PDA

View Full Version : Media Hughes Reaction (BBC Radio Interview)

PaulSmith
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8613566.stm

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
"Maybe I, as the manager, need to try and make us harder to beat"... That could have been useful! What you been doing in the meantime?!

Lmc2105
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
[/URL][URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8613566.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8613566.stm)

Reporter says you must be kicking a few backsides in there (Hughes) nah am staying kl calm and collective

you have to be kidding eh?
we pay 22 quid to watch that and he says he isn't kidding backsides!:grr::grr:

Niffy
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry , but that interview could have been recorded 4 or 5 weeks a go in bits.
Yogi's obviously not kickin ***** as he thinks the players need cuddles more than a boot in the baws.

Erz.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
"Maybe I, as the manager, need to try and make us harder to beat"... That could have been useful! What you been doing in the meantime?!

A dim bulb brightens?

Reporter says you must be kidding a few backsides in there (Hughes) nah am staying kl calm and collective

you have to be kidding eh?
we pay 22 quid to watch that and he says he isn't kidding backsides!:grr::grr:

Calm and collective? Why can't he just take the blame himself, instead of trying to spread it around?

Jim44
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM

He doesn't have a clue as to whats going on with the team. Still, he can joke and laugh with the media, so all must be well with the world. Ever get the feeling the media are laughing at him. :yawn:

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Maybe it time to change the system:faf:

Yogi GTF!

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:50 PM

Yogi GTF!

2-4-6-8
Burn the church and burn the state

Right on!!

:gun:

Spike Mandela
10-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Usual hot air and pish!

"looking for a reaction", if he has been it's the slowest reaction in bloody history:yawn:

Hibstrooper
10-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Usual hot air and pish!

"looking for a reaction", if he has been it's the slowest reaction in bloody history:yawn:

That bit really annoyed me; how many times has he said that since turn the of the year!

Also sounded way too chirpy considering the result. We've just been pumped by Hamilton again FFS :grr:

Niffy
10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Aye , widny be so bad if he sounded concerned.
The players will see & hear this and just think... ach it's ok , the boss still loves us.

mcfly
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
look on the bright side "maybe celtic will want yogi":bye:

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2010, 06:00 PM
3 seconds into the interview and he's laughing.

FFS Yogi there's bugger all funny about this.

We were all laughing with you at the start of the season but c'mon man its time to get serious.

HibbyKeith
10-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Just back.. have to say all that he said in that interview we said he would say while we were on the bus home.

usual pish about how we played some good stuff and its dissapointing. then he will use the words, Character, Spirit, Pride, culture in there somewhere.

"MIBBIE as a coach i have to help them, make them harder to beat"

F***kin really?

then you gotta laugh at the "I'd like to think that some of the hibs fans will say, hold it the now, we have surpased what we did last year"

note to Yogi... our last manager got the sack ffs! we were *****, season ticket sales would be an all time low if he had remained in the dugout, surpassing last year shouldnt have been hard and certainly nothing to shout about.

so... to sum up today in two words...

TYPICAL HIBS

rant over :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
3 seconds into the interview and he's laughing.

FFS Yogi there's bugger all funny about this.

We were all laughing with you at the start of the season but c'mon man its time to get serious.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qi2x4M8Cyc0/StZnYWkTBNI/AAAAAAAAA1s/k1jLjROD1S4/s320/axemurdererer

Nobody leaves till we get this sorted!!!!

(Lighten up mate, we're sh*te and he knows we are.)

Frazerbob
10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
That interview really could have been recorded after any of the pathetic performances over the last couple of months. He is becoming a parody of himself.

Jim44
10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Hughes has tried to play things down by saying that overall, this season has been successful. By my reckoning, our 'good' start to the season has been far outweighed by the depths to which the team has plummeted over the last couple of months. Even our 'good' spell was iffy and I think we fooled ourselves into thinking that we were going somewhere. The party's over as far as I'm concerned and I would say this season has been an unmitigated flop.

(((Fergus)))
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
No wonder the players have no respect.

truehibernian
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM
I think he sounded like a dead man walking to be honest. Too upbeat to the point he knows that the peg is shoogly and there is literally nothing he can do to refasten it. He's only got the one box of soldiers and they are broken.

crash
10-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Yogi GTF!

What system? There isn't one. Hoofball isn't a system. :grr:

Devine
10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
It honestly gets worse and worse. If he thinks its just been 6 weeks hes kidding himself and us!

His interviews are becoming embarassing to say the least same nonsesne week in week out he should at least be wise enough to realise that we arent going to be fooled by that we can see with our own 2 eyes the farcical situation we are in right now.

As for the laughing and joking in that interview...well look at the comments of the pundits on the radio about the players at the end havin a laugh. Who finds that funny cause I certainly dont yet players and management do!!?!? I certainly dont find it funny wasting decent money on that utter drivel so dont patronise us instead GET A F***ING GRIP!

DaveF
10-04-2010, 06:17 PM
It is the usual drivel, but what do you really expect him to say?

Would everyone be happy if he said that "so and so is *****, and I'll be dropping him as he's pish....."

I know we have been through this with Mixu, but every manager comes out with the same guff whether they are winning ("one game at a time") or losing "I'm proud of the effort..."

Fans put way too much emphasis on what is said after a game.

If Hughes does not kick ass (quietly) over this close season, then it's time to get the knives out.

Hainan Hibs
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM

Would everyone be happy if he said that "so and so is *****, and I'll be dropping him as he's pish....."

AYE:greengrin

Devine
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM

I know we have been through this with Mixu, but every manager comes out with the same guff whether they are winning ("one game at a time") or losing "I'm proud of the effort..."

If Hughes does not kick ass (quietly) over this close season, then it's time to get the knives out.

I expect not to be patronised as has happened on several occasions and I expect him to realise that there are growing numbers of people discontent with what has been happening over the past few months and not attack them through the media!

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 06:23 PM

Something along the lines of "I can see now what I've not been able to see for the last 4 months. The current set up is not working and things need to drastically change. Attitudes need to improve, as well as performaces. In the remaining five games each and every player needs to show me that they are worth taking into next season, because at the moment, very few of them are."

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
If he would only come out and say what we all know.
The vast majority of the players are just not good enough and no amount of cuddling is going to change that.
If he would just admit that he has made mistakes and now realises that several of the players have let him and the supporters down and their days at the Club are now numbered ,we might be able to back him.
But to continue to spout the same old garbage about knowing what needs to be done , the players doing brilliant over the season , putting arms round them and taking his slippers off proves to me that the man has lost it and must now be on borrowed time.

carnoustiehibee
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
listened to the 1st 2mins then just drifted away. same old same old, he doesny hae a clue.:blah::doh::zzzzz!::whistle::idiot:

DaveF
10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I expect not to be patronised as has happened on several occasions and I expect him to realise that there are growing numbers of people discontent with what has been happening over the past few months and not attack them through the media!

Do you seriously believe that he doesn't know what's wrong?

There is nothing he can about it just now. If he put's in kids and we are slaughtered he'll be nailed for ruining their progression \ confidence, so he's going to have to piss with the cock he has for now.

He's under pressure, little doubt about that and he needs to have a clear out in the summer and bring in his players which can play his formation - As let's face it, it looks like he's not for moving from a 4-3-3.

I'm far from happy, but I'm willing to see what happens come next season before going totally radio rental :greengrin

Brizo
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Put a flumpin sock in it Yogi. Yogis love affair with the sound of his own voice knows no bounds :grr: Tonight was a night where he would have said it best if he'd said nothing at all ... or at least keep it to the bare minimum given todays embarassment. Instead we get another verbose cliche ridden media monologue :grr:.

Toaods
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I'd have a bit more confidence if he came out and told us that he has now established that (insert number) players will be out of his plans shortly as we near season end. No need to name names..we know who they are, he might know who they are and they definitely know who they are.

Speedway
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I'd have a bit more confidence if he came out and told us that he has now established that (insert number) players will be out of his plans shortly as we near season end. No need to name names..we know who they are, he might know who they are and they definitely know who they are.

Just like Mixu got criticised for saying this time last season?

Devine
10-04-2010, 06:36 PM

There is nothing he can about it just now. If he put's in kids and we are slaughtered he'll be nailed for ruining their progression \ confidence, so he's going to have to piss with the cock he has for now.

He's under pressure, little doubt about that and he needs to have a clear out in the summer and bring in his players which can play his formation - As let's face it, it looks like he's not for moving from a 4-3-3.

I'm far from happy, but I'm willing to see what happens come next season before going totally radio rental :greengrin

Absolutely! Our results, way we've played and consistent lack of chances created since Xmas suggest he has no idea how to change it therefore, no idea on basic problems we are coming across week in week out!

Sumner
10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Not surprised Mister Hughes laughed, he can be amusing
for all the wrong reasons, like a naughty joke by Jimmy Carr for example

The_Sauz
10-04-2010, 06:40 PM
He has been saying the same things for months, the only thing that changes is his words!. :bitchy:
Now like a lot of people on here, I just can't stand Neil Lennon, but he sure did not mince his words about the Celtic players or their performance in his interview http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8613343.stm :greengrin

Niffy
10-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I've got the iphone app... iYogi

Select from a wealth of comic phrases for 59p...

"It's daown (yogi accent) ti me as the manager to get the best out of them"

"more of the same"

"bit unlucky"

"thought you were my pal"

"Big Colin's a player"

"Show what their made of in next 8 games"

"Show what their made of in next 7 games"

"Show what their made of in next 6 games"

"Show what their made of in next 5 games"

"Show what their made of in next 4 games"

Hainan Hibs
10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
We could bring back the .net Bingo game we had under Mixu:greengrin

Gala Foxes
10-04-2010, 06:46 PM
even the dire Alex Miller / Williamson teams never shipped 4 at Hamilton or 5 at Perth or 4 at home to Dundee Utd / cup hammering from St Johnstone in CIS and Dingwall SHAME

When I listened to Hughes after match "thoughts" driving back from Dingwall after that debacle I just about went off the road

As at Falkirk, if it goes against him he doesnt know how to change it

The Leith Boy done good bit is wearing thin

King Paddy
10-04-2010, 06:51 PM
What a load of rubbish from Hughes again. Excuse after excuse, seems to have no idea tactically. Yogi do me a favour and walk.

Sumner
10-04-2010, 06:52 PM
We could bring back the .net Bingo game we had under Mixu:greengrin

Mister Hughes has brought back the 4-3-3 we had under Mixu

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 06:55 PM

"more of the same"

"bit unlucky"

"Big Colin's a player"

Shoorly - "Shape up or ship out"?

King Paddy
10-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Just listened to the neil Lennon interview. very honest pulled no punches, totally unacceptable were words ref Celtic. You could learn a bit Yogi by listening to someone as honest as Lennon.

andudare2
10-04-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm far from happy, but I'm willing to see what happens come next season before going totally radio rental :greengrin no doubting that he knows whats wrong, however i along with a growing number of hibs fans do seriously believe that he does not have a ***** clue what to do to rectify it. man has been seriously found out i.m.o.

Andy74
10-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Hughes needs the players he has for the next five games. What would be the point in telling everyone they are crap? Business will be done when it's required and I don't think yogi will muck about this summer.

If he doesn't and next season is the same the yes it's not going to work.

DaveF
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
no doubting that he knows whats wrong, however i along with a growing number of hibs fans do seriously believe that he does not have a ***** clue what to do to rectify it. man has been seriously found out i.m.o.

What can he do?

For example, would you like him to drop Riordan for Galbraith?

Nish for Byrne?

Smith for Stack?

Move the back 4 around (a bit more!)

He's hardly flush with options.

As I've said plenty times already, ignore the post match interviews. They were all pish and wind when we were winning back at the start of the season and right now, it's all wind and pish.

Let him clear out the bottlers in the summer, bring in some new blood and then see what transpires.

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:09 PM
"move the back 4 around (a bit more)" you say?
- why Mister Hughes would never do a thing like that !!

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Hughes needs the players he has for the next five games. What would be the point in telling everyone they are crap? Business will be done when it's required and I don't think yogi will muck about this summer.

Telling them they are crap might just make some of the imposters work a bit harder to prove him wrong.

DaveF
10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
"move the back 4 around" you say?
- why Mister Hughes would never do a thing like that !!

You can be as flippant as you like with your 'Mister Hughes' but the facts stare you and me in the face.

Current personnel are not up to it. Grin and bear the next 5 games and save up your ***** humour :wink: until next season.

down-the-slope
10-04-2010, 07:13 PM

If he doesn't and next season is the same the yes it's not going to work.:agree:

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
You can be as flippant as you like with your 'Mister Hughes' but the facts stare you and me in the face.

Current personnel are not up to it. Grin and bear the next 5 games and save up your ***** humour :wink: until next season.

"flippant" you say? Did you think the personnel were up to it before Xmas? No?
Save my humour if you like Mister Spamheid, no charge.

DaveF
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
"flippant" you say? Did you think the personnel were up to it before Xmas? No?
Save my humour if you like Mister Spamheid, no charge.

Actually, no I didn't.

Like a lot of fans, I can't recall many games (perhaps M'well at ER) where have got it together for 90 minutes.

We had a lot of luck early in the season and that luck has changed in recent months.

January is not the time for wholesales changes (see Celtc for example) so I'm willing to see who he boots in the summer - I hope it's a lot of them.

Thankfully your not charging for your humour - It's pash :greengrin

Brizo
10-04-2010, 07:18 PM
What can he do?

Nish for Byrne?

Smith for Stack?

As I've said plenty times already, ignore the post match interviews. They were all pish and wind when we were winning back at the start of the season and right now, it's all wind and pish.

Let him clear out the bottlers in the summer, bring in some new blood and then see what transpires.

When we were beating RC 2 -1 at home and were already being overrun in midfield playing 3 midfielders vs their 5 midfielders he could have subbed Rankin for a defensive player Cregg or Thicot and protected the lead. Instead he replaced Rankin with Galbraith , we effectively went 424 , were even more overrun in m/field and conceeded an equaliser.

Just one example of trying to play champagne fitba with pomagne players. Yogi can bring in all the new blood he wants but if the "tactics" are 11 halftime , 21 the winner were goosed.

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Actually, no I didn't.

Like a lot of fans, I can't recall many games (perhaps M'well at ER) where have got it together for 90 minutes.

We had a lot of luck early in the season and that luck has changed in recent months.

January is not the time for wholesales changes (see Celtc for example) so I'm willing to see who he boots in the summer - I hope it's a lot of them.

Thankfully your not charging for your humour - It's pash :greengrin

All down to "luck", wow. Only "luck", wow. Couldn't be tactics,
all any manager needs is "luck", wow... "All You Need Is Luck, Luck is All You Need"

Thankfully you're not charging for your insight, pash indeed Mister Spamheid.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
When we were beating RC 2 -1 at home and were already being overrun in midfield playing 3 midfielders vs their 5 midfielders he could have subbed Rankin for a defensive player Cregg or Thicot and protected the lead. Instead he brought on Galbraith , we effectively went 424 , were even more overrun in m/field and conceeded an equaliser.

Just one example of trying to play champagne fitba with pomagne players. Yogi can bring in all the new blood he wants but if the "tactics" are 11 halftime , 21 the winner were goosed.

He definitely blew that game. Personally, I didn't think things went pear shaped until the subs came on.

DaveF
10-04-2010, 07:26 PM
all any manager needs is "luck", wow... "All You Need Is Luck, Luck is All You Need"

You are twisting my words.

I didn't say it was all down to luck - I said we had the luck in the early part of the season, whereas latterly we have had a whole heap of bad luck. If you disagree with that, then clearly you haven't been at many games.

However, of course Hughes has made tactical mistakes. I'm not daft enough to say otherwise as it's plainly not the case.

All I'm advocating is that we lay off the witch hunt (for now :greengrin) until he clears the decks at season's end.

And clear the decks he must, or it's his own arse that'll be booted.

Removed
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM

That is not what Spamheid was saying though is it.

Try reading his post again and making a sensible response.

vahibbie
10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Just listened to the neil Lennon interview. very honest pulled no punches, totally unacceptable were words ref Celtic. You could learn a bit Yogi by listening to someone as honest as Lennon.

hate the wee ginger ****....but a damn sight more honest interview than our Yogi's.

crash
10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
What can he do?

Oh dear, the old " we dont need bottlers we need battlers" pub team philosophy. If Yogi is still in place in the summer he will empty the football players with disastrous consequences.:bitchy:

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
That is not what Spamheid was saying though is it.

Try reading his post again and making a sensible response.

No. I'm too spellbound by the chick on the motorcycle.
Before old mother time & the tattoo fairy visited her, classy.

Removed
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
No. I'm too spellbound by the chick on the motorcycle.
Before old mother time & the tattoo fairy visited her, classy.

Oi, that's Legends of 73's misses you've just insulted. Do you know how big he is :timebomb:

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Oi, that's Legends of 73's misses you've just insulted.
Do you know how big he is :timebomb:

Who made 73 misses? Did we have that many shots today?

Oh, missus, right. Is he as big as her inflated... ego?

FitbaFolkKen
10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
One of the players was heard saying this is embarrassing, or words to that effect.... JH - No i don't think it is...... I'm sorry but all due respect to hamilton, but there is no getting away from the fact it is incredibly embarrassing.

How he can consider that result anything other than embarrassing is beyond me :confused:

greenlex
10-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Thats all very well KP but whats lennon gonna do? Wholesale changes or piss with the knob he has? He might get a reaction or he might get them going further in their collective shells. Maybe he doesnt know his players like Yogi knows his. Maybe its the other way round and Yogi doesnt and Lennon does. Truth is time will tell but interviews IMO wont change anything. **** Celtic anyway.There is no steel in this hibs side and thats the bottom line. Its full of bottlers and needs to be cleared out big time.

CallumHibs07
10-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Not read the whole thread so could have been mentioned, but whenever Yogi says "between now to the end of the season" I always think he says "between nil to the end of the season". His now, sounds like a nil. Anyone thought the same?

:greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
10-04-2010, 09:25 PM
IMHO Hughes does not have a clue how to reverse our futures or sort out this mess of a football team. That being the case, I fully expect Petrie to (yet again) restrict the money that will be available to Hughes in the summer to bring in players - knowing full well if there is no improvement in the first few months of the new season he will be sacked.

Toaods
10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Not read the whole thread so could have been mentioned, but whenever Yogi says "between now to the end of the season" I always think he says "between nil to the end of the season". His now, sounds like a nil. Anyone thought the same?

:greengrin

nil

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
IMHO Hughes does not have a clue how to reverse our futures or sort out this mess of a football team. That being the case, I fully expect Petrie to (yet again) restrict the money that will be available to Hughes in the summer to bring in players - knowing full well if there is no improvement in the first few months of the new season he will be sacked.

the mess is mostly of his making.

Speedway
10-04-2010, 09:37 PM
the mess is mostly of his making.

The next manager will make his own mess as will the next and the next and the next and the next and the next.....

Removed
10-04-2010, 09:54 PM
That is a shocker of a post and totally uncalled for :bitchy:

I'm not quoting you to give you a chance to delete it and save your embarrasment

matty_f
10-04-2010, 09:56 PM
What can he do?

Nish for Byrne?

Smith for Stack?

:top marks

Gettin' Auld
10-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Business will be done when it's required and I don't think yogi will muck about this summer.
I sure hope so!

NOLA
10-04-2010, 11:28 PM
What can he do?

Nish for Byrne?

Smith for Stack?

He can only clear out " the bottlers " if they want to go, if their sitting pretty on a decent contract, the only way is to pay off the remainder of the contracts, unless another manager thinks he can afford to bid some cash, don't see it being that easy.

Steve-O
11-04-2010, 01:25 AM

It would appear not!

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 03:32 AM

Ahh I forgot he didnt have the whole of January to get fullbacks/midfielders in. He brought in a keeper who hasnt even featured in a squad yet. And has deployed the same formation all season long despite us being dominated by EVERYE SINGLE SPL team we have played this season.

"more of the same"

"bit unlucky"

"Big Colin's a player"

:top marks

The point would be that he wouldnt be taking the piss out of us fans who travel to watch the same ****ing drivel every week home and away. Anyone who says 'yeah but we're 4th etc etc' is not going to entertained now. Its far beyond even that now.

Devine
11-04-2010, 03:56 AM

The personnel he decided on at the start of the season. Lets not kid ourselves (or you spamheid) hes had more money/flexibility to bring in players than most SPL managers. Yet his team have faltered at every hurdle put in front of them.We are a running joke every week we see the full backs with no options in front of them yet that clown persists in playing the same yes hte SAME system week in week out. Our FB's are exposed at every opportunity due to his tactical naivety. You can go on and on trying to defend the indefesnsible but at the end of the day we all come o the same conclusion its nowhere near good enough.

Liam Miller being culprit in chief yes im sure the guy has ability ive seen it but as soon as we go under the cosh he goes hiding I challenge anyone to dispute that. We wonder ehy he never made it elsewhere here is case in proof of why he never fcking fairy!

But hey lets all clap The hibees and accept the utter drivel that is served GTF! I=

KWJ
11-04-2010, 04:02 AM
Just back.. have to say all that he said in that

then you gotta laugh at the "I'd like to think that some of the hibs fans will say, hold it the now, we have surpased what we did last year"

note to Yogi... our last manager got the sack ffs! we were *****, season ticket sales would be an all time low if he had remained in the dugout, surpassing last year shouldnt have been hard and certainly nothing to shout about.

rant over :grr:

eh, naw he didnae.

I have to admit I'd rather he sounded a bit more passionate about the severe dismantling we just took and the rather cringeworthy scoreline as we get closer to losing Europe. I'm sure he is hurting and I'm sure the players are made well aware of that.

He kept the same team that could have beaten Celtic, this time 2nd half they don't turn up. Bugger.

In Yogi I trust.

Devine
11-04-2010, 04:06 AM
eh, naw he didnae.

I have to admit I'd rather he sounded a bit more passionate about the severe dismantling we just took and the rather cringeworthy scoreline as we get closer to losing Europe. I'm sure he is hurting and I'm sure the players are made well aware of that.

He kept the same team that could have beaten Celtic, this time 2nd half they don't turn up. Bugger.

In Yogi I trust.

I did until yesterday thats the end of it for me! Defending him is no longer an option he has NO CLUE how to change a game!

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Whatever the reason .... Results like that are unacceptable for a club who want to be where Hibs want to be.

I for one expect humpings like that at Parkhead or Ibrox once every 4 seasons. Not at New Douglas Park !!!! ............. Ever !!!!

I like Yogi and would love him to do the business at Hibs, but he seems to be suffering from Mixu - Itis. A horrible disease which affects the parts of a managers brain which tell him that if your midfield is over run in every game you will get hee haw out of it.

The defence were lucky in the first part of the season, even the fans could see that, but as under Mixu, if your midfield are incapable of stopping the other team coming forward at will your defense will eventually crumble .... Even the best defense will.

As an attacking force our midfield are even worse. Look at Ross County yesterday, two goals scored by players making runs into the box from midfield. When was the last time Hibs scored a goal like that?

The other clubs know that Hibs attacking style is for the midfield to get the ball through the middle to Stokes or Nish. Or out wide to Riordan.

The other team dont have to look out for Rankin or Miller etc running from deep, so all the have to do is mark the others. As for Deeks, a great finisher usually, but he has no pace so the chances of him getting a telling cross in are nil.
Watch Deeks in action. he gets the ball out wide and always cuts back into midfield across the 18 yard box to try and shoot or he crosses it in from 20 yards back from the bye line which is an easy cross for a defended to deal with.

As for NIsh .. For a guy who is well over 6 feet tall he hardly ever scores a header and when he does he is on his knees to do it.

In short:

We need a right full back or winger who can get to the bye line and cross. Even then we still need a right back.

We need a centre half who can not only win the ball but pass it too

We need at least two midfielders who can contol the middle of the park, like the two guys for Dundee Utd last week.

We need a striker with pace and / or a striker who can out jump the centre half to head it in and not be on his backside 10 yards outside of the box if the ball does come in.

And finally we meed a manager who can see when its not working and do what is required to fix it. I for one hope that its Yogi, but the signs dont look good at the moment. Yes his tactical knowledge is in question, but shurely now its time for him to pin some of these pussies to the dressing room wall by the throat and explain to them that he has kids and would like it very mutch if they would make a better effort at keeping their dad in a job.

Hells Bells ... The list appears to be endless.

:grr::boo hoo::grr::boo hoo:

steakbake
11-04-2010, 10:04 AM
eh, naw he didnae.

In Yogi I trust.

I used to, but I'm not so sure now. I wanted Mixu to do well, but he couldn't cut it either. I really liked Collins who delivered us a trophy and could have delivered us another one had the team not had a hissy fit about having to actually work for their money. *** wasters some of them.

At the moment, our decline seems frighteningly similar to the way things went pear shaped for Yogi at Falkirk. I find it hard to believe or accept that at one point we had a fairly unassailable lead in 3rd place and were genuinely challenging a very poor celtic team for 2nd.

Yogi seems to think that high point is something we as fans should be grateful for but I'm not. It actually compounds my disappointment and annoys me even more to think that we had 3rd place by the scruff of the neck at one point and now we're 4th and a couple of bad results away from 6th. To be honest, I think its more likely we'll fall further than climb higher. There is nothing to be seen in the current Hibs team that leads me to think positively.

Add to that the fact that we seem to have a number of total passengers in the team who collect their absurd wages each week and give next to nothing back for them, its safe to say I'll be watching the rest of the season through my fingers.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Yip, he could learn how to lose 2-0 to Ross County.

steakbake
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Yip, he could learn how to lose 2-0 to Ross County.

He doesn't need to - unless you've forgotten we were outplayed by them at ER then quite rightly lost to them at Dingwall. At least Celtic were only embarrassed the once.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
He doesn't need to - unless you've forgotten we were outplayed by them at ER then quite rightly lost to them at Dingwall. At least Celtic were only embarrassed the once.

Ok, lets just appoint someone who is slightly less embarrassing.:faf:

steakbake
11-04-2010, 02:50 PM

The point I'm making is not that Lennon could be our manager - no thanks.

Celtic got beaten in a one-off cup semi final. As they always say in football cliches, anything can happen in a cup match and form goes out the window.

Embarrassing as yesterday's result is for sellick, we got found wanting by ross county in two games, one of those times was on our home patch. I'm sure if we faced them a third time, they'd still fancy their chances.

We are absolutely woeful just now and no amount of bluster from Yogi appears to be sorting that out. It's not a sudden dip in form. It is a collapse which has been going on since the turn of the year. There is nothing that he appears to be able to do to turn it around. As I've said before, its like a carbon copy of the end of his time at Falkirk.

Mikeystewart
11-04-2010, 02:57 PM
A better interview than I've heard in a while only questionable point being the arse kicking. I dont think it is necessarily the way to win players over by putting all the blame on them(McGee). I'm still backing him he needs at least 2 more transfer windows to prove his worth unless something drastic happens like relegation battle but I cannot see it coming to that. Players having confidence in the manager is allot more important than the fans having confidence.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
The point I'm making is not that Lennon could be our manager - no thanks.

Celtic got beaten in a one-off cup semi final. As they always say in football cliches, anything can happen in a cup match and form goes out the window.

Embarrassing as yesterday's result is for sellick, we got found wanting by ross county in two games, one of those times was on our home patch. I'm sure if we faced them a third time, they'd still fancy their chances.

We are absolutely woeful just now and no amount of bluster from Yogi appears to be sorting that out. It's not a sudden dip in form. It is a collapse which has been going on since the turn of the year. There is nothing that he appears to be able to do to turn it around. As I've said before, its like a carbon copy of the end of his time at Falkirk.

Its funny how our bad form get worse if you make it longer. The turn of the year you say, january 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 12th 15th? We were 2 points from 2nd in the middle of february. Hardly the turn of the year. Bluster from yogi you say. He's asked a question, and answers it, its funny how its great answers when we are winning, yet bluster when were not.

I thought Ross county deserved their win yesterday, and puts our result into perspective. Yes i'd expect us to beat them, but i suppose celtic thought the same.

Toaods
11-04-2010, 03:39 PM

but that will be progress (albeit a small step).

...is that not the philsophy you preach in Yogi's defence against those calling for him to be emptied? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 04:00 PM
but that will be progress (albeit a small step).

...is that not the philsophy you preach in Yogi's defence against those calling for him to be emptied? :wink:

Toads 1 Blackpool 0. :top marks:faf:

Toaods
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Toads 1 Blackpool 0. :top marks:faf:

:greengrin...glad you've taken it in the spirit it was intended....:cool2:

Davy Mac
11-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Just listened to his interview.

Confident interview IMO , I think he's had the nod of confidence from the board particularly with Yogi sitting next to Rod recently.

Not been the games recently due to work but I have to say, I was always thought if you get beat it's the manner of your defeat that should be measured.

Now if Yogi really belives these guys have what it takes then I think they might eventually bring him down so he better start planning to get rid of some of them soon.

matty_f
11-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Just listened to his interview.

Confident interview IMO , I think he's had the nod of confidence from the board particularly with Yogi sitting next to Rod recently.

Not been the games recently due to work but I have to say, I was always thought if you get beat it's the manner of your defeat that should be measured.

Now if Yogi really belives these guys have what it takes then I think they might eventually bring him down so he better start planning to get rid of some of them soon.

I get the impression that he doesn't think that they have what it takes, and is already working on replacing them.:agree:

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
11-04-2010, 08:55 PM

Tactics my erchie - give me an example of this tactical knowledge yogi posesses ??? From what I've seen he canny read the game whether on the touchline or in the stand, mini midfield and players played out of position AND the worst tactical decision of all colin bl00dy nish !!!

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Tactics my erchie - give me an example of this tactical knowledge yogi posesses ??? From what I've seen he canny read the game whether on the touchline or in the stand, mini midfield and players played out of position AND the worst tactical decision of all colin bl00dy nish !!!

He brought on Galbraith against Celtic at parkhead, his pace turned the game, with him winning the game for us in the last minute.

monktonharp
11-04-2010, 11:58 PM
He brought on Galbraith against Celtic at parkhead, his pace turned the game, with him winning the game for us in the last minute.deary f/kin me:yawn: that was a real tactical move,it was.

monktonharp
12-04-2010, 12:37 AM
there are a couple of constants on here,that somehow try and defend Yogi's tactics on the park,and I for one am not buying it. Spamheid,over 18000 posts and Andy74, over 8000 posts ,are you the same person? or are you on the books of HFC or are you /both genuine Hibernian fans? never mind the pish aboot Yogi finding out who he needs to get rid off,who's pish etc. the fans know there is some total gash that needs emptied and any manager,hoping to stay as manager of a club like HFC should be able to suss out the dross very sharply,or he should not be in the job.my grandaughter's school pencil can see that Yogi husnae a f/kin clue,regarding tactics when he has constantly played a 433 system,and when the game starts running away from him,reverts to an astonishing 424 at times. he will never be forgotten for losing the plot,against R.County at ER and not holding on to what we had,2-1 despite playing rather sheite and hit by bad luck,IM own goal and DR offside that never was.,then snatching the lead back in Dingwall,unable to keep that. these will be the abiding memories of another ex-manager if he does not stop this stupid pish of a system he has,and drops some of the pish players he insists are great lads etcetc.

KWJ
12-04-2010, 03:59 AM
See for me the abiding memory of the season will be beating Celtic at Parkhead but hey ho.

I agree with you that the tactics seem to need tinkered at the least and I'm sure Yogi will do something about that in time, yeah he probably should have changed it already and he has made slight changes from what I can gather but they haven't worked either.

I think this bit on the official site is a decent comment from the big man.

The fourth goal was the worst one for me as you can't defend the way we have been defending and expect to win football matches. As a coach or a manager I have been looking at it for a while and maybe we are not as good as we think we are - maybe we need to go in there and change the set-up to make us hard to beat. Maybe we were too expansive, maybe I need to do that. We are going to have to play a lot better than that if we want to win matches in the top six and try and get that European spot. Maybe it has frightened them, me talking about a European spot, perhaps one or two of them don't have that mindset but I have been there myself. I have been a player when one or two things haven't gone for you and you are missing that wee bit of confidence.

"I have been there and what you need to do is to stick together and dig it out. I am looking for characters and it might not be on the training pitch, it might be in a team meeting, one-on-one or it might be someone getting hold of his team mate and saying 'come on we have come so far this year, let's go see if we can win the games to take us where we want to go'."

Certainly a change of mindset is required from the side if they are to avoid further showings of this nature. Having fought their way back from the first penalty kick reverse, early in the second half they had it all to do again when yet again going behind from the penalty spot. Hamilton were not about to let the gift pass them by a second time, and by the time Benjelloun had missed a penalty award in Hibernian's favour it did not really matter anyway as the match was beyond winning for the side, by then 4-1 down: "There are no excuses and I am not one for making them. You need to get on with it, to adjust and go and play football. All I will say to the fans is there has been a few times this season when we have let ourselves down, including today - but let's not take anything away from Hamilton and it takes time to get it right.

"What the boys have given me up until now, top six, done, good on you, now let's see if we can get that European spot. I am honest enough to tell you if we play like we did today in the remaining games we won't get it. We need to show greater battling qualities but that is why I was brought here, to get it right and to being that to the club. It is a work in progress yet everybody thinks it is about getting one or two players in but its not, it is about setting standards and creating a culture at the club that these guys have to go and play to."

Apart from perhaps the bit at the end which is admittedly what we've been hearing for a fair while (which was never going to be an overnight thing anyway) it shows he knows changes have to be made.

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2010, 07:26 AM
deary f/kin me:yawn: that was a real tactical move,it was.

What was it then, luck?

euro Hibby
12-04-2010, 08:09 AM
I have to agree that generally Yogi does seem to be clueless. I think we have been really luck in the first part of the season winning games with luck or via some bit of brilliance by individual players. True the pitch has not been a help but the form over the last few months has been so bad that you need to ask questions about the managerial ability we have ? Losing games is Ok but its how we have lost them that makes me wonder ?

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:15 AM
He brought on Galbraith against Celtic at parkhead, his pace turned the game, with him winning the game for us in the last minute.

Aye, yet he's still failed to get a start this season, is he doing something horribly wrong in training? It's not as if anyone is keeping him out the team.

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Aye, yet he's still failed to get a start this season, is he doing something horribly wrong in training? It's not as if anyone is keeping him out the team.

What has that to do with someone saying he's not made any tactical changes, that have worked?

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 11:05 AM
What has that to do with someone saying he's not made any tactical changes, that have worked?

What i mean is he does well by making the correct sub, but then doesn't even bring him on in the next match against St.Mirren which we toiled in.

Andy74
12-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Derek Riordan and his 15 goals or so from the left wing might argue with that.

There was a thing in the Evening News last week with hughes saying he didn't think glabraith was quite ready tet.

This Galbraith thing is getting a bit like Yantorno! If he was tbe best player curently for the position he'd get it.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Derek Riordan and his 15 goals or so from the left wing might argue with that.

There was a thing in the Evening News last week with hughes saying he didn't think glabraith was quite ready tet.

This Galbraith thing is getting a bit like Yantorno! If he was tbe best player curently for the position he'd get it.

True but we should have Riordan upfront and it woiuld give Galbraith more of a chance.

Well no one is really keeping him out the team, i don't see the harm in giving him a start and if he doesn't make an impact then fair enough, but i think it would be worth a try.

500miles
12-04-2010, 05:42 PM
It's obvious that Yogi is endevouring to ensure that we play the game in a certain way, first and foremost. He picks teams suited to knocking the ball about, but sadly a lot of the players most suited to that struggle when the opposition are in your face and highly competitive. Miller, Riordan and Stokes will never make such aspects of thier game thier strongest point.

What he is saying now is that he may need to change the system - ie. change the way he has prioritised his setup. Instead of players who he thinks will outclass the opposition, we may need to put in the players who can kick harder, work more intensely, and have more discipline. Yogi is currently sending us out to play the best football possible, but because we struggle to get possession with those players, or those players are too easily out-muscled and out-worked, we fall flat. It has never been hoofball by our own design, but it is the opposition who set out to force us into playing in a way which doesn't suit us.

We may change the team to be something that is more about percentages, and more physically dominating. It won't make the football of a better quality, but many fans will think it is because we are more dominant rather than being more technically skilled.

Bostonhibby
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM

No really but I think actions speak louder than words and we are still hearing too many words, usually the same ones rearranged in different order, and for quite a while now the effect has been minimal, if anything worse.

matty_f
12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
No really but I think actions speak louder than words and we are still hearing too many words, usually the same ones rearranged in different order, and for quite a while now the effect has been minimal, if anything worse.

Even if the actions aren't in bold and big letters?:greengrin