PDA

View Full Version : Officially EMBARRASSING!!

Spike Mandela
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm all for being patient with a new manager while he builds a team but the form after Christmas has been seriously embarrassing.

I don't claim to know what the answer is, whether it's the manager or the players fault but do know this can't continue.

Yogi started the season saying it was 'work in progress' , 'fans to be patient' and he 'knew where he wanted the team to go ' but after Christmas he changed his tack and said he wanted third and to win the Scottish Cup. This team has seriously failed since then.

Players like Miller and Stokes have came in a great expense but badly under acheived since Christmas and teams like Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and now Hamilton have humiliated us with relegation type defeats. Most teams have passed us off the park and surly Hibs must be seen now as the easiest 3 points in the League.

How do we always manage it:grr:

Mango Man
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm all for being patient with a new manager while he builds a team but the form after Christmas has been seriously embarrassing.

I don't claim to know what the answer is, whether it's the manager or the players fault but do know this can't continue.

Yogi started the season saying it was 'work in progress' , 'fans to be patient' and he 'knew where he wanted the team to go ' but after Christmas he changed his tack and said he wanted third and to win the Scottish Cup. This team has seriously failed since then.

Players like Miller and Stokes have came in a great expense but badly under acheived since Christmas and teams like Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and now Hamilton have humiliated us with relegation type defeats. Most teams have passed us off the park and surly Hibs must be seen now as the easiest 3 points in the League.

How do we always manage it:grr:

Spot on man, it really is embarrassing!! Every single season we go through a bad patch but this has got to be one of the worst runs i have seen in a long time. Im sure JC took us on an 11 match winless run, but the performances on this run are abysmal. Truly woeful!! Certainly changed my mind about getting a season ticket next season. Might still go to a couple of games because i want to give yogi the time he deserves, but something is not right at the club just now. :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Fact???

monktonharp
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM

How do we always manage it:grr:not so much embarassing,more a case of -expected. if ever there was a football club that could put thereself on a pedestal,only to f/ck things up and fail in spectactular fashion....Hibernian are that club. seen it far too many times,and yet it still hurts.

Dalkeith
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Spot on man, it really is embarrassing!! Every single season we go through a bad patch but this has got to be one of the worst runs i have seen in a long time. Im sure JC took us on an 11 match winless run, but the performances on this run are abysmal. Truly woeful!! Certainly changed my mind about getting a season ticket next season. Might still go to a couple of games because i want to give yogi the time he deserves, but something is not right at the club just now. :grr:

does yogi deserve time, 2 wins in 13 and he cant change it, some would say he's had long enough, if players are trouble then drop them no matter who they are, yogi has had long enough to let them know who the boss is but on what i watched today the players don't give a monkeys

truehibernian
10-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Three different keepers played since Ibrox (3-1 defeat......the downturn), at least four different right backs, at least three left backs, at least four different centre half pairings, never a settled midfield and always one which includes Riordan on left, Nish playing when chronically off form, Stokes on bench when he is top scorer versus our nearest rivals at home, no pace or width, no real captains or leaders, players in lap dancing bars before crucial games, player charged with drink driving, player nearly in bother at local pub in Canonmills (unreported :wink:), manager sent to stand/sent off, youth/younger players admitting they are unhappy at not playing ahead of those playing poorly...........I think that more than covers why we are embarrassing, but I will happily stand corrected my hibee chums and chumettes. Oh, and a manager who both in a dugout and stand, cannot see that a 4-3-3 system, with Riordan on left and no pace, no desire, no battlers, no height, no physical presence doesn't work. In fact........a manager who sees very very little and gets ultra defensive when a seasoned BBC journo merely tells him what we have all been saying about his tenure at the club on forums and boards. Well squirm your Leith way out of this one Yogi with your usual rhetoric. Jeez, get Eddie T into that dressing room at his ripe old age and even now he would tear you all a new one. In typical Yogi fashion though he will take the players to yoga, tai chi, acupuncture, blah blah blah blah, instead of giving them all what they need. A right good leathering in the puss and made to run up Gullane dunes every day for a week until they vomit their Stella out their systems !

Hakim Sar
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
No manager deserves time when defeats turn into hammerings

I still blame the first team squad mostly, but today I really lost faith in Hughes . we have escaped relegation by the looks of it this year. when I think back to all the fairly lucky wins earlier it is abundantly clear that we are the softest team in league.

hibee for life - but season ticket next year is not gonna happen. pathetic and I hate so many of our players it's unreal