PDA

View Full Version : Making Hibs harder to beat

Jones28
11-04-2010, 12:10 PM
How?

We have plenty good goal scorers in the team.

We were hard for Celtic to beat.

How do we do this week in week out?

Ps: I am not John Hughes :greengrin

Vini1875
11-04-2010, 12:31 PM
We go 4-5-1 and stop thinking we are better than we are. Every time we lose the players have to be in training for a full day, well 9am until 3pm. Win they get a break, at least they are in for the normal couple of hours, lose and they have to work harder.

yekimevol
11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
you put some muscles in the middle of the park so that way the ball does not automatically come straight back players murray,bamba. Get the ball wide we have the players to get this into our game and we do have them in the form of galbraith, wortherspoon, gow (could maybe), byrne (i know its ironic with what i say about derek but hes got pace and crossing ability), not bloody riordan who is a striker and would grab a few more if he was up top with stokes. also lets get the ball moving quicker and using all the pitch.

squad

gk, brown, stack
lb currie, hanlon, murray
cb murray, hogg, thicot,hanlon, bamba
rb mccormack, mccann
lm galbraith,gow
cm bamba, murray(one must be here in the first eleven) miller, rankin, mcbride cregg
rm wortherspoon, byrne
fw riordan, stokes, benji, nish

we do have the squad to play a system similar to what mogga played. even if we dont play the same most players know where to play in a 442 with one cm comming back and brakeing up the play(bamba, murray) and one looking to make the play and get foward (miller, rankin and cregg). it will work !!!:agree:

CapitalHibs
11-04-2010, 03:13 PM
To be successful in the SPL, we need to sign players with the basic intangibles. Hard working, resilient, tough and selfless. No amount of footballing skill will get you to the top without these attributes.

noseyhibby
12-04-2010, 09:36 AM
11 standing on the goal line usually works. It's a bit of an Alamo/Rorkes Drift-Zulu situation and painful on the eyes, but we should keep a few clean sheets.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 09:38 AM
4-4-2 and get Riordan upfront.

The Tubs
12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
I totally agree with the point made about Byrne. This is how Mowbray managed to get Fletcher, Riordan and O'Connor in the Hibs team most weeks. Byrne would do the running that Riordan's never likely to do.

GlesgaeHibby
12-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Stack
McCann Hogg Hanlon Murray
Wotherspoon Miller Bamba McBride Galbraith
Stokes

*If all players are fit and available

That side would give us a solid enough back four, Bamba can win the ball in midfield, Miller and McBride can make the passes and the two wide men can provide the service for Stokes.

500miles
12-04-2010, 05:09 PM
We are too easy to beat, and our own desire to play in a certain way, with certain players, has been out downfall.

Unless Lennon makes some real changes at Celtic within the next few weeks, then they are our best chance of points. They let the opposition play, and focus primarily on themselves getting forward. This leaves them open to buckling under pressure, which is the very same thing we have been guilty of. If we want to grind out points, our best team is (IMO)

.......................Stack
..W'spoon....Hogg...Bamba.Stevenson
......Miller....Cregg.....Thicot....Murray
...................Nish.Stokes

CiscoKid
12-04-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm sick an tired of hearing how we need to be bigger and stronger, I just think we simply have a few lazy players who don't work hard enough.

I'm not saying we are anything like them but look at Barcelona they don't really have any physical presence but they absolutely work their socks off to press teams and get the ball back when they loose possession.

We have a few guys who think they are too good to be bothered with the dirty work of tracking down and pressing, once you get a few players with that attitude it breaks the heart of the others and you end up with a team like we currently have with no work ethic, who are easy to play against and easy meat even for the likes of Hamilton Accies.

fife hfc
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm sick an tired of hearing how we need to be bigger and stronger, I just think we simply have a few lazy players who don't work hard enough.
I'm not saying we are anything like them but look at Barcelona they don't really have any physical presence but they absolutely work their socks off to press teams and get the ball back when they loose possession.

We have a few guys who think they are too good to be bothered with the dirty work of tracking down and pressing, once you get a few players with that attitude it breaks the heart of the others and you end up with a team like we currently have with no work ethic, who are easy to play against and easy meat even for the likes of Hamilton Accies.

:top marks

This is the problem and if hughes does not drop them we will struggle. I hate to single players out but stokes and Deek are two strikers that hate hard work and therefore we can not defend from the front like other teams.

But the biggest problem is Yogi he has a way he wants his team to play but does not have the players for to play his system. he needs to wake up and play a system that suits the players and maybe we will be harder to beat.