PDA

View Full Version : Five Games To Save The Season (Ticket Sales)

Mikey
11-04-2010, 03:48 PM
There's no doubt that the board will be backing the manager by allowing him to make the changes he feels he needs to make in the summer.

Equally, from reading the boards recently, there's no doubt that the manager has lost a section of the support. It's not as bad as Mixu, who had lost pretty much everyone just before he left, but his popularity is on the slide.

To win these supporters over again I reckon he has to do two things in the last five games.......

... Put out a team that competes against the opposition.

... Make the right changes when they are needed.

If he gets part one right he may not even have to do part two!

If we slump to a series of heavy defeats there is undoubtedly going to be a drop off (again) of season ticket sales.

It's up to him to stop teams scoring 4 or 5 goals against us. It's up to him to stop teams having 60%+ possession in games. It's up to him to get the fans back onside and in the right frame of mind to buy a season ticket.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Other than putting Bamba and Murray into midfied, then leaving us with the worst back 4 in SPL history, i cant see how we can compete any differently. We just dont have the players with sufficient desire.

smurf
11-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I feel utter despair at the moment. Off the park the club is doing a lot right. The 10 month interest free scheme is an example of the hard work and excellent direction of the club.

On the park we have so called professionals who find lots to laugh and joke about a few minutes after TOTAL humiliation against the might of Hamilton.

And they are managed by a manager who appears clueless and devoid of answers and solutions.

Therefore, i fear for the rest of the season and its impact on season ticket sales.

Also, if this form and results extends right until the end of the summer i'm not so convinced that the board will be prepared to back Hughes this summer. Not saying they'll sack him but any resulting fudge on the issue will only make things worse.

I'm struggling to see positivity.:confused:

BT58
11-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Other than putting Bamba and Murray into midfied, then leaving us with the worst back 4 in SPL history, i cant see how we can compete any differently. We just dont have the players with sufficient desire.

is bamba not out fer 3 games????
as fer his 4-3-3 that should be punted
play all the games 4-5-1
time to bring in brown as goalie,surely cant be as bad as the others
hb

noseyhibby
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM

I agree. In fact, Yogi could put 10 players in the midfield and we'd still lose the battle as the desire and fight is simply not there.

hibiedude
11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Bamba's 3 game ban looms so not sure how or where points are going to be gained.

the 4-3-3 formation just dosen't work but tell that to Yogi

The players are just going through the motions and apart from Murray who's going to step up and take charge ?

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
is bamba not out fer 3 games????
as fer his 4-3-3 that should be punted
play all the games 4-5-1
time to bring in brown as goalie,surely cant be as bad as the others
hb

His three match ban doesn't kick in until next Sunday so he will be available for the Celtic match next Saturday and then he will miss the Rangers, Hearts and Motherwell matches before returning for the last match of the season against Dundee Utd.

Liam Miller is suspended for next week.

Toaods
11-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I'll be renewing our season tickets whether or not Yogi is in charge.

The performance has to improve greatly and fast or there will be about 300 at away games and a crap atmosphere at ER until heads roll en-masse.

The pitch is crap and the team not much better, so I hope the club aren't banking on a surge of interest for season ticket applications from new punters. With a new stand on teh way this brutal run is causing considerable damage to the platform of support we could have reaonably expected.

With 3rd place gone on all but paper, 4th looks extremely unlikely and 5th irrelevant in the grand scheme of things with Ross County confirmed for the Europa Cup.

The damage a gubbing at ER by the Yams would bring is unthinkable other than the board having to take the severest of action, to ensure the slide is arrested by the manager or his replacement.

mim
11-04-2010, 07:05 PM
With 3rd place gone on all but paper, 4th looks extremely unlikely and 5th irrelevant in the grand scheme of things with Ross County confirmed for the Europa Cup.

There is no way in the world that the winning and losing cup finalists qualify for the Europa League, unless qualifying by league position. There is ONE qualification spot from the Scottish Cup, which would only go to the runners up if the winners have qualified for the Champions League.

Ross County can only qualify by winning the cup or if Dundee United qualify for the Champions League.

hibeedonald
11-04-2010, 07:18 PM
There is no way in the world that the winning and losing cup finalists qualify for the Europa League, unless qualifying by league position. There is ONE qualification spot from the Scottish Cup, which would only go to the runners up if the winners have qualified for the Champions League.

Ross County can only qualify by winning the cup or if Dundee United qualify for the Champions League.

no because the spot united have for Europa league in 3rd is better than entrance for the scottish club, therefore they dont take it and ross county get it?

Toaods
11-04-2010, 07:20 PM

I had only read headlines that Ross County had made it. seems you are right....

http://andrewstothers.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/ross-countys-euro-ambition/ (http://andrewstothers.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/ross-countys-euro-ambition/)

so Hearts can still make Europe and us fail...:rolleyes:

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 08:56 AM
To be honest (despite what club claimed at focus group last week regarding renewals) I do not think performances will make much difference to season ticket sales - were saying in pub on Saturday even if we signed Messi, Ronaldo and Henry we would still not get season tickets (and were only half joking!).

Larger capacity, price increases, likelihood of inferior atmosphere, plus people waiting to see what new stand is like before committing means there is very little incentive to buy season tickets. And that is before even discussing recent performances, although they will hardly help.

Performances will be a lot more critical in future once club has a higher proportion of pay at gate fans than currently.

Jim44
12-04-2010, 09:08 AM
I had only read headlines that Ross County had made it. seems you are right....

http://andrewstothers.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/ross-countys-euro-ambition/ (http://andrewstothers.wordpress.com/2010/04/11/ross-countys-euro-ambition/)

so Hearts can still make Europe and us fail...:rolleyes:

Even although we are 6 points ahead of them, I wonder if the bookies will still make them favourites to beat us to fifth place.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Even although we are 6 points ahead of them, I wonder if the bookies will still make them favourites to beat us to fifth place.

They will be favourites if they beat us, and right now i can see that happening.:bitchy: