Hibs tv reporting them as:

Celtic Away
Rangers Home
Hearts Home
Mothewell away
Dundee Utd away

CMac1988
10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Kl, so we're basically looking at 6 defeats. I got a feeling that Hearts will be finishing above us, unless something drastic is done.

GlesgaeHibby
10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
17 April - Celtic - Away, kick off 12.15 (Live Sky)
25 April - Rangers - Home, kick off 14.30 (Live Sky)
1 May - Hearts - Home, kick off to be confirmed (Live ESPN)
6 May - Motherwell - Away, kick off 19.45 (Live Sky)
9 May - Dundee United - Away, kick off 1.30

Moulin Yarns
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Kl, so we're basically looking at 6 defeats. I got a feeling that Hearts will be finishing above us, unless something drastic is done.

I know we are bad, but I can't see us losing 6 of the last 5 games

CMac1988
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Oops... Shhh... :greengrin

:faf:

Frazerbob
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM

Motherwell on a Thursday night?

Cameron1875
Is it definitely hearts on may 1st! That is only fixture i will miss:boo hoo:

Hopefully it will be moved to the sunday.

matty_f

Hibs will find a way.:agree:

mglancy23
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM

might draw with hearts! but cant see us getting any other points.

Hibbie_Cameron
10-04-2010, 04:21 PM
My dad is going to miss both our home games. Might return to the west for the final two matches and sit in his seat:agree:

We will not win any of the games either imo:bitchy:

The Voice Of Reason
10-04-2010, 04:38 PM
4 out of the 5 games live on TV as well.

Super - the whole of the world will be able to see how "fantastic" we are (to use a Mixu word).

Hibercelona
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM

We will still lose six.

We've been in the middle of losing against ourselfs all season.

hibsdaft
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
we will beat the huns and motherwell.

mind players will play for cameras. huns are slowing down, and we have a great record at fir park.

Albanian Hibs
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM

I am going to predict 1 point out of 15 from they fixtures. A draw against the Hertz only. Feel free to bring this thread up again when the season is finished to prove me wrong.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm going to be optimistic and say that we'll get two points from those five matches.

Quite where those two points are going to come from is anyone's guess.

Cropley10
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Celtic Away
Rangers Home
Hearts Home
Mothewell away
Dundee Utd away

One point, possibly. A draw at Muderwell.

Roll on next season. Hopefully Yogi can attract the right sort of player and we're not looking at D.Barr and wondering what might have been...

In fact maybe Barr could see precisely what would happen...

ekhibee
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I'll go for 2/3 points out of 15. 1 of them might be at Parkhead, and that'll give Yogi another chance to use his well rehearsed 'couldn't ask anymore o the boys' speech. The Motherwell game's going to be the big one I suppose- they're no playing great just now but still no playing anywhere near as badly as we are. Maybe 2 or 3 points is a bit over-optimistic, dinnae ken.

Frazerbob
10-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Roll on next season. Hopefully Yogi can attract the right sort of player and we're not looking at D.Barr and wondering what might have been...

In fact maybe Barr could see precisely what would happen...

He has more than a few good players at the moment. Murray, Bamba, Miller, McBride, Stokes, Deek, Nish........they're all well above average players for the SPL. However, for whatever reason, they simply don't give a flying one and are not playing for their manager, the fans, the jersey or even themselves. Yogi doesn't seem capable of harnessing that talent. What makes you think he can do it next season?

It has been trotted out by many today but I genuinely beleive they are more interested in living the life of a footballer than actually being the best footballer they can be.

The players and the manager need to take a long hard look at themselves.

bod
10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
be positive, we'll win them all

hibee_girl
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Does that mean Rangers could win the league at ER again?

Gatecrasher
10-04-2010, 05:43 PM

if they win mid week and assuming they have another game before us then if they win both then no :greengrin

hibee_girl
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
if they win mid week and assuming they have another game before us then if they win both then no :greengrin

Cheers

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM

If Rangers and Celtic both keep winning, then Rangers will win the league with a win at home to Hearts next Sunday.

If they don't beat Dundee Utd and Hearts and Celtic win their next two matches, then Rangers could win the league with a win at Easter Road.

hibee_girl
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
If Rangers and Celtic both keep winning, then Rangers will win the league with a win at home to Hearts next Sunday.

If they don't beat Dundee Utd and Hearts and Celtic win their next two matches, then Rangers could win the league with a win at Easter Road.

Thanks, hoping they win their next two games then, really do not fancy being in the same stand as them if they win the league at our place again :bitchy:

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Basically Celtic can only pick up 81 points this season, Rangers are already on 76 points.

They only need 6 points from their last 6 matches to win the league, if Celtic keep winning.

If Celtic lose to Motherwell next Tuesday, then they only need 3 points.

It's actually quite possible that Rangers will win the league at Easter Road. For that to happen;

Celtic's results

Motherwell-W
Hibernian-W

Rangers' results

Dundee Utd-D
Hearts-W
Hibernian-W

Cropley10
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Celtic Away
Rangers Home
Hearts Home
Mothewell away
Dundee Utd away

Nitten Hibee
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
a think the season is friar tucked hearts will finish above us :grr:

Long suffering
10-04-2010, 06:57 PM

:agree:

Love the Green
10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
He has more than a few good players at the moment. Murray, Bamba, Miller, McBride, Stokes, Deek, Nish........they're all well above average players for the SPL. However, for whatever reason, they simply don't give a flying one and are not playing for their manager, the fans, the jersey or even themselves. Yogi doesn't seem capable of harnessing that talent. What makes you think he can do it next season?

It has been trotted out by many today but I genuinely beleive they are more interested in living the life of a footballer than actually being the best footballer they can be.

The players and the manager need to take a long hard look at themselves.

YOU HAVING A ****IN LAUGH..Pray tell me the qualities that make thes "players" above average??? Out played and embarressed week in and week out by players who appear to play for clubs with much less resource than us...how many of the manes you provide can.
Tackle
Has pace
Pass to a team mate or even control the ball.
GUts how many have guts and will put themselves on the line to keep us afloat.

Maybe 1/2 will have 1 of the skills above but none have 3
So like others on here dont keep telling us we hjave good players as we do not.

"keep the faith"

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM

Celtic Away
Rangers Home
Hearts Home
Mothewell away
Dundee Utd away

Quite simply I think we will win them all.

Think about it:

Celtic are going to be on a downer and will know they aren't going to win anything this season, so we will win that one.

In doing that it will guarantee Rangers the league so they won't need to win when they visit Easter Road. Should be easy to beat a team with no incentive.

Hearts won't win their first 2 games after the split and after beating Celtic and Rangers they won't be able to catch us. Easy win there.

By that time Motherwell won't have anything to play for because they will be clear of 6th place Hearts and won't have a chance of catching a Hibs team in excellent form. 3 points at Fir Park won't be too hard.

And Dundee Utd will already have one eye on the final, knowing that if they win their game against Ross County they will be in Europe anyway. So.

15/15 cruising into 3rd place and a point behind Celtic come the end of the season.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Think about it:

Celtic are going to be on a downer and will know they aren't going to win anything this season, so we will win that one.

In doing that it will guarantee Rangers the league so they won't need to win when they visit Easter Road. Should be easy to beat a team with no incentive.

Hearts won't win their first 2 games after the split and after beating Celtic and Rangers they won't be able to catch us. Easy win there.

By that time Motherwell won't have anything to play for because they will be clear of 6th place Hearts and won't have a chance of catching a Hibs team in excellent form. 3 points at Fir Park won't be too hard.

And Dundee Utd will already have one eye on the final, knowing that if they win their game against Ross County they will be in Europe anyway. So.

15/15 cruising into 3rd place and a point behind Celtic come the end of the season.

I'll have a pint/sniff/smoke of whatever you've been on! :cheers::smokin:drunk:

:greengrin

brydekirk
10-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Think about it:

luv it, if only.:thumbsup:

MacBean
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM

plenty TV money for Rodders anyway :wink:

he'll need as a lot of hibees will be pushing back thier renewals until we see who is signed preseason!
well i know i am

brydekirk
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
plenty TV money for Rodders anyway :wink:

he'll need as a lot of hibees will be pushing back thier renewals until we see who is signed preseason!
well i know i am
10 month payment plan by the end of april, aye right. i want to know what im going to be watching for the next season. not this p@sh.

NOLA
10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll have a pint/sniff/smoke of whatever you've been on! :cheers::smokin:drunk:

Beat me to it:bitchy:

Frazerbob
10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
YOU HAVING A ****IN LAUGH..Pray tell me the qualities that make thes "players" above average??? Out played and embarressed week in and week out by players who appear to play for clubs with much less resource than us...how many of the manes you provide can.
Tackle
Has pace
Pass to a team mate or even control the ball.
GUts how many have guts and will put themselves on the line to keep us afloat.

Maybe 1/2 will have 1 of the skills above but none have 3
So like others on here dont keep telling us we hjave good players as we do not.

"keep the faith"

That's pretty much my point. Past performances have shown that these guys have the ability however they seem determined not to use it. All the players I listed have done the business in the past however it's pretty obvious to all that they don't care, they don't try, they don't hurt and they have absolutely no self respect or respect for us.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM

me too, hibs in dramatic freefall and the soft touch team will get a doin from their remainin games, utter tripe. Sod the new stand, im not going back till theres a change hughes is not the answer.

DH1875
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Not a three o'clock kick off in sight. How come the Utd game isn't on TV? Could be a good un if we are still pushing for Europe and them maybe even going for 2nd.

Hibs90
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM

What a load of *****, wont be at any apart from the Hearts game anyway.

TornadoHibby
11-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Not a three o'clock kick off in sight. How come the Utd game isn't on TV? Could be a good un if we are still pushing for Europe and them maybe even going for 2nd.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Ain't gonna be happening mate! :cool2: :wink:

SalfordHibs
11-04-2010, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=Cameron1875;2423142]Hibs tv reporting them as:

Celtic Away Defeat
Rangers Home Defeat
Hearts Home Defeat
Mothewell away Defeat
Dundee Utd away Defeat

Never mind Yogi will turn it round next season :bitchy:

MacBean
11-04-2010, 01:06 PM
10 month payment plan by the end of april, aye right. i want to know what im going to be watching for the next season. not this p@sh.

exactly thats why im waiting. they extending the deadline by a month last season and i can see them pushing it back to end of June for this

RoxburghHibs
11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
The top 6 split is a joke.

We will play Motherwell 3 times away and once at home - and as it stands they are our main contender for a place in europe.

How bad will it be if we lose out by a point to Motherwell!!

Surely we should be playing them at Easter Road :grr:

SPL = Joke

Westie1875
11-04-2010, 07:42 PM
The top 6 split is a joke.

We will play Motherwell 3 times away and once at home - and as it stands they are our main contender for a place in europe.

How bad will it be if we lose out by a point to Motherwell!!

Surely we should be playing them at Easter Road :grr:

SPL = Joke

It is a nightmare, but to be fair to Motherwell they are also getting shafted, with only 18 home games and 20 away. :bitchy:

RoxburghHibs
11-04-2010, 07:44 PM
It is a nightmare, but to be fair to Motherwell they are also getting shafted, with only 18 home games and 20 away. :bitchy:

I can't stand the split - it makes a joke of our league. The old saying "The league never lies" is no longer true, as clubs don't play the same fixtures anymore.

brydekirk
11-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I can't stand the split - it makes a joke of our league. The old saying "The league never lies" is no longer true, as clubs don't play the same fixtures anymore.
i like it this year . it stops st johnston finnishing 4th,

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-04-2010, 08:12 PM

Aberdeen also get the bonus of an extra home game in their fight against relegation.

.Sean.
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I'll be at Celtic Park and Tannadice, however i'll struggle to get to Fir Park on a wednesday night due to work.

K.Marx
11-04-2010, 08:19 PM
however i'll struggle to get to Fir Park on a wednesday night due to work.

consider it a let-off!

.Sean.
11-04-2010, 08:23 PM
consider it a let-off!
I know, but i'd rather go. The only games i've missed in the last four years have been midweek matches away from home. As an alternative i'll head out for a couple pints and watch it in the boozer :greengrin

scoopyboy
11-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I'll be at Celtic Park and Tannadice, however i'll struggle to get to Fir Park on a wednesday night due to work.

Do not fear its on a Thursday.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-04-2010, 08:35 PM
i like it this year . it stops st johnston finnishing 4th,

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I am not opposed to split on principle and can live with unbalanced number of home and away games, but fixtures for all 12 teams seem to be designed to deter as many from attending as possible (St Johnstone Aberdeen at 12 for example). One has to wonder why - it cannot just be TV surely.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:49 AM

I think Motherwell have 3 away games and 2 home games left after the split, and if they were to play us at ER that would mean they hane 4 away games and 1 home game, not sure if that's allowed.

HibbyRod
12-04-2010, 09:05 AM

Think about it:

Thanks Mate .......cheered me up a bit! :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2010, 09:14 AM

They don't usually announce the last set of TV games until they know which ones will be "crucial".

Leith Green
12-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Not exactly enthusiastic with Hibs and Hughes at the moment, but remember we all thought we would take nowt from the final five last season, but we did okay.. not great but okay think it was 5 from 15 points..

Steve20
12-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Fir park is the only game were we might get a draw. The other four we will lose.

Andy74
12-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Christ, I hope we do lose all 5 so you miserable sods can get some happiness out of being right.

I wonder how we end up with a team with little spirit eh, with fans like this?

I look back abefore the replay against ross county and the draw for the semi had been made. most seemed to suggest that we'd be out in the semi anyway, so why bother. Well, Celtic were there to be beaten as it showed.

Maybe a bit more positivity and support from the fans might have seen us go into that quarter reply with the right spirit being reciprocated by the players?

Quite often the fans end up with the team they deserve. We can't be having a go at the confidence and the spirit amongst the team if the fans are even worse!

.Sean.
12-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Fir park is the only game were we might get a draw. The other four we will lose.
I think we'll get beat at Fir Park and will lose to both Rangers and Celtic. Beat Hearts at home and might sneak a draw at Tannadice, as United will have third in the bag and might just have an eye on the Final.

1875 NO 1
12-04-2010, 11:47 AM

sums up everthing what is wrong with the SPL:

4 out of 5 on TV
no Sat games at 3pm
play a thur then the sunday
daft KO times - 14.30, 12.00, 1.30

No wonder fans are not turning up

Hibs Class
12-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Motherwell challenging the fixtures, on account of a third away game to Celtic and no home game on a Saturday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8615637.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8615637.stm)

.Sean.
12-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Motherwell challenging the fixtures, on account of a third away game to Celtic and no home game on a Saturday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8615637.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8615637.stm)
Fair play to them for having the balls to stand up to the SFA.

ScottB
12-04-2010, 12:52 PM

[/URL][url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8615637.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8615637.stm)

Interesting that he isn't mentioning how unfair it is for us to go to them for the third time this season though.

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 01:18 PM

Thing is Motherwell are one of the member clubs of SPL and hence must have some say in fixtures, do they not communicate this sort of thing at meetings before fixtures are announced. Same for St Mirren Board.

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Interesting that he isn't mentioning how unfair it is for us to go to them for the third time this season though.

Don't think that is their concern and words suggest they would happily have sacrificed 3rd home game versus Hibs, Well losing a projected £200k of income from more lucrative home fixtures after the way schedule has worked out is the far more major issue for them.

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
sums up everthing what is wrong with the SPL:

4 out of 5 on TV
no Sat games at 3pm
play a thur then the sunday
daft KO times - 14.30, 12.00, 1.30

No wonder fans are not turning up

Precisely, I stopped my season ticket because of increased number of home and away games at these kick off times in last 2 years, sadly this just vindicates decision not to renew. And not even convinced this is just due to TV, though even if so, still unacceptable.

Andy B -when one sees fixture lists like this no wonder fans (not just Hibs fans) do not feel over-positive at moment.

iwasthere1972
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Election night - vote counting. :wink: Don't bother counting any of the votes just bin the lot of them. After all they're all a waste of time.

ahibby
12-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I've posted this before I'm sure but here goes again. It isn't unusual for us to get five points out of fifteen after the split. I think, IIRC, that's happened in the last two seasons despite us being tom tit. Last Season we beat Hearts and drew against Celtic and Rangers. We lost to Dundee Utd and Aberdeen. We don't have worse players compared to last season but maybe we have more players who just don't have enough pride, that is how it is beginning to look anyway. I wouldn't be surprised, despite the number of spineless wonders in our side, if we picked up five points again. Sometimes they come from the least expected games. Maybe a win against one of the OF and a couple of draws - Hearts and Motherwell or even Dundee Utd. I am not bothered about Europe because I think as things stand we would just waste the opportunity......again. I apologise to those who are excited about maybe getting to Europe and I hope if we do, something changes to make it all worth while getting there.

.Sean.
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Election night - vote counting. :wink: Don't bother counting any of the votes just bin the lot of them. After all they're all a waste of time.
Think I might use up the old ''i'm on Jury duty the morn, boss, i'll need the day off'' excuse :wink:

Hibs On Tour
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM

Six defeats. From only five games.

That IS bad news! :Ummm:

Moulin Yarns
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Six defeats. From only five games.

That IS bad news! :Ummm:

wakey_wakey (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2423163&postcount=4)

Johnny_Leith
12-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Can see us getting 7 points out of 15, if Yogi can get us playing for the jersey.

Celtic 0
Rangers 0
Hearts 3
M'Well 3
Dundee Utd 1

Which would leave us with 57 points

I doubt we'll get anything from the OF, maybe a point at Celtic if we're lucky. Hearts and Motherwell are no great shakes and hopefully we can grab a couple of wins against them. Dundee Utd are probably going to get 3rd unless they have a horrible run like we have, and will have an eye on the cup final and we'll probably need the points more. Hopefully we'll finish 4th*

* Does that mean we qualify for Europe?

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Can see us getting 7 points out of 15, if Yogi can get us playing for the jersey.

Celtic 0
Rangers 0
Hearts 3
M'Well 3
Dundee Utd 1

Which would leave us with 57 points

I doubt we'll get anything from the OF, maybe a point at Celtic if we're lucky. Hearts and Motherwell are no great shakes and hopefully we can grab a couple of wins against them. Dundee Utd are probably going to get 3rd unless they have a horrible run like we have, and will have an eye on the cup final and we'll probably need the points more. Hopefully we'll finish 4th*

* Does that mean we qualify for Europe?

If we finish 4th were definitely in Europe.:agree:

K.Marx
12-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I think the first 2 games against the old firm will determine how well we do against the rest...2/3 points against them and that will bring back some confidence and I would expect us to get at least 4 off yams/well, 0 points against the old firm and I could see us losing all 5.

sambajustice
13-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Great!

So Rangers win the league at ER!! (again!!)

:grr::grr::grr:

Hibbie_Cameron
13-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Great!

So Rangers win the league at ER!! (again!!)

:grr::grr::grr:

They wont.

If they win on wednesday they will only need 3 more points v hearts to be crowned champs

sambajustice
13-04-2010, 08:29 AM
They wont.

If they win on wednesday they will only need 3 more points v hearts to be crowned champs

Ah right, forgot they had a game in hand! Who are they playing?

hibee_girl
13-04-2010, 08:30 AM

Dundee Utd

Steve20
13-04-2010, 08:32 AM

Dundee Utd away. I don't see them winning at Tannadice, so they might be coming to Easter Road to win the league again. :boo hoo:

NYHibby
13-04-2010, 09:56 AM
When will we start selling tickets for the Celtic game? Thursday is the only time I could possibly get to the ticket office, but I need to know ahead of time to work my schedule out. Not that I expect us to win ...

rightwinger
13-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Do not fear its on a Thursday.

Yeah - election night too.

Our season gets officially ended and the Tories get back in on the same night.

I'm sure we're all looking forward to it. Still, the phrase 'necessary evil' springs to mind.

Of all the variety of managers we've had in recent years, I can't believe none of them have done something about the soft centre the team has. We are a real soft touch, no doubt about that. Funnily enough, I always thought Williamson had us up for a good scrap - just a shame we were incapable of playing any football whatsoever throughout his reign.

I'm disappointed in Hughes though. As a player he was always a fighter and as a manager he always had Falkirk up for a battle. A different John Hughes is in charge right now.

At Hibs, I feel he's pandering to a bunch of lightweight prima-donnas. We have such a blinkered focus on 'flair' that we only seem interested on guys that can 'play' - never mind the fact that they're weak arrogant midgets without the height, pace or stamina to last the pace of a full season in this league.

We have a very poorly assembled squad. There is no variety. All lazy weak little midgets. When Redknapp took over at Spurs, he was aghast at the fact he had a squad full of Modrics and Bentleys. He knew right away he needed some Palacios's and Crouchs to mix it up a bit.

Craig Levein at DU takes big strapping lads with heart and courage and moulds them into footballers, moulds them into a team. Houston takes over and the pattern follows. Its called continuity. But those players aren't good enough for us. No, our youth policy demands big-headed midget blow-hards that can play a bit when its easy. We need a positively prejudicial signing policy from now on - unless you're over 6ft 3 and weighing over 14st then we're not signing you. End of.

Those that hate Rankin being in them team should appreciate this. The only reason he gets near the team is because he's fit and full of workrate. Shame on the more talented players that he keeps out of the team for this reason. Shame on the management for not sorting these players out.

There's a side of Hibs to be proud of. There's a side of Hibs that's a joke. We always see the latter side between March and May every year.