PDA

View Full Version : Any happy clappers left?

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2010, 06:57 PM
That is all! good season my bell end!

Sumner
10-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Yes. Yes there will be. Thanks for asking.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes. Yes there will be. Thanks for asking. No problem. I'm sure the 1/2 filled stand will be amazing! And no, I am quite happy to be critical without being labelled a Jambo!

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:03 PM
No problem.

Thanking you kindly, manners maketh the poster.

down-the-slope
10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

:3wise smi

skipster7
10-04-2010, 07:41 PM
my days of being optimistic re hibs are over ,id much rather wallow in self pity and tales of woe :confused:

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:42 PM
my days of being optimistic re hibs are over ,id much rather wallow in self pity and tales of woe :confused:

... in a new stand, perhaps with lots of space in it?

skipster7
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
will be buying a ST there and have plenty of room to choose from.:wink:

skipster7
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
... in a new stand, perhaps with lots of space in it?
build it and they will come ! i remember when we used to give almost half our main stand to away fans , where did all our fans who fill it now come from? they werent attracted by the fitba on show.
why do people insist on digs about us completing our stadium when the team is playing pash ? short sighted to say the least.

RoYO!
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
ive already bought my ST (halfway line 20 rows back) but i am not a particular optimist...

i am 28 and in all my days of supporting hibs a top 6 finish is considered alright, a top 4 finish is considered good, and european football at ER can be fantastic.

Now, it would seem that there are a lot of people that have hugely inflated expectations of where hibs should be and really dont cope well with knocks along the way.

How do we measure success at Hibs? What would Hibs have to achieve for it to be a successful season?

And before people say- 'its a success if we dont get pumped off **** teams' then i would say get a bit of perspective and judge the season on exactly that- the season. What are the plus points? What needs worked on? And how do we move the club forward?

Taking pot shots about the stand being half empty is unnecessary, un-original and completely unhelpful.

down-the-slope
10-04-2010, 08:06 PM
ive already bought my ST (halfway line 20 rows back) but i am not a particular optimist...

i am 28 and in all my days of supporting hibs a top 6 finish is considered alright, a top 4 finish is considered good, and european football at ER can be fantastic.

Now, it would seem that there are a lot of people that have hugely inflated expectations of where hibs should be and really dont cope well with knocks along the way.

How do we measure success at Hibs? What would Hibs have to achieve for it to be a successful season?

And before people say- 'its a success if we dont get pumped off **** teams' then i would say get a bit of perspective and judge the season on exactly that- the season. What are the plus points? What needs worked on? And how do we move the club forward?

Taking pot shots about the stand being half empty is unnecessary, un-original and completely unhelpful.:bitchy:

you will not get welcome on here if you insist on logical well reasoned postings like this

:wink:

RoYO!
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
:bitchy:

you will not get welcome on here if you insist on logical well reasoned postings like this

:wink:

:wink: to be honest i really swithered on hitting the 'post' button as i really wasnt sure if i could be a**** with getting the abuse.... ach well :greengrin

sh00byd00
10-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Love how people turn on the manager and when they're bored of that, they turn on their own [Hibs fans]. Whether you think the manager is upto the job or not, i don't see why you anyone would have a dig at the fans. Especially when we're all in the same boat ffs.

Whilst we may all have differing opinions on how the club is progressing on the field, things really aren't so bad that we now have to be taking digs at one another.

matty_f
10-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I'd love to see where these so-called happy clappers were in the first place. I read the boards every day and I can't recall anyone saying everything was rosy in the garden.

To my mind, everyone has acknowledged the problems at the moment, it's just that people see the cause of (and solution to) those problems as different things.

Maybe some folk are just too moronic to see that and instead insist on taking the 'happy clapper' dismissive jibe as the easy option.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2010, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=matty_fairnie;2423835 Maybe some folk are just too moronic to see that and instead insist on taking the 'happy clapper' dismissive jibe as the easy option.[/QUOTE] If thats directed at me then ouch, but, this is one of the poorest seasons i've witnessed standard wise, and the level we are at now is quite frankly embarassing.If we squeeze an Euro trip out of it, I'll still go though!

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 09:44 PM

Taking pot shots about the stand being half empty is unnecessary, un-original and completely unhelpful.

Lets see how optimistic you are after another 40 years of this pish.