PDA

View Full Version : David Moyes on Goals on Sunday

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Sometimes you've got to be publicly critical of your players. You've got to let the fans know you can see what they can see. sounds about right, over to you Yogi.

DaveF
11-04-2010, 06:00 PM
I heard that too but, IIRC, he said it with several caveats.

The discussion cropped up as a result of them talking about Lennon and his criticism of Celtc players, but it was agreed that it was easy for a caretaker manager to blast players as he has very little to lose in terms making a go of it.

While Moyes agreed there were times to be honest with the fans, he also stated it was a difficult thing to call correctly. In our situation, Hughes needs the current crop for the next 5 games, then he might well be honest with everyone after that......

Franck is God
11-04-2010, 07:36 PM
I was watching that too and listening to him talking about Everton and what he's been through in his eight years in charge made me more positive that Yogi needs time to build his own Hibs team.

We have 5 more games to play this season, he will have seen how every player in the squad has dealt with the season as a whole, who has the ability and attitude to push onwards and upwards and who is happy with where they are.

Stability is what Hibs need right now, we have a good manager in charge and we need to give him the time it takes to build a top side.

Hibercelona
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I fear Yogi may have already warned certain individuals that they will be out the door in the summer, so thats why they arent performing.

Not 100% sure. But just what I think may have happened.

brydekirk
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I heard that too but, IIRC, he said it with several caveats.

The discussion cropped up as a result of them talking about Lennon and his criticism of Celtc players, but it was agreed that it was easy for a caretaker manager to blast players as he has very little to lose in terms making a go of it.

While Moyes agreed there were times to be honest with the fans, he also stated it was a difficult thing to call correctly. In our situation, Hughes needs the current crop for the next 5 games, then he might well be honest with everyone after that......
:agree: