PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, was Mixu a better manager than Yogi?

Vince White
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I know it was painful to endure much of the time, but I'm struggling to recall many truly embarrassing results under Mixu. With Yogi these days I'm just waiting for the next embarrassment to occur. The style of football under Mixu didn't win any prizes but at least the players seemed to care a bit more than the present powder puff buch.

Removed
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Seriously, why start this? What is the point of what will be yet another Yogi bashing thread?

Reaper
10-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I know it was painful to endure much of the time, but I'm struggling to recall many truly embarrassing results under Mixu. With Yogi these days I'm just waiting for the next embarrassment to occur. The style of football under Mixu didn't win any prizes but at least the players seemed to care a bit more than the present powder puff buch.

In short, No! And even if he was who cares, what;s Mixu got to do with anything just now.

Judas Iscariot
10-04-2010, 09:13 PM
No he wasn't and these bull**** posts are boring as **** :yawn:

hibsdaft
10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
i would challenge anyone to list Mixu's qualities as a manager. i doubt you'd get past two or three.

Yogi has many, for all it mightn't currently be evident.

we'll get through this and Yogi will be a better manager for it.

Gettin' Auld
10-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Seriously, was Mixu a better manager than Yogi?

:bitchy:

ronaldo7
10-04-2010, 09:51 PM

Is Fat Jim Knew, a better manager than Shabby?

Same old shat different day:bye:

Long suffering
10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
no way

chrisski33
10-04-2010, 10:04 PM
seriously vince why post this question? Does it matter who is better? Mixu was kack and is in the past!

Long suffering
10-04-2010, 10:14 PM
i think you are forgetting quite how shockingly terrible the performance levels were under mixu

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2010, 12:36 AM
i think you are forgetting quite how shockingly terrible the performance levels were under mixu

But today was every bit as bad.:grr:

noseyhibby
11-04-2010, 12:48 AM
**** off

No need for this type of response. The guy has made a point and is deserving of better than a personal attack. For what it's worth, I think The present Hibs side might have more talented individuals within it, but the team performances are every bit as bad as under Mixu.

DH1875
11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Simple answer. NO.

hibeedonald
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
But today was every bit as bad.:grr:

but theres been some great performances under hughes... celtic on their own patch, ibrox 1-1, aberdeen away, motherwell away, and were still 2 places higher in the table than under mixu. although you could argue hughes has better players to play with.

sesoim
11-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Both are rubbish - the only reason Hughes has done (slightly) better is because he has been allowed to sign big money players like Stokes and Miller, and he hasn't had to contend with Makalamby in goal too much. And he's had Zemmama long enough to win us a few games.

Hughes is too stupid to be a good manager, we set our sights too low with him just to please a few thick Hibbies who enjoy his "banter". If things improve next season it will only be because Hughes is given more money to sign exepnsive players, not because of his tactical genius.

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Surely an analysis of games played and results would be the best way to compare the two?

I think Yogi's stats are better, plus he's had to deal with a mess left by a manager who couldn't keep his job. Mixu, on the other hand, inherited a good squad.

green.and.white
11-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Craig Levein and Peter Houston took 4 years to build their Dundee Utd team. In their first season in charge, Dundee Utd finished 9th. Give Hughes time and we will improve.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Another thread full of Vince White.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Craig Levein and Peter Houston took 4 years to build their Dundee Utd team. In their first season in charge, Dundee Utd finished 9th. Give Hughes time and we will improve.

Some sense at last.

Have we become so up ourselves we've become Aberdeen in disguise? Bet they rue the day the chants Smithy must go started.

Pain of transition after transition or root and branch change ? YOU DECIDE...

chrisski33
11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Some sense at last.

Have we become so up ourselves we've become Aberdeen in disguise? Bet they rue the day the chants Smithy must go started.

Pain of transition after transition or root and branch change ? YOU DECIDE...

good post!

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 08:38 AM
No need for this type of response. The guy has made a point and is deserving of better than a personal attack. For what it's worth, I think The present Hibs side might have more talented individuals within it, but the team performances are every bit as bad as under Mixu.

Totally agree both with your views on the responses and the managers, would add that despite the performances Hughes gets some credit for attracting more talented players and I think he should get another close season to do so unless Mowbray fancies a return to ER.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:39 AM
No, probably worse, but the players showed a little more fight under Mixu.

Phil D. Rolls
12-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Another thread full of Vince White.

But a board that is happily Vince White free. I would never have guessed he was a Yam on the wind up. Never in a million years. :bitchy: