PDA

View Full Version : New Manager

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Was about to say dont have a go at me as im not starting a yogi out thread but as im typing the 4th went in so **** him.

Who whould people like to see as the new manager if yogi goes or is sacked.

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Mowbray

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Derek McInnes

Godsahibby
10-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Derek McIness

murray26
10-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Derek Mcinnes or Derek Adams.

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Mowbray ? hahahaha have a ****in word eh

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM
blackpoolhibs

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Mowbray ? hahahaha have a ****in word eh

I was taking the piss :wink: we don't need a new manager

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I was taking the piss :wink: we don't need a new manager

Thats ok then:hilarious and for the record I agree.. not yet anyway.

ArabHibee
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
blackpoolhibs

:agree:

or TQM

Hibby Bairn
blackpoolhibs

tqm

h185forever
...don't forget the team ...we need a new one of those as well

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Hughes out, Adams in. Today has completely changed my perspective on things.

2-2/ 2-1 with Ross County
5-1 St. Johnstone
2-1 Hearts (and should have been a lot worse)
4-2 At home to Dundee Utd (again could have been worse)
Now 4-1 and coutning at Hamilton.

13 games, 2 wins... More than sackable.

Niffy
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Anybody else.

I'll dae it. be better than Yogi, and I ken hee haw about fitba.

Over qualified maybe.

AgentDaleCooper
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM
we won't sack yogi now, nor at the end of the season. he'll be here at least until christmas IMO.

I really hope he does well, but i'm very concerned that he'll either hang onto the job until mcinnes and adams have been snapped up by other clubs, or just slowly slip us into mediocre purgatory when we really should be leading the charge against the OF given our facilities and squad.

as well all know, we're gutless. sigh.

hibiedude
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
We couldn’t be any worse could we :confused:

Houchy
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
:agree:

or TQM

:bitchy: He cannae make a Saturday.:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
We need Brian Laws

Hull city 1 burnley 4

yekimevol
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
my new manager shortlist

1. tony mowbray
2. derek adams
3. Derek McIness
4. paul lambert (if we could afford him)
5. Jim Magilton (if we could afford him)
6. Lawrie Sanchez (if we could afford him)

PeterboroHibee
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Someone who doesnt have a Hibs connection!

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
my new manager shortlist

1. tony mowbray
2. derek adams
3. Derek McIness
4. paul lambert (if we could afford him)
5. Jim Magilton (if we could afford him)
6. Lawrie Sanchez (if we could afford him)

The thing is you actually aren't takin the piss are you ? :confused:

Hainan Hibs
10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Jimmy Calderwood.

ArabHibee
10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
:bitchy: He cannae make a Saturday.:greengrin

Which may be a bonus as we cannae win when Hughes makes it! :wink:

hibeedonald
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
alex ferguson

hibsdaft
10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Neil Lennon.

MWHIBBIES
Jimmy Calderwood.Thats not a bad one IMO as he actualy did a good job at aberdeen as they are doing **** now.

James70
The more I think of it the more I can see that Mowbray just struck lucky at Hibs. He came just in time to reap the benefits of our most talented young players in years and while he had them playing good football how would he get on inheriting the current batch. Many of his signings were rubbish and he didn't know what a good GK looked like.

Hughes has one hell of a job on his hands.

Houchy
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Hughes out, Adams in. Today has completely changed my perspective on things.

2-2/ 2-1 with Ross County
5-1 St. Johnstone
2-1 Hearts (and should have been a lot worse)
4-2 At home to Dundee Utd (again could have been worse)
Now 4-1 and coutning at Hamilton.

13 games, 2 wins... More than sackable.

Me too. I've been part of the lets give him time but this has gone too far now. I don't care if he calls us faceless wonders. Give me a time and place Hughes and I'll tell you all this and more to your face.

You are absolutely clueless and I'd have Collins in place of you ANYDAY!!!

Now clear your desk and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!!!

A new flippin' stadium??? If I lived in the flats behind Easter Road right now and hibs were playing, i'd shut the ******* curtains!!!

magnificent_seven
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Hughes OUT. McInnes IN.

Had enough of this *****e, regardless we had a good start to the season, Hughes and Hibs have been well and truly found out.

Falkirk flirted with relegation for years and theres a reason for this. John Hughes. He seems to nicey nicey with the players and that should not be the case. Players should be ***** scared of their manager. This leads to better performances.

yekimevol
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM

no tony is a manager i respect and would welcome back in a moment, our most successful manager in a long time. What makes we want him back he could sign a player in the postions that are needed, he could change the strategy to attemped to win the game.

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
no tony is a manager i respect and would welcome back in a moment, our most successful manager in a long time. What makes we want him back he could sign a player in the postions that are needed, he could change the strategy to attemped to win the game.

Yes he done that Celtic as well didn't he ? Hughes ain't doin great but i'd rather him than Mowbray by a long shot.

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Hughes OUT. McInnes IN.

Had enough of this *****e, regardless we had a good start to the season, Hughes and Hibs have been well and truly found out.

Falkirk flirted with relegation for years and theres a reason for this. John Hughes. He seems to nicey nicey with the players and that should not be the case. Players should be ***** scared of their manager. This leads to better performances.Yep You only need to look at fergie and clough.

Regardless of what people think of those to they got players playing to there best and were/are not afraid to give them a balling.

Chuckie
10-04-2010, 04:14 PM
John Pryde

ScottB
10-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Do you remember the nightmare that our keepers were under Yogi? The utter dross he wheeled in like Konte?

Mowbray's been well and truly found out, he was damn lucky to turn up at Hibs as we produced half a squads worth of quality players. He was mince at Celtic with a much better squad than ours. Mowbray, or anyone connected with him is not the answer. If we are to change managers it needs to be someone new, fresh and not connected to the club in any way.

For the folk who claim we've improved. We've got about 2 points more than last season after changing manager and making a fairly significant investment in the squad.

That's only a few points more than a total that was enough to get Mixu the sack.

I know there's 5 games left, but how many points are we likely to take from them?

There's improvement, and acceptable improvement. A couple of points ahead of last season is unacceptable.

ekhibee
10-04-2010, 04:23 PM
If we were getting a new manager the best one in Scotland, for me is Derek McInnes, but there doesn't, to me anyway,seem to be many reasons why he would want to leave a team that have had a good first season in the SPL to go to takeover a team that needs a major overhaul and that is currently in freefall. The split, for all it's warranted criticisms, has worked out well for Hibs this season, because right now we are surely showing the worst form in the league just now,and we could have been in serious trouble if the split didn't exist. I've been a Hibs fan all my life and I'll never support any other team, but whether it's a big job in Scottish football or not, huge changes are required at our club. As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the aftermath of the hammering by Hamilton, and one of the commentators, quite rightly in my opinion, was thinking they would be in that changing room till at least half 5, but apparentely they were out at five to five doing a warm down, laughing and joking. I'm sorry, but after a result like that I find that pretty disgusting. This is just my opinion, it's NOT a knee-jerk reaction, we've now been really poor for some time now and right now it's extremely hard to see where we are going to get our next points from.

Andy74
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I think the best thing we can do is allow the current manager to deal with whatever needs done otherwise we'll be back here year after year talking about the same thing.

If you think our results have much to do with tactics you are kidding yourself!

yekimevol
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
ok im willing to admit im a mogga fan boy, but to me at celtic that squad would have done better next season. At west brom he got them to the playoff final in hiis first season and won the championship at the second attempt. he had a really bad start to the premiership but improved in the second half of the season.

Cinntwamob
10-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Jeezo what an bspliye shocker. 4-1 to Hamilton in top of the other humpings. Our big time charlies are clearly beyond yogi to sort out. It's sad to say but I can't see a change coming under yogi and rice
aye we did well, but equally we are
doing appalingly now

Folk wouldve forgiven a piss poor start for a new mnager but this fall off this catastrophic fall off in performances is utterly ridiculous. As or season ticket sales I cannot see them being anything but poor. The only place we are doing well is off the field of play, with our finances and new stand. In fact beyond managerial selection the board of the club are doing a superb job. Yogi has been backed the team have been backed and now we're playing like a bunch of strangers with no shares identity or purpose

glory
glory

heretoday
10-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Jim Jefferies.

Come on, you know you want it!

snooky
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM

IMO, Mowbray came at the start of the golden age of young players and was just lucky.
My gripes -
1) Lost us a semi by inane substitution/tactic change
2) Sold G O'C ("A great deal fro Hibs") before a crucial SC semi.
3) Played the loyalty card and bolted at the drop of a hat.
4) .... blah blah!

Please, please - anybody but him :pray:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
known for our innovative approach why not just manage through a series of polls (players/formation/tactics etc.) on hibs.net?

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Trappatoni?

cheltenhamhibee
10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Duff Jim lol

yekimevol
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
IMO, Mowbray came at the start of the golden age of young players and was just lucky.
My gripes -
1) Lost us a semi by inane substitution/tactic change
2) Sold G O'C ("A great deal fro Hibs") before a crucial SC semi.
3) Played the loyalty card and bolted at the drop of a hat.
4) .... blah blah!

Please, please - anybody but him :pray:

do you really think that mogga could have stopped garry leaving, i think not the higher powers would have decided that. the semi was awful no excuss we must always but competitive, but please remember that we had half a squad out. Mogga always said he wanted to go to the premier league the may before he left he knocked back ipswich, with brom he saw a club he could take there.

houston1875
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Brian Welsh

hibee_nation
10-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Billy Dodds / Alan Preston dream team.

houston1875
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Roy Evans

MSK
10-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Brian Welsh

Roy EvansGetting boring now ..

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Jimmy Calderwood.

Never, never ever ever ever ever.... NEVER!

houston1875
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Getting boring now ..

lmao!!!:faf::faf::faf:

eh how so, shower of string vests who think we actually need a new manager!!

MSK
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
lmao!!!:faf::faf::faf:

eh how so, shower of string vests who think we actually need a new manager!!Aye ..:faf:

houston1875
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
we could maybe get Vinny Jones...it'll be emotional?

we need to empty the trouble makers!!!!!

are we getting that fickle as fans that we wanna empty a manger every season?
the man will learn fae his mistakes,he still new to the game?

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Roy Evans
Lee Evans

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I think the best thing we can do is allow the current manager to deal with whatever needs done otherwise we'll be back here year after year talking about the same thing.

Andy you have to be kidding, what absolutre *****!

OK, we may not have the best in terms of squad, but he is ****ing clueless. Has been since his first game in charge at ER.

You defend the indefensible most of the time, I can only assume you are at the wind up most of the time!

hibbybrian
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Phew - at least that's one less thing to be concerned about :panic:

heidtheba
10-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Corporal Jones from Dad's Army to sort the players out (esp if they're out laughing and having fun after a humping like that)

"They don't like it up 'em"

HibeeUnderwood
10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Tommy Craig

Andy74
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Andy you have to be kidding, what absolutre *****!

OK, we may not have the best in terms of squad, but he is ****ing clueless. Has been since his first game in charge at ER.

You defend the indefensible most of the time, I can only assume you are at the wind up most of the time!

Nope. There are plenty problems in terms of the wrong mix of players and several who aren't good enough. Also the key ones being injured for long spells.

If you think sticking the current ones in different places on the pitch will make any difference then I won't agree with you.

Yogi has spoken about the things that need fixing often enough to know he knows perfectly well what needs done.

Jones28
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
:greengrin

Surely Collins is our most successful manager since Alec Miller?

houston1875
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
:greengrin

Surely Collins is our most successful manager since Alec Miller?

i would take JC back,but not yet i think,he got to do other stuff elsewhere then return a better man and manager?

Kaiser1962
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Lets all settle down and breathe gents. I am going to give the wife a good old fashioned Oliver Reed style seeing too. I feel sure that I will feel better after that.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Hughes OUT. McInnes IN.

Falkirk flirted with relegation for years and theres a reason for this. John Hughes. He seems to nicey nicey with the players and that should not be the case. Players should be ***** scared of their manager. This leads to better performances.

No they didn't.

In 05/06 they finished 10th and 15 points above relegation.
In 06/07 they finished 7th and 18 points above relegation.
In 07/08 they finished 7th and 36 points above relegation.
In 08/09 they finished 10th and 1 point above relegation.

Last season was the only season where Falkirk were in any serious danger of being relegated from the SPL.

houston1875
10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Lets all settle down and breathe gents. I am going to give the wife a good old fashioned Oliver Reed style seeing too. I feel sure that I will feel better after that.

lol i like your style :faf:

sahib
10-04-2010, 05:34 PM

I would have him. We played the best football I have seen since the Tornados( and with a poorer squad) when he was here. My only reservation would be, that we would not be getting an ambitious young manager, this time, but a possibly disillusioned man just going through the motions. I would take the risk personally, but I doubt he would.

Hibeebor
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I would have him. We played the best football I have seen since the Tornados( and with a poorer squad) when he was here. My only reservation would be, that we would not be getting an ambitious young manager, this time, but a possibly disillusioned man just going through the motions. I would take the risk personally, but I doubt he would.

A poorer squad than we have now?

We had players like Murphy, Brown, Thomson, Riordan (before celtic), Whittaker... Even Sproule. I'd take every one of those players over anyone in their positions at Easter Road right now.

Gatecrasher
10-04-2010, 05:38 PM
since the fans seem to know best all the time :rolleyes:

i think hibs.net and the bounce should join forces and we vote for the team and tactics to play for the up and coming match :cool2:

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Roy Evans

Lee Evans

linda evans :drool:

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Nope. There are plenty problems in terms of the wrong mix of players and several who aren't good enough. Also the key ones being injured for long spells.

If you think sticking the current ones in different places on the pitch will make any difference then I won't agree with you.
Yogi has spoken about the things that need fixing often enough to know he knows perfectly well what needs done.

Some players not all.

Didnt you defend Mixu to the hilt as well, I seem to recall?

when is it time to call it a day on the manager Andy?

houston1875
10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
linda evans :drool:

ahem,Barry Evans...guy janine knocked off?

sixtwo
10-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Seriously....Alex Miller.

Very experienced coach. A real manager not a gamble on a new one.

We gamble on new ones all the time. If they are good, they bugger off. If they are poor they drag us down and then they get the boot.

Miller has been there and done it all. He has won a cup at hibs and had us europe when we were struggling off the park. He has gone on to have a succesful career with the national team and won the champions league with liverpool. He has bags of experience and is a man who will command respect, unlike the young, inexperieced jokers we have had in the seat for the last two years!

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2010, 06:00 PM
ahem,Barry Evans...guy janine knocked off?

ermmmmm :confused: who they ? (cant be bothered googling) :dunno:

houston1875
10-04-2010, 06:03 PM

Eastenders? was struggling for another evans??
:rolleyes:

houston1875
10-04-2010, 06:10 PM

a question u think leeds will get promoted?

borstalboy
10-04-2010, 06:13 PM
In the SPL, you cant get away with playing football, this was found out by Mowbrays Hibs, Hughes Falkirk, Mowbrays Celtic and now Hughes Hibs, as much as I like seeing good football at ER, we would have to get a manager in who wants players to work hard and be big and strong first and foremost!! IMO!

Johnny_Leith
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
We should all get a shot, since there are so many managers on .net:wink:

The person with the most posts will manage the team until they fail to win, then the 2nd most will take over, then the 3rd and so on. With all the experts on here we'd win the league:greengrin

judas
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Was about to say dont have a go at me as im not starting a yogi out thread but as im typing the 4th went in so **** him.

Craig Brown

McInnes is simply flavour of the month.

Gerard
10-04-2010, 06:21 PM
blackpoolhibs

and the quiet man:wink: as the AM
G

cabbageandribs1875
10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
a question u think leeds will get promoted?

they wont get one of the automatic spots that's for sure, and they have already had a doin from swindon(we WILL get to the play-offs tho at least), it's too close to call :agree: two winnable away games coming up against carlisle and gillingham, then a tough home game against MK dons...then away to charlton, and finishing up at home to bristol rovers...so to answer your Q...nae idea :greengrin

Wellbankhibby
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Hear we go again a few bad results and sack the manager. Yes we are all entitled to our opinions and i am as unhappy as any other disgruntled Hibs supporter at this time. The facts are that there is something wrong at ER and I am not privy to this but we have to look at the overall situation. I heard on the radio at todays warm down Hibs players were laughing and jokingthis is clearly unacceptable. Lets drop the majority of the so called first team and replace then with our youth team at least we will see some effort from them. If the problem is found to be Yogi then yes look for an alternative Manager.Some supporters are far to quick to call for managers heads Mixu, Collins and now Yogi. Give him at least the whole of next season to see how we stand. Yogi is adament that he knows what is wrong give him the opportunity to prove himself. A new manager is not the answer at this time if he has a run of poor results you will want him out as well. I am not happy with recent results far from it but there is a lack of confidence at this time and calling for more change is very unsettling.:grr:

Speedway
10-04-2010, 06:35 PM

Everyone on here that picks a team in the matchday threads.

I'm listing everyone's choices on this thread for when Yogi inevitably goes and will return to all your suggestions then.

Reaper
10-04-2010, 06:36 PM
we won't sack yogi now, nor at the end of the season. he'll be here at least until christmas IMO.

I really hope he does well, but i'm very concerned that he'll either hang onto the job until mcinnes and adams have been snapped up by other clubs, or just slowly slip us into mediocre purgatory when we really should be leading the charge against the OF given our facilities and squad.

as well all know, we're gutless. sigh.

Being honest they'd both look at the Hibs Job and say no thanks.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Sack yogi and bring in George Burley:agree:

MSK
10-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Sack yogi and bring in George Burley:agree:Jeez ..:faf:

Andy74
10-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Some players not all.

Didnt you defend Mixu to the hilt as well, I seem to recall?

when is it time to call it a day on the manager Andy?

God no I wanted mixu out early doors!

darwenhibby
10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Avrum Grant:wink:

Bruce Rioch or Ian McParland

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 07:29 PM

Apologies, it was O'Brien that you defended to the hilt, my mistake........

Obviously you get my drift Andy:greengrin

McIntosh
10-04-2010, 10:22 PM
The momentum in terms of results is running against JH - the scale of defeats and his inability to remedy them causes serious concern. A run of this magnitude has to be stopped at any cost - if he can acheive this, he will give himself a breathing space, if he can't he will go.

As for the Adams and McInnes they both flatter to deceive, if this club is to go forward it must go for someone with tactical knowledge.

sixtwo
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM

Great shout!

Bring it on! I'd love to see that.

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 10:35 PM

So you were not prepared to give Mixu a chance?

"Early Doors"? How early were you wanting shot of him?

I think you have double standards Andy.

Kaiser1962
10-04-2010, 11:11 PM
The momentum in terms of results is running against JH - the scale of defeats and his inability to remedy them causes serious concern. A run of this magnitude has to be stopped at any cost - if he can acheive this, he will give himself a breathing space, if he can't he will go.

As for the Adams and McInnes they both flatter to deceive, if this club is to go forward it must go for someone with tactical knowledge.

I fail to see why anyone with mental capacity would touch this job with a bargepole. If Fergie himself took the job and didnt sweep all before him we would be shouting the odds about him being past it.

Incidentally my wife is now hoping we lose every week.

i've still got it......:greengrin

sixtwo
10-04-2010, 11:29 PM
I fail to see why anyone with mental capacity would touch this job with a bargepole. If Fergie himself took the job and didnt sweep all before him we would be shouting the odds about him being past it.

Incidentally my wife is now hoping we lose every week.

i've still got it......:greengrin

you were only away 2 minutes:greengrin

Kaiser1962
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
you were only away 2 minutes:greengrin

thats all it takes mate............all it takes.....yeaaahhh....am good....

Hibs90
11-04-2010, 10:36 AM

That reason is cause Falkirk are a diddy wee club who are *****. Probably Hughes tactics aswell.

SalfordHibs
11-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Derek McInnes for me all day long :agree:

archiebald
11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Adams does have tactical knowledge-and will go to a bigger club

Hibs90
11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Why dont we just have around 4 first team coaches. Mowbray - Collins - Mixu - Yogi. Perfect management team surely? :greengrin

PISTOL1875
11-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Derek McInnes or Billy Reid..........

BT58
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
whit about jim gannon:duck::duck::hide::hide::offski::offski:
should have posted that on the first
hb

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Someone who doesnt have a Hibs connection!

TQM it is then.

matty_f
11-04-2010, 06:06 PM

:top marks Spot on.

I said it after the Dundee Utd pumping at Easter Road, and the fact that we've taken another sore one this weekend doesn't change my mind, predominantly because the same issues that were evident earlier in the season are still evident now.

There is a basic lack of quality in depth at the club, and there would also appear to be a deep rooted problem with attitudes as well. There's only one way to fix it, and that's to give the power to the manager to do what needs to be done to resolve it. If that takes another season, then so be it.

If we go down the route of sacking another manager and starting over (again) he'll give these same players the chance to prove themselves, again all they'll prove is what we already know about them, and by the time the January window comes round we'll have folk shouting for his head.

Give the manager the time and money that he needs to sort it out. IMHO, that's the ONLY way that we'll get out of this mess. For me, this season's written off. I stopped getting massively frustrated after the Utd debacle because it was clear that the issue lies with quality, rather than tactics.

matty_f
11-04-2010, 06:07 PM
TQM it is then.

:tee hee:

bighairyfaeleith
11-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd take any of the following

1. Mcinness
2. Craig Brown
3. George Burley (good manager before the scotland farce, could be again I reckon)
4. Mark Venus

My preference would be venus.

Dr_Regal
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Paul Ince or Phil Brown

Dunbar Hibee
11-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I'll stick with Yogi thanks.

DH1875
11-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Give Yogi one more year and take it from there. We can't continue to keep changing the manager every year.

ScottB
11-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I'd take any of the following

1. Mcinness
2. Craig Brown
3. George Burley (good manager before the scotland farce, could be again I reckon)
4. Mark Venus

My preference would be venus.

What shred of evidence is there that Venus would be a capable manager? Or even that he wants to be one? People moan that Hughes and Mixu are inexperienced, Venus would be an utter novice in the hot seat.

Going for anyone connected with the club is non starter for me. Particularly a guy who your presumably picking cause he was around when St Tony had us playing proper football (with players of a skill set we won't see again and a defence with the consistency of wet tissue paper)

That Tony and Co bombed at Celtic with a better squad than we have says it all.

Craig Brown has shown us what a manager who can organise a team can do in this division. He's made Motherwell difficult to defeat, that plus the ability to grind out wins when on an off day is something only JC came close to achieving of any recent Hibs manager for me.

houston1875
11-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Get Tony Tibbs in he don't mess about

ian cruise
11-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I think hughes should be given till this time next year to prove he's up to the job, though if we finish sixth i might change my mind.

if he were to go i wouldnt mind mcinnes but the surely the shouts for adams are just a knee jerk reaction to a good cup run? yogi got falkirk to the scottish cup final last season and people want rid of him now, who is to say adams would be any better, plus often hughes falkirk teams were commended for the way they tried to play football up until last season and often then commentators were saying it was just down to lack of a decent striker to finish of their chances that they were in the trouble they were.

Ed De Gramo
11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
TQM it is then.

:tee hee::top marks

Ed De Gramo
11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Yogi's going nowhere.

In Yogi we trust! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Diclonius
11-04-2010, 10:19 PM

He'd just loan a bunch of OF players and then play em ahead of everyone else. :wink:

jabis
11-04-2010, 10:25 PM

sorry never read the reasoned debate that followed your OP(life is to short)

But as you say"Don't have a go at me"

GTF is my reasoned take on the matter !

ahibby
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Dunno who should come in but we should get someone who has shown he is a winner. A League 1 or SFL 1 winner would probably be around about in our market and we should be a step up for someone coming from there. My reasoning is that whoever has won one of those titles has atleast shown he can get enough out of a set of players to achieve their potential. Having said that I have never been 100% certain that our set of players have the potential to get third or fourth. I have from time to time thought they might but I have never been sure. Neither have I been sure about our balance, thinking at times we just don't look right. I do remember some games at ER last year when we knew we were going to get something in the last twenty minutes and win the game. Oh for a return to those days and they weren't all that long ago, so what has changed. Well I don't know the reason for the free fall but the team isn't performing the same way that it has done. Someone on this message board seems to know a reason why and he puts it down to the manager. To believe him or not, that's a question. How much have we saved in the last thirteen games on not paying out win bonuses?

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Derek McInnes, having Hibbys as our managers just doesn't seem to work.

Delboy4
12-04-2010, 01:03 PM

He would be goin' oot wae the boys up the toon.:party:

He would probably arrange the nights out..!

bighairyfaeleith
12-04-2010, 02:53 PM
What shred of evidence is there that Venus would be a capable manager? Or even that he wants to be one? People moan that Hughes and Mixu are inexperienced, Venus would be an utter novice in the hot seat.

Going for anyone connected with the club is non starter for me. Particularly a guy who your presumably picking cause he was around when St Tony had us playing proper football (with players of a skill set we won't see again and a defence with the consistency of wet tissue paper)

That Tony and Co bombed at Celtic with a better squad than we have says it all.

Craig Brown has shown us what a manager who can organise a team can do in this division. He's made Motherwell difficult to defeat, that plus the ability to grind out wins when on an off day is something only JC came close to achieving of any recent Hibs manager for me.

Not sure it does say it all, venus was pretty much sidelined at celtic, was he veen given the title assistant manager before they hit problems?

Your right though as the manager he is inexperienced. But, I reckon someone will give him his chance now that mowbray is unlikely to need him as his assistant. I reckon who ever does will be thankful they did. A lot of this is a hunch but any inexperienced manager will be a gamble.

Trouble is could we afford a top experienced manager, or do we try and get an up and coming manager and get a few good years on the back of them moving up in there career?

TRC
12-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Danny Wilson, done a fantastic job at Swindon Town

Speedway
12-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Danny Wilson, done a fantastic job at Swindon Town

Like signing Alan O'Brien?

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Like signing Alan O'Brien?

Yeah we should definitely be getting O'Brien aswell as the manager otherwise it just isn't worth it.

joebakerforever
13-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Has to be Al Murray.

He'd get a free bar and pole dancers installed at East Mains as part of the new training regime to suit the demands of certain members of the Hibs squad :devil:

Speedway
13-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Derek McInnes for me all day long :agree:

Adams does have tactical knowledge-and will go to a bigger club

Derek McInnes or Billy Reid..........

Derek McInnes, having Hibbys as our managers just doesn't seem to work.

Because of the success they've achieved getting their sides into the bottom six, or the array of medals they have won as players and managers?

What makes you think Reid could attract better players to the squad than Yogi. He signed MAC for goodness sake.

There's only one candidate for when Yogi departs and then there'll be no need to ask the question - Wha's in cherge here?

KWJ
13-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Exactly, they have all had a similar path as Yogi and achieved the same or less than he did. What is there to suggest they would do better :rolleyes: