PDA

View Full Version : Scoring with a penalty

stubru59
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
What is about this team that we can only convert three of the seven penalties we have been awarded this season?

Where are all our so called natural finishers? Is taking and scoring from a penalty really all that difficult?

Answers to: John Hughes c/o East Mains Training Academy.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:14 PM
What is about this team that we can only convert three of the seven penalties we have been awarded this season?

Where are all our so called natural finishers? Is taking and scoring from a penalty really all that difficult?

I'd write to him, but they won't let me have anything sharp.

What concerns me is the lack of flair in the team at the moment.

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 05:16 PM

You'd think we'd have learned how to score penalties by now... We watch other teams score them against us often enough.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM
You'd think we'd have learned how to score penalties by now... We watch other teams score them against us often enough.

What can you do, short of going £40m into debt? I blame the Methadone.

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
We should fork out 65k a week for a player who will score pens for us.

It worked for celtc. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
We should fork out 65k a week for a player who will score pens for us.

It worked for celtc. :agree:

Didn't work today though. :greengrin

oconnors_strip
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
like many other teams, we should have one player and one player only who should take penalties, unless he isnt on the pitch. none of this petty arguing and pushing each other out the way to get the ball:grr:

Mon_the_cabbage
10-04-2010, 10:16 PM
like many other teams, we should have one player and one player only who should take penalties, unless he isnt on the pitch. none of this petty arguing and pushing each other out the way to get the ball:grr:

We do, it's Benji.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-04-2010, 10:29 PM
We do, it's Benji.

Benji's penalties this season have been pish. Not seen today's but all the rest have been exaclty the same. Slightly to the goalies left with no pace or direction. Got lucky with the ones he scored cause the goalie dived the other way. If you watch Kris Boyd take a penalty that how they should be taken, hard and either high or low into the corner.

Westie1875
10-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Rankin was ICTs penalty taker when he was with them and I don't recall him missing many (if any), get him on them from now on.

oconnors_strip
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
We do, it's Benji.

i dont think he is as they were arguing about who would take it, but if you think its benji then he should be demoted from that position pronto!

marinello59
11-04-2010, 12:34 AM
What concerns me is the lack of flair in the team at the moment.

I think the problem may be the lack of flares. We were much better back in the days of Slade.:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Just seen Alexander score two great penalties for Burnley. Head down and confident. That is the way to do it. Any forward who misses a peno should be ashamed.

BonnieFitbaTeam
11-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Any professional footballer who misses a peno should be ashamed.

Fixed that for you.

Alexander's record from the spot is excellent - with quite the most unusual technique !