PDA

View Full Version : Hibs players seem happy after game???

cjward2
10-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Just heard from the BBC that today's Hibs players were out for the warm down 10 minutes after the game and there were some laughing and smiling, and in the words of observers "looking like they don't give a d**m"

I realise that people want Yogi's head on a plate, but what about these players??

I cannot understand why there are reports about players just not caring.

magnificent_seven
10-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Just heard from the BBC that today's Hibs players were out for the warm down 10 minutes after the game and there were some laughing and smiling, and in the words of observers "looking like they don't give a d**m"

I realise that people want Yogi's head on a plate, but what about these players??

I can, at the end of they day, they are still picking up £1-5000 per week.

Absolute disgrace.

new malkyhib
10-04-2010, 04:28 PM

You just beat me to it - it was Derek Ferguson who made the comments - hardly a guy who you'd associate with having any sympathy for Hibs (but by all accounts a good pro who looked after himself when he played), but he also added (i'm paraphrasing) something along the lines that "they don't seem to realise what the result means for Hibernian Football Club".

To see oursel's us ithers see us eh?

Time to empty these wasters - they were probably planning their latest piss-up tonight...

And here was me thinking that this manager wouldn't stand any nonsense?

bigstu
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
the guy on the radio said Hibs are a club in turmoil & they were a disgrace today but the players still find the time to have a laugh & go about with a smile on their faces after the game. he said it looks like they do not care one bit

Niffy
10-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Seems to be right enough.
They were expecting the Hibs team to be locked in for a grilling by Yogi for 10 - 15 minutes , but they were out straight away warming down and having a laugh.

Like no-one , including Hughes, thought anything was wrong.

Frazerbob
10-04-2010, 04:34 PM
In the opinion of the observers.
What if the reporter is wrong?

To be fair, it has been the opinion of many on here who have witnessed the last few months.

I came to the same conclusion in Dinwall when I witnessed yet another spineless performance from that bunch of wasters.

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Not 1 of them has a right to be at Hibernian Football Club.

Nothing but a group of future alcoholics.

Niffy
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Maybe some of them are there now.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Seems to be right enough.
They were expecting the Hibs team to be locked in for a grilling by Yogi for 10 - 15 minutes , but they were out straight away warming down and having a laugh.

Like no-one , including Hughes, thought anything was wrong.

Perhaps Hughes was the one facing the grilling?

MSK
10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Not 1 of them has a right to be at Hibernian Football Club.

Nothing but a group of future alcoholics.Thats a pretty pish thing to say imo ..

EasterRoad4Ever
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
the guy on the radio said Hibs are a club in turmoil & they were a disgrace today but the players still find the time to have a laugh & go about with a smile on their faces after the game. he said it looks like they do not care one bit

If this is true, then Hughes and all the players who were at it, should be dragged up before the Hibs Board to explain themselves. 2010 results have been nothing short of a disgrace to the club and I suspect Hughes will pay for it with his job in the summer. Its clear now that in the first 20 games the team were driven by the new manager effect and a lot of lucky breaks. Now that both have settled down, we appear to be a bottom 6 side who have punched above our weight.

At some stage, Petrie needs to realise that - relative to most of the other SPL teams - these Hibs players and the Manager have amazing resources at their disposal. Our expectations should reflect these resources - and just now Hughes is wasting them.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
If this is true, then Hughes and all the players who were at it, should be dragged up before the Hibs Board to explain themselves. 2010 results have been nothing short of a disgrace to the club and I suspect Hughes will pay for it with his job in the summer. Its clear now that in the first 20 games the team were driven by the new manager effect and a lot of lucky breaks. Now that both have settled down, we appear to be a bottom 6 side who have punched above our weight.

At some stage, Petrie needs to realise that - relative to most of the other SPL teams - these Hibs players and the Manager have amazing resources at their disposal. Our expectations should reflect these resources - and just now Hughes is wasting them.

Look out Rod, you're back in the frame. Thought you'd cracked it hiding behind the rubble of the East stand? Think again tache man, we know where you live!! :tsk tsk:

Seriously mate, I reckon Petrie will have a pretty good handle on what's going on. He's not been slow to move on duds in the past, and Yogi could well find himself signing an application letter for the Notts. County job shortly.

houston1875
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM

i think 1/2 of them think they can be better off at other club than hibs...we'll see!!

think summit is wrong inside club tho,maybe a couple of mr bigtimes in dressing room?

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Thats a pretty pish thing to say imo ..

Why?

All they can think about is when their next pish up is going to be at the next lap dancing bar.

Even on the pitch thats all they can think about.

They aren't footballers.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Why?

All they can think about it when their next pish up is going to be at the next lap dancing bar.

They aren't footballers.

Who doesn't?

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Who doesn't?

Players that play in better leagues for example.

We have players with so much potential to be playing top class football, but all they want to do is party all the time.

They just lost 4-1 to "Hamilton", and all they can do is have a laugh and a joke and discuss their plans for tonights big drinking session.

Anybody who isn't aiming for the top, doesn't deserve to be at any football club, let alone Hibs.

I want players that want to play and be the best they can be. Not players that play with 5% effort each week.

Even 99% effort isn't good enough for a club like Hibernian.

Baldy Foghorn
10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Benji came on as sub, and was standing laughing and joking with the Hamilton number 6....

Benji just concentrate on the game, and your penalties, rather than having a good laugh.......

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Players that play in better leagues for example.

We have players with so much potential to be playing top class football, but all they want to do is party all the time.

They just lost 4-1 to "Hamilton", and all they can do is have a laugh and a joke and discuss their plans for tonights big drinking session.

Anybody who isn't aiming for the top, doesn't deserve to be at any football club, let alone Hibs.

I want players that want to play and be the best they can be. Not players that play with 5% effort each week.

Even 99% effort isn't good enough for a club like Hibernian.

Lighten up mate, it was a joke. :greengrin

I honestly think all this bevvying stuff is over played, most of it is just rumour on this board.

Benji came on as sub, and was standing laughing and joking with the Hamilton number 6....

Benji just concentrate on the game, and your penalties, rather than having a good laugh.......

Call the police!!!!

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:26 PM

I honestly think all this bevvying stuff is over played, most of it is just rumour on this board.

Sorry, i'm just fumming. :greengrin

Then I need a week to recover for my fumming session next weekend. :wink:

Well i'm not sure if its over played or not.

But football players just shouldn't touch bevvy.

If you're drinking bevvy, then you aren't fully committed to the club you're playing for IMO. :agree:

smurf
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM
It says it all. They couldn't care.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry, i'm just fumming. :greengrin

Then I need a week to recover for my fumming session next weekend. :wink:

Well i'm not sure if its over played or not.

But football players just shouldn't touch bevvy.

If you're drinking bevvy, then you aren't fully committed to the club you're playing for IMO. :agree:

Understandable in the circumstances. Why don't you go out for a drink? :greengrin

Westie1875
10-04-2010, 05:31 PM
If this is true I'd like to know exactly who the culprits are who think they've got something to laugh about after that result today.

Yogi is not the main problem at Hibernian right now, there are far too many players who don't give a damn plodding along, not trying, and stealing wages from our club.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:34 PM
If this is true I'd like to know exactly who the culprit are who think they've got something to laugh about after that result today.

Yogi is not the main problem at Hibernian right now, there are far too many players who don't give a damn plodding along, not trying, and stealing wages from our club.

*cough* stokes *cough*

Frazerbob
10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
If this is true I'd like to know exactly who the culprit are who think they've got something to laugh about after that result today.

Whilst I agree that the players are a bunch of spineless wasters, surely it's the manager's responsability to ensure that the players adopt the correct attitude every week and if they don't he should get rid of them.

MSK
10-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Why?

All they can think about is when their next pish up is going to be at the next lap dancing bar.

They aren't footballers.So you know that exactly why ?..whats that got to do wi alcoholics..?

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Understandable in the circumstances. Why don't you go out for a drink? :greengrin

I feel safe staying indoors.

If I go out somewhere, I may bump into one of the players and find myself and him in the news papers the next day. :wink:

If I had the opporunity that these lads have, I wouldn't touch alcohol, I would be begging for training sessions to last longer and I would push myself to the limit in every game.

It angers me that these players(wasters) get these opportunities, when there are people out there who would give so much more, but never get the opportunity.

Baldy Foghorn
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Call the police!!!!

so you think it is OK for Benji to be having a good laugh during a game where we are being pumped????

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:38 PM
*cough* stokes *cough*

*Cough* "need a fag" - Nish *Cough

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:40 PM
So you know that exactly why ?..whats that got to do wi alcoholics..?

Yes, I do know that exactly.

They will be out on the lash tonight with their (hard earned :faf:) wages, having a laugh and a good time and not even thinking about the training for the following week.

hibee_girl
Is it really a surprise though? We've all seen them doing the same during the so called half time warm ups

Phil D. Rolls
I feel safe staying indoors.

If I go out somewhere, I may bump into one of the players and find myself and him in the news papers the next day. :wink:

If I had the opporunity that these lads have, I wouldn't touch alcohol, I would be begging for training sessions to last longer and I would push myself to the limit in every game.

It angers me that these players(wasters) get these opportunities, when there are people out there who would give so much more, but never get the opportunity.

I always feel safer indoors when I'm in Dunfermline! Get yourself down to Tappie's, you've no chance of meeting an overpaid footballer in there.

You've got a good point, though. At the same time, if you are surrounded by wasters who don't really care, it's harder to keep to your own standards.

Westie1875
10-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Whilst I agree that the players are a bunch of spineless wasters, surely it's the manager's responsability to ensure that the players adopt the correct attitude every week and if they don't he should get rid of them.

I agree, and I hope he does get rid as soon as he can. The attitude of our players in general hasn't been right since the whole revolt carry on under JC (which seems crazy as there are hardly any of the same players left).

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:41 PM
so you think it is OK for Benji to be having a good laugh during a game where we are being pumped????

I think you totally misunderstood the nature of his post. :wink:

MSK
10-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Yes, I do know that exactly.

They will be out on the lash tonight with their (hard earned :faf:) wages, having a laugh and a good time and not even thinking about the training for the following week.Which makes them wannabe alcoholics ..?...

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:43 PM

I couldn't give a sh*t. Doesn't change the result.

I realised years ago that the players all shake hands at the end, and go for a drink together.

I admit there does seem to be cause for concern at Hibs though. I wouldn't have thought that Mowbray, or Miller would have tolerated that sort of thing.

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
I always feel safer indoors when I'm in Dunfermline! Get yourself down to Tappie's, you've no chance of meeting an overpaid footballer in there.

You've got a good point, though. At the same time, if you are surrounded by wasters who don't really care, it's harder to keep to your own standards.

:agree:

It only takes 1 bad influence.

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Which makes them wannabe alcoholics ..?...

Well if drink is all they can think about, then there is only 1 way they're heading. :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I couldn't give a sh*t. Doesn't change the result.

I realised years ago that the players all shake hands at the end, and go for a drink together.

I admit there does seem to be cause for concern at Hibs though. I wouldn't have thought that Mowbray, or Miller would have tolerated that sort of thing.

Well I do give a sh*t.....

If they want to laugh and muck about during games, then they should be getting their ***** felt, for not being professional........

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Well I do give a sh*t.....

If they want to laugh and muck about during games, then they should be getting their ***** felt, for not being professional........

ooer missus!

Dashing Bob S
10-04-2010, 05:49 PM

I think if we were out of European contention, he probably would have dispensed with the usual soundbites and cliches, and told around half-a-dozen players they have no future at the club, and brought in several youth players.

However, while we have, he has to try and get the best out of them, and keep them going, in the hope that they put some performances together that will give us 4th (though 6th is more likely right now.)

My biggest criticism of him was the signing of another white elephant goalie. I think he probably needs a summer transfer window activity, (in fact Rod will insist on it, in order to sell ST's) and till Christmas. 18 months, as in Mixu's case, is enough to tell you whether or not the man is going to be up to the job.

In his case, the evidence is mixed. I'm still pro-Yogi, but the jury is definitely out right now, and I respect the views of people who think he should go, but I really feel that sacking him at this point would be unfair and foolish.

I'm at an absolute loss about this 9 hour week they seem to be operating on. The esprit d'corp seems to limited to the bars of George Street, and not transfering to the football field.

MSK
10-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Well if drink is all they can think about, then there is only 1 way they're heading. :confused:Fek it, im a hibbie ..its the only way ..:party:

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qi2x4M8Cyc0/StZnYWkTBNI/AAAAAAAAA1s/k1jLjROD1S4/s320/axemurdererer

Let's get pished!!!!

Nitten Hibee
10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
bunch of ***** :grr:

that is all :greengrin

The_Horde
10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Why?

They aren't footballers.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qi2x4M8Cyc0/StZnYWkTBNI/AAAAAAAAA1s/k1jLjROD1S4/s320/axemurdererer

Let's get pished!!!!

Posts of the ****ing day.

vahibbie
10-04-2010, 06:42 PM
In the opinion of the observers.
What if the reporter is wrong?

Oh for God's sake.:bitchy:

How much evidence do you need to grasp the fact that some of these imposters really....and I mean really, do not give a flying f'k about you, me and Hibs in general.

Sumner
10-04-2010, 06:46 PM
"imposters" you say? Surely not.

"Wideo urban gangstas with hearts of gold", perhaps?

Gettin' Auld
10-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh for God's sake.:bitchy:

How much evidence do you need to grasp the fact that some of these imposters really....and I mean really, do not give a flying f'k about you, me and Hibs in general.
:agree: ..........Sadly

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Look out Rod, you're back in the frame. Thought you'd cracked it hiding behind the rubble of the East stand? Think again tache man, we know where you live!! :tsk tsk:

Seriously mate, I reckon Petrie will have a pretty good handle on what's going on. He's not been slow to move on duds in the past, and Yogi could well find himself signing an application letter for the Notts. County job shortly.

What ever you think of Petrie , he is no mug. I would imagine he is absolutely fuming at the present situation. The Club has lost several hundred thousand pounds of income over the passed few weeks and the potential loss of season ticket sales will also be playing on his mind. Add to that the investment in the new stand and he has a lot to worry about.
Hibs may have had a lot of managerial changes over the past few years but most have went of their own accord. This time I think Petrie will be wondering if he can afford to let this situation rumble on.

Capt Mainwaring
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Since Christmas the team has been stumbling about from game to game like an old drunk. Today they finally collapsed into the gutter to the utter embarrassment and anger of all of us who witnessed it.

The buck stops at Hughes, as it does with all managers, but the players should be f***king ashamed of themselves. Some of them couldn't give a monkey's about the result, the performance or the end of season position - aptly demonstrated by the piss poor effort on show over the last few months.

God knows why I went throught today - Saturday afternoon routine hard to break I suppose. But that's it for me - no more. Good night Season 2009/2010.

A racing certaintly that we'll finish 6th - that gutless pile of s**te don't want it nearly as much as the fans and don't deserve our support.

:grr:

houston1875
10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
What ever you think of Petrie , he is no mug. I would imagine he is absolutely fuming at the present situation. The Club has lost several hundred thousand pounds of income over the passed few weeks and the potential loss of season ticket sales will also be playing on his mind. Add to that the investment in the new stand and he has a lot to worry about.
Hibs may have had a lot of managerial changes over the past few years but most have went of their own accord. This time I think Petrie will be wondering if he can afford to let this situation rumble on.

yer right petrie will be wondering..when you start seeing empty seats at home,usually its only a matter of time before the inevitable?

Was like when Hibs beat celtic at darkheid,pre robbie signing of course,there was a lotta empty seats that night?

basehibby
10-04-2010, 07:34 PM
You just beat me to it - it was Derek Ferguson who made the comments - hardly a guy who you'd associate with having any sympathy for Hibs (but by all accounts a good pro who looked after himself when he played), but he also added (i'm paraphrasing) something along the lines that "they don't seem to realise what the result means for Hibernian Football Club".

To see oursel's us ithers see us eh?

Time to empty these wasters - they were probably planning their latest piss-up tonight...

And here was me thinking that this manager wouldn't stand any nonsense?

Someone like Derek Ferguson (hardly someone at the heart of the Hibee consciousness) pointing this out puts it in sharp focus - after a result like today's Hughes would be quite justified in having the lot of them in for training at East Mains at 9am tomorrow am - maybe just maybe that'd wipe the smiles off their stupid puses! :grr:

Gala Foxes
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Someone like Derek Ferguson (hardly someone at the heart of the Hibee consciousness) pointing this out puts it in sharp focus - after a result like today's Hughes would be quite justified in having the lot of them in for training at East Mains at 9am tomorrow am - maybe just maybe that'd wipe the smiles off their stupid puses! :grr:

don't be silly - the Premiership "big shots" Stokes & Millar will be out on the town spending the money they earn from the team they don't give a ****** about - you cant expect them to train on a Sunday

Half hearted mercenaries pulling a wage

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 07:42 PM

Let's get pished!!!!

Chris Hoggs hit the bevvy early. :party:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images-4/crazy-drunk-man.jpg

JoeT_WasTheBest
10-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I think if we were out of European contention, he probably would have dispensed with the usual soundbites and cliches, and told around half-a-dozen players they have no future at the club, and brought in several youth players.

However, while we have, he has to try and get the best out of them, and keep them going, in the hope that they put some performances together that will give us 4th (though 6th is more likely right now.)

My biggest criticism of him was the signing of another white elephant goalie. I think he probably needs a summer transfer window activity, (in fact Rod will insist on it, in order to sell ST's) and till Christmas. 18 months, as in Mixu's case, is enough to tell you whether or not the man is going to be up to the job.

In his case, the evidence is mixed. I'm still pro-Yogi, but the jury is definitely out right now, and I respect the views of people who think he should go, but I really feel that sacking him at this point would be unfair and foolish.

I'm at an absolute loss about this 9 hour week they seem to be operating on. The esprit d'corp seems to limited to the bars of George Street, and not transfering to the football field.

:top marks agree with all of that Bob.

paullotion
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
You just beat me to it - it was Derek Ferguson who made the comments It was Steve Cowan who made the statement about the players joking about during the warm down. Honestly, Yogi needs to get a summer clear out, many of the current squad do not deserve another season. If we go into next season with the majority of players still in place, we`ll do nothing next year. They have no hunger/desire to win

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM

was Steve Cowan our ex striker and he was bang on the money in what he said.

Derek Ferguson weighed in with similar thoughts

Maybe the players heard them and that's why they were laughing

Too many imposters picking up wages IMO

Capt Mainwaring
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
was Steve Cowan our ex striker and he was bang on the money in what he said.

Derek Ferguson weighed in with similar thoughts

Maybe the players heard them and that's why they were laughing

100% correct. Too many players who may have a degree of individual skill - but cannot form an organised and hard working team. Too many players expecting others to do the hard graft.

In particular Riordan, Stokes, Miller, Benji and Thicot.

if you add in the incompetent McCormack, Rankin, and Nish ( and Hogg when present)- then it doesn't take Sir Alex to suss out where it's gone wrong!

greenlex
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I watched a fair bit of the warm down and did not see any of the players laughing and joking. I did see players in groups discussing the game and showing at least some sort of frustration. Not saying it didnt happen and if I did I would be raging and naming names for sure.

An Leargaidh
10-04-2010, 09:05 PM
The thing is, due to the young age of professional footballers nowadays, a lot of young up and coming lads will look at any improper conduct or behaviour that is exhibited by first team guys and a few will think that such behaviour is acceptable. I'd happilly show more commitment for £500/week and if others did too it might shake the apple cart and change attitudes in the first team.

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
The thing is, due to the young age of professional footballers nowadays, a lot of young up and coming lads will look at any improper conduct or behaviour that is exhibited by first team guys and a few will think that such behaviour is acceptable. I'd happilly show more commitment for £500/week and if others did too it might shake the apple cart and change attitudes in the first team.

Now there is another thing. Up and coming lads. Where are they?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-04-2010, 09:47 PM

oconnors_strip
10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Now there is another thing. Up and coming lads. Where are they?

some are sitting on the bench, thinking to themselves what the **** do i have to do to get a chance!!!:grr:

give the young lads a chance yogi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grr:

PapillonVert
10-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Posts of the ****ing day.

Made me LOL. Genius. :thumbsup:

(Although "many a true word spoken in jest").

gorgie_harp
10-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Got to get they ***** out the boozer first.:grr::grr::grr:

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2010, 02:07 AM
something seriously wrong if the players think anything about yesterday is a laughing matter........

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Filled Rolls is easily the most unfunny/pointless poster here.

Things are ****ing dreadful at the moment and he would rather post silly pictures and make light of the situation.

I for one do not take spending my hard earned following this bunch of imposters lightly.

Gettin' Auld
11-04-2010, 10:22 AM
100% correct and the sooner they get launched, the better. :bye:

Hibs90
11-04-2010, 10:25 AM

Nah were no a bottom six side - Hertz on the other hand. :wink:

Agree though, if that's true about the players then it is a disgrace. Everyone of them should just **** off.

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Filled Rolls is easily the most unfunny/pointless poster here.

Things are ****ing dreadful at the moment and he would rather post silly pictures and make light of the situation.

I for one do not take spending my hard earned following this bunch of imposters lightly.

Sorry mate, there's things that are a lot more important in life than worrying about football. Maybe you need to take a step back and think about that.

(The ignore button is a boon for posters you don't like by the way. I use it all the time)

Noo, away an' cry yersel tae sleep on yer big pillow!!!

TornadoHibby
11-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Since Christmas the team has been stumbling about from game to game like an old drunk. Today they finally collapsed into the gutter to the utter embarrassment and anger of all of us who witnessed it.

The buck stops at Hughes, as it does with all managers, but the players should be f***king ashamed of themselves. Some of them couldn't give a monkey's about the result, the performance or the end of season position - aptly demonstrated by the piss poor effort on show over the last few months.

God knows why I went throught today - Saturday afternoon routine hard to break I suppose. But that's it for me - no more. Good night Season 2009/2010.

A racing certaintly that we'll finish 6th - that gutless pile of s**te don't want it nearly as much as the fans and don't deserve our support.

:grr:

Not much in there that a realistic Hibs fan can realistically challenge IMO! :confused:

Something very drastic must happen now if we are to have any prospect of enjoying next season as the current incumbents of the relevant (key) positions within the club (players and management) are showing little signs of justifying the Club trusting them to deliver success and enjoyment to their loyal fan base! :grr:

Thankfully (and that took some effort to type it has to be said :cool2:!), I am abroad on holiday at the end of April into May so will miss a couple of the post split fixtures, most notably the Derby as I couldn't stomach watching our lot lose to "that lot" which, on current form, is a likely possibility! :grr:

silverhibee
11-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Well if drink is all they can think about, then there is only 1 way they're heading. :confused:

And who has said that drink is all they can think off, this has been said to you before but you dont half talk a load of ***** at times.

silverhibee
11-04-2010, 11:11 AM

And thats what he has done. So anyone out on the piss last night is taking the piss.

Westie1875
11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
And thats what he has done. So anyone out on the piss last night is taking the piss.

Glad to hear that, and I'm also glad he isn't slating his players in public. We've seen how much good that has done Mowbray & McGhee recently.

rubber mal
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
This kind of thing really pisses me off. Professional footballers are priviliged and most of us on this forum would swap places with them any day. Maybe some of them don't have the emotional attachment with the club that we all have and that's understandable, but ultimately, it's their job to perform to the best of their abilities and get results. If they're not doing that, and then laughing about it afterwards, then not only are they not doing what they're paid to do, but they're showing a complete lack of respect to the club and to the supporters who pay their wages.

archiebald
11-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Yogi is the problem because dosn't no what to do off or on the pitch ie interviews ect ect talks absolute rubbish when spoken to.And we all know it.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Yogi is the problem because dosn't no what to do off or on the pitch ie interviews ect ect talks absolute rubbish when spoken to.And we all know it.

:faf: And you do?

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM

He's got them in today for extra training? If so, good on him, although there will be some who think that's wrong too.

SalfordHibs
11-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Not worthy of the jersery, not worthy of the fans support and certainly not worthy of the fans hard earned money, Yogi laughing at the start of his interview on the BBC, is that what we have become one big utter joke, especially under this clown :agree:

--------
11-04-2010, 12:57 PM

We have a major problem.

I don't see how we can let the present situation continue.

Equally, we're now in a position where we could be looking to appoint our EIGHTH manager in the last 8 years - McLeish (left 2002), Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Collins, Paatelainen, Hughes and now A.N. Other.

So I'm sure RP will be pondering the immediate future rather deeply this Sunday.

However, I think he also needs to look closely at the club culture as well - why do guys with apparently decent qualifications come a cropper as soon as they take the job at ER?

There may be nothing wrong with the club generally - after all the board have done very well in every area BUT the appointment of the football manager. Finances are sound, the training ground is in place, the last piece of the stadium jigsaw is falling into place as we post.

If John Hughes IS the right guy, despite present appearances, and capable of taking stock over the next three months and sorting things out over the next season or so, then we need to back him. But he needs to convince us of this, NOW.

If he's not, then sadly, he needs to go. And then RP and the board MUST appoint the RIGHT man this time around, regardless of cost - someone capable of rebuilding the team structure from the bottom up - youth teams, U-19s, first team, training structures, scouting system, the lot. Someone of the stature of Alec McLeish or Alex Miller, IMO. NOT a rookie.

We/they can't afford to get it wrong again.

I also think WE, the fans, need to lower our gun-sights a lot. Right now I'd settle for a Miller time - boring or whatever - where the team wins or draws on a reasonably regular basis, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 1-1, 0-0 sort of scores; no embarrassments like yesterday or the St Johnstone games this season; players working for one another and seen to be doing so. Anything more is a bonus.

Stuff like "club tradition" and "the Hibernian way" are nothing more than hot air - if by this we mean we have the right to demand standards that are frankly beyond us at this present time.

In European and UK terms, Hibs right now are a lower-than-middle-range club with reasonably sound finances, above-average infrastructure, but in team matters fragile in the extreme. We have a more than respectable history, but history is history and as such gone, done, finished, in the past.

This is where we are, and rebuilding to anywhere near where we once were will take a lot longer than a year to 18 months - which is all the time we're allowing our managers to sort things out these days.

joebakerforever
11-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Since Petrie failed to support John Collins request to empty those who were on the lash before the Cup semi against Dunfermline (was more concerned on the adverse effect it would have in transfer values), the drinking club at Easter Road has been sack proof, irrespective of who is the Manager.

Christ it's obvious whose been on the bevy just before a match, when they start panting half way through the match :grr:

Unless Petrie is prepared to back his Manager's action against the drinking culture at Easter Road, we can expect the gutless humiliations to continue when the "unfit through excessive alcohol" individuals take to the field.

Before giving the Manager cash for players, Petrie should invest in buying some breathalysers for testing these guys when they report for duty :devil:

--------
11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Since Petrie failed to support John Collins request to empty those who were on the lash before the Cup semi against Dunfermline (was more concerned on the adverse effect it would have in transfer values), the drinking club at Easter Road has been sack proof, irrespective of who is the Manager.

Christ it's obvious whose been on the bevy just before a match, when they start panting half way through the match :grr:

Unless Petrie is prepared to back his Manager's action against the drinking culture at Easter Road, we can expect the gutless humiliations to continue when the "unfit through excessive alcohol" individuals take to the field.

Before giving the Manager cash for players, Petrie should invest in buying some breathalysers for testing these guys when they report for duty :devil:

This is the problem?

then they need to be emptied now, regardless of cost. Regardless of who they are.

Hibby Bairn
11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
He doesn't have much to play with tbh. I suspect contracts are written heavily in favour of the players who as a result have little incentive to do much more than turn up. Even if you don't play you'll still be on a decent wage as a first teamer.

Jim McLean was particularly effective in using contracts and bonuses as an incentive to 'perform'.

I doubt if Hughes has that in his hand.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2010, 04:27 PM

What what what?

Did I get cryogenically frozen and miss that?

If so who was the git that woke me up? :cool2:

- Sorry never read that before - whats the deal there then?

Mibbes Aye
11-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I watched a fair bit of the warm down and did not see any of the players laughing and joking. I did see players in groups discussing the game and showing at least some sort of frustration. Not saying it didnt happen and if I did I would be raging and naming names for sure.

This thread's gone to three pages, yet you're the only poster who has actually said they saw any of the warm-down and you didn't see any laughing and joking.

We've had some disappointing results and performances of late but good lord, we don't half work ourselves up into a lather on this board about stuff that quite possibly didn't happen :greengrin

oldbutdim
11-04-2010, 06:50 PM
What what what?

Did I get cryogenically frozen and miss that?

If so who was the git that woke me up? :cool2:

- Sorry never read that before - whats the deal there then?

New one on me too.

:confused:

oldbutdim
11-04-2010, 06:52 PM
This thread's gone to three pages, yet you're the only poster who has actually said they saw any of the warm-down and you didn't see any laughing and joking.

We've had some disappointing results and performances of late but good lord, we don't half work ourselves up into a lather on this board about stuff that quite possibly didn't happen :greengrin

So who do we believe then?

Stevie Cowan or...............

some faceless wonder?

:cool2:

Mibbes Aye
11-04-2010, 07:21 PM
So who do we believe then?

Stevie Cowan or...............

some faceless wonder?

:cool2:

I don't know who is likely to have had the best view, the most objectivity and the least interest in relating anything other than a completely impartial account, between Stevie Cowan, Derek Ferguson and greenlex.

Fairest way to settle it is to go with whichever one's the tallest :agree:

IberianHibernian
11-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Almost all or even all of Yogi`s signings were welcomed by at least 80% of folk on this board because most had played for " big " teams and done well at some point in their careers but fact is that some of them had had problems with injuries ( Galbraith and Miller for example ) and all had failed to make a mark at " big " teams ( Gow at Rangers , Stokes and Miller in England for example ) either because they just weren`t good enough or didn`t have right attitude . If they`d been really good and / or had had good attitude they would have been outwith our price range . Then you look at players signed before Yogi arrived , you have a mix of players that are not good enough to help us be successful ( Rankin , Stevenson perhaps as examples ) or are good players but have alleged off field problems ( Riordan for example ) or both (McCormack ) . Conclusion : seeing signings it was not difficult to see that problems would arise sooner or later . Not blaming Yogi ( if he`d signed standard of player Collins did , he`d have taken even more flak and we`d be in relegation trouble ) but think most fans are now expecting us to make loads of signings whoever manager is this summer and we`ll always have predicament of choosing between steady mediocre players or risking problems with better players who may be worse professionals or have fitness problems . While mentioning signings , think that one of Yogi`s biggest mistakes was signing 2 goalies in winter when at most one was needed - may not seem important but doubt having 3 experienced goalies plus a couple of younger ones knowing they won`t be playing every week can`t be good for team morale . General point - in most of Europe , clubs change managers at least once a year and players often change clubs at least as often - maybe we as fans have got to get used to that ( something which makes investment in training centre less justfiable perhaps though in purely financial terms I suppose it is an important financial asset for club ) .

JimBHibees
11-04-2010, 08:32 PM

We have a major problem.

I don't see how we can let the present situation continue.

Equally, we're now in a position where we could be looking to appoint our EIGHTH manager in the last 8 years - McLeish (left 2002), Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Collins, Paatelainen, Hughes and now A.N. Other.

So I'm sure RP will be pondering the immediate future rather deeply this Sunday.

However, I think he also needs to look closely at the club culture as well - why do guys with apparently decent qualifications come a cropper as soon as they take the job at ER?

There may be nothing wrong with the club generally - after all the board have done very well in every area BUT the appointment of the football manager. Finances are sound, the training ground is in place, the last piece of the stadium jigsaw is falling into place as we post.

If John Hughes IS the right guy, despite present appearances, and capable of taking stock over the next three months and sorting things out over the next season or so, then we need to back him. But he needs to convince us of this, NOW.

If he's not, then sadly, he needs to go. And then RP and the board MUST appoint the RIGHT man this time around, regardless of cost - someone capable of rebuilding the team structure from the bottom up - youth teams, U-19s, first team, training structures, scouting system, the lot. Someone of the stature of Alec McLeish or Alex Miller, IMO. NOT a rookie.

We/they can't afford to get it wrong again.

I also think WE, the fans, need to lower our gun-sights a lot. Right now I'd settle for a Miller time - boring or whatever - where the team wins or draws on a reasonably regular basis, 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 1-1, 0-0 sort of scores; no embarrassments like yesterday or the St Johnstone games this season; players working for one another and seen to be doing so. Anything more is a bonus.

Stuff like "club tradition" and "the Hibernian way" are nothing more than hot air - if by this we mean we have the right to demand standards that are frankly beyond us at this present time.

In European and UK terms, Hibs right now are a lower-than-middle-range club with reasonably sound finances, above-average infrastructure, but in team matters fragile in the extreme. We have a more than respectable history, but history is history and as such gone, done, finished, in the past.

This is where we are, and rebuilding to anywhere near where we once were will take a lot longer than a year to 18 months - which is all the time we're allowing our managers to sort things out these days.

Very good post and spot on.

stu in nottingham
11-04-2010, 10:11 PM

With 31 points out of a possible last 33 for The Magpies, I'd doubt that bud ;) Know what you mean though!

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 10:27 PM
With 31 points out of a possible last 33 for The Magpies, I'd doubt that bud ;) Know what you mean though!

And i hope they go on and win the league now. I will pick up just over £1300 if they do. Something i thought was never on, around 6 weeks ago.:worried::pray:

Si_17
12-04-2010, 03:04 AM
He's got them in today for extra training? If so, good on him, although there will be some who think that's wrong too.

Miller and Stokes probably didn't turn up anyway...

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2010, 07:27 AM

Didn't they?

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2010, 09:40 AM

Let's hear the story then...

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
How come we’ve got a group of players who’ve all had a knock in their careers (as listed in a post above) but they don’t try a leg, yet Ross County have players who are in the same situation and they try like ****?

There’s obviously some kind of mental issues causing these problems.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 09:47 AM
This is the problem?

then they need to be emptied now, regardless of cost. Regardless of who they are.
I heard on the Bounce that Anthony Stokes was out drinking with Garry O'Connor after our defeat against Hearts, maybe that's why he is constantly blowing smoke out his arse when he's playing.

erskine-hibby
12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
IMHO the players attitude reflects that of the management:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-04-2010, 10:24 AM
IMHO the players attitude reflects that of the management:agree:

I completely disagree with that. the impression I get from some of the players is that they couldn't be ersed, aren't prepared to contest 50/50 challenges, don't have a winning mentality and do not hurt after defeats.

I can't see how any of that reflects the attitude of Yogi.....

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I completely disagree with that. the impression I get from some of the players is that they couldn't be ersed, aren't prepared to contest 50/50 challenges, don't have a winning mentality and do not hurt after defeats.

You would have at least thought because of the type of player Yogi was he would have got a bit of that in the team though, but it seems like he hasn't at least tried to do that at all.

erskine-hibby
12-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Well he doesn't seem to be able to communicate that to the players then, does he??
A management failing if I ever saw one.

Biggie
12-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I dont think JH has done himself any favours by holding contract talks until after the season has ended. Imagine your a player who knows that any income could end in a month or so's time, and you faced with a 50/50 that could put you out of action.....would you be as committed as your team-mate who has a 2 year contract, and knows he's going to get paid if he's cattled in a game and out injured for months on end ?.

Maybe, some of the players are worried this could happen to them...and if they are ****ed, they will have no income after their existing contract expires.

We've a load of big games coming up and we need committed players....

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-04-2010, 01:05 PM
You would have at least thought because of the type of player Yogi was he would have got a bit of that in the team though, but it seems like he hasn't at least tried to do that at all.

I'm sure he has tried. law of averages that some will respond positively and others will spit the dummy. What worries me is the strength of character in some our our players.