PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think was the last manager we sacked?

KWJ
11-04-2010, 05:35 AM
If you think Mixu, you're wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/scottishpremier/hibernian/5408828/Mixu-Paatelainen-resigns-as-Hibs-manager.html

If you think Collins, you're wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7153893.stm

If you think Blobby, you're wrong.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/hibernian-manager-heads-to-plymouth-williamson-between-a-rock-and-a-hard-place-ahead-of-interview-1.88203

It was in fact Frankie Boy.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sauzeeleaveshibs/Time-runs-out-fast-on.2304607.jp

Just wanted to clarify it having seen a few posts saying our current form was enough for Mixu etc to be sacked.

From what I can make out Petrie's first major involvement in the managerial front was Mogga and all from there on in.

Mogga was perfect, Collins a brave and interesting follow up that brought success, Mixu was rather indifferent with some decent results surrounded by some horrific fitbaw and so far Yogi has us sitting 4th with a mixture of impressive results, woeful results and some awful football.

Petrie hasn't sacked anybody, IMO his appointments have been decent, we're better than before his reign as Chairman of the club. The one big success we couldn't hold on to and it seems, wasn't that good in the end anyway.

We can't bring in proven managers. If we go for somebody with a good bit of managerial experience I'd be shocked if we can get anybody that hasn't had a sacking under their belt. Top managers like Moyes for example start with the risk factor we had with all of our managerial signings only we can't hold on to the ones that are successes.

I'm still behind Yogi and I understand the frustration of those that aren't, especially the guys that are following the team to matches and having to watch the dross.

It was widely quoted that Yogi was up against Jim Gannon and before that Paul Simpson was in the frame. There's no way we can be confident another manager is going to improve us.

If we want him to go because of our form in the last 13 does that mean we want Craig Brown in?

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Mixu left by mutual consent, which basically means he was told he was not good enough to be manager

KWJ
11-04-2010, 07:06 AM
He resigned and it was accepted. He wasn't about to get the bullet in the close season.

CallumLaidlaw
11-04-2010, 07:45 AM
were we not led to believe that Mixu was basically advised to resign to keep some reputation for himself.

I remember when we appointed Mixu, apparently Alan Irvine was in the frame. I thought at the time, and still think that he would have been a decent appointment.

Calvin
11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
I think it was definitely a case of "Mixu, you're resigned"

Mikey
11-04-2010, 09:30 AM
He resigned and it was accepted. He wasn't about to get the bullet in the close season.

That's the official line.

He was sacked.

scoopyboy
11-04-2010, 09:32 AM

Mixu had a choice, resign or you are sacked.

No two ways about it.

yekimevol
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
rod has ah way of getting rid off a manager for as cheap as possible, its called your no getting any cash for players but i want 3rd. they leave for a lot less than sacking them

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Paatelainen was definitely advised to leave last year. If he hadn't done that then he would almost certainly have been sacked.

KWJ
11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
bugger :greengrin

Cropley10
11-04-2010, 01:54 PM

You know this how?

Mr Petrie did the decent thing, he let him resign IMO. Might have had something do with ST renewals or the lack of, lack of funds for new players. He's got a tough choice this time. Mixu had us playing hoofball but we didn't have us getting horsed like this.