PDA

View Full Version : Lennon's quotes could apply to Hibs

Vince White
10-04-2010, 11:44 PM
"There are things you can give players - information, tactics - but there are two things you can't give them - hunger and desire, and we were found wanting."

That's what really saddens me about the whole sorry mess Hibs are in now. The fact that the players appear to have zero hunger and desire to do anything about it. Why on earth is this? They are at a well run club with great facilities and had got themselves into a terrific position in the league. As soon as it starts to go wrong that's it. Just give up. I used to have respect for players who pulled on our famous green and white shirt. Now I actually resent them.

Bookkeeper
10-04-2010, 11:47 PM
The lack of hunger and desire in the team has been evident all season.

marinello59
11-04-2010, 12:30 AM
I was hoping the quote would be "All you need is love."

Cameron1875
11-04-2010, 03:00 AM
i like lennon. In some peoples eyes he may be a tosser but he is spot on an the match next sat is gonna be very interesting. 2 teams going through the motions with attendance maybe 20k. Count me out.

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 03:18 AM
This kind of interview has been required by Yogi all season long. The 'I dont want to patronise the fans but....' script has been long worn out. I was very impressed by the honesty of Lennon today. Yogi could learn much from that for me.

KWJ
11-04-2010, 06:59 AM
I thought we showed just as much hunger and desire as Celtic when we played them. Not saying much obviously.

That saying, us losing to Ross County is a whole different thing to Celtic losing to them for their only chance at silverware.

Least we took them to a replay :wink:

Glad we're not saying we want Lenny on the basis that he can give a better post match verdict on a horrific defeat.

erin go bragh
11-04-2010, 07:06 AM
The lack of hunger and desire in the team has been evident all season.
what about our 12 matches without defeat earlier in the season:confused:

hibiedude
11-04-2010, 07:23 AM
If Lennon is given the celtic job half that team won't be there next season unfortunately we'll still have Yogi

CallumLaidlaw
11-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Its funny how we all have the same thoughts on this one. I didnt really like Lennon, but thought his after match interview was terrific, and was left thinking "I wish Yogi could be this honest".

The scary thing would be if Yogi DID actually mean what he said. That would be more worrying than anything else.

GloryGlory
11-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Its funny how we all have the same thoughts on this one. I didnt really like Lennon, but thought his after match interview was terrific, and was left thinking "I wish Yogi could be this honest".

The scary thing would be if Yogi DID actually mean what he said. That would be more worrying than anything else.

:agree: :agree:

The scary thing is that Yogi said in an interview around January that there wouldn't be many changes in the squad, if any, over the close season! I sincerely hope that he has revised that opinion substantially.

cabbage07
11-04-2010, 07:53 AM
:agree: :agree:

The scary thing is that Yogi said in an interview around January that there wouldn't be many changes in the squad, if any, over the close season! I sincerely hope that he has revised that opinion substantially.

Whats going to change like? he cant see all season that his formations arent working so how will he know over the summer.
All this crap in interviews "i know where i want to go " .
That right yogi do you know that Deek isnt a left midfielder?
Did you know that we needed a Rb and ch in january ?
I dont like idea of sacking a manager but come onto ****! can anyone see the trend here? Mixu collins yogi ? cheap option does not work either that Petrie stops taking the interviews and let a fitba man decide at the club who gets the job.
I would love yogi to turn it around but i just cant see it happening .

CallumLaidlaw
11-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Whats going to change like? he cant see all season that his formations arent working so how will he know over the summer.
All this crap in interviews "i know where i want to go " .
That right yogi do you know that Deek isnt a left midfielder?
Did you know that we needed a Rb and ch in january ?
I dont like idea of sacking a manager but come onto ****! can anyone see the trend here? Mixu collins yogi ? cheap option does not work either that Petrie stops taking the interviews and let a fitba man decide at the club who gets the job.
I would love yogi to turn it around but i just cant see it happening .

You say we've gone for the cheap option, but which EXPENSIVE option would take the job?
Also, I dont think Yogi was the cheap option. There was plenty out of work managers that wouldve been cheaper.

And finally, I think Collins & Yogi in particular, wouldve impressed a football man in an interview, never mind Petrie, I doubt you can blame him.
Did Willie Miller do a better job appointing Aberdeens last manager?

cabbage07
11-04-2010, 08:35 AM
You say we've gone for the cheap option, but which EXPENSIVE option would take the job?
Also, I dont think Yogi was the cheap option. There was plenty out of work managers that wouldve been cheaper.

And finally, I think Collins & Yogi in particular, wouldve impressed a football man in an interview, never mind Petrie, I doubt you can blame him.
Did Willie Miller do a better job appointing Aberdeens last manager?

So what your saying a more experienced manager isnt the answer?
If we got levein do you think we would be in this mess?
Jeffries has turn hearts round.
So if Pertrie gets another manager in who is piss its not his fault because he cant see the wood from the trees ?
A club hibs size should be going for managers with a better pedigree .

Hakim Sar
11-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Was considering posting this myself - thought lennons interview was class and cut to the core of sellicks problems

we have forwards that are scared to score and are too soft
we have gone out of every competition with a whimper
we have players who are scared to get hurt
We have no leaders and nobody is willing to take the game by the scruff of the neck and that is why tony mowbray is no longer manager

hear hear

Gettin' Auld
11-04-2010, 09:28 AM
This kind of interview has been required by Yogi all season long. The 'I dont want to patronise the fans but....' script has been long worn out. I was very impressed by the honesty of Lennon today. Yogi could learn much from that for me.
:agree: I hope that Yogi feels the same way.............Maybe Lennon finds it easier to "speak out" as he's just the caretaker gaffer?

steakbake
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
:agree: I hope that Yogi feels the same way.............Maybe Lennon finds it easier to "speak out" as he's just the caretaker gaffer?

Maybe, but I heard a comment on the radio to the effect that the interview after that match was Lennon's job interview and he passed it with flying colours.

Some of the reactions of the sellick fans were just hilarious on TV last night, blaming him and saying he should go. Lennon has only been in for 2-3 weeks after St Tony got found out. He's inherited Mowbray's team of no-hopers, including a pish defence - something he never got right when he was at ER as well.

They could do far worse with far more high profile managers than giving Lennon the manager's gig.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Yogi will be feeling the same way as lennon, he will also have the same thoughts. The difference being, Yogi will be allowed to get rid of the duffers he has, Lennon wont. He can say what he wants, it makes no difference.

I would bet Yogi would love to be getting stuck right into his player in front of the cameras, but that wont do him any good. You can bet your last penny, he will be ripping into them at east mains, but he needs these players on his side until the end of the season, unlike Lennon, who wont be the smellies manager next season.

We need a major clear out next season, i know it, most people on here know it, and the manager will know it.

Judas Iscariot
11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Lennon was spot on and clearly RAGING with his players..

We could do with our manager having the same attitude..

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Lennon was spot on and clearly RAGING with his players..

We could do with our manager having the same attitude..

Do you know if our manager is is not raging?

steakbake
11-04-2010, 10:29 AM

I think he probably is, but finds himself in the position of not being able to do anything about it.

I didn't like his post-match interview yesterday one bit. It was hot air and not far off the sort of pish Mixu came out with when it started to unravel for him. How he can have a laugh with a journalist after our team got a doing off Hamilton, I don't know.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I think he probably is, but finds himself in the position of not being able to do anything about it.

I didn't like his post-match interview yesterday one bit. It was hot air and not far off the sort of pish Mixu came out with when it started to unravel for him. How he can have a laugh with a journalist after our team got a doing off Hamilton, I don't know.

Its his way, he will be raging, but he does not want the world to know. What managers say to the press means nothing. They are compulsive liars, and i take anything they say with a pinch of salt. You are right though, he cant do much about whats happening. There is only 4 players in yesterdays side, I'd keep for next season, and one of them will be away. Serious work needs done with this team.

TornadoHibby
11-04-2010, 10:49 AM

Well Yogi said in his post match interview that he chose the "cool, calm and collected! approach rather than the "shouting and screaming" one so that was a pretty good clue don't ya think BH? :wink:

Or is this Yogi, the wonder sports psychologist, sending us all on a wild goose chase so that he can do the exact opposite from what he says!?:cool2:

But then again, a further clue that he didn't do as Lennon seems to have done was that several of our players were" warming down" on the Hamilton pitch "laughing and joking" amongst each other appearing, in the words of the BBC Radio commentators, that "they didn't seem to be giving a ****" about the result and that they really didn't seem to appreciate what "this result meant for Hibernian FC"! :cool2:

Why not just stick to what you can see here and stop "postulating" about what you think Hughes "might be doing" when you know hee haw about it in the same way that the rest of us would appear to! :confused:

Whatever will be will be and Mr Petrie will see to that when the time is right IMO! :confused:

Arch Stanton
11-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't think it is any coincidence that the underperforming teams yesterday played with depleted midfields. Lennon said something about what he had maybe got wrong and needed to put right which sounds like a good idea.

boomtownhibby
11-04-2010, 10:55 AM
anyone got a link to see this in full ?

EasterRoad4Ever
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
"There are things you can give players - information, tactics - but there are two things you can't give them - hunger and desire, and we were found wanting."

That's what really saddens me about the whole sorry mess Hibs are in now. The fact that the players appear to have zero hunger and desire to do anything about it. Why on earth is this? They are at a well run club with great facilities and had got themselves into a terrific position in the league. As soon as it starts to go wrong that's it. Just give up. I used to have respect for players who pulled on our famous green and white shirt. Now I actually resent them.

facilities and pay don't generate hunger and a winning attitude - that's what we have a Manager for.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Well Yogi said in his post match interview that he chose the "cool, calm and collected! approach rather than the "shouting and screaming" one so that was a pretty good clue don't ya think BH? :wink:

Or is this Yogi, the wonder sports psychologist, sending us all on a wild goose chase so that he can do the exact opposite from what he says!?:cool2:

But then again, a further clue that he didn't do as Lennon seems to have done was that several of our players were" warming down" on the Hamilton pitch "laughing and joking" amongst each other appearing, in the words of the BBC Radio commentators, that "they didn't seem to be giving a ****" about the result and that they really didn't seem to appreciate what "this result meant for Hibernian FC"! :cool2:

Why not just stick to what you can see here and stop "postulating" about what you think Hughes "might be doing" when you know hee haw about it in the same way that the rest of us would appear to! :confused:

Whatever will be will be and Mr Petrie will see to that when the time is right IMO! :confused:
As i said earlier, what a manager says to the press is one thing. What they say to the players is completely different. I'm sure if he finds out about the players larking about during the warm down, he will try and get to the bottom of it

Antifa Hibs
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I can't stand Lennon, despise the wee barstewards infact, but you've got to admire the passion he had for Celtic, never once taking it for granted the position he was in, playing for the jersey and fans every game. The only one you could compare to that is Ian Murray, I reckon he would be the only one bothered about yesterdays result, the only one gutted as much as us. The rest? won't be ersed one little bit, happy to pick up their pay packet.

TheEastTerrace
11-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Never been a fan of Lennon, but I was very impressed with the interviews he did yesterday. Very honest, accepted accountability, and without spitting feathers, made it plainly clear that the players should be ashamed of the performance. God, it was even a refreshing interview and devoid of the usual management speak. He told it as everyone else saw it.

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 11:56 AM
As i said earlier, what a manager says to the press is one thing. What they say to the players is completely different. I'm sure if he finds out about the players larking about during the warm down, he will try and get to the bottom of it

Well he owes it to the fans to be more honest. He is riling almost every Hibby I know with his after match pish week in week out.

Vince White
11-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Never been a fan of Lennon, but I was very impressed with the interviews he did yesterday. Very honest, accepted accountability, and without spitting feathers, made it plainly clear that the players should be ashamed of the performance. God, it was even a refreshing interview and devoid of the usual management speak. He told it as everyone else saw it.

How about Lennon for Hibs manager? Might not be a popular choice but is it necessary to actually like your club's manager as a person? He might have been in charge for one of the worst results in Celtic's history yesterday but he had no qualms about letting the players know what a shower of wasters they are and he clearly has a better idea of what's acceptable and what's not than Yogi does. That, surely, is what we want to see from a manager. Somebody who refuses to accept humiliating results as just one of those things. IMHO Hibs losing to Ross County should be seen as every bit as unacceptable as Celtic losing to them, but it never will be because the Hibs players know there's no pressure on them to win games when most fans resign themselves to another miserable defeat with nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders and a 'same old Hibs.'

If Yogi really is ripping into the players behind the scenes where's the evidence of it having any effect on the pitch? Even if he has tried to give them a boot up the erse it's having no effect because the players obviously don't respect him. All this guff about 'I'm a chameleon, giving them a cuddle but secretly sizing them up'...it's nonsense. Any manager who had a clue about getting players to play for him would have arrested the slide by now. Instead we get worse with every passing week. I fail to see why anybody is still trying to defend him. He, and the players he's trying to manage, are indefensible.

Betty Boop
11-04-2010, 12:01 PM
How about Lennon for Hibs manager? Might not be a popular choice but is it necessary to actually like your club's manager as a person? He might have been in charge for one of the worst results in Celtic's history yesterday but he had no qualms about letting the players know what a shower of wasters they are and he clearly has a better idea of what's acceptable and what's not than Yogi does. That, surely, is what we want to see from a manager. Somebody who refuses to just accept humiliating results as just one of those things. IMHO Hibs losing to Ross County should be seen as every bit as unacceptable as Celtic losing to them but it never will be because the Hibs players know there's no pressure on them to win games when most fans resign themselves to another miserable defeat with nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders and a 'same old Hibs.'

If Yogi really is ripping into the players behind the scenes where's the evidence of it having any effect on the pitch? Even if he has tried to give them a boot up the erse it's having no effect because the players obviously don't respect him. All this guff about 'I'm a chameleon, giving them a cuddle but secretly sizing them up'...it's nonsense. Any manager who had a clue about getting players to play for him would have arrested the slide by now. Instead we get worse with every passing week. I fail to see why anybody is still trying to defend him. He, and the players he's trying to manage, are indefensible.

Did he not say "I'm a conman"? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Well he owes it to the fans to be more honest. He is riling almost every Hibby I know with his after match pish week in week out.

It does not bother me one bit what a manager says these days. Just as it did not bother me what he said when we were 3rd.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 12:04 PM
How about Lennon for Hibs manager? Might not be a popular choice but is it necessary to actually like your club's manager as a person? He might have been in charge for one of the worst results in Celtic's history yesterday but he had no qualms about letting the players know what a shower of wasters they are and he clearly has a better idea of what's acceptable and what's not than Yogi does. That, surely, is what we want to see from a manager. Somebody who refuses to accept humiliating results as just one of those things. IMHO Hibs losing to Ross County should be seen as every bit as unacceptable as Celtic losing to them, but it never will be because the Hibs players know there's no pressure on them to win games when most fans resign themselves to another miserable defeat with nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders and a 'same old Hibs.'

:faf: His team just lost to Ross county. You want to replace one manager who lost to Ross county, with another.:faf: Just because he got a wee bit angry. :top marks:top marks:faf::faf:

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 12:08 PM
It does not bother me one bit what a manager says these days. Just as it did not bother me what he said when we were 3rd.

When you've been at the game watching a pathetic display and Yogi is laughing and joking after the game it's a disgrace. There is a time and a place for such, and we should never be losing 4-1 at Hamilton. Its shocking.

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 12:09 PM
:faf: His team just lost to Ross county. You want to replace one manager who lost to Ross county, with another.:faf: Just because he got a wee bit angry. :top marks:top marks:faf::faf:

It's not really his team though, is it?

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
It's not really his team though, is it?

And never will be, thats why he can say what he likes.

Vince White
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM

He knows what it takes to be a winner though. Unlike Yogi, who sounds more like a stuck record every week. If, as seems, likely, Hibs continue to go down the road of appointing young, hungry managers Lennon would fit the bill. We got lucky with Mowbray and failed with Collins, Mixu and Hughes. We must be due a break in the lucky dip soon.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 12:44 PM
He knows what it takes to be a winner though. Unlike Yogi, who sounds more like a stuck record every week. If, as seems, likely, Hibs continue to go down the road of appointing young, hungry managers Lennon would fit the bill. We got lucky with Mowbray and failed with Collins, Mixu and Hughes. We must be due a break in the lucky dip soon.

Those winning quality's he had as a player, worked well for him yesterday right enough.:faf:

Judas Iscariot
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Seems far from it in his interviews, too busy laughing to appear raging

hibsdaft
11-04-2010, 01:22 PM

:agree:

i find him a very impressive communicator.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Seems far from it in his interviews, too busy laughing to appear raging

It appears he had the players in for training today. Thats not the actions of a happy manager. I think people take too much from what a manager says after a game. They lie managers, its part of the job description.

Vince White
11-04-2010, 02:43 PM
It appears he had the players in for training today. Thats not the actions of a happy manager. I think people take too much from what a manager says after a game. They lie managers, its part of the job description.

What do you think having the players in for training will achieve? If, as you say, most of what Yogi says to the media and the fans is a lie and there's some alternative communication going on with the players behind the scenes, wouldn't you think he'd have had some sort of reaction from them by now? From what they've produced on the pitch lately (eight points out of 33) it doesn't seem that lying to the media and the fans while bawling the players out in private is having any effect.

It's a sorry enough state of affairs that we look likely to drift out of the European places entirely, but things could get a lot more serious next season if Yogi stays in charge. Two wins from 13 games is relegation form and I've seen nothing from Yogi over the last couple of months to indicate we won't simply carry on in the same hapless vein next season.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 02:55 PM
What do you think having the players in for training will achieve? If, as you say, most of what Yogi says to the media and the fans is a lie and there's some alternative communication going on with the players behind the scenes, wouldn't you think he'd have had some sort of reaction from them by now? From what they've produced on the pitch lately (eight points out of 33) it doesn't seem that lying to the media and the fans while bawling the players out in private is having any effect.

It's a sorry enough state of affairs that we look likely to drift out of the European places entirely, but things could get a lot more serious next season if Yogi stays in charge. Two wins from 13 games is relegation form and I've seen nothing from Yogi over the last couple of months to indicate we won't simply carry on in the same hapless vein next season.

If Yogi does not care, why would he have them in for training on a sunday? He gets slaughtered for not showing the right emotion, yet when he does, it wont achieve anything, and THATS wrong too :bitchy:. Again, when we had our best 11 players out, we had a team 2 points from 2nd. Since then, we have had Wotherspoons form tail off. McBride and Zemamma injured. Miller dip in form also, and Bamba has been out of sorts. These players along with Stokes and Riordans goals were carrying us. The rest Maybe Murray apart, and thats debatable, the rest kids apart need emptied.

I ask myself, how many of this team/squad would get into the Dundee Utd team, and my answer is 3 tops. While i'm not happy about our form, i saw enough up to the middle of february, that says to me, we have to give him time.

Vince White
11-04-2010, 03:03 PM
If Yogi does not care, why would he have them in for training on a sunday? He gets slaughtered for not showing the right emotion, yet when he does, it wont achieve anything, and THATS wrong too :bitchy:. Again, when we had our best 11 players out, we had a team 2 points from 2nd. Since then, we have had Wotherspoons form tail off. McBride and Zemamma injured. Miller dip in form also, and Bamba has been out of sorts. These players along with Stokes and Riordans goals were carrying us. The rest Maybe Murray apart, and thats debatable, the rest kids apart need emptied.

I ask myself, how many of this team/squad would get into the Dundee Utd team, and my answer is 3 tops. While i'm not happy about our form, i saw enough up to the middle of february, that says to me, we have to give him time.

I'm not saying Yogi doesn't care. I think he cares a great deal. I just think he's at a loss as to how to stem this abysmal run. I take your points about the players you mention but it's not enough to excuse the lack of heart being shown. I'm sure Yogi WILL be given the time you think he needs, and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if he turns things around, but I remain of the opinion he doesn't have what it takes.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm not saying Yogi doesn't care. I think he cares a great deal. I just think he's at a loss as to how to stem this abysmal run. I take your points about the players you mention but it's not enough to excuse the lack of heart being shown. I'm sure Yogi WILL be given the time you think he needs, and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if he turns things around, but I remain of the opinion he doesn't have what it takes.

Lack of heart is a problem, its part and parcel of what makes up a player, along with ability. We have players who have big hearts, but little ability, and have players with ability, and little heart. But in the main, we dont have enough good players to supplement those that are crap.

PS who are these heartless players?

RickyS
11-04-2010, 03:15 PM

spot on, was having this discussion today with an Arab. told him I would love to have Webster, Dixon, Kenneth, Conway, Swanson, Gomis, Goodwillie, Daly in my team, over pretty much any of that spineless bunch.

ballengeich
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I didn't think much of Lennon's interview. Celtic's problem was that they were outnumbered in midfield (now that is like Hibs) and Lennon's response was to scapegoat one of his players by replacing him with another after half an hour without changing the formation. There was no acknowledgement that his pre-match plan needed to be changed, and that he hadn't a clue how to arrange his players to make best use of their ability. He was just blaming other people for his own shortcomings.

Later he threw on an extra forward in desparation (a bit like Hibs again). No coherent tactical plan. I had almost hoped that he would have some initial success, get appointed, then flop abysmally bringing Celtic another season of failure, but now that he's very unlikely to get the job, may his only other win be against Hearts.

CallumLaidlaw
11-04-2010, 06:55 PM
So if Pertrie gets another manager in who is piss its not his fault because he cant see the wood from the trees ?

you know as well as I do, Levein wouldnt take the Hibs job, and there is not 1 (honest) hibs fan that would have taken Jeffries in the summer, same goes for Craig Brown.
Fans wanted Hughes, fans wanted Collins, where did that get us.

Also, you say about if we had Levein would we be in this mess, what was the highest league position he got Dundee Utd to, and where are Hibs currently sitting?

Jonnyboy
11-04-2010, 08:20 PM

The very point I made about our lot in another thread yesterday. A manager can give his talk, instructions etc but if players don't have enough pride in themselves to give their all for ninety minutes in every game then they are not only conning us but they're conning themselves too

Bearders
11-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Lennon is fighting for the chance to be considered as Celtic's manager so has nothing at all to lose by slaughtering the players. If he does get the job in the fullness of time, he may find that moving players on is harder than he thinks but first he has to get the job.

Yogi is in a different position as he is already in charge and does not appear to be fighting for his career at Hibs. Rest assured, he will be feeling exactly the same as little Ernie Wise but may have decided he cannot be so brutal in using the media to vent his true feelings. It is very hard to move players on when still under contract and not marketable. Costs a right few bob to pay them off and all this eats into Yogi's budget for next season.

Yogo has only signed a small number of players so far under his tenure and have all added positively to the squad. I would like to see him bring in a number of solid experienced pros - does not need to be class acts (budgets dictate) but solid no nonsense pros who will not stand for anything less than 100% each week.

A good number of the current squad need cleaned out at the earliest opportunity.

I am happy to give Yogi another season to develop a squad made up of his choice and then I will judge him. I don't always agree with his team selections/formations or substitutions but that is football. As disappointing as the last 4 months have been, our league position will improve from last season. The football at times has been dire but there are teams below us that have been receiving plaudits for how entertaining they have been.

I for one will Keep the Faith in Yogi - if player power once again wins the day then we are in a real sorry mess.

Bookkeeper
11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Lennon is fighting for the chance to be considered as Celtic's manager so has nothing at all to lose by slaughtering the players. If he does get the job in the fullness of time, he may find that moving players on is harder than he thinks but first he has to get the job.

Yogi is in a different position as he is already in charge and does not appear to be fighting for his career at Hibs. Rest assured, he will be feeling exactly the same as little Ernie Wise but may have decided he cannot be so brutal in using the media to vent his true feelings. It is very hard to move players on when still under contract and not marketable. Costs a right few bob to pay them off and all this eats into Yogi's budget for next season.

Yogo has only signed a small number of players so far under his tenure and have all added positively to the squad. I would like to see him bring in a number of solid experienced pros - does not need to be class acts (budgets dictate) but solid no nonsense pros who will not stand for anything less than 100% each week.

A good number of the current squad need cleaned out at the earliest opportunity.

I am happy to give Yogi another season to develop a squad made up of his choice and then I will judge him. I don't always agree with his team selections/formations or substitutions but that is football. As disappointing as the last 4 months have been, our league position will improve from last season. The football at times has been dire but there are teams below us that have been receiving plaudits for how entertaining they have been.

I for one will Keep the Faith in Yogi - if player power once again wins the day then we are in a real sorry mess.

:top marks:agree: Pretty much sums it up for me too.

Speedy
12-04-2010, 12:16 AM

- There are two types of managers we can go for; experienced managers who are still at SPL level because they aren't very good(e.g. Jefferies or Williamson) or younger, up and coming managers who are more of a risk but might do something(e.g. Yogi, Collins, Mixu, Mowbray etc.).

- Probably not but would he have taken it, I doubt it.

- Correct but what type of football are they playing, would anyone take Jefferies at Hibs?

- Like who?

Replies above

Ritchie
12-04-2010, 03:14 PM
what about our 12 matches without defeat earlier in the season:confused:

Wish people would stop going on about that.

We weren't even playing well when we had that run..... It was largely down to luck!

Now the lucks ran out and we are getting shown up for the bunch of clueless prima donnas we are.

Speedway
13-04-2010, 10:00 AM
I think we know that what Yogi is feeling it neccessary to say to the press and what he actually thinks, are polar opposites.

noseyhibby
13-04-2010, 11:58 AM
We got lucky with Mowbray and failed with Collins, Mixu and Hughes. We must be due a break in the lucky dip soon.

If failure equates to winning, and winning in style at Hampden, then I'll take Collins back anyday.

Andy74
13-04-2010, 12:14 PM
It's funny but Yogi has just said his players might not be mentally tough enough to have taken his challenge of getting third and that the team may well be underdogs for some of the upcoming games and may respond better to that.

And he is being slated for it!

So, what is he supposed to say that would amke everyone happy?

Ritchie
13-04-2010, 12:18 PM
It's funny but Yogi has just said his players might not be mentally tough enough to have taken his challenge of getting third and that the team may well be underdogs for some of the upcoming games and may respond better to that.

And he is being slated for it!

So, what is he supposed to say that would amke everyone happy?

"Look at me.... i dont know what im doing!!!!!"

followed by

"i resign"

Speedway
13-04-2010, 12:39 PM

followed by

"i resign"

That would make people who know very little about Hibs at all, happy.

basehibby
13-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Wish people would stop going on about that.

We weren't even playing well when we had that run..... It was largely down to luck!

Now the lucks ran out and we are getting shown up for the bunch of clueless prima donnas we are.

Is that because it (the 12 match unbeaten run) doesn't suit your agenda or what???

It's a totally ridiculous notion that this should be ignored when assessing the manager's performance over the season. SURE there was some luck involved but isn't that always the case? There was also some good performances - both team and individual - thrown into the mix as well as a lot of belief and application.

There has been a bit of bad luck involved in the poor form of late as well in case you didn't notice (The losses to Motherwell and Celtic for example were affected by controversial decisions and could easily have gone our way). That doesn't make the poor run disappear, so it's just plain wrong to write off the earlier good form as some kind of accident.

seanraff07
13-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Is that because it (the 12 match unbeaten run) doesn't suit your agenda or what???

It's a totally ridiculous notion that this should be ignored when assessing the manager's performance over the season. SURE there was some luck involved but isn't that always the case? There was also some good performances - both team and individual - thrown into the mix as well as a lot of belief and application.

There has been a bit of bad luck involved in the poor form of late as well in case you didn't notice (The losses to Motherwell and Celtic for example were affected by controversial decisions and could easily have gone our way). That doesn't make the poor run disappear, so it's just plain wrong to write off the earlier good form as some kind of accident.

I agree completely with that. Celtic and Rangers tend to have good runs cause they get the most luck, normally down to refereeing decisions. I thought we had some very good games in our runs, Motherwell home and away, Rangers away, Celtic away, we had some brilliant games amongst that 12 game unbeaten run and our 6 win run in January. it seems like some people just forget about that so quickly, me included, but we do need to keep that in mind, Yogi is capable of making us play.

3pm
13-04-2010, 07:21 PM

How so? If you want Hughes out, you know very little about Hibs?

Rory89
14-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Why would we replace Yogi with Lennon, if that happened then the squad might actually have to work, and Lennon might refer to Deeks, Stokesy, Zouma, Gowser, Big Nishy, Spoony, Stacky, Big Sol, Wee Kev, Hoggy and Muzzy by their real names, and we all know that's bad for morale.

gorgie_harp
14-04-2010, 06:57 AM
:top marks

followed by

"i resign"

Ritchie
14-04-2010, 11:41 AM

aye right then.

we'll see if your still saying that when we miss out on europe this season and finish in the bottom 6 next season.

thats where yogi and his magic non changeable formation is taking us! :agree: