PDA

View Full Version : Get a grip!

Billychaotic182
10-04-2010, 10:47 PM
we are a much better team then we were last season and we need to stick by a manager and let him build a team. Rome wasn't built in a day eh?!

sure am raging about the last few month but we need to stand by Yogi. We have never let a manager build a team as we just expect to win all the time, reality check we are Hibs not Man utd or Chelsea!

look at the players he has brought in:

Stokes
McBride
Brown
Smith
Stack
Cregg
Galbraith
Gow

every player there (maybe not Brown, Gow and Cregg) have impoved our team since last season and they would not be here had it not been for Yogi
He has also given wee David Wotherspoon a good 1st season.

Lets see how we look this time next year and see if ppl are calling for him to be sacked. Funny 3 month ago ppl were sayin he was better than Mogga

Billychaotic182
10-04-2010, 10:49 PM
and we are still 6 points ahead o hearts!!!! lol

Pedantic_Hibee
10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
:agree:

Pretty much every player Yogi has signed has been a success so far.

He still needs the summer transfer window to add to that complement and more importantly, get rid of the imposters who spread malaise around the club with their laissez-faire attitude.

You wear that jersey, you wear that jersey with pride and you spill blood, guts and tears whilst performing in that jersey. And that's just to get you a 6 out of 10 in the match ratings, that ethic should come as standard.

Fantic
10-04-2010, 10:58 PM

He still needs the summer transfer window to add to that complement and more importantly, get rid of the imposters who spread malaise around the club with their laissez-faire attitude.

You wear that jersey, you wear that jersey with pride and you spill blood, guts and tears whilst performing in that jersey. And that's just to get you a 6 out of 10 in the match ratings, that ethic should come as standard.

:top marksThat's whats missing

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2010, 10:58 PM
This seasons Hearts team must be about the worst I've seen in the 30 odd years that I've followed Hibs, if they get anywhere near us its embarassing!

sixtwo
10-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Every player there has improved the team:rolleyes:.....em maybe not half of them...:greengrin

Fair enough, he has identified better players than we are used to but we have not done any better. Surely that is evidence enough that this man lacks the ability to take us forward. :dunno:The board have backed him, he has bought quality players (allegedly)and still we play unattractive football and we are easy to beat.

Let a good manager try and use these players and give the new manager the luxury of a good budget, maybe we will get somewhere!

Cropley10
10-04-2010, 11:03 PM
This seasons Hearts team must be about the worst I've seen in the 30 odd years that I've followed Hibs, if they get anywhere near us its embarassing!

And we still can't beat them! And they've managed to beat us! They'll huff and puff, while we do what?

Billychaotic182
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Every player there has improved the team:rolleyes:.....em maybe not half of them...:greengrin

Fair enough, he has identified better players than we are used to but we have not done any better. Surely that is evidence enough that this man lacks the ability to take us forward. :dunno:The board have backed him, he has bought quality players (allegedly)and still we play unattractive football and we are easy to beat.

Let a good manager try and use these players and give the new manager the luxury of a good budget, maybe we will get somewhere!

There still better player than what were already there. I just mean they have never had much of a chance this far

Houchy
10-04-2010, 11:18 PM
And we still can't beat them! And they've managed to beat us! They'll huff and puff, while we do what?

Build a midfield out of straw and a defense out of sticks:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2010, 02:09 AM
we are a much better team then we were last season and we need to stick by a manager and let him build a team. Rome wasn't built in a day eh?!

sure am raging about the last few month but we need to stand by Yogi. We have never let a manager build a team as we just expect to win all the time, reality check we are Hibs not Man utd or Chelsea!

Stokes
McBride
Brown
Smith
Stack
Cregg
Galbraith
Gow

every player there (maybe not Brown, Gow and Cregg) have impoved our team since last season and they would not be here had it not been for Yogi

Lets see how we look this time next year and see if ppl are calling for him to be sacked. Funny 3 month ago ppl were sayin he was better than Mogga

Better players, maybe???

Pumped 5-1 in Perth, beat over two matches against lower league opposition, pumped 4-1 at Hamilton...... All down to an inept tactical set up.......

Antifa Hibs
11-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Yogi and his new signings can ****** off.

If only the squad put in half the effort and showed as much passion as us fans.

basehibby
11-04-2010, 03:12 AM

Stokes
McBride
Brown
Smith
Stack
Cregg
Galbraith
Gow

There's a lot of sense in what you're saying - there's no doubt in my mind that in terms of ins and outs the squad's looking better than it was this time last season.
that said I'm worried by today's result. We need to grind out results at the moment and, without having been at the game, losing 4 goals to a team like Hamilton sounds like we're coming nowhere near that sort of performance (especially having shipped 5 to St J only a few weeks ago!).

There's been a lot of positives to Yogi's tenure so far that noone should lose sight of, but he's fast making a slippery pole for himself.

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 03:16 AM

Sorry Bri mate. So much more is missing and needs to be addressed now. Or next season is going to be a relegation battle. Its that drastic.

Alfred E Newman
11-04-2010, 07:29 AM

Stokes
McBride
Brown
Smith
Stack
Cregg
Galbraith
Gow

Stokes - great goal scoring record. Good signing but not a team player.
McBride - Started the season well but always injured.
Brown - goalkeeper. Never played
Smith- goalkeeper. Looked good but dropped after Perth debacle. Recalled for cup embarassment at Dingwall. Dropped again
Stack- goalkeeper. Looked good at times but has injury problems.
Cregg- Hardly played. Recalled recently in desperation.
Galbraith- Very rarely gets even a subs appearance.
Gow - Waste of time. Permenately injured.
you forgot Miller- Probably best signing but form has suffered from lack of quality around him and wierd team formations.

Youth players.
Wotherspoon - overplayed out of position and burnt out.
others- none.

Billychaotic182
11-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Stokes - great goal scoring record. Good signing but not a team player.
McBride - Started the season well but always injured.
Brown - goalkeeper. Never played
Smith- goalkeeper. Looked good but dropped after Perth debacle. Recalled for cup embarassment at Dingwall. Dropped again
Stack- goalkeeper. Looked good at times but has injury problems.
Cregg- Hardly played. Recalled recently in desperation.
Galbraith- Very rarely gets even a subs appearance.
Gow - Waste of time. Permenately injured.
you forgot Miller- Probably best signing but form has suffered from lack of quality around him and wierd team formations.

Youth players.
Wotherspoon - overplayed out of position and burnt out.
others- none.

How did i forget Miller :doh: Silly me lol

danger1875
11-04-2010, 10:24 AM

any suggestions as to who a good manager for us would be? Cause I actually can't remember that many good hibs managers over the last 25 years i've been watching hibs.

steakbake
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
any suggestions as to who a good manager for us would be? Cause I actually can't remember that many good hibs managers over the last 25 years i've been watching hibs.

This sort of goes to the heart of the matter when supporting hibs. Some of us have ridiculously high aspirations, others ridiculously low.

If we condemn ourselves to expect mediocrity, we'll only ever get it.

hibsbollah
11-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Yogi and his new signings can ****** off.

If only the squad put in half the effort and showed as much passion as us fans.
:confused:
The fans have put in next to zero effort and shown very occasional passion in the games Ive been to this season. maybe the away support has been different but I dont recognise the picture youre painting. Easter Road-The Theatre of Occasional Low Murmur.

bobbyhibs1983
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I understand what the O.P is tryinh to say but what are we, as the fans meant to feel?do?

The manager has asked us fans to show support,How many fans made the roundtrip to ross county away on a tuesday NGHT(could that be wednesday?)

Did the fans who went up feel the players tried hard?i feel many didn't
did the fans who went up feel the players showed guts./ willing to battle for the ball?Again a no

Now im sure people can live with 3-4 bad games but there has been many bad games.Did we look better than last week?We did well against celtic but yesterday by all accounts was awful.

SalfordHibs
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Stokes Keep but will be sold
McBride Started off well but starting to fade (Not sure)
Brown Never given a chance but a good keeper so keep
Smith Good keeper but should have never been dropped, keep
Stack Been poor of late get rid or sell
Cregg Not good enough i am afraid get rid
Galbraith Hardly gets a chance, has pace, good eye for goal, keep
Gow Never been fully fit from day one get rid.
Miller been really poor of late, has the talent, keep
Yogi doesn't have a plan B, formations are all wrong, Plays players out of position, Not got in him to take us forward infact i really cant see us winning another game to the end of the season.
Nish, Rankin, Hogg, Stevenson, get rid never good enough for Hibs IMHO.
Benji and Zouma will move on.

Rebuild the team under McInnes or John Collins, give him the money we get in for players sold plus the board have to back him 100% as they did with Yogi, a big clearout and the right players coming in will do us a world of good.