PDA

View Full Version : Over the top reactions

cjhibee1
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
We have had plenty of poor results over the last few months. In that time, the performances on the pitch have also been less than good. However, to call on sacking a manager for a few bad results isn't right. Every Hibs team I have ever seen has fallen apart in Feb/March period.

Yogi has not had enough time to assemble a team. And I would urge people to look at his record overall. We had a massive unbeaten run and since that we have declined. He has said he needs time. I'd hope that supporters will give him time. Although his tactics sometimes aren't good, he doesn't make subs fast enough nor does he set the team up right. But we don't have the best team in the world, we have big weaknesses, largely caused by the previous regime. The best thing about the manager has been the signing of players. More or less every player he has brought in has improved the team.

The reason I am backing Hughes is because I don't believe any manager in our price range can do better and because he has improved the football.

James70
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
If this poor run continues for the rest of this season and into next season he won't be around that much longer IMHO.

Albanian Hibs
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Over the top????

4-1 Hamilton
4-2 Dundee Utd
5-1 St Johnstone
2-1 Ross County
2-1 Hertz

and so on........

can you blame us :confused:

cjhibee1
10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Over the top????

4-1 Hamilton
4-2 Dundee Utd
5-1 St Johnstone
2-1 Ross County
2-1 Hertz

and so on........

can you blame us :confused:

I can admit those performances were absolutely crap and embarrassing but who's any better?

H18sry
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I can admit those performances were absolutely crap and embarrassing but who's any better?

Stevie Wonder can see our midfield is too small and over run all the time :grr:

Elephant Stone
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Giving Hughes more time to build a team would be more appealing if he could manage to set up the current team in a way which which doesn't allow us to get shafted week after week. I don't understand how he can watch our virtually non existent midfield game after game and not do anything about it.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Stevie Wonder can see our midfield is too small and over run all the time :grr:

Was he at the game? :cool2:

MSK
Giving Hughes more time to build a team would be more appealing if he could manage to set up the current team in a way which which doesn't allow us to get shafted week after week. I don't understand how he can watch our virtually non existent midfield game after game and not do anything about it.Yip ...:top marks

Hibeebor
We have had plenty of poor results over the last few months. In that time, the performances on the pitch have also been less than good. However, to call on sacking a manager for a few bad results isn't right. Every Hibs team I have ever seen has fallen apart in Feb/March period.

Yogi has not had enough time to assemble a team. And I would urge people to look at his record overall. We had a massive unbeaten run and since that we have declined. He has said he needs time. I'd hope that supporters will give him time. Although his tactics sometimes aren't good, he doesn't make subs fast enough nor does he set the team up right. But we don't have the best team in the world, we have big weaknesses, largely caused by the previous regime. The best thing about the manager has been the signing of players. More or less every player he has brought in has improved the team.

The reason I am backing Hughes is because I don't believe any manager in our price range can do better and because he has improved the football.

Agree with the part in bold... However this has gone far beyond a few bad results... We're getting trounced by almost every team we come up against. Definatley not good enough. The risk here is either stick with a manager who seems clueless at the moment, and hope he comes good with signings in the summer... Or get a new guy in and let him build his own squad. As for me, totally undecided.

Spike Mandela
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Are you saying this is the best we can expect with our resources????????

Keith_M
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM

:faf:

Fifer
10-04-2010, 04:57 PM

We were very lucky on numerous games during the unbeaten run.

Jim44

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 'It's time we had an ostrich smillie in green colours.'

Gettin' Auld
Was he at the game? :cool2:
Aye - With a "restricted view" ticket. :devil:

cjhibee1
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Are you saying this is the best we can expect with our resources????????

With the team he has inherited it will be a while before we are consistant. We have the resources to do better but people have short memories. It wasn't so long ago we were being touted for second.

cjhibee1
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM

You think it was better with Mixu?

Saorsa
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM

The reason I am backing Hughes is because I don't believe any manager in our price range can do better and because he has improved the football.Are you serious? I've seen nothing fitba wise this season that has been any better the the guff we turned out when Mixu was the manager.

Spike Mandela
10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
With the team he has inherited it will be a while before we are consistant. We have the resources to do better but people have short memories. It wasn't so long ago we were being touted for second.

Which makes this slump seem even worse. The myth of Yogi as master motivator is surely shattered.

cjhibee1
10-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Which makes this slump seem even worse. The myth of Yogi as master motivator is surely shattered.

When was the last a Hibs team didn't have a slump mid season?

EasterRoad4Ever
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM

Utter twaddle. The results AND the performances of this Hibs team have been abysmal for MONTHS. If Hughes could actually articulate what has been going wrong, what he was doing about it, how he was going to fix things, what was and wasn't unacceptable, or shown some aptitude in reversing our fortunes during games with tactical changes or subs then maybe we could have some hope. But Hughes has done NONE of these and appears to be incapable of addressing the problems.

IMHO we are just wasting our time with Hughes. He's little more than one of the lads who's been given the keys to the Managers Room and is no better than Mixu.

Spike Mandela
10-04-2010, 05:05 PM

Point is,there are slumps and then again there are SLUMPS!!:greengrin

cjhibee1
10-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Point is,there are slumps and then again there are SLUMPS!!:greengrin

I think this slump is more disappointing because we had false hope that this season was going to be special.

Mikey
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM

Does that make it acceptable?

Mikey
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Giving Hughes more time to build a team would be more appealing if he could manage to set up the current team in a way which which doesn't allow us to get shafted week after week. I don't understand how he can watch our virtually non existent midfield game after game and not do anything about it.

Post of the week.

YetholmHibee
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Are you serious? I've seen nothing fitba wise this season that has been any better the the guff we turned out when Mixu was the manager.

:agree: :top marks

I cannot remember a game at Easter Road that I have enjoyed this season or last season - no entertaining football from Hibs at all.

They all look unfit too!

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM

When was the last time a Hibs team had a slump, middle and end of season... And this is so much more than a slump, its a self destruct sequence.

cjhibee1
10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Does that make it acceptable?

Its not acceptable but it is something that happened to Mowbray & Collins. Managers who are generally seen as successes at Hibs.

MSK
10-04-2010, 05:24 PM
When was the last time a Hibs team had a slump, middle and end of season... And this is so much more than a slump, its a self destruct sequence.It should have **** all to do wi slumps imo..players at hibs have one of the best training facilities in the UK ..they are ****ing molly coddled & on good wages ...why the **** should they slump ..?...something aint right within the set up ..be it coaching or other ..this cant continue ..this recent run has been an absolute disgrace !!!!..its embarrasing ..!!!!

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Its not acceptable but it is something that happened to Mowbray & Collins. Managers who are generally seen as successes at Hibs.

Collins brought us one of the best days I've had out as a hibby, the CIS cup. Mowbray brought us some beautiful football, which was a pleasure to watch, even if it didn't always produce an end result... Hughes has brought us the square root of a pie in the face. Great start (albeit fortunate)... Horrible, horrible conclusion.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Collins brought us one of the best days I've had out as a hibby, the CIS cup. Mowbray brought us some beautiful football, which was a pleasure to watch, even if it didn't always produce an end result... Hughes has brought us the square root of a pie in the face. Great start (albeit fortunate)... Horrible, horrible conclusion.

What about the viaducts?

If Only
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Theres a difference between a slump and downhill skiing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-04-2010, 06:49 PM

Slump?? Slump?? We have consistently been shucking fite since the opening five minutes of the RFC game at ER at X-mas time. That is three months of league and cup football to put the brakes on at least, but just now we are going backwards quicker than Barry Ferguson.If you can't see that, you could well be the guy in H18SRY's posting.:cool2:

vahibbie
10-04-2010, 06:57 PM

Maybe that's the point:grr:

Yogi has had more resources available to him than any manager for a while he/we should not be having a slump:confused:
Anywey, it's way past the stage of being called merely a f'kn slump.

NorthNorfolkHFC
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Every Hibs team I have ever seen has fallen apart in Feb/March period.

I agree!

I just don't accept that we should condone mediocrity. Should a manager not be asking himself 'why' we capitulate in Feb/March? Every year we cannot just say "****** it, we always ****** up at this time of year".

This is just coincidence.

I love Hibs but there are alot of c**p coaches in Scottish football who don't have a clue but because they are ex-players they are regarded as knowledgeable!!
Unfortunately we have one!!!! He is passionate but is an entirely clueless manager who has know idea about psychology, physiology or how to coach/teach sportsmen?!!!!