PDA

View Full Version : The derby results may swing it for me

Cameron1875
11-04-2010, 02:53 AM
when yogi was appointed i hoped for blood an guts an get into those jambos bassas. but the totally gutless an awful performances against them maybe he isnt the man for the job. I'd love go give him time but he will be lucky to see the season out.

scotty1875
11-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Me too. I was shocked by the lack of fight in the derby performances (let alone the other matches since Feb).

Yogi would have been up for it with his team talks on derby days so why didn't the team perform?

a) so long as they receive their wages, the players we have don't give a monkeys about - pride / playing for the badge / derby record?

b) they have the passion but can't play to Yogis "tactics" and heads go down quickly during games?

c) Yogi has "lost" the dressing room?

Cabbage East
11-04-2010, 08:21 AM
We've got one left, let's see what happens. I've a feeling we'll see exactly what Yogi's about.

And that 'lost the dressing room' spiel is a lazy quote trotted out by ****** pundits.

greenlex
11-04-2010, 08:30 AM
We will get 4 points post split and 3 of them will be from our game against them at ER. It will be enough for 5th by the way. Can't wait for the season to end. :(

scotty1875
11-04-2010, 08:44 AM
We've got one left, let's see what happens. I've a feeling we'll see exactly what Yogi's about.

And that 'lost the dressing room' spiel is a lazy quote trotted out by ****** pundits.

How very dare you - I'm not a pundit....but I am lazy and ******ed :wink:

The next derby will be a good indicator.

We never lost a derby with Sauzee as a player or manager. Was our squad any better back then though - I don't know that it was?

I thought Yogi would have matched that for a season or two especially with our squad on paper compared to the Jambos

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
11-04-2010, 08:45 AM

I've not seen anything for months now to suggest we will beat hertz - yogi is lacking the tactical know how to change how we play, the performances are getting worse and have pursuaded me to pick n choose my games next season rather than commit to a season ticket. This is the worse SPL in terms of quality in recent history yet we are set get nowt with the final humiliation of hertz beating us to the euro spot. IF that happens yogi shld get the bullet, the players are there he just can't suss out the blinding obvious i.e. Play players in there natural position (riordan for nish) & man up our midfield (bamba) instead of filling it with umpalumpas!!! Rant over :)

If Only
11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Me too. I was shocked by the lack of fight in the derby performances (let alone the other matches since Feb).

Yogi would have been up for it with his team talks on derby days so why didn't the team perform?

a) so long as they receive their wages, the players we have don't give a monkeys about - pride / playing for the badge / derby record?

b) they have the passion but can't play to Yogis "tactics" and heads go down quickly during games?

c) Yogi has "lost" the dressing room?

(d) maybe there not as good as some people think they are.

Www1875hfc
11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I've not seen anything for months now to suggest we will beat hertz - yogi is lacking the tactical know how to change how we play, the performances are getting worse and have pursuaded me to pick n choose my games next season rather than commit to a season ticket. This is the worse SPL in terms of quality in recent history yet we are set get nowt with the final humiliation of hertz beating us to the euro spot. IF that happens yogi shld get the bullet, the players are there he just can't suss out the blinding obvious i.e. Play players in there natural position (riordan for nish) & man up our midfield (bamba) instead of filling it with umpalumpas!!! Rant over :)

On the season ticket issue?
I think a lot of Hibs fans will pick and choose their games next season,as to buying a season ticket,lets face it,we cant even sell out the 3 stands as it is never mind a brand new east stand.
Its not as if you'll never get a ticket.

bobbyhibs1983
11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
On the season ticket issue?
I think a lot of Hibs fans will pick and choose their games next season,as to buying a season ticket,lets face it,we cant even sell out the 3 stands as it is never mind a brand new east stand.
Its not as if you'll never get a ticket.

Wasn't there a thread in the last week or 2(around the time the st prices were annouced for next season) about are /aren't you buying one next season and iirc most ppl would get one?

I could be wrong, but i reckon st's will remain in and around the same number bought for this season for next season.

As a few posters have said the enxt derby is a big test, as all derbies are.
Ask most fans recently what the biggest problem is and im sure msot will agree its the lack of fight, lack of passion, lack of heart so to speak.

i think most fans at any club will be upset losing, but if there team showed alot of fight, guts and a will to will then im sure everyone would feel upbeat.

just now it seems the players have none

yekimevol
11-04-2010, 10:59 AM
quick question then when mixu sent the b team to sw!niecastle, and stopped the old firm at easter road where u willing to give him another season to attempt to fix it ? eh

Jim44
11-04-2010, 11:02 AM
when yogi was appointed i hoped for blood an guts an get into those jambos bassas. but the totally gutless an awful performances against them maybe he isnt the man for the job. I'd love go give him time but he will be lucky to see the season out.

If Hughes and his team don't get any results from the last five games there can be no debate. He's offski.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 11:24 AM
If people are basing their opinion on whether Hughes should stay or go on the forthcoming derby performance then I think they may be left disappointed.

We may have better individual players than Hearts but I'm afraid that in recent months, they have been a far more solid unit and have also been a better team than us.

I can't see any way that we will beat them, when we play them in a couple of weeks. Most of our players have practically given up for this season and most of them might as well be sitting on a Spanish beach, knocking back the pints. Hearts might not be any better but at least they seem to have some kind of spirit about them and we all know that they usually save their best results and performances for derby day.

The performance by Hibs in the last derby was one of the worst that I have ever seen by a Hibs team and the 2-1 scoreline didn't even come close to telling the whole story of how the game transpired that day.

I don't think it's fair to sack (or back) Hughes on the back of one match. You need to look at the bigger picture (i.e. results and performances over the whole season) and then make a decision on that basis.

K.Marx
11-04-2010, 07:19 PM
slightly off topic...are hearts getting offered half the stand or just half of the lower?

Bohemian_Hibee
11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Even more off-topice (and I'm guessing it's mentioned elsewhere).........

but has anyone noticed that the Hertz game on May 1st is listed on the Official Website for a MIDNIGHT kick-off?

Sounds good to me..:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
11-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Even more off-topice (and I'm guessing it's mentioned elsewhere).........

but has anyone noticed that the Hertz game on May 1st is listed on the Official Website for a MIDNIGHT kick-off?

Sounds good to me..:thumbsup:

That's because there is currently no confirmed kick-off time for the match.

Toaods
11-04-2010, 10:37 PM

...who are mainly either ex-players or spend time sitting alongside them. I think the term makes it quite clear that when such a thing happens your finished.

jabis
11-04-2010, 10:43 PM
:yawn:

same sh*t...same crap!

:hnet:

(apologies to the posters who actually SUPPORT Hibs)

Bohemian_Hibee
11-04-2010, 10:52 PM
That's because there is currently no confirmed kick-off time for the match.

Guessed that much, but leaving the boozer at closing time and then going to watch Hibs sounds like an altogether more attractive proposition to me :greengrin

Beefster
12-04-2010, 08:56 AM
How very dare you - I'm not a pundit....but I am lazy and ******ed :wink:

The next derby will be a good indicator.

We never lost a derby with Sauzee as a player or manager. Was our squad any better back then though - I don't know that it was?

I thought Yogi would have matched that for a season or two especially with our squad on paper compared to the Jambos

The vast majority of the players we have now aren't fit to lace the boots of Sauzee, Latapy, Laursen, O'Neil, Zitelli etc. Even Murray isn't a patch on the Murray of ten years ago.