PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Turnbull for caretaker manager

Jamesie
10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm probably being irrational given age and circumstance, but you can guarantee Ned wouldn't stand for players laughing and joking on the pitch ten minutes after a 4-1 drubbing.

Neither would John Collins for that matter.

truehibernian
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Eddie would have not had them out the dressing room and would be asking for someone to go to the Hamilton Royal Infirmary by now so that he could get his shoe back after it had been removed from Nish's ersehole, without even bothering about asking how Nish was. I have heard quite a few choice quotes from him recently and it still makes you smile in admiration for a man who knows the game inside out. His health might be waning, but he is as sharp as ever when it comes to talking the game.............."I always telt them to treat that fitba like it was their wife......or lover mind if they had one yin on the side.......love the fitba, caress the fitba, make love tae it........dinnae treat it like it's no' wanted son......." (one of his most recent Turnbullisms :greengrin)

sleeping giant
10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I felt sick when i heard Cowan saying that :bitchy:
I would love to know what players ?

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I felt sick when i heard Cowan saying that :bitchy:
I would love to know what players ?

Well it wouldnae include Deek cos he'd still be moaning :wink:

HibeeUnderwood
10-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm probably being irrational given age and circumstance, but you can guarantee Ned wouldn't stand for players laughing and joking on the pitch ten minutes after a 4-1 drubbing.

Neither would John Collins for that matter.

I'd personally have Sauzee as my first choice :greengrin :wink:

I reckon he could get it right second time around :cool2:

But don't get me wrong, I am still backing Yogi at the moment :agree:

CallumHibs07
10-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Laughing and joking? Whats all this about?:confused:

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Laughing and joking? Whats all this about?:confused:

Steve Cowan and Derek Ferguson for the BBC at the game said Hibs were out ten minutes after the final whistle doing their warmdown and the players were laughing and joking with each other. Both pundits slated the players for having that 'who gives a *****' attitude

Jamesie
10-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Steve Cowan and Derek Ferguson for the BBC at the game said Hibs were out ten minutes after the final whistle doing their warmdown and the players were laughing and joking with each other. Both pundits slated the players for having that 'who gives a *****' attitude

To be fair, Galbraith and (I think) McCann are my neighbours and I was in the car park tonight at the back of 7 when Galbraith drove in. I deliberately hung back to watch the pair of them and they looked pretty peed off.

There certainly wasn't any laughing and joking by that time - although perhaps Ferguson's comments had been intimated to the squad by then.