PDA

View Full Version : Time for the club to publicly slate the players?

Hibby70
10-04-2010, 05:24 PM
I've thought in the past that any official slating of players should be done behind closed doors. However I now believe that the club now needs to publicly state that players will be moved on who continue to show the attitude shown over the last few months.

I'd start by transfer listing a couple as an example and sacking the manager. There is something obviously not right at our club. Now's the time to do it, not when we are toying with relegation.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I think an Open Letter is the very least we deserve.

stubru59
10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I've thought in the past that any official slating of players should be done behind closed doors. However I now believe that the club now needs to publicly state that players will be moved on who continue to show the attitude shown over the last few months.

I'd start by transfer listing a couple as an example and sacking the manager. There is something obviously not right at our club. Now's the time to do it, not when we are toying with relegation.

Agree with your sentiments. But will it actually change anything in the here and now if we state publicly who is for the chop?

Don't doubt all is not right. Don't doubt we need change. Just doubt that naming the "guilty" is going to put it right.

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Slate the players you say?

truehibernian
10-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Who would buy these transfer listed players ? Whether we like it or not, these very players were the one's who catipulted themselves into second and third in the SPL, players who were being hailed and touted in World Cup squads, players who were seeing their names on new strips worn by young fans. It's easy peasy lemon sqeazy to turn on the playing staff and in a red mist, transfer list players, slate players, humiliate them. But really, what does it achieve, in a football world full of over paid, disinterested, unconcerned players ? Is it not better to have them showcase themselves, but in a way that shows they are playing for the jersey. That means having some around them that they genuinely fear in the dressing room, players that on the pitch are not afraid to go up to the "prima donna" element and grab them by the jersey (literally) and get the crowd going and support those that genuinely show passion, fight and desire ? Hibernian, right now, need experience......a Keane, a Lennon, a Sutton, a Weir, a Ferguson, a Pressley, a Souness.......someone who has maybe done the rounds, but at SPL level can still offer something. Our side has absolutely no leaders, is rudderless, and when the chips are down, are too easy to fold. In short......we need a few hard bar stewards in there to rip them new holes now and again, on and off the pitch. That doesn't need any open letters or fans protests......it just needs to be said and done on the pitch for us all to see IMO.

vahibbie
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Slate the players you say?

Not good enough.
Public floggings what some of them need.
Never did me any harm:wink:

Sumner
10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Not good enough.
Public floggings what some of them need.
Never did me any harm:wink:

We could try flogging, but who would buy them? :wink: