PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Go on Yogi!

MrSmith
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Drive the team to glory!

All is still up for grabs so lets show the doubters what you are capable of!!

I still believe you are the man!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Houchy
11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Drive the team to glory!

Nurse!!! Too much sun and Bevvy!!!:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Drive the team to glory! All is still up for grabs so lets show the doubters what you are capable of!! I still believe you are the man! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Mrs Hughes?

SlickShoes
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Fed up reading this kind of stuff, we have been dire for ages now.

Im happy to give my full support to the team but support and belief are two completely different things.

We are in freefall.

BT58
11-04-2010, 04:26 PM
if we had went 2 wins in the first 14,,,what would have been the response???
some people are saying give him till xmas,,,,,,,,
i personally think that season tickets will be down as with the new capacity
up to 20k+,and fans will be able to pick what games they want to go to
hb

vahibbie
11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Drive the team to glory!

Very hard to tell what you are basing your optimism on....blind faith mibbe?

If Yogi's driving them he's lost the steering wheel and he's gaun doon a very steep hill wi nae brakes.

Ferryhibby
11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
So what do we do just keep sacking managers? isnt it time to let someone stay for a while and try to put into practice what he's been spouting about, remember Yogi was the only one who didn't get carried away at the start of the season, telling us we still had a lot of hard work in front of us and he was still trying to instill his belief into some of the players, also the dross we have just now i dont think will be there next season, the rankins,hoggs,nish etc ill wait to see what he brings in first for next season.

ScottB
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
So what do we do just keep sacking managers? isnt it time to let someone stay for a while and try to put into practice what he's been spouting about, remember Yogi was the only one who didn't get carried away at the start of the season, telling us we still had a lot of hard work in front of us and he was still trying to instill his belief into some of the players, also the dross we have just now i dont think will be there next season, the rankins,hoggs,nish etc ill wait to see what he brings in first for next season.

Thats like saying 'I've had a lot of girlfriends so dammit I'm gonna marry this one, even though she is ugly and beats me with a stick.'

Of course we don't want to keep sacking managers, but nor should we keep a manager just cause we don't want to sack another manager.

Fair enough, our start to the season was sprinkled with hefty doses of luck, but it would appear far from instilling his beliefs and building the squad up the team has nosedived.

And considering he has played Nish every week almost and constantly talks about him, why anyone thinks Hughes will ditch him is beyond me.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Thats like saying 'I've had a lot of girlfriends so dammit I'm gonna marry this one, even though she is ugly and beats me with a stick.'

Of course we don't want to keep sacking managers, but nor should we keep a manager just cause we don't want to sack another manager.

Fair enough, our start to the season was sprinkled with hefty doses of luck, but it would appear far from instilling his beliefs and building the squad up the team has nosedived.

And considering he has played Nish every week almost and constantly talks about him, why anyone thinks Hughes will ditch him is beyond me.

Maybe yer bird just needs a wee bit of plastic surgery.

erin go bragh
11-04-2010, 05:10 PM
ffs were still 4th[which will get us into europe]

also when was the last time we had something to play for after the split:confused:
maybe if we all started getting behind the players from the start of the game [instead of moaning at the players and not a lot of singing]the players might get a lift.:wink:

MrSmith
11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I decided that a balance had to be met, the amount of negative threads/posts on here relating to Yogi is just p!sh.

I do believe in him and think given the time required will prove all the doubters wrong.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I decided that a balance had to be met, the amount of negative threads/posts on here relating to Yogi is just p!sh.

I do believe in him and think given the time required will prove all the doubters wrong.

Well said. :agree::thumbsup::notworthy:

crash
11-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Those players get a game every week, Yogi even made one of them captain:bitchy:

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Well said. :agree::thumbsup::notworthy:

From

http://www.career-opportunities.co.uk/mrgrumpy.jpg

To

http://www.penguin.com.au/covers-jpg/9781846462726.jpg

in less than 12 months.

:hilarious

Must be the fresh Blackpool sea air or something else. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
From

http://www.career-opportunities.co.uk/mrgrumpy.jpg

To

http://www.penguin.com.au/covers-jpg/9781846462726.jpg

in less than 12 months.

:hilarious

Must be the fresh Blackpool sea air or something else. :wink:

Cheers for that, i have a new avatar.:thumbsup: I have saved the other one just in case. :wink:

MSK
11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Cheers for that, i have a new avatar.:thumbsup: I have saved the other one just in case. :wink::grr:...:rules:...:grr:

Toaods
11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Cheers for that, i have a new avatar.:thumbsup: I have saved the other one just in case. :wink:

here's next weeks one now...

Alfred E Newman
11-04-2010, 06:10 PM

We don`t sack managers, they walk away. only Sauzee has been sacked in recent times.

bighairyfaeleith
11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Drive the team to glory!

:faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM

But if we finish bottom of the top six, ie don't win another game, he is still our man for next season?

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2424734]Cheers for that, i have a new avatar.:thumbsup: I have saved the other one just in case. :wink:[/QUOTE

Happy clapper to the bitter end. Not right, not wrong, just consistent...:notworthy::top marks

CRAZYHIBBY
11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
if it were up to me i would sell or sack the whole squad except stokes riordan miller and bamba

Toaods
11-04-2010, 06:40 PM
if it were up to me i would sell or sack the whole squad except stokes riordan miller and bamba

perhaps we should sign the subject on your avatar....more co-ordinated movement up front than we've managed...:cool2:

MrSmith
11-04-2010, 06:54 PM
But if we finish bottom of the top six, ie don't win another game, he is still our man for next season?

For me, yes he will be! I had written this season off as a transition anyway, so everything else is just a bonus!

bighairyfaeleith
11-04-2010, 06:58 PM

I think you overlooked nish :confused:

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 07:19 PM

How do you propose to do that considering that they are not even good enough for Hibs. :devil:

Rodders would like to hear from you with your proposals. I assume that you are an estate agent if you think you can sell some of our players for a fee.

:bye: Stack
:bye: Rankin
:bye: Cregg
:bye: Nish
:bye: Makalamby

Nothing personal but you're not Hibs class.

brydekirk
11-04-2010, 07:36 PM

:agree: how many posters have said they wished JC had more time.

DH1875
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
I think you overlooked nish :confused:

I don't.

mikethehibee69
11-04-2010, 09:48 PM

If Yogi's driving them he's lost the steering wheel and he's gaun doon a very steep hill wi nae brakes.

Oh he must be in a Toyota:thumbsup:
:faf:

Ed De Gramo
11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
How do you propose to do that considering that they are not even good enough for Hibs. :devil:

Rodders would like to hear from you with your proposals. I assume that you are an estate agent if you think you can sell some of our players for a fee.

:bye: Stack
:bye: Rankin
:bye: Cregg
:bye: Nish
:bye: Makalamby

Nothing personal but you're not Hibs class.

Thought Cregg has been our best midfielder since he's came into the team....but hey ho

mikethehibee69
11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Thought Cregg has been our best midfielder since he's came into the team....but hey ho

Cregg I thought played a lot better than some of the great pretenders
:grr:

WestEndHibee
11-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Drive the team to glory!

Mate you must be depression proof! Loving it! Gonna jump on the positivity bandwagon. I reckon that was our last loss of the season!

IWasThere2016
11-04-2010, 10:42 PM

And L-plates (as he needs to learn about tactics), blindfolded as (he sees nothing wrang) and while pashed (have you heard the interviews?) then he left the handbrake on at Christmas! :wink:

Big Ed
11-04-2010, 11:06 PM

It wouldn't bother me if every one of those four was sold in the summer.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Flogging a dead horse seems to be par with this thread :zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

MrSmith
11-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Flogging a dead horse seems to be par with this thread :zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

Oh really?

erskine-hibby
11-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Drive the team to glory!

Sorry but the only way Yogi is driving is downhill....and fast!!!

IWasThere2016
12-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Sorry but the only way Yogi is driving is downhill....and fast!!!

This isn't a car crash, this is a real car crash, this is a Hibernian car crash!

Joking aside, there's been two other comparable capitulations this season. Dundee and Cellic falling away - they've both sacked their managers. Why we need to wait is beyond me. Weeks/months after fans have been saying there need to be formational/tactical changes the penny drops with Yogi but only after 2 wins in 14 - heaven help us!

hibsbollah
12-04-2010, 06:12 AM
I thought this was supposed to be a positive thread?:rolleyes:
Well done for trying Smithy.

MrSmith
12-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Cheers Bollah,

Certainly gives you an indication of the support for Hughes and Hibs!

All this car crash nonsense and flogging dead horses - what a pile of *****! You lot really need to get a grip of yourselves!

So, we will get rid of another manager, plan f comes into play, or will they? The poison chalice that is the hibs managerial post, players who revolt at the drop of a hat because they cannae get there munchies and unrelenting fans who want you sacked after six months because you are: out of your depth, tactically inept, not hibs class and immature! What a great patient bunch we are.

Please tell me one decent manager who would take up this job?

So of you fans out there ought to be ashamed of yourselves - we are hibees not jambos, smeelytics or rankers!

GET A ****ING GRIP!

erskine-hibby
12-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Cheers Bollah,

All this car crash nonsense and flogging dead horses - what a pile of *****! You lot really need to get a grip of yourselves!

So, we will get rid of another manager, plan f comes into play, or will they? The poison chalice that is the hibs managerial post, players who revolt at the drop of a hat because they cannae get there munchies and unrelenting fans who want you sacked after six months because you are: out of your depth, tactically inept, not hibs class and immature! What a great patient bunch we are.

So of you fans out there ought to be ashamed of yourselves - we are hibees not jambos, smeelytics or rankers!

GET A ****ING GRIP!

I respect your opinions, but don't need any kind of lecture.

If you are happy to stumble along with a 'lets wait and see' kind of attitude, then fine.
Me, I would rather we address the situation sooner, rather than later because, IMHO, it can only get worse.
I had fears of Yogi turning us into Falkirk mark 2 from the start and i'm sorry to say I appear to be correct...that is not a boast or a 'I told you so' moment as I say I am genuinely sorry this has happened. For the life of me I haven't seen any progress under Yogi, we have better players, a stronger squad than we had with Mixu, he has had much more to spend, but we are playing gash and are on a downward spiral with no end in sight. I cannot see where we will win our next match and even if we do manage to win one, it does not detract from the fact we are going nowhere...fast.
I hate turmoil at the club, but on this occasion I think Rod should bite the bullit and start looking for someone else to take us forward. I don't know who that would be, but for me it has to be someone a bit more seasoned, someone who doesn't have an emotional tie with the club and defo someone who can kick ass cos this squad needs it badly.

hibeemark
12-04-2010, 10:37 AM

Oh I don't know, perhaps he's basing his opinion on the fact that we enjoyed a 14 match unbeaten run earlier in the season, and until recently were pushing Celtic for 2nd place? :rolleyes:

This is something Mixu never achieved, for example.

if we had went 2 wins in the first 14,,,what would have been the response???

If we had won only 2 out of our first 14 with Yogi, then you'll agree it would be a different situation altogether because, unlike now, he wouldn't have already proved that he can win matches.

It's complete revisionism to suggest that up until mid-february we weren't having an extemely successful season under Yogi. To suddenly turn around and say those matches don't count, and we should be judging him as if this is the beginning of his tenure is out of order, in my opinion. :tsk tsk:

I hope Yogi has the ability and resolve to get us back on track, and return to the high standards he himself set earlier in the season. Given how injury-prone the key players from our successful period have been recently (particularly the outrageously talented Mr Zemmama - remember him?) it ain't going to be easy though, that's for sure.

IWasThere2016
12-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Cheers Bollah,

GET A ****ING GRIP!

The car crash was a joke - the post said so :wink:

And I'd be happy if the current incumbent knew of, and was able to implement, a Plan B

MrSmith
12-04-2010, 10:55 AM
The car crash was a joke - the post said so :wink:

And I'd be happy if the current incumbent knew of, and was able to implement, a Plan B

Firstly, apologies for not reading your post correctly. However, you cannot implement plan b unless given an appropriate amount of time.

You have said there is things going on behind the scenes - can you pm the details? I don't want to ask leading questions here.

Dinkydoo
12-04-2010, 11:23 AM
If Yogi could sort out the defence, instill some balance into the midfeild and only play two strikers at a time then I think we'd have the team just about sorted.

Can he do it though.........? :cool2:

We need a solid RB & CB - I feel that we more or less have the players to do the job, if we're still doing gash by next xmas then we'll have to have yet another majo0r reshuffle of the team and management staff.

Ferryhibby
12-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Those players get a game every week, Yogi even made one of them captain:bitchy:

Yeah and has throughout the season dropped everyone of them for one reason or another also there's nobody else to play with all the suspensions and injuries now so doesn't seem to have a choice, point i'm making is he was consistently telling us there is still a lot of work to do so why dont we give him time.

hibsbollah
12-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Cheers Bollah,

70% think he should stay, 30% think he should go.
If hibs.net is an accurate reflection of supporters opinion i'd say Yogi has the fans' full support.

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2010, 07:34 PM
If hibs.net is an accurate reflection of supporters opinion i'd say Yogi has the fans' full support.

Not according to corriegreens, the people on here probably dont drink or work.:confused:

IWasThere2016
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM

I'd look up full if I was you. I think it'll be described as maximum, 100% etc no 70:30 :wink:

3 months ago that % would've been damn near 100% .. Dross performances, results and poor football and there's a 30% swing. It will worsen too unless Yogi changes the tactics, get some decent pass and move football going and some improved battling and results from his team.

A pumpming fae them, and a winless run in the split and I think it may well be more against than for.

hibsbollah
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I'd look up full if I was you. I think it'll be described as maximum, 100% etc no 70:30 :wink:

3 months ago that % would've been damn near 100% .. Dross performances, results and poor football and there's a 30% swing. It will worsen too unless Yogi changes the tactics, get some decent pass and move football going and some improved battling and results from his team.

A pumpming fae them, and a winless run in the split and I think it may well be more against than for.

Maybe. What is certain is a strong majority of Hibs fans posting here are currently behind the manager.

basehibby
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh I don't know, perhaps he's basing his opinion on the fact that we enjoyed a 14 match unbeaten run earlier in the season, and until recently were pushing Celtic for 2nd place? :rolleyes:

This is something Mixu never achieved, for example.

If we had won only 2 out of our first 14 with Yogi, then you'll agree it would be a different situation altogether because, unlike now, he wouldn't have already proved that he can win matches.

It's complete revisionism to suggest that up until mid-february we weren't having an extemely successful season under Yogi. To suddenly turn around and say those matches don't count, and we should be judging him as if this is the beginning of his tenure is out of order, in my opinion. :tsk tsk:

I hope Yogi has the ability and resolve to get us back on track, and return to the high standards he himself set earlier in the season. Given how injury-prone the key players from our successful period have been recently (particularly the outrageously talented Mr Zemmama - remember him?) it ain't going to be easy though, that's for sure.

:agree: Great post!

This is a testing time for Yogi and his players and I hope they can show the resolve and ability to clinch 4th place and make this still turn out to be a successful season.
There are still 5 games to go and everyone's got to play each other so I agree with the flavour of the OP - I've been as gutted as anybody by some of the results and performances recently, but right now there's still everything to play for and I think it's time to put all the sniping to one side and RALLY ROUND and get behind the team and the manager and do our best to push them over the line!