the other team as the ref will usually award him a free-kick so their isn't much said about it. I think McGregor is highly over rated and isn't that good. But they will always try and put more attention on a keeper's mistake playing for Hibs rather than a keeper playing for any other team. Bringing up our past keeper problems just increases the pressure on the keepers we currently have, which i think is why we continue to have they problems occassionally.

zlatan
14-04-2010, 02:15 PM

I was at Dingwall and he had to deal with a massive amount of crosses the whole night and did so really well, unfortunately the first he missed cost us but it's an absolute joke that it cost him his place in the team again.

TornadoHibby
14-04-2010, 06:32 PM

:faf: :faf:

Per what particular time measure DH? :wink: :cool2:

Just look at the last Derby match to refute your "theory"! :agree: