PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

GC
10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Why are we shouting for Yogi's head.

We only apointed him less than a year ago, are we really now on pa with that lot over the city that we need to change manager quicker than your average yam changes underwear?

We have had a good yet fortunate at times start to the season and even now are still challenging for europe so please guys, let's get ehind Yogi and let's try and get behind this team(even if we are finding it hard just now) and clinch a european place to make this season somewhat of a success.

We're the Hibees, it never comes easy but we can try and make it happen.

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 07:37 PM
My first post tonight G so here goes.

I can understand why folk have a dig at Yogi, I really can because it's him that puts the side together and sets up the tactics etc BUT I have to say that he's an easy target when in fact the players should be carrying the bulk of the responsibility for the tripe we're having to watch.

Today they had no fight, no passion, no aggression and no heart. Those are qualities each player should be able to provide before the manager gets anywhere near them to give a talk on tactics etc.

Quite simply, right now Hibs don't deserve the support they get from the fans and it surprised me not one jot that some started singing 'we want our money back' at the game.

Yes Yogi has to shoulder blame but so does each and every one of those players that disgraced the name of Hibernian Football Club today by not giving a **** about whether we won or not.

My guess is Yogi will be at home right now, going over the game in his head and maybe watching a DVD of it. No prizes for guessing where most of the players will be

GC
10-04-2010, 07:46 PM

I can understand why folk have a dig at Yogi, I really can because it's him that puts the side together and sets up the tactics etc BUT I have to say that he's an easy target when in fact the players should be carrying the bulk of the responsibility for the tripe we're having to watch.

Today they had no fight, no passion, no aggression and no heart. Those are qualities each player should be able to provide before the manager gets anywhere near them to give a talk on tactics etc.

Quite simply, right now Hibs don't deserve the support they get from the fans and it surprised me not one jot that some started singing 'we want our money back' at the game.

Yes Yogi has to shoulder blame but so does each and every one of those players that disgraced the name of Hibernian Football Club today by not giving a **** about whether we won or not.

My guess is Yogi will be at home right now, going over the game in his head and maybe watching a DVD of it. No prizes for guessing where most of the players will be

John,

I've been down in Oxford, Yes te big move and away from the cabbage since February so have had to rely on my brothers info and also watching the live game when we are on so cannot comment on how we are playing but by all accounts we're no very good:greengrin

I just can't understand the furore that is begining to show over the last week or so on here to get rid of the manager, what do we expect him to do less than a year into the job, if we were to get rid now we would constantly be in this rebuilding process, I don't care if he gets flak, every manager has to accept that but some on here are actively seeking a change in management, tell me guys, what good would this do except make Hibs a team that is constantly in transition.

The point of tis is for us all to calm it down a little, lok at things clearly and accapt that we never were the team that we were made up to be earlier in the season(before you all jump on my back I know alot of you never thought we were) and that this season(the transition season) has gone beter than I thought it would.

Give Yogi time, if not for hm for the benifit of Hibs.

I am sick of us constantly veing in this state, take this year as the hyear to suss things out and give him next season, we can take it from there but I for one believe that the start of next season we will see the real Yogi's Hibs and I will be making as many trips up as I can to see this side.

eternal optomist, possibly but thats what being a Hibee is all aout, no?

GGTHH

:hnet:

Sergey
10-04-2010, 07:50 PM

Nope, John. That's what a manager is paid to do, in any line of business.

If he can't get his team to perform satisfactory, then that's his and his employers problem.

There's no passing the buck.

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 07:52 PM
John,

I've been down in Oxford, Yes te big move and away from the cabbage since February so have had to rely on my brothers info and also watching the live game when we are on so cannot comment on how we are playing but by all accounts we're no very good:greengrin

I just can't understand the furore that is begining to show over the last week or so on here to get rid of the manager, what do we expect him to do less than a year into the job, if we were to get rid now we would constantly be in this rebuilding process, I don't care if he gets flak, every manager has to accept that but some on here are actively seeking a change in management, tell me guys, what good would this do except make Hibs a team that is constantly in transition.

The point of tis is for us all to calm it down a little, lok at things clearly and accapt that we never were the team that we were made up to be earlier in the season(before you all jump on my back I know alot of you never thought we were) and that this season(the transition season) has gone beter than I thought it would.

I am sick of us constantly veing in this state, take this year as the hyear to suss things out and give him next season, we can take it from there but I for one believe that the start of next season we will see the real Yogi's Hibs and I will be making as many trips up as I can to see this side.

GGTHH

As I said G, Yogi is an easy target and in truth he deserves stick but I re-emphasise it's the players who are playing without passion etc and it's the players that should be getting stick.

My guess is that Yogi will survive the blood letting

Whether some of the prima donna's in the team do is another matter altogether

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 07:55 PM

If he can't get his team to perform satisfactory, then that's his and his employers problem.

I understand what you're saying G but like I said in my original post, no professional footballer should need to be told by a manager to play with passion, aggression, fight and heart. If they don't give a toss, how could any manager change that? Heads will roll in the summer and I'm betting Yogi's won't be one of them but hey, I've been wrong before :greengrin

Billy Whizz
I was at the game today and I agree that the players have to take most of the blame. Both penalties penalties conceded were avoidable and the 4th goal we lost was a JOKE. No Manager can plan for that.
We also missed 2 sitters. The miss from Nish ( no pun intended) was unbelievable plus we also missed a penalty. This could easily have ended 4-4.
At 1-1 we were by far the better side and should have gone on and won the game.
Don't want to name names, but the Hibs supporters there today will easily tell you who isn't good enough for next season!
Keep the Manager and get rid of the Imposters!

carnoustiehibee
Why are we shouting for Yogi's head.

We only apointed him less than a year ago, are we really now on pa with that lot over the city that we need to change manager quicker than your average yam changes underwear?

We have had a good yet fortunate at times start to the season and even now are still challenging for europe so please guys, let's get ehind Yogi and let's try and get behind this team(even if we are finding it hard just now) and clinch a european place to make this season somewhat of a success.

We're the Hibees, it never comes easy but we can try and make it happen.

your on the wind up:faf:

GC
10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
As I said G, Yogi is an easy target and in truth he deserves stick but I re-emphasise it's the players who are playing without passion etc and it's the players that should be getting stick.

My guess is that Yogi will survive the blood letting

Whether some of the prima donna's in the team do is another matter altogether

Yogi has the passion and comitment in him to fight this out, if only some of the squad had the same.

Last Hibs game I was at was the defeat away to Motherwell in February and there were three or four in tat side who should feel ashamed to pull on a Hibs shirt.

I agree though, Yogi will survive, but the mob should be be looking at others in the club before Ypgi when it comes to wanting blood.

Let's jus try and pul together for these last 5 games, god for no other reason that it's the games that are going to shape our season.

GC
10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
your on the wind up:faf:

Aye, vote for me at the comedy awards come the winter:wink:

crash
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
John,

GGTHH

I have noted that a high percentage of the posters who want Yogi to remain in the job are people who do not pay to watch this absolute rubbish every week:grr:

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Yogi has the passion and comitment in him to fight this out, if only some of the squad had the same.

Last Hibs game I was at was the defeat away to Motherwell in February and there were three or four in tat side who should feel ashamed to pull on a Hibs shirt.

I agree though, Yogi will survive, but the mob should be be looking at others in the club before Ypgi when it comes to wanting blood.

Let's jus try and pul together for these last 5 games, god for no other reason that it's the games that are going to shape our season.

Sadly I see us finishing a poor sixth. I'm just glad we're not in a scrap at the bottom because the bulk of our players wouldn't have the balls to fight it out

GC
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I have noted that a high percentage of the posters who want Yogi to remain in the job are people who do not pay to watch this absolute rubbish every week:grr:

Season ticket holder this year, Moved away from Edinburgh in February.

Is this good enough for you?

Removed
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM

That is bollocks

Sergey
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Sadly I see us finishing a poor sixth. I'm just glad we're not in a scrap at the bottom because the bulk of our players wouldn't have the balls to fight it out

I could play Devils advocate and mention that this is where Yogi took Falkirk last season :greengrin

GC

Sadly I can only make the last Dery this season, I compleyely agree with you that in reality with our form 6th is more than ikely our final placing but I think if I am honest we are good enough for fourth, once again possibly wishful thinking.

Squad overhall in the summer however.

PaulSmith
Simple fact is that Hibs board will not, and should not, sack a manager who for all his faults in the last 8 weeks has probably got them into a league position which has us pushing for Europe with 5 games to play.
There is not a sole on this forum who us privvy to what conversations Hughes has had with the board of the club, I would be astounded though if Hughes has not already asked them to move on several players and has already passed his list of targets for next season. Maybe the Board see what he is trying to do and accept that to make a decision on his tenure after 3 bad months would be crazy. The alternative is to once again sack a whole management team again and somehow find a better calibre of one again during the summer..it's hard and it's painful right now but let's hope that somehow we can finish in a euro place and start to look forward to getting rid of the ****** that has plagued the club for a couple of years.
Come the summer there could quite easily be euro games to look forward to plus an excellent stadium with a fresh team that has been built by john Hughes over 12 months

GC
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Simple fact is that Hibs board will not, and should not, sack a manager who for all his faults in the last 8 weeks has probably got them into a league position which has us pushing for Europe with 5 games to play.
There is not a sole on this forum who us privvy to what conversations Hughes has had with the board of the club, I would be astounded though if Hughes has not already asked them to move on several players and has already passed his list of targets for next season. Maybe the Board see what he is trying to do and accept that to make a decision on his tenure after 3 bad months would be crazy. The alternative is to once again sack a whole management team again and somehow find a better calibre of one again during the summer..it's hard and it's painful right now but let's hope that somehow we can finish in a euro place and start to look forward to getting rid of the ****** that has plagued the club for a couple of years.
Come the summer there could quite easily be euro games to look forward to plus an excellent stadium with a fresh team that has been built by john Hughes over 12 months

Paul, you have said what i feel:top marks

sahib
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM

I am highy dubious about analogies with business. This is sport one team has to lose for the other to win.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 08:07 PM
John,

GGTHH

Surely the people that want Hughes out right now must think that having a transitional season next year would be a better option than having John Hughes as our manager next season. They must think that, rather than being in transition, we are actually going backwards under the present management team, with no sign of the decline coming to an end.

As it happens, I am actually in agreement with yourself. I think we should keep Hughes for the time being and see what kind of squad he can assemble in the summer. If we're still playing poorly a few months into next season then that is the time to say goodbye.

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
I could play Devils advocate and mention that this is where Yogi took Falkirk last season :greengrin

And they survived :wink:

Toaods
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
And they survived :wink:

but look at the carnage that was left behind...:wink:

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 08:17 PM
but look at the carnage that was left behind...:wink:

Indeed. Six academy boys in the team that pumped St Mirren today and all that despite having Captain Caveman as their manager :greengrin

crash
10-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Surely the people that want Hughes out right now must think that having a transitional season next year would be a better option than having John Hughes as our manager next season. They must think that, rather than being in transition, we are actually going backwards under the present management team, with no sign of the decline coming to an end.

As it happens, I am actually in agreement with yourself. I think we should keep Hughes for the time being and see what kind of squad he can assemble in the summer. If we're still playing poorly a few months into next season then that is the time to say goodbye.

Fed up hearing this 'transitional season' tosh. In any other club , the manager gets the players in, does the pre-season preparations, implements the system he wants to play and is judged on the following ten months ( If he's lucky).