PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of Yogi - yes or no?

Diclonius
11-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks. If I remember correctly, we did this with Mixu last season and it was something like 95-5.

bighairyfaeleith
11-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I said no just over a week ago, but 4-1 to hamilton on top of the other results is one step too far. Petrie :grr:

heretoday
11-04-2010, 06:29 PM
No for heavens sake!

TheMentalHibees
11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I really don't know. I've been firmly behind Yogi in the face of ***** performances for weeks now, but the results are just getting more embarrassing. Hibs shouldn't be conceding more than 3 goals to teams that are fighting relegation. Our away form has never been fantastic, but it is absolutely abhorrent just now. Worryingly, I'm starting to feel like I was last season under Mixu, a complete and total apathy towards Hibs. Towards the end of last season, I really couldn't give a **** which way the results went, I was totally disillusioned. And that was in February. In the last 3 months, we've totally blown 3rd place, which at the close of last year, we were running away with. We've also pissed possibly our best chance yet to win the SC up the wall.

Yogi and the players have until the end of the season to prove that they deserve to be here at the start of next term.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM
No, he should not be sacked, but if we end up sixth, I don't see how he can continue.

bingo70
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I really don't know. I've been firmly behind Yogi in the face of ***** performances for weeks now, but the results are just getting more embarrassing. Hibs shouldn't be conceding more than 3 goals to teams that are fighting relegation. Our away form has never been fantastic, but it is absolutely abhorrent just now. Worryingly, I'm starting to feel like I was last season under Mixu, a complete and total apathy towards Hibs. Towards the end of last season, I really couldn't give a **** which way the results went, I was totally disillusioned. And that was in February. In the last 3 months, we've totally blown 3rd place, which at the close of last year, we were running away with. We've also pissed possibly our best chance yet to win the SC up the wall.

Yogi and the players have until the end of the season to prove that they should be here for the start of next term.

Good post, the only thing i disagree with is the last bit about having till the end of the season.

For me the seasons effectively over, we're absolutely pish just now and even if we're garbage for the rest of the season that won't tell me anything i don't know already. I'm going to give Yogi the summer to see who we get rid of and see who he brings in then judge him on the start of the season, IMO the problems don't all lie with Yogi, it's just that we've got quite a few players with bad attitudes and just aren't very good at football.

Dunbar Hibee
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
No.

Gettin' Auld
11-04-2010, 06:45 PM
No

Winston Ingram
11-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks. If I remember correctly, we did this with Mixu last season and it was something like 95-5.

The last poll on Mixu was 98-2:agree:

Hibee_Lisa
11-04-2010, 06:50 PM
No.

ekhibee
11-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Good post, the only thing i disagree with is the last bit about having till the end of the season.

For me the seasons effectively over, we're absolutely pish just now and even if we're garbage for the rest of the season that won't tell me anything i don't know already. I'm going to give Yogi the summer to see who we get rid of and see who he brings in then judge him on the start of the season, IMO the problems don't all lie with Yogi, it's just that we've got quite a few players with bad attitudes and just aren't very good at football.
Yes, I can see where you're coming from there, but also agree with several points that TheMentalHibees is making as well. The problem about waiting till next season, as it would have been with Mixu, is that if he signs more pish and doesn't move on the crap we've currently got, we could easily be in serious trouble, with a new east stand but low crowd attendances, as a result of the primadonnas/******rs on the pitch who act as if they really couldn't care less. I, like you, would like to give him a bit more time, but sadly I just don't know if I can trust him to make the right decisions as far as the team is concerned. In his interviews it often sounds like he was watching a very different game from the one I was watching, consequently he might think there's a need to strengthen up areas which to me don't seem to need strengthening, and not addressing areas which to me definitely do. A tricky one to call, for that reason alone.

col02
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
No from me as despite being in a horrid run of form I would like for the manager to be given some time and patience by sections of the support that are known for going OTT when things are good as well as when bad. This time next season for me is time enough to have made a rational decision on whether he is the man or not for Hibs.

murray26
11-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I dont think he'd ever be forgiven if Hearts caught us from the position we were in, he has to many players who are not good enough i.e Rankin Nish Hogg Cregg Stevenson and people will probaly disagree but McBride, he seems to be up on some sort of pedistool, i dont think he's anything special, no right back, we have more goalies than genuine midfielders, i have'nt seen much of an improvement from the Mixup days, we caught a bit of a honeymoon period early on but now we seem to be getting the true reflection of the team, in saying all that if we manage to stay above Hearts i would be prepared to see what happens next season but it would be against my gut feeling.

Hainan Hibs
11-04-2010, 07:21 PM
There is that big part of me that realises he needs time to build the squad and get rid of the wasters and dicks who think a place at Hibs is a license to piss about and a place just to pick up a wage without any need for a performance.

However, there is that other part of me that just cannot accept humpings most weeks especially to teams like Hamilton.

I'm in the give Yogi time camp but **** me I'm going to be pushed to the limit in the next five games. If he persists with a 4-3-3, surrendering the midfield each week, and fielding 11 players who's biggest concern is which twatty bar on George Street to visit, we are going to get rogered left right and centre and it's not going to be pretty and I hate to think of the impact on season ticket sales and fans views.

Also if the unthinkable happened and Hearts finished above us and we end up 6th, after the invested in the team and available funds I will find it hard to support his position at the club.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 07:26 PM
No from me.

Can we have another poll in 9 months. That's if there are any members still posting.

TheMentalHibees
11-04-2010, 07:27 PM

I see your point, and that's partly why I'm leaning towards not sacking him now.

Celtic were in the position we were in with Mowbray, and I really don't understand why they sacked him. The league was already gone, and a new manager wasn't going to have time to turn things around. I personally believe they should have kept him and let him have the summer, as he was starting to mould the team towards what he wanted. They are no better off having sacked him than if they'd kept him.

"give them till the end of the season" wasn't meant to sound as final as it did. What I meant is that they have to give the supporters some evidence that they have the wherewithal to actively change our current situation, and that they deserve to be here next year. Yogi has to take most of the flak, but as Lennon said yesterday, you can't give players drive or passion - that's got to come from within. Those are currently whats lacking, as we have what is a very good SPL squad, one that only needs tweaking in a few areas. The attitude has to be changed, as if we go into next season with different players and the same "dinnae give a flying one" approach, then we'll end up with the same performances we are being treated to just now.

hibsdaft
11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
No.

hibsbollah
11-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Do you mean 'get rid' of in the mafia sense (sleeping with the fishes etc etc)?... or sack him and replace him with another unproven manager.

IberianHibernian
11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Definitely want to see Yogi given more time but Petrie must be clear with that backing too ie if he`s decided Yogi is to continue he has to be given full financial support ( and club has to make this very clear ) and not seem to be holding back cash for successor as seemed to happen with Collins . If any change is to be made , it should be at end of this season - unlikely surely as it would be an admission of wrong choice by club .

Judas Iscariot
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Waste of bandwith..

Hibercelona
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
He shouldn't be sacked. But he will be shortly.

Judas Iscariot
11-04-2010, 07:51 PM

Bet he isn't.

Hiber-nation
11-04-2010, 07:52 PM

And when will this happen exactly?

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM

What date?

Do you sell fish?

brydekirk
11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
summer signings will tell a story. at least give him that.

Hibby 2005
11-04-2010, 08:05 PM
If, as it appears, Yogi's lost the dressing room then it doesn't look good as the only way to remedy that is by replacing all or most of the rebels, a near impossible task.

I've said often enough that he can spot a good player but lately it seems he's been unable to gel, inspire or even motivate them.

IberianHibernian
11-04-2010, 08:20 PM
If, as it appears, Yogi's lost the dressing room then it doesn't look good as the only way to remedy that is by replacing all or most of the rebels, a near impossible task.

I've said often enough that he can spot a good player but lately it seems he's been unable to gel, inspire or even motivate them.I`m fully in favour of Yogi carrying on next season but don`t totally understand this "spot a good player " bit . So far , most of his signings ( Stokes , Miller or Gow for example ) have had success with Falkirk in SPL or played for " big " clubs without realising potential - there have been no surprise signings and some probably Collins and Mixu would have liked to have had the chance to sign similar players without selling even better players . If Yogi is to get success next season , he`ll need to introduce successfully more players from Under 19 team into squad ( Kurtis Byrne in attack for example ) and sign some less known players from elsewhere ( not easy by any means - even McLeish with a lot of money had 10 duds for every Zitelli without even mentioning Franck or Latapy that`d now be out of our price range and Collins signings generally didn`t make it ) .

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
No, he should not be sacked, but if we end up sixth, I don't see how he can continue.

Bang on mate - if we get overhauled by a VERY poor hertz side then yogi shld do the decent thing and walk - if not petrie shld sack him. We can't totaly blame the players, yogi has had the opportunity to change the formations and personnel but hasn't, the blame lies with him.

Hibercelona
11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Bet he isn't.

And when will this happen exactly?

What date?

Do you sell fish?

How often to managers actually get given a chance at clubs these days?

If performances don't turn around right now, Yogi will be offski.

steakbake
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Our team - not just Yogi - has thrown away a fairly comfortable cushion in 3rd in a very short space of time. Many of the players simply don't seem to care, others are imposters who are collecting a wage and still resting on the laurels of the start of the season.

Someone should have told them its not where you reach during the season or the headlines you got when you were playing well. It's where you finish and how you turn it around when things are going badly.

To answer the question, no - nobody should be sacked just yet.

If, however, we did finish 5th/6th I think it would be an untenable position. He/we can cling to "we've got more points than last year" like Yogi wants us to but that's the sort of consolation we'd be laughing at the Yams about if they'd declined as badly as we have.

jabis
11-04-2010, 08:58 PM
what a crap thread.......voted NO !

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2010, 09:06 PM
No

Diclonius
11-04-2010, 09:20 PM
The last poll on Mixu was 98-2:agree:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=151227

92-8.

For the record, I don't want him sacked - I'm just curious to see how the two polls compare.

erskine-hibby
11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Yes!!
This is not a blip or even a bit of a bad run, this is freefall and a manager who seems to have not idea 1 about what to do about it.
We have a far better squad than that under Mixu but even with that the results and performances look alarmingly similar.

jabis
11-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Yes!!
This is not a blip or even a bit of a bad run, this is freefall and a manager who seems to have not idea 1 about what to do about it.
We have a far better squad than that under Mixu but even with that the results and performances look alarmingly similar.

I pray to the many Gods that surround us,that next season,you have so much egg on your face,you qualify for the BIGGEST OMELETTE in the world.

just the view of a Hibs Fan.

:blah:

Having re-read that,I can only apologise for the lack of respect for your views.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 09:33 PM
How often to managers actually get given a chance at clubs these days?

If performances don't turn around right now, Yogi will be offski.

If we finish 4th in the league IMHO there is no way he will be sacked despite how we achieved it.

However if we were currently in the bottom six I would insist that he was sacked.

You still haven't said when he will be sacked. :wink:

Westie1875
11-04-2010, 09:35 PM
No

hibee62
11-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't think any manager should be sacked until he has been given a chance to mould his team. Now he made quite a few changes last summer and brought in some excellent players, making our squad, on paper, the 4th best in the league, at least. Hence, anything less than 4th should be considered a failure, but it may take more than one season to get the squad working right, aka dundee utd...

IMO, one season a place or two below our "squad rank" is not eneough to merit a sacking (unless threatened by relegation). 2 seasons on the other hand would require a rethink.

So, I don't think he should go now or at the end of the season, but if we fail to get 4th he will be under the magnifying glass early next season to make sure we get top six. Should that be under threat, he will have to go before the split next year, should that not be under threat but we finish 5th (or lower) with the 4th best squad in the league again, then he should go at the end of next season.

SO, IMO, its a massive NO...:agree:

Removed
11-04-2010, 10:02 PM

:agree: and NO from me too

Bookkeeper
11-04-2010, 10:05 PM
No

jabis
11-04-2010, 10:19 PM
:agree: and NO from me too

Its sad, when on the Hibs.net messageboard there are 27.59% yams and whinging gits :agree:

and they call themselves "Fans".

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I voted no and I won't be changing my mind (if at all) until a few months into the new season.

Hughes has had a full season to assess the squad and see what each player can/can't do. He will be aware of what positions need filled for next season and the kind of characters that he needs to bring in.

I have said time and time again that he needs this summer to shape his squad and then he needs a few months to get these new players gelling together and playing the way that he wants them to.

If we get to around Christmas time and we are in the bottom six, then that might well be the time where we have to make big decisions.

Wellbankhibby
11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I am very pleased to see that most of us are backing Yogi. I have consistantly posted on this site that in my opinion it is absurd to even think of sacking Yogi. I really dont understand some of our so called supporters it is clear that the team is suffering a real loss of confidence and all you are doing is unsettling them more. Have a little patience and give yogi a chance at least the whole of next season. I am as disgruntled and dissapointed regards recent results but to me it is more frustration as i know on our day we are capable of beating any team in the SPL. We are also the best footballing side when we play to our potential. We are in the top six and are still favourites to qualify for europe I would still say we will finish fourth. remember all teams have bad results look at celtic and Aberdeen. Would you rather be going through the decline of the Dons.:confused:

erskine-hibby
11-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I pray to the many Gods that surround us,that next season,you have so much egg on your face,you qualify for the BIGGEST OMELETTE in the world.

just the view of a Hibs Fan.

:blah:

Having re-read that,I can only apologise for the lack of respect for your views.

Actually so do I, though I just don't see it.

BTW I respect your opinion also.

cad
12-04-2010, 12:34 AM
IMHO the signs are not good ,but another change of manager is not an option I would like to take .
Rod with the investment in the new stand and the ST sales coming up, may well have a plan B ,he would be stupid not to ..

Beefster
12-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Its sad, when on the Hibs.net messageboard there are 27.59% yams and whinging gits :agree:

and they call themselves "Fans".

Try not to turn this into a über-fan debate. Some of those who want him sacked now are probably better supporters than you or I.

Life would be boring if everyone thought the same.

ahibby
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM
The poll that really matters will come from the season ticket sales. There is a chance, if this poll is anything to go by, that they could be down by 30%ish. That might lead to him being sacked if the results don't.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:17 AM
No, he should be given a chance next season but if we don't improve then i think he should/will go.:agree:

Wilson
12-04-2010, 08:39 AM
We have become a bit of a joke since the turn of the year and Yogi has been powerless to do anything about it. I'm afraid he has been found out - big time.

A lot of the players have been found out too. We need a major clearout.

I don't think Yogi has shown us enough to prove himself the man to make that clearout and take us on to better things. Quite the opposite in fact.

Wilson
12-04-2010, 08:40 AM
No, he should be given a chance next season but if we don't improve then i think he should/will go.:agree:

... and we'll have wasted another season when the writing is perhaps on the wall right now...

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:42 AM
... and we'll have wasted another season when the writing is perhaps on the wall right now...

What i mean is see if he can get some decent signings in the summer, get the best out of them next season, but if he doesn't sort it out in the frist ten games on next season then i think he should go, and your probably right it will be a waste of a season, but if we can get ***** so quickly this season then i don't see why we can't get good quickly next season with a change in manager if that's whats required.

Andy74
12-04-2010, 03:51 PM
What i mean is see if he can get some decent signings in the summer, get the best out of them next season, but if he doesn't sort it out in the frist ten games on next season then i think he should go, and your probably right it will be a waste of a season, but if we can get ***** so quickly this season then i don't see why we can't get good quickly next season with a change in manager if that's whats required.

If it's all the manager's fault then of course we will improve instantly.

Hermit Crab
13-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Why sack him now? Id give him next season to sort that team out. People need time to make changes. Instant success is not going to happen.

joey1875
13-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Voted No, unless we end up behind the ****.

hibiedude
13-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes!!

Yes I agree his time is up and the quicker he goes the better because we are nowhere with Yogi.

basehibby
13-04-2010, 04:16 PM

I don't think it's a crap thread as it gets to the bottom of what everyone on here is really thinking at this moment in time. If you went by the content of all the threads you might come away with the impression that most folk want Yogi out - probably cos people tend to post louder and more frequently when they have a bee in their bunnet as opposed to being in "suck it and see" mode.

For the record I'm also one of the 70% who voted NO.

euro Hibby
13-04-2010, 04:28 PM
while I thought he could do a good job this last 10 weeks have made me wonder. Tactically inept, bad substitutions generally, poor PR and the Hibs connection Yogi has makes it a hard call. In the end any manager needs at least 18 months. Alex Ferguson got 2 or 3 years at manchester but he had won a European trophy ! Hopefully he has a plan and I am wrong......

Golden Bear
13-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Far too early to pose the question.

A year from now we'll all be in a better position to judge on Yogi's managerial skills.

It's got to be said, however, that right now his report card does not make for a promising reading.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Nah no yet.

WindyMiller
13-04-2010, 05:04 PM
No. He always had a big job to do after the previous two managers.
I'd give him 'til Xmas, at least to sort it out.

I don't care how many "fans favourites" he gets rid of.

F*** them all!

Golden Bear
13-04-2010, 05:08 PM
No. He always had a big job to do after the previous two managers.
I'd give him 'til Xmas, at least to sort it out.

I don't care how many "fans favourites" he gets rid of.

F*** them all!

:agree:

My sentiments exactly.

No player(s) is/are bigger than the Club so if they're not pulling their weight then its time for the big axe to fall.

sesoim
14-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I voted yes, mainly because I didn't want him here in the first place. A new manager, appointed quickly, could probably clinch us 4th place (look at the quick impact Craig Brown has made at Motherwell).

Having said all that, Hibs would never sack a manager when we are 4th. If Hearts hammer us a in a fortnight and we drop to 6th, that will be different. Unfortunately our European hopes would have vanished by then.

I think we will have to hang in there and hope Hughes can at least scrape 4th place this season and then make the necessary changes in the summer. As he doesn't come across as the brightest guy around, maybe he could do with a "thinker" behind the scenes to sort the team out in future.

IWasThere2016
14-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I voted yes, mainly because I didn't want him here in the first place. A new manager, appointed quickly, could probably clinch us 4th place (look at the quick impact Craig Brown has made at Motherwell).

Having said all that, Hibs would never sack a manager when we are 4th. If Hearts hammer us a in a fortnight and we drop to 6th, that will be different. Unfortunately our European hopes would have vanished by then.

I think we will have to hang in there and hope Hughes can at least scrape 4th place this season and then make the necessary changes in the summer. As he doesn't come across as the brightest guy around, maybe he could do with a "thinker" behind the scenes to sort the team out in future.

Or the situation at the Arabs, Yams and Falkirk

Keith_M
14-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd rather he was at least given two full seasons, if only because we can't keep signing new managers only for them to be 'Mutually Consented'.

Given the tendency of the board to appoint untried/inexperienced (i.e. cheap) former players, we're only going to end up in the same position again.

Peevemor
14-04-2010, 01:29 PM
I'd rather he was at least given two full seasons, if only because we can't keep signing new managers only for them to be 'Mutually Consented'.

Given the tendency of the board to appoint untried/inexperienced (i.e. cheap) former players, we're only going to end up in the same position again.

Yogi was neither.

PeeKay
14-04-2010, 01:57 PM
The poll that really matters will come from the season ticket sales. There is a chance, if this poll is anything to go by, that they could be down by 30%ish. That might lead to him being sacked if the results don't.

:top marks
It's ST sales and people voting with their feet that is the only poll that will count with Petrie. Even last year with Mixu in charge I had renewed my season ticket by this time. This year I will probably wait until nearer the deadline.
For the record I voted no. But if we lose to the Yams (a game even Mixu won last last year) it would be interesting to run this poll again.

WindyMiller
14-04-2010, 04:57 PM
:top marks
It's ST sales and people voting with their feet that is the only poll that will count with Petrie. Even last year with Mixu in charge I had renewed my season ticket by this time. This year I will probably wait until nearer the deadline.
For the record I voted no. But if we lose to the Yams (a game even Mixu won last last year) it would be interesting to run this poll again.

Don't worry, it will be.

down the slope
14-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Of the seven ST holders i know three are not renewing , i doubt this is representative of the Hibs support but if this was replicated it will give the Tash many sleepless nights.

Sunny1875
14-04-2010, 05:57 PM
No No No

Sack Yogi now and we are back at square 1

A Manager needs time to form his own squad, To mould them to the formation and commitment he desires.

Was not a certain Man Utd manager only one defeat from the axe and that was after 2 or 3 seasons in charge.

Of course he was given time and the rest is the making of history

Now I dont think for a minute Yogi is in that class of management, But we are Hibs and not in that class of team either

If Yogi had taken over and we had imediatley gone on a terrible run then it would be obvious he was not the man for the job, but we ground out results and had some luck early on in the season. Same manager same team the question is how is it fixed. The answer is not a kneejerk reaction If yogi goes now then so must 80% of the current squad. The non triers, and the not good enoughs.

We could proceed to bring a succession of managers in as long as they are given the same squad and same attitude results will stay roughly the same.

Sunny1875
14-04-2010, 06:05 PM

Sacked for managing a club during a recession then, I am sure not all of those not renewing will be doing so solely on the basis of our teams ****** ! Would be interesting to see how other clubs around the country fare on ST renewalls.

bingo70
14-04-2010, 06:07 PM
No No No

A Manager needs time to form his own squad, To mould them to the formation and commitment he desires.

Was not a certain Man Utd manager only one defeat from the axe and that was after 2 or 3 seasons in charge.

Now I dont think for a minute Yogi is in that class of management, But we are Hibs and not in that class of team either

If Yogi had taken over and we had imediatley gone on a terrible run then it would be obvious he was not the man for the job, but we ground out results and had some luck early on in the season. Same manager same team the question is how is it fixed. The answer is not a kneejerk reaction If yogi goes now then so must 80% of the current squad. The non triers, and the not good enoughs.

We could proceed to bring a succession of managers in as long as they are given the same squad and same attitude results will stay roughly the same.

IMO a better and more relevant comparison is Levein at Dundee Utd, think the highest he finished with Utd was 5th and in his first season they finished 8th or 9th and look at Utd now.

We need to be patient IMO.

truehibernian
14-04-2010, 06:11 PM
No No No

True, and he also took a season to then rid the club of the drinking culture and the "bad influences" who were around the youngsters. He even had contacts at the various pubs and clubs who would "report back" if his young players were on the town. Sooner Hibs get rid of the drinkers, wasters and those that put nights out on the sauce before professionalism, the better a club Hibernian will be IMHO. That may mean shifting the players who seem to divide opinion as to their worth to the team or whether they are just individuals/mavericks.......discuss ! Ferguson however did have the luxury of a bigger budget, bigger pulling power as a world class/known club, and having real good pro's amongst the young talent. At Hibs just now, there are no leaders, no feared characters, and no experienced "old heads" who can still rattle a few cages when the chips are down. I just hope Yogi doesn't do what he did at Falkirk and bring in any old experience a la Bullen, McNamara and McCann. I want a couple of hard bar stewards who still have some ability and can easily handle SPL level football. Hard to find though.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Its pointless sacking him now when our season is almost over, IMO he should have been sacked months ago and a new man brought in. Might sound harsh but if you want to win you need to be ruthless

bighairyfaeleith
15-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Its pointless sacking him now when our season is almost over, IMO he should have been sacked months ago and a new man brought in. Might sound harsh but if you want to win you need to be ruthless

:faf: so let him screw up next season then sack him half way through rather than replace him now and let a new manager start the rebuild when the transfer market is about to open :confused:

Andy74
15-04-2010, 08:34 AM
:faf: so let him screw up next season then sack him half way through rather than replace him now and let a new manager start the rebuild when the transfer market is about to open :confused:

Another rebuild eh, what a load of pish.

There's a rebuild under way. If you see that we need one why would another manager make any difference to that?

We need someone to stay here for a few years and actually get the rebuild job done.

erskine-hibby
15-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Another rebuild eh, what a load of pish.

There's a rebuild under way. If you see that we need one why would another manager make any difference to that?

We need someone to stay here for a few years and actually get the rebuild job done.

But is that person Yogi?

I can't see much difference between this team and the one we had under Mixu.
OK we had a pretty good start, played some good (if not sparkling) stuff and got lucky on a few occasions (but you need that also), but for the last 2-3 months we have been lower than rank.
It seems to me that Yogi doesn't have ability to get, with what is a much better squad than we have had in recent years, the team/players to perform to a half decent level and for that reason alone I feel that, reluctantly, a change is needed or we could easily find ourselves deep in the bottom half of the league next term.

Andy74
15-04-2010, 10:44 AM

But is that person Yogi?

I can't see much difference between this team and the one we had under Mixu.
OK we had a pretty good start, played some good (if not sparkling) stuff and got lucky on a few occasions (but you need that also), but for the last 2-3 months we have been lower than rank.
It seems to me that Yogi doesn't have ability to get, with what is a much better squad than we have had in recent years, the team/players to perform to a half decent level and for that reason alone I feel that, reluctantly, a change is needed or we could easily find ourselves deep in the bottom half of the league next term.

We've also had some bad luck and several key injuries and we've had 2 months of disappointment.

If we are counting the good luck ealier it has to be accounted for, along with especailly bad pitches which go against us and help others.

We will add to the squad and we will have better cover and better balance to the team for next year.

I'm not seeing how two months out of the season struggling with a depleted and low on confidence squad points the way to a struggling bottom half team next year?

Phil MaGlass
15-04-2010, 10:53 AM
For me he has the maximum of the first ten games of next season to get it sorted and that includes any games we may/may not play in Europe,which I very much doubt we will be in.

Dr Jimmy
15-04-2010, 11:05 AM
As much as I like Yogi the person and also the player, I think he should go. Not just for the results, but failing to spot what everyone else sees is wrong with the team, his complete inability to change a game with a substitution and the fact that we look like like losing 4/5 goals every game we play.

hibee-shtuggie
15-04-2010, 12:43 PM
silly question, of course no. we cant keep choping and changing our manager. give him time to build. it is already better than last season. some folk are so hard to please.

hibby1954
15-04-2010, 12:55 PM
He should go now.He is a poor coach,knows nothing about tactics,poor man manager.I suspect he left secondary school with no qualifications.His SFA COACHING BADGE obviously had the coaching and tactics part removed.:notworthy:

Peevemor
15-04-2010, 12:56 PM
He should go now.He is a poor coach,knows nothing about tactics,poor man manager.I suspect he left secondary school with no qualifications.His SFA COACHING BADGE obviously had the coaching and tactics part removed.:notworthy:

Great first post.

Welcome to the board.

WindyMiller
15-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Great first post.

Welcome to the board.

Indeed!
If he hadn't used that smilie I'd maybe have thought it Yammish.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2010, 07:29 PM

What, you mean like Richard Branson to name but one?

You look like you maybe struggled yourself a wee bit :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-04-2010, 07:40 PM

hibby1954 knew.

I take it Eddie Malofeev absolutely sailed his Standard Grades?

Alex B
17-04-2010, 04:53 PM
If we fail to pick up another point this season (as looks quite likely) he must surely consider his position.

bingo70
17-04-2010, 04:57 PM
If we fail to pick up another point this season (as looks quite likely) he must surely consider his position.

If we win every game next season he'll surely get manager of the year :agree:

apologies for the ersey reply, but surely you can't have only come up with that theory after getting beat by celtic at parkhead, did you really expect us to win there :confused:

if we were ever going to win a game after the split then it was extremely unlikely to come today so i don't see what made you post that now :confused:

Scorrie
17-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Just a theoretical question but if we hadn't had this bad run but it had been "staggered" throughout the season (ie lost games here and there rather than a great run followed by a dross one) but were still sitting in 4th challenging for Europe after last season's dross, would we still be having this poll? Not being ersey as I am as gutted as anyone at recent results but is 4th that bad given it is a manager's first season and he hasnt got in the players he wants yet?:dunno:

HamiltonHibee
17-04-2010, 06:42 PM
No,give him time to build his own team, if he can take falkirk to europe and scottish cup final he can take us as well, KEEP THE FAITH

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 01:24 AM
No,give him time to build his own team, if he can take falkirk to europe and scottish cup final he can take us as well, KEEP THE FAITH

We were on course for the 3rd spot & Europe but that has faded since December 2009!

There is a very good chance we will not reach Europe this season in the end . . . . would you see that as a failure or a success?

We get put out of the Scottish Cup by Ross county - after leading 2-1 & making stupid & unneccessary subs . . . . . it's like groundhog day!

Why flog a dead horse!

It took a few years for the Falkirk fans to find Hughes out - but it has taken a few Hibs fans to realise the same. :wink:

:bye:

Diclonius
18-04-2010, 01:31 AM
We were on course for the 3rd spot & Europe but that has faded since December 2009!

Remind us where we were in December 2008? December 2007? December 2006?

All I know is that we were a damn site worse off.

I presume you'll want a new manager to wave his magic stick and achieve European football and the Scottish Cup for you next season out of nothing? And if he doesn't - why flog a dead horse?

YetholmHibee
18-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Remind us where we were in December 2008? December 2007? December 2006?

All I know is that we were a damn site worse off.

I presume you'll want a new manager to wave his magic stick and achieve European football and the Scottish Cup for you next season out of nothing? And if he doesn't - why flog a dead horse?

It is not a case of being worse off - it's a case of NOTHING HAS CHANGED . . . we are still in the same postition :bitchy:

Different face but the same results & excuses happen.

I ask you & all Hibees this one question - were would Hibs be without Stokes & Riordan goals this season?
Seriously think about it!
And also add in the fact Falkirk played great football when Latapy Russell was playing.

Russell Lapaty did not play Yogi's last season at Falkirk & they nearly got relegated.

Yogi has been found out. :agree:

Watch all the Derby games this seasons :agree:

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
18-04-2010, 08:54 AM
It is not a case of being worse off - it's a case of NOTHING HAS CHANGED . . . we are still in the same postition :bitchy:

Different face but the same results & excuses happen.

I ask you & all Hibees this one question - were would Hibs be without Stokes & Riordan goals this season?
Seriously think about it!
And also add in the fact Falkirk played great football when Latapy Russell was playing.

Russell Lapaty did not play Yogi's last season at Falkirk & they nearly got relegated.

Yogi has been found out. :agree:

Watch all the Derby games this seasons :agree:

Totally agree with you mate - yogi can't keep up with how a game is going and make appropriate changes, some are saying our players are poor but its the whole league that is poor our players are no better or worse than the rest of the league, the quality of the league will mean it will be more competitive over the next few years and a manager who is tactically aware will be the difference IMO yogi isn't the man - there is an opportunity for real success for us IF we get the right manager in place, everything else is already there !!!

Brizo
18-04-2010, 10:57 AM
My concern is that in the SPL even the more attack minded teams know you have to win the physical battles in midfield before you are allowed to play. Because in our league noones gonna stand off you and allow you to play pretty football. Arabs are an example of a team who can play but who win the physical battles first which then allows them to play.

If I thought Yogi was going to bring in a couple of ball winning midfielders with a physical presence id be more confident about next season. My worry is that I dont think he did that at Falkirk (though happy to be told otherwise) and I get the impression hes probably too stubborn to amend his "vision" to meet the realities of the SPL. Willing to give him next season but more because I hate the sacking culture in fitba rather than any confidence that he'll have learnt any lessons from this season and acted on them.

skipster7
18-04-2010, 11:01 AM
What date?

Do you sell fish?
:faf: if you knew fishy then you would no there's no way he could have WEE hibby as his username.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 05:17 PM
:

Why do you and others like you, blatantly lie, and make things up that are just not true?

Cropley10
18-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Why do you and others like you, blatantly lie, and make things up that are just not true?

December 27 Hibs 1 Der Hun 4

Since then what? A good win vs the Accies then F R E E F A L L.

Why do you always try and pretend everything is great?

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 09:18 PM
December 27 Hibs 1 Der Hun 4

Since then what? A good win vs the Accies then F R E E F A L L.

Why do you always try and pretend everything is great?

Sun 3 15:00 Hearts H SPL D 1-1 16,949
Sat 9 15:00 Irvine Meadow H SCP 4 W 3-0 10,197
Sat 16 15:00 Dundee United A SPL L 1-0 7,000
Sat 23 15:00 Hamilton Academical H SPL W 5-1 11,481
Wed 27 19:45 Celtic A SPL W 1-2 41,000
Sat 30 15:00 St Mirren H SPL W 2-1 11,476
Date KO Opponent Venue Comp Result Att TB MR
February 2010
Sat 6 15:00 Montrose H SCP 5 W 5-1 9,068
Wed 10 19:45 Aberdeen H SPL D 2-2 10,469

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 09:50 PM
February 2010

To be honest, the only two matches out of that lot that were any good were the Hamilton and Celtic games.

Hearts at New Year was poor, Irvine Meadow and Montrose were played like practice matches, Dundee Utd away was crap, I wasn't at the St Mirren game so won't comment and although we did well to come back, the first half performance at home to Aberdeen was utterly abysmal.

bingo70
18-04-2010, 09:52 PM
To be honest, the only two matches out of that lot that were any good were the Hamilton and Celtic games.

Hearts at New Year was poor, Irvine Meadow and Montrose were played like practice matches, Dundee Utd away was crap, I wasn't at the St Mirren game so won't comment and although we did well to come back, the first half performance at home to Aberdeen was utterly abysmal.

It's not been freefall since december though

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2010, 10:03 PM

It is if you want to lie, to make your agument look better.:bitchy:

murray26
18-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I will vote after the derby, if he finishes above Hearts he buys himself another season IMO, Anything less is total failure.

Removed
18-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I will vote after the derby, if he finishes above Hearts he buys himself another season IMO, Anything less is total failure.

But the derby is not the last game is it. We could lose to the yams but still finish above them. Then what?

murray26
18-04-2010, 10:15 PM
But the derby is not the last game is it. We could lose to the yams but still finish above them. Then what?

If we dont lose i cant see us finish behind them, the derby is the key game, where you at Tynie? we have alot to make up for.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2010, 10:22 PM

Going into the Rangers match at the end of December, we had 32 points (after 16 matches). In the 18 matches since then, we have picked up just 18 points.

So from August-December, we averaged two points a match and from January-April, we have averaged one point a match.

You're right though, it hasn't been complete freefall since December as we had quite a good January. Since then though, we have picked up just eight points in three months. February, March and April have been shocking.

Removed
18-04-2010, 10:24 PM
If we dont lose i cant see us finish behind them, the derby is the key game, where you at Tynie? we have alot to make up for.

You answer my question first then I'll answer yours

murray26
18-04-2010, 10:47 PM
65d I think the derby is the key game, we will probaly lose next week and Hearts will win 1-0 against mothwell, a Derby defeat when then leave us with a 2/16 record, thats relation meterial, Yogi should then walk or be sacked.

Removed
18-04-2010, 10:57 PM
65d I think the derby is the key game, we will probaly lose next week and Hearts will win 1-0 against mothwell, a Derby defeat when then leave us with a 2/16 record, thats relation meterial, Yogi should then walk or be sacked.

But that's not what you said is it? Your post is below.

So do you want to edit that and say if he loses the derby he should walk or be sacked, regardless of whether we finish above the yams?

murray26
18-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes! Sorry for trying to hedge my bets.

Removed
18-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Yes! Sorry for trying to hedge my bets.

So yes, you want him to walk or be sacked if we lose to the yams even though we could still have finished above them and in 4th?

:crazy:

And yes I was at the PBS, for both games

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 04:33 PM
February 2010

What's your point caller. How many of these games did YOU SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES?

Are you trying to suggest that this was the work of a great manager, a tactical colossus, a true man motivator? We gave a honking Eberdeen side a 2 goal start. We scored with a last minute OG against St Mirren. We've rolled ONE team over in the SPL this season - Hamilton at home. But they've had their revenge for that one.

That's total and utter novice Neil Lennon got one over on our guy - yet we had victory or at least a draw in our sights. Any time he comes up against a team in the Top 6... (now that Gannon AND Mowbray have gone) what happens...? Nothing happens. We get beat.

Nothing changes!!! It's like Mixu ALL over AGAIN.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2010, 05:34 PM
What's your point caller. How many of these games did YOU SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES?

Are you trying to suggest that this was the work of a great manager, a tactical colossus, a true man motivator? We gave a honking Eberdeen side a 2 goal start. We scored with a last minute OG against St Mirren. We've rolled ONE team over in the SPL this season - Hamilton at home. But they've had their revenge for that one.

That's total and utter novice Neil Lennon got one over on our guy - yet we had victory or at least a draw in our sights. Any time he comes up against a team in the Top 6... (now that Gannon AND Mowbray have gone) what happens...? Nothing happens. We get beat.

Nothing changes!!! It's like Mixu ALL over AGAIN.

5 games with my own eyes, and with those same eyes, i'm witnessing a hibs side fighting for a european place. How many times have you done this?

hibee4life1983
19-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Not a chance, who the ****** are you to post a thread like tthis, i swear sum dud mother fu**ers need a real slap!

Cropley10
19-04-2010, 05:40 PM
5 games with my own eyes, and with those same eyes, i'm witnessing a hibs side fighting for a european place. How many times have you done this?

We are fighting for this European place you are right. And if we end up 6th or below the Yams those 5 games, the 'fight', the chance of Europe will have been enough?

I know you say we will get something off Well or the Yams but if we dont?

If we don't looks like we'll end up with 3 maybe 4 or 5 points more than Mixu got. And he resigned! :devil: