PDA

View Full Version : NHC Aberdeen going down

DH1875
11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Just a thought but life could be worse. We could be sheep Sha***rs.
Anyone else think that they will be relegated. I for one hope they are.

Reaper
11-04-2010, 09:27 PM

I ****ing hope so.

Jonnyboy
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
If only to see that smug erse McGhee get his jotters :agree:

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM

They are still 6 points ahead of both Falkirk and St Mirren and in all honesty I can't see both of those clubs leapfrogging them.

So my answer is no.

.Sean.
11-04-2010, 09:38 PM
No chance.

Diclonius
11-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I like Aberdeen, and don't want to see them relegated.

However, I'd love to see McGhee relegated. Down you go. :bye:

matty_f
11-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Aberdeen will need to be careful, the teams below them know what it's all about to be scrapping for survival in the SPL.

The sheep, on the other hand, have shown themselves to be entirely gutless time and time again this season.

Sylar
11-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Why are people saying "no" with such authority?!

Aberdeen are absolutely abysmal and both Falkirk/St Mirren are picking up results just now. Granted, St Mirren lost at the weekend, but against a rejuvinated looking Falkirk side.

Home to a pumped up Falkirk next week, followed by a VERY difficult away trip to McDiarmed Park. Their following 2 fixtures might be enough to save them right enough, facing Hamilton and Kilmarnock at Pittodrie - having said that, Killie beat the Dons convincingly at Rugby Park a few weeks back, and they haven't beaten Hamilton since the first round of fixtures.

They haven't won since the 27th of January, when they horsed Hearts 0-3 at Tynecastle and look absolutely deplorable just now. They've lost (sometimes convincingly) to Falkirk, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Hamilton recently and having had a quick glance back into their results, they've not convincingly won against any of these sides since the first quarter of the SPL.

They finish away to St Mirren, in a game which could be crucial to their survival. Personally, I hope they're gone before that.

Make no mistake about it - Aberdeen are in a VERY dangerous place just now.

Jonnyboy
11-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Aberdeen will need to be careful, the teams below them know what it's all about to be scrapping for survival in the SPL.

The sheep, on the other hand, have shown themselves to be entirely gutless time and time again this season.

Sounds worryingly familiar :wink:

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't think Aberdeen will go down but they are certainly not out of the woods.

If Falkirk go up to Pittodrie next week and get a win and St Mirren beat St Johnstone then Aberdeen will be in the deep stuff.

Bookkeeper
11-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Don't think it will happen, but would love it too. Just to see mcghees coupon.

PISTOL1875
11-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't think Aberdeen will go down but they are certainly not out of the woods.

If Falkirk go up to Pittodrie next week and get a win and St Mirren beat St Johnstone then Aberdeen will be in the deep stuff.

It all really depends on next weeks game.. If Aberdeen win the I think that they will be safe.. IF Falkirk win ,then the gap is down to only 3 points which will put them right in the Jimmy White...

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 10:00 PM

:confused:

The OP asked a question which required a Yes or No answer.

I still say No. :agree:

Sylar
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM
:confused:

The OP asked a question which required a Yes or No answer.

I still say No. :agree:

It can't have a "yes" or "no" answer to be honest as any answer is speculative.

Answers like "no chance" are very wide of the mark IMO.

Speedy
11-04-2010, 10:08 PM

Aberdeen are absolutely abysmal and both Falkirk/St Mirren are picking up results just now. Granted, St Mirren lost at the weekend, but against a rejuvinated looking Falkirk side.

Home to a pumped up Falkirk next week, followed by a VERY difficult away trip to McDiarmed Park. Their following 2 fixtures might be enough to save them right enough, facing Hamilton and Kilmarnock at Pittodrie - having said that, Killie beat the Dons convincingly at Rugby Park a few weeks back, and they haven't beaten Hamilton since the first round of fixtures.

They haven't won since the 27th of January, when they horsed Hearts 0-3 at Tynecastle and look absolutely deplorable just now. They've lost (sometimes convincingly) to Falkirk, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Hamilton recently and having had a quick glance back into their results, they've not convincingly won against any of these sides since the first quarter of the SPL.

They finish away to St Mirren, in a game which could be crucial to their survival. Personally, I hope they're gone before that.

Make no mistake about it - Aberdeen are in a VERY dangerous place just now.

I think Aberdeen will pick up at least 2 points(home to falkirk and killie) and I think that would be enough to keep them up.

lapsedhibee
11-04-2010, 10:09 PM

Wot you on about? :dunno:

The gist of the OP is shirley "Do you think Aberdeen will be relegated?"

Me, no.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 10:11 PM

Answers like "no chance" are very wide of the mark IMO.

:agree: I certainly wouldn't say no chance either.

Maybe Aberdeen will avoid relegation and still get rid of McGoo. After all this is meant to be his "honeymoon period" and any thing that follows is in the shape of a pear.

Sylar
11-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Wot you on about? :dunno:

The gist of the OP is shirley "Do you think Aberdeen will be relegated?"

Me, no.

Sorry, I had read it as "will Aberdeen be relegated" :cool2:

Hainan Hibs
11-04-2010, 10:17 PM
It would be nice but I don't think it will happen.

I know quite a lot of sound Aberdeen fans but I also know quite a few that have a Yam-esque obsession with size.

lapsedhibee
11-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Sorry, I had read it as "will Aberdeen be relegated" :cool2:

I first read the OP as "Do you think John Hughes will be sacked?" but have an excuse in that all 73970346935858434568435985 of the other threads on the main board begin that way. Summin to do with Luchins and water jars.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-04-2010, 07:49 AM

I would agree with that, but did you see McGhee's post match comments yesterday? He has form for talking in riddles but was straight to the point. " After performances like that, people will be asking am I getting enough out of the players?" Some candid talking like that just now from Hughes really wouyld not go amiss.

Steve20
12-04-2010, 08:01 AM
If it had only been one team below them, then I could see Aberdeen being in real danger. I think it's too much to hope that all three teams below will get enough points to send them down.

LancsHibs
12-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Even McGoo is putting forward the argument that he should be sacked on SSN:faf:

Who are the biggest shambles? Vote Now: Hibs/Sheep/Septic

PS. Aberdeen wont go down!

Barney McGrew
12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
For all the fact that Aberdeen are pish, we've only taken two more points in the last six games than they have.

Who's in relegation form again? :cool2:

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Everytime were doing pish i think of Aberdeen, it makes me feel better.

Although i don't think they will be relegated, would be great if they did though.

Gettin' Auld
12-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Yeah they could go down and next weeks game is vital........Lose at home to Falkirk and it's Squeaky Erse time. :tee hee:

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah they could go down and next weeks game is vital........Lose at home to Falkirk and it's Squeaky Erse time. :tee hee:

And Falkirk have won their last two.:greengrin

Gettin' Auld
12-04-2010, 08:29 AM
And Falkirk have won their last two.:greengrin
Soon to be three hopefully. :greengrin

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Soon to be three hopefully. :greengrin

Probably, should be a comfortable win playing at Pittodrie now.:greengrin

scoopyboy
12-04-2010, 09:06 AM
IMO Aberdeen will finish above Killie, so no they will not be relegated.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 09:08 AM
IMO Aberdeen will finish above Killie, so no they will not be relegated.

And Falkirk, i used to like Falkirk but now that Pressley is there i want them to go down, or Aberdeen.

Hibs On Tour
12-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Would love them to be but just can't see it with the lead they have on the other candidates already. That said, they're playing ***** with absolutely no belief and the others are starting to pick up wins so never say never.

Keith_M
12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Statto Question.

Aren't Aberdeen the only club outside of the OF that have never been relegated?

:dunno:

aberhibsfc
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I think they are the only team outwith the Bigot Firm that have never been out of the top tier of Scottish Football.

It would be nice to see that stat quashed.

They have always had to pay more than the other SPL clubs to tempt players to their club. They have no money, well, baldie won't pump any more in and could really struggle to get back up. I think they will remain stable to a degree as Milne won't see them go under but he doesn't see the sort who would dig deep for them either.

aberhibsfc
12-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Statto Question.

I need to learn to type with more than one finger. Don't get any complaints from the Lady's though.

lucky
12-04-2010, 10:37 AM
The form they are showing says yes. We are the only team who are playing as bad as them. But as they play the teams around them I think they will be relegated.

vanNISHtelroy
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Out of the clubs down here in the table where there is no sunlight I'd like to see Aberdeen go down...but I don't think they will, or Hamilton, or St. Mirren, or Falkirk, or St. Johnstone....

:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Out of the clubs down here in the table where there is no sunlight I'd like to see Aberdeen go down...but I don't think they will, or Hamilton, or St. Mirren, or Falkirk, or St. Johnstone....

:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

You're beginning to make a habit of this. :grr:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=1997094&highlight=kilmarnock#post1997094

Post 12. :greengrin

Am no a stalker - just got a good memory. :agree:

Diclonius
12-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Statto Question.

Yup.

They cheated relegation a few years back when they finished 10th and the league got expanded.

Golden Bear
12-04-2010, 03:35 PM

:agree:

I'm not so much anti Aberdeen as what I am anti Mcghee.

The teflon man must be one of the most obnoxious and arrogant characters that's going around at present.

:asshole:

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM

I'm not so much anti Aberdeen as what I am anti Mcghee.

The teflon man must be one of the most obnoxious and arrogant characters that's going around at present.

:asshole:

He even mentioned in an interview focusing on the Aberdeen job and not the Celtic job, so he actually considered himself a contender for it.:faf:

lapsedhibee
12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I think they are the only team outwith the Bigot Firm that have never been out of the top tier of Scottish Football.

They cheated relegation a few years back when they finished 10th and the league got expanded.

And originally dodged their way into the top tier in 1904 when they finished 7th out of a 12-team Second Division, and the First Division got expanded. Fix! :grr:

Eaststand
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
And originally dodged their way into the top tier in 1904 when they finished 7th out of a 12-team Second Division, and the First Division got expanded. Fix! :grr:

Thats true but it could have been oh so different, except for a little known fact from the meeting in 1904

Ebeneezer Cyril Nish missed an absolute sitter in the game immediately before the meeting...... :wink:

Bostonhibby
12-04-2010, 06:15 PM

:greengrin His face yesterday was the one highlight of my sporting weekend, nothing against the sheep, but this erse, definitely. All talk nae substance.

johnrebus
12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Aberdeen deserve to go down.

They got away with a few years back because Brockville was'nt up to scratch. This time they deserve it for no other reason than having the biggest
f a n n y in Scottish fitba as their manager.

:bye:

Sergey
12-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Yup.

I might be wrong; but wasn't it the season that Falkirk's ground didn't (correctly) meet the necessary safety criteria and Aberdeen subsequently stayed up?

Edit: Just noticed the post directly above. Apologies for the duplicate!

Jonnyboy
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
For all the fact that Aberdeen are pish, we've only taken two more points in the last six games than they have.

Who's in relegation form again? :cool2:

Indeed and I'm just grateful we're not in the bottom six the way we're playing just now

bubblesmorrison
12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
no chance they would change the league again so they stay up

afc-2252
13-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I might be wrong; but wasn't it the season that Falkirk's ground didn't (correctly) meet the necessary safety criteria and Aberdeen subsequently stayed up?

Edit: Just noticed the post directly above. Apologies for the duplicate!

This is a myth that constantly gets cast up. There was no automatic relegation planned for season 99/00. Instead it was planned to have a play off between the 2nd and 3rd in the 1st division and the bottom team of the 10 team Premier League for a place in a new 12 team Premier League. As was know for weeks before the end of the season Falkirk’s stadium did not meet the criteria so there was no chance the 10th placed team would have to participate in a play off should they finish in the top 3. So the fact is Aberdeen avoided a 3 team play off for 2 places in the Premier. St Mirren went up as champions and Dunfermline were promoted as 2nd placed team. It's amazing how many “journalists” and “pundits” either do not know their facts or fail to tell the whole story with regards to this.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 08:01 PM
This is a myth that constantly gets cast up. There was no automatic relegation planned for season 99/00. Instead it was planned to have a play off between the 2nd and 3rd in the 1st division and the bottom team of the 10 team Premier League for a place in a new 12 team Premier League. As was know for weeks before the end of the season Falkirk’s stadium did not meet the criteria so there was no chance the 10th placed team would have to participate in a play off should they finish in the top 3. So the fact is Aberdeen avoided a 3 team play off for 2 places in the Premier. St Mirren went up as champions and Dunfermline were promoted as 2nd placed team. It's amazing how many “journalists” and “pundits” either do not know their facts or fail to tell the whole story with regards to this.

But Aberdeen finished bottom of the league?

lapsedhibee
13-04-2010, 08:05 PM

So, the state of Falkirk's stadium saved you not from relegation but from a relegation play-off, is that right?

afc-2252
13-04-2010, 08:09 PM
So, the state of Falkirk's stadium saved you not from relegation but from a relegation play-off, is that right?

Yep that's right.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Yep that's right.

But you still finished bottom. Therefore deserved relegation.

There's not another League in the world where you finish bottom and get excluded from relegation.

Lucky Bassas. And thats NOT a myth.

afc-2252
13-04-2010, 08:14 PM
But Aberdeen finished bottom of the league?

Yes, but it was always planned that there would be no automatic relegation that year, instead there would be a 3 team play off. The play off didn't need to happen cause of Falkirk's stadium. So Dunfermline and Aberdeen didn't have to join Falkirk in fighting it out for 2 places in the Premier League.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes, but it was always planned that there would be no automatic relegation that year, instead there would be a 3 team play off. The play off didn't need to happen cause of Falkirk's stadium. So Dunfermline and Aberdeen didn't have to join Falkirk in fighting it out for 2 places in the Premier League.

Ah thats awrite then..There was nae pressure on Aberdeen to finish bottom, Kool.

Kin just imagine the halftime team talk..'Nae relegation this year boys..Dusnae matter if you finish bottom'

:aok: Gotcha.

afc-2252
13-04-2010, 08:23 PM
But you still finished bottom. Therefore deserved relegation.

There's not another League in the world where you finish bottom and get excluded from relegation.

Lucky Bassas. And thats NOT a myth.

Yes there is.

If there had have been automatic relegation who's to say Aberdeen wouldn't have rallied and finished a couple of places higher. They had a Scottish Cup Final that year - many players may have taken it easy in the last few meaningless league games to ensure they were fit for the final. If they were fighting for survival that probably wouldn't have been the case.

Your argument is like the team who finishes 3rd in the Championship demanding they be automatically promoted as they finished above the teams in 4th, 5th and 6th.

IWasThere2016
13-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I couldnae give the shake of a lamb's tail about 1999 - I just hope they go doon this year!

What a laugh that'd be :agree:

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes there is.

If there had have been automatic relegation who's to say Aberdeen wouldn't have rallied and finished a couple of places higher. They had a Scottish Cup Final that year - many players may have taken it easy in the last few meaningless league games to ensure they were fit for the final. If they were fighting for survival that probably wouldn't have been the case.

Your argument is like the team who finishes 3rd in the Championship demanding they be automatically promoted as they finished above the teams in 4th, 5th and 6th.

Bullshight.

Your telling me Aberdeen players went into the final few games of the season not giving a toss about finishing bottom cause they had a cup final? Bollocks!.What about pride?..Being part of an Aberdeen side that finished bottom and didnt give a shight?!..

Aberdeen should have been relegated.end off!

afc-2252
13-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Bullshight.

Your telling me Aberdeen players went into the final few games of the season not giving a toss about finishing bottom cause they had a cup final? Bollocks!.What about pride?..Being part of an Aberdeen side that finished bottom and didnt give a shight?!..

Aberdeen should have been relegated.end off!

I know what you mean about pride etc, but you know it doesn't work like that. Matches which have huge consequences cause players to react differently. To sum up, the consequences of Aberdeen finishing bottom were known to be nil, hence none of the fans or players really caring as much as they would have had definite relegation been on the cards. As you and I both know when you go into a match knowing losing it would mean relegation, there will be a large crowd and teams will go for broke. This didn't happen as Aberdeen knew they weren't going down and had a Scottish Cup Final to prepare for.

marinello59
13-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Lucky Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassas. And thats NOT a myth.

Fixed that for you.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Fixed that for you.:greengrin

:hilarious

:top marks:greengrin:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
13-04-2010, 09:29 PM
The McGhee factor is the clincher.

lyonhibs
13-04-2010, 09:36 PM
It's highly unlikey, but I say with total sincerity that I would laugh so hard if Aberdeen - and more specifically that fat torn-face wan*er McGhee - got relegated that I would need serious internal reconstructive surgery.

I'd probably pass my gall bladder and ***** out my kidneys with laughter if Aberdeen got relegated.

andrew_dundee
13-04-2010, 09:46 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Aberdeen-Mark-McGhee-being-relegated-from-the-SPL/112776972084089?ref=ts

my friend set this group up... seems like joining would be the rightthing to do :wink:

Bad Martini
14-04-2010, 11:26 AM
The sheep areny gonny go doon I dont think...Falkirk and others below them should be more worried, regardless of current form.

HOWEVER...........were that to happen, it would be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very funny.................."but we won......in 198x" Mr First Division Fan.........and "wereraaaaa famouss abaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardeeeeeeeeeeeeen" :devil:

sesoim
14-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Statto Question.

:agree: I think so. For that reason alone, they deserve to taste the pain the rest of us have suffered.

jacomo
14-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Aberdeen are in a similar position to where we were under Blobby - big debts, uncertainty over the stadium, poor manager, but a few decent kids coming through. I think it's very unlikely they'll go down.

My main concern is why we haven't kicked on enough since then, given the transformation around the club.

Teo10
14-04-2010, 12:32 PM
That would be ****ing HILLARIOUS if they went down:faf:

It wont happen though:boo hoo:

magnificent_seven
14-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I hope they do. The Aberdeen fans are so deluded after their success in the 80s and think that they are better than they really are.

They should have went down in 1998 IIRC when they finished bottom but the SPL was formed and two First Division teams got promoted with no relegation.

Gettin' Auld
14-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I know what you mean about pride etc, but you know it doesn't work like that. Matches which have huge consequences cause players to react differently. To sum up, the consequences of Aberdeen finishing bottom were known to be nil, hence none of the fans or players really caring as much as they would have had definite relegation been on the cards. As you and I both know when you go into a match knowing losing it would mean relegation, there will be a large crowd and teams will go for broke. This didn't happen as Aberdeen knew they weren't going down and had a Scottish Cup Final to prepare for.

All that preperation for the final didn't help much, did it? You lost 4 - 0 :greengrin

afc-2252
14-04-2010, 08:02 PM
All that preperation for the final didn't help much, did it? You lost 4 - 0 :greengrin

Quite a respectable score considering Aberdeen played almost the entire match with a striker (Robbie Winters) in goals. :greengrin