PDA

View Full Version : Celtic game in Lanzarote

LancsHibs
12-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Will be in Puerto del Carmen on the 17th:thumbsup:, never been before...anybody suggest any good bars to watch the match. No fake Irish bars that will be full of patronising plastics please:greengrin

micksoo
12-04-2010, 09:29 AM
I was there last year - can't remember the names of bars but there were plenty showing football. I just went for a walk along the main road and sussed it out before kick off!

scott7_0(Prague)
12-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Will be in Puerto del Carmen on the 17th:thumbsup:, never been before...anybody suggest any good bars to watch the match. No fake Irish bars that will be full of patronising plastics please:greengrin

I'd give it a miss, why would you want to spoil a perfectly good holiday! :thumbsup:

Father Ted
12-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Virtually every boozer in Puerto El Carmen is a plastic Paddy pub in the region of 75 I think but its 2 years since I've been there things may have changed but its like Ireland with sunshine.

vein
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM

I'll be there too, well I'm staying in Matagorda but they are right next door to each other. At the moment I'm thinking of giving the game a swerve and enjoying my holiday with my family and forgetting about Hibs, work, etc for a while :agree:

Cheapest pint and best cocktails (so my wife said) are in the Hun bar on the main strip, no patronising plastics in there :devil:

LancsHibs
12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I'll be there too, well I'm staying in Matagorda but they are right next door to each other. At the moment I'm thinking of giving the game a swerve and enjoying my holiday with my family and forgetting about Hibs, work, etc for a while :agree:

Cheapest pint and best cocktails (so my wife said) are in the Hun bar on the main strip, no patronising plastics in there :devil:

Know what your saying about giving match a miss but just cant, the calling is just too great:greengrin. If you are watching the match let me know and maybe we could team up, at least there will be 2 hibbys then! sounds like we will be well outnumbered!! The wife will entertain herself with a few of those cocktails!

PS. might just give the Hun bar a miss:devil:

KB1
12-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Head to mucky duck 2 at the front in matagorda, ask for leslie who owns it, she is a good hibee

ekhibee
12-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Lots of bars in Puerto Del Carmen and Matagorda will be showing it, but there's a wee place called Dreamers in Matagorda that's owned and run by a wee scots guy from Coatbridge, that's where a lot of fitba fans drop in, and I would recommend it.