PDA

View Full Version : I trust the board

Diclonius
11-04-2010, 06:00 PM
At the end of the season, the board will have a decision to make - whether to back or sack Yogi.

Regardless of our views, and regardless of the manager and playing staff's views, I will trust them fully by whatever decision they make.

They are in a professionally qualified position to make the decision that will have the most positive impact on the club's future, and whatever that may be, it will be the right one.

Toaods
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I'd rather leave it to the director's of Hibernian FC however you are right, we do usually get it right here...:wink:

Hibernian Verse
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
I think it would be pointless getting rid of him. We're becoming like Hearts, results take a turn for the worse and we suddenly need a change in coaching staff.

Andy74
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
At the end of the season, the board will have a decision to make - whether to back or sack Yogi.

Regardless of our views, and regardless of the manager and playing staff's views, I will trust them fully by whatever decision they make.

They are in a professionally qualified position to make the decision that will have the most positive impact on the club's future, and whatever that may be, it will be the right one.

I doubt they are even considering having to make such a decision. They appointed him to do a long term job and he'll be given the backing to do it.

steakbake
12-04-2010, 02:39 PM

The third possible option is that they could "crack" him.

Seeing as I don't know what that would involve, I'll open it up to the group for suggestions.

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I doubt they are even considering having to make such a decision. They appointed him to do a long term job and he'll be given the backing to do it.

Depends on the next ST sales I would guess, too.
If they are not poor, I agree nothing will be done.
I have a feeling the new east in itself will see reasonable ST sales.

But we'll finish 5th or 6th, done terrible in the cups, we've had several unnaceptable results, 2010 has been dire all round.
Can't imagine this all gets totally ignored, but I believe the ST sales may be the biggest factor of all.

bighairyfaeleith
12-04-2010, 02:41 PM
The third possible option is that they could "crack" him.

Seeing as I don't know what that would involve, I'll open it up to the group for suggestions.

This is what i reckon they done with mixu, basically they would slash yogis budget for next year and make i impossible for him to change his squad. Yogi wouldn't want to do another season with what he currently has so would walk away.

Thats if the board wanted rid of yogi that is:wink:

steakbake
12-04-2010, 02:45 PM
This is what i reckon they done with mixu, basically they would slash yogis budget for next year and make i impossible for him to change his squad. Yogi wouldn't want to do another season with what he currently has so would walk away.

:tumble:

Andy74
12-04-2010, 02:46 PM

But we'll finish 5th or 6th, done terrible in the cups, we've had several unnaceptable results, 2010 has been dire all round.
Can't imagine this all gets totally ignored, but I believe the ST sales may be the biggest factor of all.

I don't think even season tickets will come into it. They know first hand what he's doing, what the issues are and what needs sorted and he'll be allowed to do it regardless of what some of the fans are currently thinking.

bighairyfaeleith
12-04-2010, 02:47 PM
:tumble:

have I missed something :confused:

lyonhibs
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM

The above post is the very definition of "missing the point"

WWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH

If Yogi could just stop rolling out the same old guff in the media, and just cut to the chase as per Neil Lennon, I'd have very few problems with him.

Win, lose or draw, come what may between now and the end of the season
when the players cross the white line, they need to seriously, SERIOUSLY get the finger out and show us they give a damn.

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think even season tickets will come into it. They know first hand what he's doing, what the issues are and what needs sorted and he'll be allowed to do it regardless of what some of the fans are currently thinking.

And how can they back him without the money?

Every manager is employed with the intent that they'll do a long term successful job.
Ultimately, p.i.s.h. poor performances, poor crowds means boards take action.

bighairyfaeleith
12-04-2010, 02:57 PM
The above post is the very definition of "missing the point"

WWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH

If Yogi could just stop rolling out the same old guff in the media, and just cut to the chase as per Neil Lennon, I'd have very few problems with him.

Win, lose or draw, come what may between now and the end of the season
when the players cross the white line, they need to seriously, SERIOUSLY get the finger out and show us they give a damn.

at the risk of making an erse of myself I still don't get it but anyhoos:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I would always back the board, but they need to be consistent. It has been my opinion that we finish top six and nothing else, that will be pass marks and mission completed. I think thast has been agreed up front. Our early season form took us all by surprise and now sixth would almost be a failure. But for me the sticking point is this. When Collins asked RP for the beans to buy Steven Hamill he got told where to get off. In short, the fault is you, not the players. We won't trust you with any more cash. So what does RP do at the season end when Hughes asks for more cash to strengthen a team that has shown previously that it can play a bit? Hughes has been every bit as inconsistent as his players. No conicidence maybe, that he went from a team at the foot of the bottom six and then lead a team to the foot of the top six.

Andy74
12-04-2010, 03:22 PM
I would always back the board, but they need to be consistent. It has been my opinion that we finish top six and nothing else, that will be pass marks and mission completed. I think thast has been agreed up front. Our early season form took us all by surprise and now sixth would almost be a failure. But for me the sticking point is this. When Collins asked RP for the beans to buy Steven Hamill he got told where to get off. In short, the fault is you, not the players. We won't trust you with any more cash. So what does RP do at the season end when Hughes asks for more cash to strengthen a team that has shown previously that it can play a bit? Hughes has been every bit as inconsistent as his players. No conicidence maybe, that he went from a team at the foot of the bottom six and then lead a team to the foot of the top six.

That's not true about Hammel though, is it?

lyonhibs
12-04-2010, 03:24 PM
at the risk of making an erse of myself I still don't get it but anyhoos:greengrin

Lol I wouldn't worry about it - I believe the confusion has been caused over the phrase - referring to a "beauty treatment" procedure - aka torture - where a discrening gentleman could get his back, sack and crack waxed.

I hope that's what it was, or else I've missed the point as well :grr: :grr::greengrin

Woody1985
12-04-2010, 03:25 PM

I hope that's not the case as (some) football fans are fickle. If we constantly change manager at the start of each season because we've been **** from Feb onwards then we're never going to get anywhere.

We need to stick it out with someone for 2/3 season and see how they progress the club.

We, and the board, should give them enough backing to allow them to succeed but without jeopardising the long term financial stablility of the club.

Yes, it may 'waste' a season or two but constantly changing managers and giving them one/two windows to succeed is not good enough. We'll constantly be 'getting rid of the previous managers dross' which then becomes an endless cycle until you hit the jackpot with one manager, which might never happen.

Andy74
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I hope that's not the case as (some) football fans are fickle. If we constantly change manager at the start of each season because we've been **** from Feb onwards then we're never going to get anywhere.

We need to stick it out with someone for 2/3 season and see how they progress the club.

We, and the board, should give them enough backing to allow them to succeed but without jeopardising the long term financial stablility of the club. Yes, it may 'waste' a season or two but constantly changing managers and giving them one/two windows to succeed and the constant 'getting rid of the previous managers dross' becomes and endless cycle.

Yep, and I think the board will see byond the short term form and will be making judgements based on what they see every day. If they have concerns there then fine but I very much doubt it.

If we were to change the manager again we'd all be here again talking about the fact that nothing ever changes at Hibs. (Apart from managers of course)

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 03:53 PM

While I think ST sales will be down, I am not sure how much this will be to do with the manager.

bighairyfaeleith
12-04-2010, 04:05 PM
While I think ST sales will be down, I am not sure how much this will be to do with the manager.

what do you think is causing it?

The shoddy stadium?
The non existent youth policy?
The lack of training facilities?
Lack of big player signings?

At the end of the day, responsibility lies with the manager. If he can't gee a team with the likes of

Riordan
Stokes
Miller
Bamba
Murray
Wotherspoon

To win against the likes of hamilton, St Johnstone, Ross County then he should be asking serious questions of himself. If I was him I would be!

Look at motherwell and see how with a manager who can organise a side you can pick up points. The motherwell squad is certainly not better than ours.

I've only just moved to the yogi to go side after saturday, I'd like to be proven wrong but I'm not hopeful

Cropley10
12-04-2010, 04:08 PM
There used to be a poster on here Ancient Hibee I think it was who would often point out the only consistentcy at Hibs was the Board and that they were ones who were most culpable. The Board for example, have been well aware of the 'culture' within the playing staff of - well a lack of professionalism on and more importantly off the pitch. They have done little or nothing about this, IMO.

The Board have also appointed 3 ex Hibs players as Manager. Some have referred to this as the cheap option. Others describe it as the safe option. You can argue it hasn't and isn't working. Each of these managers has suffered from the same problems with a collapse of form and an apparent lack of effort from the players.

The Board have however done a superb job of rescuing our balance sheet, building a proper Training Centre (apparently to now include a full size indoor pitch), and of course completing the stadium redevelopment.

So - the Board have done very well off pitch on the business side, less well on it.

It will be intersting to see how they react to a lack of ST renewals or new ST sales, the team's performances, crowd attendances and the Manager's assessment of the situation and his plans to fix it.

It may transpire that, as with JC, they refuse to throw good money after bad. Whatever happens Yogi needs to SIGNIFICANTLY up his own game, before, during and after the next 5 games.

Arch Stanton
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM

So, if we get into Europe next season he will have done well but if we get into Div 1 then he has done badly?

Experienced businessmen would just not take such a happy-go-lucky approach.
They will surely make a decision soon to sack or not to sack Hughes based on the best available evidence available to them.

Speedway
12-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Why would the board consider sacking him?

Arch Stanton
12-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Why would the board consider sacking him?

If they judged that everything was running at 100% then they wouldn't.

Liberal Hibby
12-04-2010, 05:57 PM
If they judged that everything was running at 100% then they wouldn't.

But they wouldn't. They would judge whether things were 60% and going forward or 50% and going backwards. I assume they have some performance criteria on which to judge managers. It might include:

- top six qualification
- Euro qualification
- trophy win

I would have thought only relegation or the imminent threat of it would make them press the eject button. They might also include:

- squad development
- player assets (ie future transfer income)
- youth development

I can see lots of different criteria that all managers would be judged - not just season ticket sales or league placings. The board actually are in it for the longer term and know chopping and changing every 18 months gets in the way of progress.

I'm not (or ever have been) particularly convinced by Hughes, his record at Falkirk didn't exactly set the heather on fire, but he has been pretty straight up about the task and how he want to play and some of his signings have been pretty good. But we were a mediocre team last season and it will take longer to sort things out than he has had so far. And what I saw against Celtic the other week showed signs of improvement. So let's get behind him and the team and try to secure 4th place. Our season isn't over - which for most of the last 20 odd years it has been by this time.

Woody1985
13-04-2010, 01:26 PM
So, if we get into Europe next season he will have done well.

Yes.

Funny how chopping the majority of a post can completely change the context eh.

FWIW, and I suspect this is a waste of keyboard depreciation, I'm not saying let a manager drag us to relegation and stick by him.

We are currently in a position where we expect/hope to be. Let him continue that and see where we go.