PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Think If...

Speedway
10-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Knee jerks and normal jerks are here again after another 'Hibs Class' result and despite several players being crap for Hibs for more than the current manager, we somehow want the manager gone.

What if all Yogi's public comments were the exact opposite of how he actually feels and what he actually thinks and he can't wait to offload every single player we've got, except a couple of goalies.

Would you want Hughes to publicly say 'Look, I know this team are a sack of phannies that no other team will pay us to have, but I can't kick their overrated ***** out of the club until the summer. Expect us to lose all remianing games until I can get them off the wage bill'

Would you want him to say that or come across as generic and bland, as he currently is doing?

ScottB
10-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Knee jerks and normal jerks are here again after another 'Hibs Class' result and despite several players being crap for Hibs for more than the current manager, we somehow want the manager gone.

What if all Yogi's public comments were the exact opposite of how he actually feels and what he actually thinks and he can't wait to offload every single player we've got, except a couple of goalies.

Would you want Hughes to publicly say 'Look, I know this team are a sack of phannies that no other team will pay us to have, but I can't kick their overrated ***** out of the club until the summer. Expect us to lose all remianing games until I can get them off the wage bill'

Would you want him to say that or come across as generic and bland, as he currently is doing?

What about the tactical and selection issues? Perhaps in secret he is blasting the players, but it certainly doesn't appear so, and he has failed to correct problems that have been starring us in the face for months, namely his formation resulting in us being overrun in midfield.

I don't expect him to tear players apart by name, but certainly after an utter embarrassment such as today I would expect him to have a much harsher, angry tone than the usual 'the boys have been brilliant for me eh, cannae ask for any more,' crap.

Perspective
10-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Play it down in public (however frustrating that must be) and rattle the cages in private.

We still have fourth place to play for and he won't do that by further alienating the squad, who would simply down tools if he slagged them off in public. Being brutally honest hasn't helped Tony Mowbray or Mark McGhee this season.

I'm concerned about a few things, but I'm still all for giving Yogi the chance to re-shape the dressing room as he wants it for next season. I think it's only then he can be judged.

Hainan Hibs
10-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd have liked to have heard him angry and hurting. I don't want him to be having a good old laugh and joke with the reporter in the wake of a 4-1 humping off of Hamilton.

Sumner
10-04-2010, 06:50 PM
... I sang outta tune...

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Reaching for the nearest cliche we need a manager that will steady things up and make us hard to beat. We were dreadful against Falkirk, better against Celtic, but today we were simply outclassed. The first game against Hamilton was the worst team performance I had seen from Hibs in thirty years, but today, well that was a new low.:grr:

vahibbie
10-04-2010, 07:06 PM
this team are a sack of phannies

This bit I agree with:agree:

He could play all the youngsters and tell them the results don't matter, they can't get any worse and you are all playing for a starting job next season after I dump the above mentioned phannies.

basehibby
10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Play it down in public (however frustrating that must be) and rattle the cages in private.

We still have fourth place to play for and he won't do that by further alienating the squad, who would simply down tools if he slagged them off in public. Being brutally honest hasn't helped Tony Mowbray or Mark McGhee this season.

I'm concerned about a few things, but I'm still all for giving Yogi the chance to re-shape the dressing room as he wants it for next season. I think it's only then he can be judged.

:agree: I'm pretty much agreeing with that - if I was Hughes I'd certainly be rattling some cages - today's result was pathetic and there is no hiding place from that and after a decent showing vs Celtic last week I wonder if the whole team was putting just as much into the match today -if they weren't then I'd be banging heads never mind rattling cages. Hughes must take his share of the blame though as it's him that sets the team out - like yourself though I'm far convinced that sacking him now would be the answer.

down-the-slope
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
:agree: I'm pretty much agreeing with that - if I was Hughes I'd certainly be rattling some cages - today's result was pathetic and there is no hiding place from that and after a decent showing vs Celtic last week I wonder if the whole team was putting just as much into the match today -if they weren't then I'd be banging heads never mind rattling cages. Hughes must take his share of the blame though as it's him that sets the team out - like yourself though I'm far convinced that sacking him now would be the answer.

yup but that was because Celtic played 4-3-3 as well and we had space in midfield to play. It was the same with Mowbury - we played better against the teams that were open.
Second half of the season teams have sussed to pack midfiels / close space and hit the diagonal ball on top of the full backs and we fall apart...the players and or the system are not up to dealing with that (can't decide which)

Speedway
10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
What about the tactical and selection issues? Perhaps in secret he is blasting the players, but it certainly doesn't appear so, and he has failed to correct problems that have been starring us in the face for months, namely his formation resulting in us being overrun in midfield.

I don't expect him to tear players apart by name, but certainly after an utter embarrassment such as today I would expect him to have a much harsher, angry tone than the usual 'the boys have been brilliant for me eh, cannae ask for any more,' crap.

What formation with our current squad is going to solve the problem of being overrun in midfield? I'm interested.

Reaching for the nearest cliche we need a manager that will steady things up and make us hard to beat. We were dreadful against Falkirk, better against Celtic, but today we were simply outclassed. The first game against Hamilton was the worst team performance I had seen from Hibs in thirty years, but today, well that was a new low.:grr:

As we were under Miller and initially Williamson?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-04-2010, 08:40 PM

Correct.

sixtwo
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I would rather he came out and said '' look, I know this is not good enough. The Hibs fans expect more and I expect more but mistakes have been made. I have chosen the wrong formations. I have played deeks out wide to try and keep all my players happy but it is not worked. Although deeks has got goals, it has been at the expense of a midfield. I am to blame for that. I have been too weak to drop a striker and I have tried to accomodate them all, sorry.
I am also aware that I have not set my team up in a way that is difficult to beat. I have to chose from some poor defenders and you can only pish with the cock you have got. Hogg is not good enough, Bamba can be a bombscare at times, mcCormack is poor and the two young boys (wotherspoon and Hanlon) have been forced into a team with shte defenders to learn from.
I give too much respect to my players. I cannot tell Miller and Stokes how to play because they have been at a higher level than me and they think i'm their pal.
I'm gonna try my best to get the best out of these guys. I believe they can produce it.
We'll all go out on tuesday night, get absolutely steaming and talk about it!