PDA

View Full Version : Ross County in Europa Cup....only if...

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
according to Radio 5 Live, can we clear this up once and for all!:confused:

green.and.white
11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
If true what a joke, another lower league team getting in and dropping the country's coefficient points down :grr:

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:00 PM
If true what a joke, another lower league team getting in and dropping the country's coefficient points down :grr:

Just a joke that no one seems to be clear on the rules!!:confused:

H18sry

Well we can blame ourselves and Celtc for not beating them :agree:

BT58
according to Radio 5 Live, can we clear this up once and for all!:confused:

if they win the cup,,,,,,,,,,,if not 4th place gets it,,,,,,,,,,had the huns played ross cty in the finale then maybe
then again i could be wrong
hb

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
if they win the cup,,,,,,,,,,,if not 4th place gets it,,,,,,,,,,had the huns played ross cty in the finale then maybe
hb

Commentator on Radio 5 says that that is them in, even before the final is played!:confused:

craig1875
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I thought it was changed to only the winners went into europe, but do remember reading that both the scottish cup finalists have to finish in the top 4 of the spl for the spl's 5th place team to qualify.

Total joke again, it has to be changed for next season.

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I thought it was changed to only the winners went into europe, but do remember reading that both the scottish cup finalists have to finish in the top 4 of the spl for the spl's 5th place team to qualify.

Total joke again, it has to be changed for next season.

I just think that it is a joke that it is so unclear!:confused:

PaulSmith
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
hb

Assuming league standings remain and Dundee Utd win cup

Rangers and Celtic Champs League

Cup Win - Dundee Utd - Europa
4th Place - Hibs - Europa
5th Place - Motherwell - Europa

I think that the only way for Ross County to get into the Europa Cup would be if Dundee Utd got 2nd place or Ross County win the cup.

craig1875
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM

I think that the only way for Ross County to get into the Europa Cup would be if Dundee Utd got 2nd place or Ross County win the cup.

You sure? :confused:

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM

I do not doubt you but everyone just "thinks" what it "might" be. Is it not a disgrace that the league and sfa dont make it clear!!!!:confused:

ballengeich
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM

Correct. It's also worth noting that the rules on cup runners-up qualifying are set by UEFA and not by the SFA. Several previous threads have covered the subject.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I was always under the impression that if the winners of the cup have already qualified for Europe (either CL or Europa) then the runners up get into the Europa League, if they haven't finished in the top four.

I have been told on a couple of occasions in the past few days that I am wrong and that the winners must finish in the CL for the runners up to get into Europe.

I have seen nothing official (even though I have looked) that says yay or nay on this issue.

noseyhibby

Errrrr What exactly have Hibs, Hearts etc etc etc, in fact any team out with the old firm done for our co-efficient these past 10 years? Ross County can do no worse than the rest of our teams in europe. Give them their wee shot in the sun. It is at least a welcome sideshow for our own dismal performances on the domestic front.

BT58

thot we only had 2 places in champions league + 2 places on eorpa cup
hb

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
hb

Nope, we have five European places next season (two CL and three EL). From the year after, we will lose a CL place but we still keep three EL places.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/04/11/fish-supper-treat-for-ross-county-heroes-after-celtic-upset-86908-22177782/

Read second last paragraph. You can always trust a member of parliament. :wink:

budgiemcb
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
County are defo in Europe!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-cup/163674-fifth-placed-spl-team-in-line-for-europa-league-benefit-from-old-firm-scottish-cup-final/

HibeeDaz6270
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
hb
1st and 2nd champions league. 3rd and 4th europe.

+ 1 extra place from the cup.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 04:19 PM
County are defo in Europe!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-cup/163674-fifth-placed-spl-team-in-line-for-europa-league-benefit-from-old-firm-scottish-cup-final/

The article says

If either Ross County or Raith Rovers win through to a final with either of the Glasgow teams, they will enter the Europa League at the play-off round.

They're both out. :agree:

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:20 PM
The article says

If either Ross County or Raith Rovers win through to a final with either of the Glasgow teams, they will enter the Europa League at the play-off round.

Straight from the scorrish league website!

Europa League
The competition will feature a group stage of 48 teams. The holders and the 10 teams beaten in the play-offs for the Champions League qualify automatically and are joined by 37 qualifiers. The top two from each section go through to the knock-out stage, where they are joined by the eight clubs finishing third in their Champions League group.

Scotland again have three places for 2010/11. The Scottish Cup winners have one tie to negotiate to reach the group stage as they enter at the play-off stage on August 19 & 26, the third-placed side in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League join in qualifying round three on July 29 & August 5 and the team finishing fourth come in at qualifying round two on July 15 & 22.

The fifth-placed team in the SPL will also qualify for the Europa League if the cup final is contested by two teams who have already qualified for Europe via the SPL.

The final will take place in Dublin on Wednesday May 18, 2011.
:confused:

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Errrrr What exactly have Hibs, Hearts etc etc etc, in fact any team out with the old firm done for our co-efficient these past 10 years? Ross County can do no worse than the rest of our teams in europe. Give them their wee shot in the sun. It is at least a welcome sideshow for our own dismal performances on the domestic front.

I agree, just think that it is rank wrotten that it is so unclear!:grr:

PaulSmith
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Europa League
The competition will feature a group stage of 48 teams. The holders and the 10 teams beaten in the play-offs for the Champions League qualify automatically and are joined by 37 qualifiers. The top two from each section go through to the knock-out stage, where they are joined by the eight clubs finishing third in their Champions League group.

Scotland again have three places for 2010/11. The Scottish Cup winners have one tie to negotiate to reach the group stage as they enter at the play-off stage on August 19 & 26, the third-placed side in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League join in qualifying round three on July 29 & August 5 and the team finishing fourth come in at qualifying round two on July 15 & 22.

The fifth-placed team in the SPL will also qualify for the Europa League if the cup final is contested by two teams who have already qualified for Europe via the SPL.

Oh well, Ross County in Europe it is and now we have a 3 way fight for 4th place and the final Europa League slot.

budgiemcb
11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
The article says

"As it stands, the qualification slot given from the Scottish Cup catapults the recipients ahead of the SPL teams in the qualifying stages."

In the same article if you read it fully! Utd are as good as qualified through the league so Ross County get the European spot through being in the cup final!

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 04:25 PM

Europa League

The way I am reading that is that if Dundee Utd win the final then 5th place in SPL get Europa Cup place. If Ross County win final then they get into Europe and only 3rd and 4th spot in SPL qualify for Europa Cup.

Simples. :greengrin

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:26 PM
"As it stands, the qualification slot given from the Scottish Cup catapults the recipients ahead of the SPL teams in the qualifying stages."

In the same article if you read it fully! Utd are as good as qualified through the league so Ross County get the European spot through being in the cup final!

I agree!:agree:

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:27 PM
The way I am reading that is that if Dundee Utd win the final then 5th place in SPL get Europa Cup place. If Ross County win final then they get into Europe and only 3rd and 4th spot in SPL qualify for Europa Cup.

You are wrong.:wink:

budgiemcb
11-04-2010, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=Borders Hibby;2424662]Straight from the scorrish league website!

Europa League

:confused:[/QUO

The final is not being contested by sides qualified for Europe through the SPL so County get the spot!

the_ginger_hibee
11-04-2010, 04:29 PM

Europa League

The final will take place in Dublin on Wednesday May 18, 2011.(Europa final)

Thats that then.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 04:29 PM
You are wrong.:wink:

Come to think about it, I think you're correct. :wink:

I'm trying to watch the final 20 minutes of Spurs v Pompey. :grr:

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=Borders Hibby;2424662]Straight from the scorrish league website!

Europa League

:confused:[/QUO

The final is not being contested by sides qualified for Europe through the SPL so County get the spot!

Correct!:agree:

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Come to think about it, I think you're correct. :wink:

I'm trying to watch the final 20 minutes of Spurs v Pompey. :grr:

Better than getting a sore head trying to figure this up!:agree:

Westie1875
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I think they were talking about this on sportsound yesterday and they ended up concluding that the only way Ross County were in Europe was by winning the cup or Utd getting 2nd in the league.

Reading some of the quotes above though, I have no idea what the correct rules are. :confused:

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Better than getting a sore head trying to figure this up!:agree:

:agree: The only thing I can say for certain is that I don't really know. :dizzy:

vahibbie
11-04-2010, 04:38 PM

I don't think the coefficient is based on what division a team comes from, more from the overall performances of teams from that country.

Are you maybe suggesting that we would be better of representing Scotland than Ross County:confused:
How would you reach that conclusion.

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I think they were talking about this on sportsound yesterday and they ended up concluding that the only way Ross County were in Europe was by winning the cup or Utd getting 2nd in the league.

Reading some of the quotes above though, I have no idea what the correct rules are. :confused:

It does seem to be a complete farce!:agree:

ballengeich
11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I've found this on the official UEFA site. It looks clear to me that cup runners-up only qualify for the Europa League if the winners have qualified for the Champions' League. See section II para 2.04.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf (http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf)

crash
11-04-2010, 05:19 PM
So to summarise, Ross County will only qualify for Europe if

a) They win the Cup.
or
b) Dundee Utd finish second in the SPL.

iwasthere1972
11-04-2010, 05:23 PM
So to summarise, Ross County will only qualify for Europe if

a) They win the Cup.
or
b) Dundee Utd finish second in the SPL.

Unless anyone knows something different. :cool2:

GlesgaeHibby
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM

If the cup euro spot 'catapults' the winner a round further than the SPL teams qualified, Dundee Utd will surely take the cup winners euro place if they win?

That leaves 4th and 5th in the SPL to get the remaining 2 places.

All those that think Ross County potentially making it into europe is a farce should think again. The farce was them us and Celtic not being able to beat them, so if they claim the spot then they claim it on merit.

J-C
11-04-2010, 05:39 PM
According to radio Scotland yesterday they have to actually win it to get into it with Dun U get there.

Borders Hibby
11-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I've found this on the official UEFA site. It looks clear to me that cup runners-up only qualify for the Europa League if the winners have qualified for the Champions' League. See section II para 2.04.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf (http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf)

Its all as clear as mud!!!!!:grr:

MacBean
11-04-2010, 05:56 PM
only way ross county will not be in europa league is if dundee utd finish fifth and win the SC.

its pretty straight forward. runner up gets the prize if winner is already qualified for Europe - its a UEFA rule, the country must have at least one cup qualifer in Europe.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
11-04-2010, 06:02 PM
only way ross county will not be in europa league is if dundee utd finish fifth and win the SC.

its pretty straight forward. runner up gets the prize if winner is already qualified for Europe - its a UEFA rule, the country must have at least one cup qualifer in Europe.

So you think that Dundee Utd will only get their European place by finishing third and not by winning the cup ? how would that work when the cup winners/runners up enter a round after the round for third place in our league, surely Utd would chose the cup place and be in the last qualifying round. Then the extra place would go to the league place and not the runners up.

Spike Mandela
11-04-2010, 06:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Premier_League#European_qualification

MacBean
11-04-2010, 06:06 PM
So you think that Dundee Utd will only get their European place by finishing third and not by winning the cup ? how would that work when the cup winners/runners up enter a round after the round for third place in our league, surely Utd would chose the cup place and be in the last qualifying round. Then the extra place would go to the league place and not the runners up.
its only the cup winners that would enter the round after 3rd place. the runners up start at the earliest qualification level and 3rd place gets promoted.

Dundee Utd will get Europe if they finish where they are or better. But if they were to have a disaster and finish in 5th they would not qualify for europe unless they won the SC.

If however they win the SC and finish where they are then it will go to Ross County and they would start at the earliest round of qualification for scottish teams 4th moving up a level and 3rd going into the final round of qualification as opposed to the cup winners.

hibeesjoe
11-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Yup, its a total joke. A team that has earned its place in the final by beating both Hibs and Celtic along the way :grr:

Good luck to them and they deserve all the benefits that come from reaching the final of the biggest cup scotland has too offer. Its a shame all our billy big baws couldnt muster up enough fight to get to the final. Its not like Hibs would help benefit scotlands coefficient points anyway is it.

We are gash and i cant see us getting any better anytime soon

IberianHibernian
11-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Seems like RC can only qualify for EL by winning cup or as runners up if DU finish 2nd in league ( neither that unlikely I`d say ) . If they qualify , 5th in SPL won`t and if RC win cup , 4th in league will have mid July EL start . Final EL place is same as old Inter Toto which we ( and others ) may not even want though with SPL finish 3 weeks earlier than last year our players should get plenty of holiday ( IF they deserve it is another question ) before EL start IF we suddenly recover 2009 results and finish 4th . Last game at Tannadice might need us winning to clinch 4th or 5th and to make sure Dundee United don`t finish 2nd ( which would qualify Ross C for EL ) .

DH1875
11-04-2010, 07:03 PM
That really cleared it up then. :dizzy:.

CallumLaidlaw
11-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Admin on ross county site seems to have it sussed -

http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?tid=8724

CallumHibs07
11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but under what circumstances can 5th in the SPL get into Europe?:greengrin

budgiemcb
11-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Falkirk qualified for Europe this season after losing last years cup final!

Queen of the South qualified last year, Dunfermline the year before that and Gretna the year before that...........all losing finalists!

The SFA did try to change the rule the year QOS won it but it was rejected by UEFA!

I stand by my belief that County are in Europe! :grr:

I would be delighted though if it's not the case, as the way we're capitulating at the moment we might need fifth place for us to dust the passports out next season!

GGTTH

PaulSmith
11-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Falkirk qualified for Europe this season after losing last years cup final!

Queen of the South qualified last year, Dunfermline the year before that and Gretna the year before that...........all losing finalists!

The SFA did try to change the rule the year QOS won it but it was rejected by UEFA!

I stand by my belief that County are in Europe! :grr:

I would be delighted though if it's not the case, as the way we're capitulating at the moment we might need fifth place for us to dust the passports out next season!

GGTTH

I'm sure all those teams played a team that went into the champs league

budgiemcb
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm sure all those teams played a team that went into the champs league

Aye, they did!

I'm now NO convinced I'm right! :greengrin

IberianHibernian
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but under what circumstances can 5th in the SPL get into Europe?:greengrin
5th will qualify for Europa League ( albeit an early round like old InterToto ) if Ross County don`t win cup and Dundee United don`t finish second ( or even first ) in league .

RosComain
11-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Hearts and Aberdeen have both qualified for the group stages of the uefa cup in that time. aberdeen's draw with bayern munich in 07/08 in the last 32 after pumping copenhagen 4-0 to qualify from their group stage must have helped scotlands co-efficient, even of they did get hammered 5 1 in germany. agreed our teams are usually rubbish in europe but i'd rather have teams finishing in the upper half of the spl there than a first division side.

IberianHibernian
11-04-2010, 08:37 PM
In Spain , Atletico Madrid are in middle of league with no chance of qualifying for Europe through league so have 3 possibilities by cups - win Europa League ( they`re in semi ) and / or win Spanish Cup or lose final to Sevilla IF Sevilla qualify for Champions League . This would suggest we`re guaranteed Europa League place if we finish 5th and Dundee United win cup but don`t finish 2nd in league .

tamig
11-04-2010, 08:48 PM

That was my understanding. The cup final losers only ever get in if the winners are already qualified for the higher ranking tournament, i.e., the Champs League.

Speedy
11-04-2010, 09:13 PM

If the cup euro spot 'catapults' the winner a round further than the SPL teams qualified, Dundee Utd will surely take the cup winners euro place if they win?

That leaves 4th and 5th in the SPL to get the remaining 2 places.

All those that think Ross County potentially making it into europe is a farce should think again. The farce was them us and Celtic not being able to beat them, so if they claim the spot then they claim it on merit.

Exactly.

The confusion comes about because it is not(or has not) been made clear that the cup winners go into the 4th qualifying round while 3rd and 4th in the league go into the 3rd and 2nd respectively.

I believe the ruling is that there has to be a european qualifier from the cup and in this case it would be Dundee United(assuming they win it).

This is partly guess work on my part but it would explain why people are saying it has to be the top 2 in the league for the runners up to get into europe.

lapsedhibee
12-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Admin on ross county site seems to have it sussed -

http://www.overthebridge.info/viewthread.php?tid=8724

Just as Ross County pished all over us on the park, their fans' forum discussion of the regulations pishes all over .net's discussion. Is the membership here made up entirely of midgets, or posting in the wrong formation, or is our server very bumpy after a long hard winter, or what? It's embarrassing to be so outclassed. :confused: :boo hoo:

KWJ
12-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Just as Ross County pished all over us on the park, their fans' forum discussion of the regulations pishes all over .net's discussion. Is the membership here made up entirely of midgets, or posting in the wrong formation, or is our server very bumpy after a long hard winter, or what? It's embarrassing to be so outclassed. :confused: :boo hoo:

:thumbsup::faf:

So... we're still in Europe if we're 5th.

I have to admit, I thought it was the runners up all the way if the winners were in Europe but the CL position is interesting as I suppose the Yams managed that when they got 2nd and beat Gretna on pens.

Brando7
12-04-2010, 05:49 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2928200/Cowards-and-the-County.html

"Meanwhile, SFA chiefs have confirmed County must win the Cup or rely on Dundee United to leapfrog Celtic into second in the SPL if they are to claim a place in the Europa League qualifiers"

Leithenhibby
12-04-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2928200/Cowards-and-the-County.html

"Meanwhile, SFA chiefs have confirmed County must win the Cup or rely on Dundee United to leapfrog Celtic into second in the SPL if they are to claim a place in the Europa League qualifiers"

Sorted, we got there in the end..:cool2:

Hibs On Tour
12-04-2010, 09:28 AM

Changed my mind so many times I'm ****ing dizzy! I reckon no-one here, at RC, Uefa or the SPL has any ****ing idea of who qualifies for what come season's end and it will come down to whoever does the most shouting!

Borders Hibby
12-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Sorted, we got there in the end..:cool2:

Sums up the problems of Scottish Football when the League and SFA make this so unclear and confusing. Why exactly do we need two associations to do one job? Better spending the money on coaching and training facilities!:agree:

Steve20
12-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Na. I read it differently. To me 5th place only gets a EL place if the final is contested by two teams already in via SPL placings. That's not the case so runner-up will get the 3rd EL place...

5th place gets into Europe if Utd win the cup.

greenlex
12-04-2010, 09:33 AM

Europa League

Based on the bit in bold winning the cup gets entry into europe a stage later than third in the league. Surely Utd will grab that route to the Europa League. That would leave Ross County out of europe if Utd win the cup. If that happened then 5th place would get the third spot or am I reading too much into it. In short winning the cup is deemed higher than third in the league for euro qualification.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Na. I read it differently. To me 5th place only gets a EL place if the final is contested by two teams already in via SPL placings. That's not the case so runner-up will get the 3rd EL place...
I agree with that.

Keith_M
12-04-2010, 09:37 AM
5th place gets into Europe if Utd win the cup.......

...but don't finish second (therefore qualifying for the CL).

J-C
12-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Right lets see if we can clear this up.

Ross Co will only get into Europe if they......
a. win the cup.
b. Dundee U wins the cup and gets 2nd in the league.

If Dundee U wins the cup and finish 3rd, Europa spots will go to 4th and 5th in the league.

Steve20
12-04-2010, 09:48 AM
...but don't finish second (therefore qualifying for the CL).

Yes, you are right. I keep forgetting they are only five behind Celtic.

MixuMac
12-04-2010, 11:30 AM
According to The Scotsman there are only 2 ways for Ross County to qualify for the Europe:

1. Win the Scottish Cup
2. Dundee Utd finish second in the league and therefore go into the Champions League

If Dundee Utd finish 3rd in the league & win the cup then the place in Europe goes to 5th spot in the SPL

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Euro-spot--not-guaranteed.6219020.jp (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Euro-spot--not-guaranteed.6219020.jp)

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2010, 11:30 AM

i wonder if some of the posters on here that were wanting sellick to get beat on saturday are now wanting sellick to lose out on 2nd position to the arabs now ?:rolleyes: if sellick had won on saturday we wouldn't be in the position of sweating for other scenarios to go our way :grr: mind you though....that's assuming we get 4th or 5th spot :boo hoo:

SidBurns
13-04-2010, 09:56 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=142&newsID=5732

CONFIRMED

Keith_M
13-04-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=142&newsID=5732

CONFIRMED

Great!

:thumbsup:

Can we now have the thread title changed so as it's not so misleading?

Ritchie
13-04-2010, 10:07 AM
i told you all this on saturday!!!!!! :grr:

:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
13-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Take it they will use pittodrie if they qualify then?

GreenPJ
13-04-2010, 01:34 PM
To make it simple - if we finish 4th we are in Europe. Doesn't matter who finishes second or who wins the cup.

Toaods
13-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I hope County win the Scottish then. Would be nice to see people enjoying it for what it is and having a great adventure next season, one match or not.

Can't stand United with their lumbering giants and Yam connections.

Why should 5th place in as poor a league as we have get any reward?

'mon the County..!! :thumbsup:

Owain_1987
13-04-2010, 02:05 PM

I think your right sure they said after last year it would be the last year the losing finalist get in to Europe.

Woody1985
13-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm not fussed who wins the cup but it would be good for Dundee Utd since they were cheated out of the cup against Rangers.

I think your right sure they said after last year it would be the last year the losing finalist get in to Europe.

See the post #74.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...42&newsID=5732 (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=142&newsID=5732)

blueisthecolour
13-04-2010, 03:07 PM

Look at the opposition they put out, if the opposition could have beaten them then they would be looking at helping the coefficient, but they were not good enough, so imagine what a euro team would do to teams that county beat:wink:

JimBHibees
13-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Look at the opposition they put out, if the opposition could have beaten them then they would be looking at helping the coefficient, but they were not good enough, so imagine what a euro team would do to teams that county beat:wink:

Yep who could say whether they would do any better or worse than teams they have beaten in the cup run or teams that humiliate the Scottish game in Europe on an annual basis such as Rangers. :greengrin

blueisthecolour
13-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Yep who could say whether they would do any better or worse than teams they have beaten in the cup run or teams that humiliate the Scottish game in Europe on an annual basis such as Rangers. :greengrin

Thats true, but when teams are humiliated in europe they then come back to scotland and win tropheys:wink: well some do:wink:

JimBHibees
13-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Thats true, but when teams are humiliated in europe they then come back to scotland and win tropheys:wink: well some do:wink:

Your not wrong.