PDA

View Full Version : Hughes, in the name of god, go! (Merged threads)

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 03:33 PM
This week if possible and take these non triers with you!

:bye:

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2010, 03:35 PM
That knee getting a bit jerky?

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 03:36 PM
That knee getting a bit jerky?
:yawn:

Hardly a kneejerk reaction considering a large amount of board have been saying the same weeks, if not months.

hibby4ever
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
yogi do the best thing and pack your bags and gtf........also take all the crap that think they are footballers they are more like robbers with all the wages they take and dont do anything for it total and utter mince

i wont be back at er untill yogi is away the team is nothing but a mess

Sprouleflyer
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM

Bring back Mixu all is forgiven!!!

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Bring back Bobby Williamson!:duck::duck:

MountcastleHibs
10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Completely ott. If we keep getting rid of managers, we'll be back to square one at the start and end of every season.

We can't expect immediate success, we have to give Yogi time to get rid of the previous manager's dross. Let's see what position we're in this time next year, then have this chat. For now, it's ridiculous.

Mikeystewart
10-04-2010, 03:40 PM
wondered when the nuclear fall out would begin

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Actually I've changed my mind...

Bring back Mogga.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 03:42 PM
At 4-1 now and a missed penalty I think it's all there to see that all is not well at ER, so he can GTF for all I care

murray26
10-04-2010, 03:42 PM
This is actually worse than the Mixu reign, go now Hughes, Petrie bring in someone who knows what there doing.

PeterboroHibee
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Not saying he should go but we get pumped by every team we play. If he feels we need different players in, why not try and make us hard to beat until he can do so, instead of going 433 every game.

Clearly has no idea how to motivate the players, how to organise the team in terms of tactics or getting them together as a unit, is unacceptable. Weve had 1 clean sheet since the start of January, its unbelievable.

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Completely ott. If we keep getting rid of managers, we'll be back to square one at the start and end of every season.

We can't expect immediate success, we have to give Yogi time to get rid of the previous manager's dross. Let's see what position we're in this time next year, then have this chat. For now, it's ridiculous.

We're going to go nowhere, as it's evident that Yogi doesn't have a clue what he's doing.
We're losing 4-1 to complete and utter dross here. We have a far better squad than these guys, Yogi just doesn't have the tactical nous to get us the win.

Mikeystewart
yogi do the best thing and pack your bags and gtf........also take all the crap that think they are footballers they are more like robbers with all the wages they take and dont do anything for it total and utter mince

Remember a lot of the pish at hibs has not been signed from Hughes he needs at least one more season before we even consider giving him the boot. We where warned Hughes even he was surprised by the progress we had made at the start of the season i think we are being found out for what we are . we are not the finished article and you cannot sack a manager at this level every time we look like slipping to mid table mediocrity.

Frazerbob
5-1 St Johnston
4-1 Hamilton
2-1 Ross County
3-1 St Johnston (CIS Cup)
3 gutless Derby performances

These 7 games alone tell me that Hughes must go. Totally unacceptable. Unfortunately it will never happen though, he'll be given next season.

Get your money on Hearts finishing above us!

Sprouleflyer
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Nothing has changed since the Mixu days. Same tactics, 3 up front, nothing in midfield and nothing in defence.

Maybe it's about time the board got some flak from the fans for constantly picking the wrong man.

degenerated
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM

hibby4ever :hilarious you should change your username to "hibby as long as we don't have a bad run"

PeterboroHibee
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
5-1 St Johnston
4-1 Hamilton
2-1 Ross County

These 7 games alone tell me that Hughes must go. Totally unacceptable. Unfortunately it will never happen though, he'll be given next season.

Pumped at home by United and Rangers as well. Dont think losing to either is embarrasing, but we conceded 4 to both..

ScottB
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
If Hughes comes out with his 'oh the lads have been brilliant... gotta put my arm round em' crap then the board should sack him on the spot.

This is a nonsense, 2 wins in 13 games?? Something is badly broken at the club. That run of form, for me, rules out the response 'kneejerk.'

And don't give me any of this 'we need 10 new players' nonsense, the squad we have is more than good enough to be winning more than 2 out of 13. If Hughes can't get a team including players like Stokes, Riordan, Miller et all to score goals then I don't see what a few more players will do.

hibiedude
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
The happy clappers wll soon put a spin on this result :bitchy:

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
The happy clappers wll soon put a spin on this result :bitchy:

They will, of that you can be assured but like Hughes they too can GTF!

:blah::blah: give him a chance :blah::blah::blah: he is commited to Hibs :blah::blah::blah:

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 03:52 PM

:blah::blah: give him a chance :blah::blah::blah: he is commited to Hibs :blah::blah::blah:

I wouldn't go that far.:bitchy:
There's nothing wrong with trying to be positive about the team you support...

Diclonius
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Sorry for being positive about my team.

Perhaps you would like to go and support a team that consistantly loses? I am aware that we win far too many games for you.

Niffy
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
5-1 St Johnston
4-1 Hamilton
2-1 Ross County

Scraped passed Irvine Meadow

Bobo
If we keep getting rid of managers

We've never had a manager for the past 3 seasons, the present incumbent and his predecessor have never been managers in their life ... pair of clowns clearly know F-all.

Yogi has now succeeded in turning us into Falkirk without the fight, I'd be happy if he walked tonight as I have no faith in him. A first division manager is about his limit and that's where we're headed next season if he's left in charge.

Can't believe that the board has allowed this pillock to put out the same daft formation filled with an under-achieving set of *******s every week and then let him spout the biggest load of pish on how unlucky they are and how hard they train... sick of listening to his *****!

hibees53
The happy clappers will accuse you of being a Jambo if you criticise Hughes and his lack of tactics

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Sorry for being positive about my team.

Perhaps you would like to go and support a team that consistantly loses? I am aware that we win far too many games for you.

Eh? away and play wi yirsel pal, I've been hoping this mob might make it since 1962, my first game, so away ye go and dinnae bother me eh?

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
The happy clappers will accuse you of being a Jambo if you criticise Hughes and his lack of tactics

Happy clapper Alert!!!!!!!

Fantic
10-04-2010, 03:57 PM

GTF yersel!

RoYO!
10-04-2010, 03:57 PM

100% agree and well said

Diclonius
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Eh? away and play wi yirsel pal, I've been hoping this mob might make it since 1962, my first game, so away ye go and dinnae bother me eh?

Granted. But why resort to simply criticising another supporter because they choose to remain cautiously optimistic? We're football supporters after all. I respect your right to say what you want, but don't turn this into a war against the "happy clappers".

Oh and I'd refrain from the personal insults too. Stay above it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't go that far.:bitchy:
There's nothing wrong with trying to be positive about the team you support...

Listen pal I've seen more up than downs in last 46 years to kill off any supporter but I've stayed loyal to them and will never support another team but if you are happy to keep coming on here spouting pish then we will never get what we crave for, a happy clapping sheep you are!

weonlywon6-2
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
5-1 St Johnston
4-1 Hamilton
2-1 Ross County

these are some of the worst displays weve had in many years. we tried harder when we got relegated in 98 or whenever it was.

my faith in yogi is fading quickly.

yes,he can talk a good game but it is just not happening now, week in week out we are awful.

i dont think yogi will see this through,we arent even seeing a glimpse of hope.

Saorsa
10-04-2010, 04:01 PM

We can't expect immediate success, we have to give Yogi time to get rid of the previous manager's dross. Let's see what position we're in this time next year, then have this chat. For now, it's ridiculous.Sorry but IMO the biggest problem isnae the players, what difference will it make what player he has when he hasnae got a clue what he's doing with them, we're a shambles, nae team spirit or fight from them. I got bored tae tears months ago listening tae the same pish fae Hughes but nothing changes. I'm no for changing managers all the time either but nor am I for flogging a deid horse.

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Listen pal I've seen more up than downs in last 46 years to kill off any supporter but I've stayed loyal to them and will never support another team but if you are happy to keep coming on here spouting pish then we will never get what we crave for, a happy clapping sheep you are!

For a start, I'm not a 'happy clapping sheep'. But I'm not so closeminded that I have to tell anyone who doesn't agree with me to 'GTF'.

In regards to the first part, well, you are THE uber fan. Happy?

EDIT: In addition, you're implying that happy clappers are the sheep, so obviously you feel they are the majority. How do you expect the club to progress if the majority of our fanbase 'GTF'?

FitbaFolkKen
10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
It's the manner of the defeats, the inability to change a game and the fact that the boys who have been "fantastic" all season.... clearly haven't been.

The only reason i can think for such a rapid decline in form is a lack of respect for the management :grr:

weonlywon6-2
10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Sorry but IMO the biggest problem isnae the players, what difference will it make what player he has when he hasnae got a clue what he's doing with them or how tae get any team spirit or fight from them. I got bored tae tears months ago listening tae the same pish fae Hughes but nothing changes. I'm no for changing managers all the time either but nor am I for flogging a deid horse.

totally agree:top marks

bobbyhibs1983
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
bottom line is yogi wont get sacked or leave, simple, We ,as fans should try give him til xmas this year to sort things out.

Bottom line is i would say most fans would back him,will you buy your st for next season? I think most ppl will

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
For a start, I'm not a 'happy clapping sheep'. But I'm not so ****ing closeminded that I have to tell anyone who doesn't agree with me to 'GTF'.

In regards to the first part, well, you are THE uber fan. Happy?

EDIT: In addition, you're implying that happy clappers are the sheep, so obviously you feel they are the majority. How do you expect the club to progress if the majority of our fanbase 'GTF'?

What "progress! are we talking about here? ffs mate I'm as passionate as the next man about Hibs but just cannot take in the mistakes the board has made with manager choices over the last 4 or 5 seasons. I voted for Hughes as a stupid blind Hibernian fool that thought the Leith laddie will turn us in to a lean mean fighting machine, how wrong can anybody be :bitchy:

Cropley10
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
5-1 St Johnston
4-1 Hamilton
2-1 Ross County

100% correct. Even Mixu didn't have this list of shame (IIRC)

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Sorry but IMO the biggest problem isnae the players, what difference will it make what player he has when he hasnae got a clue what he's doing with them, we're a shambles, nae team spirit or fight from them. I got bored tae tears months ago listening tae the same pish fae Hughes but nothing changes. I'm no for changing managers all the time either but nor am I for flogging a deid horse.

:top marks

cabbage07
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Does anyone think Petrie has to take a bit of blame here?
Appointing cheap managers its just not working

Cropley10
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM

Do one Jambo.

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I can't see Yogi being here next season if the results continue as they are anyway. Rod's not daft.
We just need to hope that the next decision is made without any influence from the support. Another Hibs man is clearly not what we need.:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM

Possibly but it's hard to say, like us he's a Hibby and perhaps his heart rules his head, having said that his next one (soon I hope) will be the right one

GlesgaeHibby
10-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to support Hughes as manager. I can see where many are coming from in saying that we need stability, and I am fed up with transitional seasons as well.

The problem now is that we don't seem to be in transition. It's freefall at the minute. Some abysmal results, an awful run of 2 wins in 13 but the hardest thing to take is the constant surrendering of the midfield and lack of fight shown. For that Hughes has to take the blame.

weonlywon6-2
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
What "progress! are we talking about here? ffs mate I'm as passionate as the next man about Hibs but just cannot take in the mistakes the board has made with manager choices over the last 4 or 5 seasons. I voted for Hughes as a stupid blind Hibernian fool that thought the Leith laddie will turn us in to a lean mean fighting machine, how wrong can anybody be :bitchy:

the current run of results yogi has had could get him the sack.i`m sure others have lost there jobs for less

cabbage07
10-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Possibly but it's hard to say, like us he's a Hibby and perhaps his heart rules his head, having said that his next one (soon I hope) will be the right one

Heres hoping mate ,there isnt a big incentive for people to buy a ST for next season which is a shame with the new stand being finished for it.

Sir David Gray
The sad thing is, I'm not even remotely surprised at today's result. :bitchy:

I'm still not at the point where I think we should sack Hughes (I still believe he needs the summer to rebuild the squad and then a few months into next season to show what he can do with this new squad).

If we are struggling by October/November time then he should go.

We have too many poor/average players at our disposal and we don't have the right characters who are up for a 'fight'.

I fully expect us to now finish 6th and I don't believe we'll win another game this season.

Hainan Hibs
I was in the "Give Yogi time" camp but today has pushed me out of that.

There have been too many unacceptable humpings and I've never witnessed such a "couldnae give a ****" attitude from a Hibs team.

Hughes persistence with tactics, personnel who are getting us humped and his after match rants have pushed me into thinking will a summer transfer market actually make anything better for us?

Vince White
10-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Battling relegation is where we'll be if we don't act sharpish and bring someone else in.

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 04:18 PM
The sad thing is, I'm not even remotely surprised at today's result. :bitchy:

I'm still not at the point where I think we should sack Hughes (I still believe he needs the summer to rebuild the squad and then a few months into next season to show what he can do with this new squad).

If we are struggling by October/November time then he should go.

We have too many poor/average players at our disposal and we don't have the right characters who are up for a 'fight'.

I fully expect us to now finish 6th and I don't believe we'll win another game this season.

That's just daft tbh. Give him a summer to spend funds then sack him after a couple of months if he's doing crap(which he will be)?

I think we should get a new manager, sooner rather than later...

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy

OK, so you voted for a stupid decision last time, how do you know that you are not making another stupid decision now?

If you are a daft enough to think that somebody should be given the Hibs managers job because he comes from Leith, then im just delighted that you are nowhere near the decision-making at Easter Road.

Frazerbob
Both Radio Scotland reporters slating the players for laughing and joking during the warm down. "They don't seem to be hurting enough" was one of the comments.

I'm sure they were just making their plans for a good bevvy sesh up George Street tonight. Pricks, the ****ing lot of them!

weonlywon6-2
10-04-2010, 04:19 PM
anyone else got a feeling the players are wanting him out the job?

after recent performances,it is possible

SRHibs
10-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Both Radio Scotland reporters slating the players for laughing and joking during the warm down. "They don't seem to be hurting enough" was one of the comments.

I'm sure they were just making their plans for a good bevvy sesh up George Street tonight. Pricks, the ****ing lot of them!

I'd play the U19's if I were Yogi. I doubt they would've got humped 4-1 tbh...

hibs0666
10-04-2010, 04:20 PM

That mob were probably more interested in their National bets than the result. I ****in despise Hibs players at the moment. :boo hoo:

Baw Baggio
10-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Just heard that, bunch of fannies.

Could not care less in which players leave this summer

Hainan Hibs
10-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Agreed. Another quote was "They look like they don't give a damn"

If that's the case get them to ****. Absolute wage thieves.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 04:22 PM
That's just daft tbh. Give him a summer to spend funds then sack him after a couple of months if he's doing crap(which he will be)?

I think we should get a new manager, sooner rather than later...

I still have belief, although that is rapidly diminishing with every game, that Hughes knows what he's doing and that he knows what kind of players he needs to bring in to the club this summer.

I am hoping that he will eventually come good next season with those new players but if not then we'll have to go our separate ways.

Betty Boop
10-04-2010, 04:22 PM
anyone else got a feeling the players are wanting him out the job?

after recent performances,it is possible

Maybe The Quiet Man was right, and there are problems in the dressing room.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM

If that is the case then any video footage should be sent to Rod Petrie and all the players who are laughing, less than an hour after being humped 4-1, should be fined two weeks' wages.

That should wipe the smiles off their faces. :bitchy:

snooky
10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
It's the manner of the defeats, the inability to change a game and the fact that the boys who have been "fantastic" all season.... clearly haven't been.

The only reason i can think for such a rapid decline in form is a lack of respect for the management :grr:

Whatever the reason, it won't fix itself. This is not just a one-of bad performance. Sadly, from experience, once the rot sets in it's hard to stop it without major surgery.

Peg-shooglin' times at ER. :boo hoo:

Bobo
10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
hardest thing to take is the constant surrendering of the midfield and lack of fight shown. For that Hughes has to take the blame.

Yogi's reluctance to drop players who are either under-achieving or simply not good enough says it all for me. What's the point of having a squad of players if you only use half of them? He clearly has no belief in any of his younger players?

Ignoring our defensive frailties, from day one, and doing nothing to address the problem, when he knew that Jones would be moving on is criminal. :grr:

Good fortune helped us to achieve the start that we got while not really playing decent football. Now that luck had deserted the team, yogi's been found out 'cos he hasn't the ability to get the best out of his players.

The Green Goblin
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Things are grim, but there`s few things annoy me more than people labelling other fans, whether as "happy clappers" or "doom and gloomers". It`s really time to stop using these expressions on here. Throwing them at each other is just a pathetic and cheap substitute for a decent argument or opinion. It helps nobody and achieves nothing, except to make everyone even less united as a support. Things are bad enough without making them even worse for ourselves.

Just grow up and realise that different people see things in different ways but we are all Hibees and we all, regardless of our point of view, want to see Hibs do well. No-one is happy to see things as they are right now, but as fans, of course we are going to have different ideas about how best to move forward.

It would be good if folks remembered from time to time to respect your fellow Hibees and remember that we all support the same team.

GG

Emerald
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
The big defeats we have had this season are unacceptable. We have to start playing football in the SPL that will get us results. We are constantly trying to be a flair team but year after year its proving to be an unsuccessful tactic. Yogi seems to have no idea how to turn this around and for me I think we need to change our approach. By this I don't mean becoming a team of cloggers but we have got to adapt to the opposition we are up against. Week after week we are being outplayed by teams with a fraction of our resources. Unfortunately I think we will only improve this with a new manager. I think Yogi is a good person with his heart in the right place and I will never say GTF to him but this cannot go on. :agree:

CMac1988
10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
If that is the case then any video footage should be sent to Rod Petrie and all the players who are laughing, less than an hour after being humped 4-1, should be fined two weeks' wages.

Agreed, maybe if the Board came down a bit harder on the players they might finally start giving a F*** as they certainly don't seem to care much for Hughes.

I'm really stuck on the fence on wether he should stay or go.

Can't wait for a post match interview though, hopefully he'll finally get past the same tedious crap he's been spouting for months... Then again everytime I hear from him Hibs appear to have been in a slump for a month...

HOW LONG DOES A F****** HUGHES MONTH LAST FOR?!?! :grr::grr:

new malkyhib
10-04-2010, 04:38 PM

Careful - that'll get you hung around these parts...

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
OK, so you voted for a stupid decision last time, how do you know that you are not making another stupid decision now?

If you are a daft enough to think that somebody should be given the Hibs managers job because he comes from Leith, then im just delighted that you are nowhere near the decision-making at Easter Road.

aye you are probably right there!, but the thing is WHO would you have taken on board at that time?, what was the list? who were the candidates? do you know?, no, thought not

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
The big defeats we have had this season are unacceptable. We have to start playing football in the SPL that will get us results. We are constantly trying to be a flair team but year after year its proving to be an unsuccessful tactic. Yogi seems to have no idea how to turn this around and for me I think we need to change our approach. By this I don't mean becoming a team of cloggers but we have got to adapt to the opposition we are up against. Week after week we are being outplayed by teams with a fraction of our resources. Unfortunately I think we will only improve this with a new manager. I think Yogi is a good person with his heart in the right place and I will never say GTF to him but this cannot go on. :agree:

Are we? :confused:

I haven't seen any games in recent months where we have been anything close to being a "flair team".

The truth is we have a group of players who think that they are far better than they actually are and our early season position went to a lot of their heads.

We're just not very good, unfortunately.

Andy74
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
See everyone saying yogi early has no idea how to turn things around. How do you know?

I've seen us playing differnt tactics and fomations and none have made any real odds. And I suspect that despite the public front yogi knows it more than anyone.

I suspect the answers to turning it around lie outwith anything we can do at this time of year.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Agreed, maybe if the Board came down a bit harder on the players they might finally start giving a F*** as they certainly don't seem to care much for Hughes.

I'm really stuck on the fence on wether he should stay or go.

Can't wait for a post match interview though, hopefully he'll finally get past the same tedious crap he's been spouting for months... Then again everytime I hear from him Hibs appear to have been in a slump for a month...

HOW LONG DOES A F****** HUGHES MONTH LAST FOR?!?! :grr::grr:

:agree: I don't think many of the poor sods who paid £22 to get in and watch that pish today would be coming home laughing and joking.

That is actually worse than losing the game itself.

Albanian Hibs
10-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I was in the "Give Yogi time" camp but today has pushed me out of that.

There have been too many unacceptable humpings and I've never witnessed such a "couldnae give a ****" attitude from a Hibs team.

Hughes persistence with tactics, personnel who are getting us humped and his after match rants have pushed me into thinking will a summer transfer market actually make anything better for us?

I am with you here. I was willing to give him time, at least until Xmas, but after listening to another humping from a "smaller" team I am now comfortable with saying Yogi GTF. We are a total laughing stock. :grr:

snooky
10-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Things are grim, but there`s few things annoy me more than people labelling other fans, whether as "happy clappers" or "doom and gloomers". It`s really time to stop using these expressions on here. Throwing them at each other is just a pathetic and cheap substitute for a decent argument or opinion. It helps nobody and achieves nothing, except to make everyone even less united as a support. Things are bad enough without making them even worse for ourselves.

Just grow up and realise that different people see things in different ways but we are all Hibees and we all, regardless of our point of view, want to see Hibs do well. No-one is happy to see things as they are right now, but as fans, of course we are going to have different ideas about how best to move forward.

It would be good if folks remembered from time to time to respect your fellow Hibees and remember that we all support the same team.

GG

FWIW, I'm a Happy Doomer. :wink:

snooky
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM

Would that be the same Rod that left his seat at Hampden with a big grin on his face after watching us getting humped 4-0 by the yams?

Emerald
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Are we? :confused:

I haven't seen any games in recent months where we have been anything close to being a "flair team".

The truth is we have a group of players who think that they are far better than they actually are and our early season position went to a lot of their heads.

We're just not very good, unfortunately.

That's what I said. We think we have flair players we try to play flair football, we are always being reported as being a passing side but in reality we are getting played off the park by just about everyone. The only reason we are as high in the league as we are is that we have players who can score out of nothing. We dont create chances, cant hold the ball up, dont control games and don't close teams down. The balance of the team is so far wrong its not true but each week its status quo, naw if it was Status Quo I'd renew my season ticket today. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
See everyone saying yogi early has no idea how to turn things around. How do you know?

I've seen us playing differnt tactics and fomations and none have made any real odds. And I suspect that despite the public front yogi knows it more than anyone.

I suspect the answers to turning it around lie outwith anything we can do at this time of year.

It looks like there's a couple of wrong 'uns in the dressing room. In the old days you could ship them out mid season.

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Maybe The Quiet Man was right, and there are problems in the dressing room.

The Quiet Man was right about a lot of things, it was interesting to see those who ganged up on him.

Hughes is NOT the man for the job he never was.

If those that still follow him with blind loyalty still do, the need their heads looking at.

He is completely inept and out of his depth.

Hughes GTF!

Oscar Lomax
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Take Ross County for example. The way they played today is how I would like to see Hibs playing. No superstars but eleven players who worked their socks off, rolled there sleeves up and got stuck in. They also have an intellegent young manager in Adams.

Hughes is one of the boys just carrying on and foolin around. He has no idea about tactics or managing a team. Being a rugged defender, I thought a strong defence would be a strong part of his teams but its the opposite. They are crap, powder puff. He has chopped and changed all season. He doesnt even know his strongest 11 ! Hopefully he is gone on Monday.

Hibby Bairn
10-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Take Ross County for example. The way they played today is how I would like to see Hibs playing. No superstars but eleven players who worked their socks off, rolled there sleeves up and got stuck in. They also have an intellegent young manager in Adams.

Hughes is one of the boys just carrying on and foolin around. He has no idea about tactics or managing a team. Being a rugged defender, I thought a strong defence would be a strong part of his teams but its the opposite. They are crap, powder puff. He has chopped and changed all season. He doesnt even know his strongest 11 ! Hopefully he is gone on Monday.

I agree. We seem to be run like an amateur team who have a good social side and cannae wait to get to the pub after the game for a pie and a few pints. And the gaffer will be there also, laughing and joking all in the name of team spirit.

skipster7
10-04-2010, 05:20 PM

GG
:agree:
the best and most sensible post iv'e read on here for a long time. the extreme reactions either way are embarrassing at times and tend to put me off coming on here as often as i would like.
at times the negativity is mindblowing with people seemingly happy to be proved right when things go wrong.i miss the days when we could go to the fitba without having a negative attitude as our default mindset and im not even talking about our current run.
for as long as I've followed hibs we've have usually been a won 12, drew 12 lost 12 kind of team with the odd exception, but even during far worse seasons than the current one the atmospere of sheer negativity has never been as bad as the last few seasons. at times i think we get the team our support deserves.:bitchy:

Judas Iscariot
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM

Watch oot, überfan aboot :notworthy:

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Watch oot, überfan aboot :notworthy:

:thumbsup:

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-04-2010, 05:31 PM
This is actually worse than the Mixu reign, go now Hughes, Petrie bring in someone who knows what there doing.

Explain please :confused:

Chuckie
10-04-2010, 05:51 PM
And what the hell is a 'bugbear' ?

Cabbage1875
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
The Quiet Man was right about a lot of things, it was interesting to see those who ganged up on him.

Hughes is NOT the man for the job he never was.

If those that still follow him with blind loyalty still do, the need their heads looking at.

He is completely inept and out of his depth.

Hughes GTF!

Spot on.

MrSmith
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot that all hibs managers are out of their depths in the first six months of their new position!

OK guys what is plan F?

And, if you get your way, I hope you'll be as forgiving as you are right now!!!

gorgie_harp
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM

:top marks:top marks.:agree::agree:
Total bunch of big time charlie ******s,yogi included.:grr::grr:

King Paddy
10-04-2010, 06:27 PM
In view of our current run of 2 wins in 13 games under Yogi is Petrie prepared to accept this dross week in week out?. We are a laughing stock and i cannot remember a worst Hibs team. I have followed Hibs for 53 years and even the relegated sides of late 70s and 90s produced more fight and application than this joke of a team. If we continue with Hughes into next season i predict we will be relegation contenders, you can call me a knee jerker etc but the performances and results have been pathetic. Petrie must be concerned about selling season tickets for next season under the present manager, and the considerable down turn in revenue if he fails to act now. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

hibsbollah
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
i cannot remember a worst Hibs team. I have followed Hibs for 53 years :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Cast your mind back to last season, Mixu's team was worse than this, as was Tommy Craigs the season before when he picked up Collins' leftovers, Bobby Williamson era was worse as well.

This probably isnt cheering you up is it?:faf:

Speedway
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM

Why, do you think we'll replace them with a result-getting manager better than Hughes' 45% at Hibs and players who'll both try and be better than what we've got?

:faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
If Hearts end up finishing above us, I hope that Hughes will have the good grace to hand his tin in and go quietly.

Speedway
10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
In view of our current run of 2 wins in 13 games under Yogi is Petrie prepared to accept this dross week in week out?. We are a laughing stock and i cannot remember a worst Hibs team. I have followed Hibs for 53 years and even the relegated sides of late 70s and 90s produced more fight and application than this joke of a team. If we continue with Hughes into next season i predict we will be relegation contenders, you can call me a knee jerker etc but the performances and results have been pathetic. Petrie must be concerned about selling season tickets for next season under the present manager, and the considerable down turn in revenue if he fails to act now. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

So you above most people will know, that nothing's going to change even if Rod does sack Yogi (which he won't)

ScottB
10-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Cast your mind back to last season, Mixu's team was worse than this, as was Tommy Craigs the season before when he picked up Collins' leftovers, Bobby Williamson era was worse as well.

In terms of points Hughes has what, 2 or 3 more than the total that got Mixu sacked with little sign of adding to them.

If improvement is the stick he wants to be measured with, he's putting his head in the noose.

Gala Foxes
10-04-2010, 06:53 PM
4 @ Hamilton
5 @ Perth
3 @ home to St Johnstone in CIS
Humiliation in Dingwall
2-1 defeat to the pishest Hearts team for years

Not a good 1st year CV for anyone

BWhiteman1972
10-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Considering the supposed 'talent' this team is supposed to have, there is no heart, no fight and no pride in wearing the jersey by the majority.

My concern is taking this form into next season - and considering our results against the teams occupying the bottom 6 positions I would not be too confident.

While I hate seeing managers being sacked after such a short period of time, especially when the previous team weren't great shakes either, Yogi has got 5 games left to salvage what (despite very few outstandind performances) looked like a promising season.

If no European place is achieved then very big questions have to be asked by the board as to whether Yogi has what it takes to improve.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM

In terms of personnel, I would agree with you, I think we do have a better team now than we had last year, however in terms of performance standards, the latter part of this year has been just as bad as last year and because we have a better squad on paper, the fact that our performances have been no better is actually quite hard to take.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Why, do you think we'll replace them with a result-getting manager better than Hughes' 45% at Hibs and players who'll both try and be better than what we've got?

The quicker the better eh, ah **** reserve team manager and the under 19s (or the ladies) will do

:bitchy:

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Did you type that after walking out before the end?

Speedway
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
The quicker the better eh, ah **** reserve team manager and the under 19s (or the ladies) will do

That demonstrates my point nicely, cheers.

sleeping giant
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Explain please :confused:

PapillonVert
10-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I haven't read every post and, also, although a ST holder, have seen very few games this year. The reports I have are that we are and have been absolutely dire. I have no reason to believe that those reports are in any way wrong.

What I would put into the debate, however, is how impatient we Hibs fans are and how little time we give to any manager.

I think that it takes time. A manager coming in can indeed influence things and insist that this or that player is brought in. On the other hand, he has to deal with what he and the club have and there may be contractual obligations there.

Basically, what I am saying is that it's unfair and unreasonable to be crying for someone's head when really that person has had only a short time to change things which were already far from acceptable.

If this time next year, things have not begun to improve then I think we have to start asking questions.

Just my opinion.

LALthehibeeGAL
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
at last someone talks sense

Lal:wink:

I haven't read every post and, also, although a ST holder, have seen very few games this year. The reports I have are that we are and have been absolutely dire. I have no reason to believe that those reports are in any way wrong.

What I would put into the debate, howrver, is how impatient we Hibs fans are and how little time we give to any manager.

I think that it takes time. A manager coming in can indeed influence things and insist that this or that player is brought in. On the other hand, he has to deal with what he and the club have and there may be contractual obligations there.

Basically, what I am saying is that it's unfair and unreasonable to be crying for someone's head when really that person has had only a short time to change things which were already far from acceptable.

If this time next year, things have not begun to improve then I think we have to start asking questions.

Just my opinion.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Did you type that after walking out before the end?

was I there do you mean?, no sorry I can't mange away games these days, does that clarify your pointless reply?

Jonnyboy
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
was I there do you mean?, no sorry I can't mange away games these days, does that clarify your pointless reply?

Hardly pointless as you've answered it to my satisfaction :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
That demonstrates my point nicely, cheers.

Well what do you suggest now then Mr happy clapper?, have you seen his post match interview? and you want to keep this man as manager of your team?, better you than me mate

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Hardly pointless as you've answered it to my satisfaction :wink:

:wink:

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 09:01 PM

What I would put into the debate, howreer, is how impatient we Hibs fans are and how little time we give to any manager.

Just my opinion.

OK, I see what you are saying here, and understand to a certain extent.

What if we carry this form, and I have no reason to doubt that we will not, into the new season?

Yogi has had it all wrong, football wise from the 1st match. I concede we did get results. But I have maintained, as others have that his tactics were baffling and inept. We fluked results, make no bones about it.

If we persist with him, and fire him off part the way through next season, we begin another transitional phase.

**** him off now and be done with it.

He will not cut it, we have witnessed dross right the way through the season, we are unlikely to gain another point. Give someone with the credentials to take us forward to the end of the season and a summer to sort it out

PapillonVert
10-04-2010, 09:09 PM
at last someone talks sense

Lal:wink:

Thanks, LAL. I have been a Hibby for more than 40 years and dearly love this club and the traditions behind it. I desperately want the club to do well.

I can well understand our individual and collective frustration when the team fails to live up to our expectations (I have decades of experience in that regard!) but in recent years I have detected a streak which does not allow any space at all for a new manager, in other words, unless you can be instantly and repetitively successful (according to the hugely high standards of the zero-room-for-failure brigade), then you are out of the door.

You know, I actually found myself feeling sorry for Neil Lennon today. He gave a very articulate and sincere interview and I agreed with every word he said.

PapillonVert
10-04-2010, 09:14 PM

What if we carry this form, and I have no reason to doubt that we will not, into the new season?

Yogi has had it all wrong, football wise from the 1st match. I concede we did get results. But I have maintained, as others have that his tactics were baffling and inept. We fluked results, make no bones about it.

If we persist with him, and fire him off part the way through next season, we begin another transitional phase.

He will not cut it, we have witnessed dross right the way through the season, we are unlikely to gain another point. Give someone with the credentials to take us forward to the end of the season and a summer to sort it out

It comes down to trusting someone and giving them the time and space to improve things.

You can set time limits -hey, if you don't do it now or within three months tops you're out. Fair enough.

I wonder where Man U would be if they'd listened to all the fans who called for Fergie to be chucked out in the first season he was there? And they did. Vociferously.

Toaods
10-04-2010, 09:15 PM

:top marksbang on the mark. Even if goes as far as midway through next season some people will still not believe it.

PapillonVert
10-04-2010, 09:24 PM
:top marksbang on the mark. Even if goes as far as midway through next season some people will still not believe it.

The same people said the same about Mixu and JC. So just who would get it right?

(Or maybe being involved with Hibs at any time in your career means you have no idea about tactics).

That's tongue-firmly-in-cheek BTW before someone starts hyperventilating and flinging accusations around...

Gerard
10-04-2010, 09:28 PM
The same people said the same about Mixu and JC. So just who would get it right?

Sir Alex Ferguson:wink::devil:
G

Toaods
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM

that is for the Board of Directors to investigate.

On the basis that we are never told exactly who is genuinely in the frame, we can't be expected to provide the answers to who should fill this fabulous position that is sadly becoming inreasingly viewed as a poisoned chalice.

Speedway
10-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Well what do you suggest now then Mr happy clapper?, have you seen his post match interview? and you want to keep this man as manager of your team?, better you than me mate

We'LL do it your way then, we'll pay some compo to sack the manager (bye bye any increase in playing budget) we'll give a new manager little time to assess his team and have to do exactly what Yogi has done last summer and make stop gap signings on a reduced budget because we just paid another manager to leave, we'll let the new man lose a few games, put in some poor performances and then we'll sack him and just do that every 12-18 months - GREAT IDEA!!

And of course, as a massive 10,000 supported club with a larger version of McDiarmid Park and a couple of fields next to a barn in tranent, we'll only attract the highest possible quality of candidate.

BRILLIANT!!

Then of course, we'll come on here demanding to sack the board for poor appointments, being tightwads with bargain basement signings and not pushing the club forward; whilst we lift the whole mood of Hibernian by whinging about some other thing that hasn't fallen in our laps.

WELL DONE!!

I think we should have you in as manager. I'll arrange the administrators to come in ahead of time.

Or we can let this manager have more tha 10 months to build a squad.

These .netters, take your money and **** off for good. Over 80 (EIGHTY) posts on this board tonight start with 'I wasn't there but or I was listening to it on the radio and...'

This club has never been and will never be a big club. Let's at least allow a manager who cares about being the manager have more than two transfer windows of a go at getting us something to shout about.

IMBECILES.

PapillonVert
10-04-2010, 09:43 PM
that is for the Board of Directors to investigate.

On the basis that we are never told exactly who is genuinely in the frame, we can't be expected to provide the answers to who should fill this fabulous position that is sadly becoming inreasingly viewed as a poisoned chalice.

Which - ever so conveniently - gives us fans free rein to criticise whoever is appointed, the board and all and sundry.

I fear that the term "poisoned chalice" could become an all too accurate description of the Hibs' job in the near future.

Liberal Hibby
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM
We'LL do it your way then, we'll pay some compo to sack the manager (bye bye any increase in playing budget) we'll give a new manager little time to assess his team and have to do exactly what Yogi has done last summer and make stop gap signings on a reduced budget because we just paid another manager to leave, we'll let the new man lose a few games, put in some poor performances and then we'll sack him and just do that every 12-18 months - GREAT IDEA!!

And of course, as a massive 10,000 supported club with a larger version of McDiarmid Park and a couple of fields next to a barn in tranent, we'll only attract the highest possible quality of candidate.

BRILLIANT!!

Then of course, we'll come on here demanding to sack the board for poor appointments, being tightwads with bargain basement signings and not pushing the club forward; whilst we lift the whole mood of Hibernian by whinging about some other thing that hasn't fallen in our laps.

WELL DONE!!

I think we should have you in as manager. I'll arrange the administrators to come in ahead of time.

These .netters, take your money and **** off for good. Over 80 (EIGHTY) posts on this board tonight start with 'I wasn't there but or I was listening to it on the radio and...'

This club has never been and will never be a big club. Let's at least allow a manager who cares about being the manager have more than two transfer windows of a go at getting us something to shout about.

IMBECILES.

Quite.

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 10:12 PM
It comes down to trusting someone and giving them the time and space to improve things.

You can set time limits -hey, if you don't do it now or within three months tops you're out. Fair enough.

I wonder where Man U would be if they'd listened to all the fans who called for Fergie to be chucked out in the first season he was there? And they did. Vociferously.

Personally, I didnt think Yogi was the man for the job after the first few games (Includes Pre Season Friendlies).

He has has more than 3 months, we have played absolutely crap football all season.

Wake up and smell the ****ing coffee.

It does not matter one jot that it is another manager to bite the dust, the fact is he has to be punted, NOW.

Petrie, by the way should die on his sword also, he has fired complete incompetents lately.

eastmainsmsh
10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
The results have been shocking and the players first rate crap ......imo feel its the big time charlie attitude from a certain few .......

Yogi is the man ... he needs to get rid of them before they get rid of him ..... what a start we had it has been a joke of late :agree:

seasons over pity as it looked good how the hell can they throw it all away it has to be problems behind the scenes ... which is a real shame as i thought we were destined for europe :boo hoo:

Sacking yogi would be a back step .... would mcinnes or those mentioned improve things :blah: dont think so .... get rid of the prima donnas yogi

i am 100 percent supporting you big man

BoltonHibee
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Petrie has worked the finances of Hibs very well over many years. He has proven, I think that he should be no where near managerial selection. He by the very nature of his appointments is undoing all his good work on the commercial turnaround!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-04-2010, 10:19 PM

BRILLIANT!!

WELL DONE!!

IMBECILES.

**** off bedwetters, donate your oxygen to a more worthy cause.

PapillonVert
10-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Personally, I didnt think Yogi was the man for the job after the first few games (Includes Pre Season Friendlies).

He has has more than 3 months, we have played absolutely crap football all season.

Wake up and smell the ****ing coffee.

It does not matter one jot that it is another manager to bite the dust, the fact is he has to be punted, NOW.

Petrie, by the way should die on his sword also, he has fired complete incompetents lately.

You know, BH, before Yogi was appointed I didn't think he had (for want of a better word) the "class" to be Hibs manager. But I was - and still am - prepared to give the guy a chance.

I like his honesty, his passion and his commitment. And, in spite of all, his optimism.

You know what else? Over the past few years, I have seen some pretty decent guys come and go as Hibs managers to the extent that I truly wonder if there could possibly exist on this earth the paragon that we Hibs fans deem remotely worthy enough to fill the managerial post at ER?

Vince White
10-04-2010, 11:53 PM

Spot on. All this guff about Yogi needing time to bring in his own players is wearing thin. He's brought in eight already and we're getting worse by the week. It has become an embarrassment and I wish the season was over rather than having to endure another five doses of probable humiliation.

Vince White
10-04-2010, 11:57 PM
You know, BH, before Yogi was appointed I didn't think he had (for want of a better word) the "class" to be Hibs manager. But I was - and still am - prepared to give the guy a chance.

I like his honesty, his passion and his commitment. And, in spite of all, his optimism.

You know what else? Over the past few years, I have seen some pretty decent guys come and go as Hibs managers to the extent that I truly wonder if there could possibly exist on this earth the paragon that we Hibs fans deem remotely worthy enough to fill the managerial post at ER?

There have been two in the last few years. McLeish and Mowbray. They didn't perform miracles, but they had Hibs playing in a style the fans enjoyed and they achieved league placings and results that should not be seen as unrealistic targets by Hibs fans every season. Williamson, Collins, Mixu and now Yogi tried and failed to do likewise. Nothing to do with the fans deeming them worthy or not. They simply weren't good enough managers.

marinello59
11-04-2010, 12:39 AM
There have been two in the last few years. McLeish and Mowbray. They didn't perform miracles, but they had Hibs playing in a style the fans enjoyed and they achieved league placings and results that should not be seen as unrealistic targets by Hibs fans every season. Williamson, Collins, Mixu and now Yogi tried and failed to do likewise. Nothing to do with the fans deeming them worthy or not. They simply weren't good enough managers.

Mcleish and Mowbray both had better squads. You have started a thread tonight slating the players so I would guess you agree to some extent

noseyhibby
11-04-2010, 12:55 AM

GG

Good post. I totally agree.:agree:

BoltonHibee
11-04-2010, 01:13 AM

I think this is possibly why he has been so tolerated by the masses.

He tells The Hibs support what they want to hear, they hang on every word. "He's one of us".

It's absolute bull****, watch his selection, his tactics, his formation.

You can fool some people some of the time .......etc

Steve-O
11-04-2010, 01:18 AM
5-1 St Johnston
4-1 Hamilton
2-1 Ross County

A catalogue of minging results which would see most managers shown the door IMO.

Steve-O
11-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Mcleish and Mowbray both had better squads. You have started a thread tonight slating the players so I would guess you agree to some extent

Mowbray started off with virtually the same squad that Williamson had playing like a bunch of useless fuds.

BoltonHibee
11-04-2010, 01:21 AM
A catalogue of minging results which would see most managers shown the door IMO.

Not ours unfortunately!

Owain_1987
11-04-2010, 01:25 AM
I don't see who else we can get but am sick of watching Hibs and am die hard not been since the Ross County away game. Never felt like this before because under Mixu or Bobby ok we were not great but did not lose 4 and 5 goals to teams who are bottom 6 spl sides at best. Yogi you seem to have no clue and I cant really explain it. Maybe bring in Mr Adams from Ross County and sell half our team in the summer and bring in some fighters.

Baldy Foghorn
11-04-2010, 02:05 AM
I don't see who else we can get but am sick of watching Hibs and am die hard not been since the Ross County away game. Never felt like this before because under Mixu or Bobby ok we were not great but did not lose 4 and 5 goals to teams who are bottom 6 spl sides at best. Yogi you seem to have no clue and I cant really explain it. Maybe bring in Mr Adams from Ross County and sell half our team in the summer and bring in some fighters.

How can you be die hard, but not attend games since Dingwall???:confused:

Cabbage1875
11-04-2010, 03:37 AM

BRILLIANT!!

WELL DONE!!

IMBECILES.

You are more embarrassing than any of the other posters here who dont want Yogi in the hot seat. I was there today, and if you were, its beyond belief how you can support the current regime unless its through blind faith and stobborness. Im sick of watching this ***** and next season its only going to get worse in my view.

People supporting through blind faith is just as damaging as people criticising the ***** we've had to endure this season. 'In my view of course'. But I only have 140 posts so folk wont care what I'm saying.

A sad indictment on our club/support.

Devine
11-04-2010, 04:13 AM
You are more embarrassing than any of the other posters here who dont want Yogi in the hot seat. I was there today, and if you were, its beyond belief how you can support the current regime unless its through blind faith and stobborness. Im sick of watching this ***** and next season its only going to get worse in my view.

People supporting through blind faith is just as damaging as people criticising the ***** we've had to endure this season. 'In my view of course'. But I only have 140 posts so folk wont care what I'm saying.

Very true mate. Supporting/cheering thru blind faith/optimism is more damaging than facing up to the truth!

KWJ
11-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Bolton Hibee, you're posts are in part thought provoking and true but then you spoil it all with complete nonsense.

Fans still supporting Yogi need their head examined you reckon, yet you knew Yogi wasn't the man after just a few games, pre season even. The same pre season plenty fans were excited, the same pre season we kept clean sheets at 2 Premiership sides.

Ignoring our subsequent brilliant run of results, even if we'd been pumped in every pre season friendly, to suggest a manager isn't the man that early is utterly absurd and worthy of cranial inspection!

KWJ
11-04-2010, 05:44 AM

It's hardly blind loyalty though. It's just having a bit of faith in a guy that's an ambassador of our club, an ex-captain (only one in many of our lifetimes to see lift a league title :wink:), and a manager with about 6 years of experience managing in the SPL.

He says he knows the problems and he'll turn it around. I'm prepared to honour that.

Or we could do as the poster above suggests and bring in a Div 1 manager with a bit of promise who could put some fight into our team ala Yogi a year ago with Div 1 replaced by SPL.

IWasThere2016
11-04-2010, 08:45 AM

Now now young man! I hope, with an 'agenda' like that, that you go EVERY week to ER and away! :cool2:

5-1 St Johnston
4-1 Hamilton
2-1 Ross County

Another not 'real' fan! :grr:

Sorry but IMO the biggest problem isnae the players, what difference will it make what player he has when he hasnae got a clue what he's doing with them, we're a shambles, nae team spirit or fight from them. I got bored tae tears months ago listening tae the same pish fae Hughes but nothing changes. I'm no for changing managers all the time either but nor am I for flogging a deid horse.

Spot on, Dan!

Gala Foxes
11-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Hughes on Hibs website "what the boys have given me up to now, top 6, good on you"

Open your eyes man - Not Good Enough

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2010, 09:31 AM

GG

BoltonHibee
11-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Bolton Hibee, you're posts are in part thought provoking and true but then you spoil it all with complete nonsense.

Fans still supporting Yogi need their head examined you reckon, yet you knew Yogi wasn't the man after just a few games, pre season even. The same pre season plenty fans were excited, the same pre season we kept clean sheets at 2 Premiership sides.

Ignoring our subsequent brilliant run of results, even if we'd been pumped in every pre season friendly, to suggest a manager isn't the man that early is utterly absurd and worthy of cranial inspection!

OK, Head examined maybe a bit OTT. Each to their own, if fans actually like what he dishes up fair enough but it is not my cup of tea.

Those that know me, have been aware of my views on JH, and my concerns, since day one. I have tried staying away from the messageboards for most of the season as I have had absolutely nothing positive to say about Hibs or JH.

By the way keeping clean sheets against those 2 Premiership sides is not something to crow about.

I was never carried away with the great run of results we had, I think a lot of people could see that the football we were playing was, poor, the run however it came about was never going to last and over the last 13 or so games reality is beginning to kick in.

TornadoHibby
11-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Not saying he should go but we get pumped by every team we play. If he feels we need different players in, why not try and make us hard to beat until he can do so, instead of going 433 every game.

Clearly has no idea how to motivate the players, how to organise the team in terms of tactics or getting them together as a unit, is unacceptable. Weve had 1 clean sheet since the start of January, its unbelievable.

Just about when Maka was dropped from first team action! :agree:

Co-incidence anyone? :wink: :dunno:

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM

Not sure what you mean by this Cabbage1875 if you mean people should stop going coz the current team are gash then I for one have never seen the point of that.

How does weakening the club from a financial point of view help. The fans at Man Utd have got it right IMO they still turn up even though they hate the owners, but you can see clearly by the nature of their protest how many of them agree with it.

Nothing wrong with people voicing theit dissatisfaction, but I think its better if people go along to the ground to do it.

Hibs90
11-04-2010, 10:15 AM

This but sometimes its just unbearable when you get pumped fi Hamilton ffs.

Green_one
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I have absolutely no desire to keep switching managers. There in lies the madness of Hearts.

However, can we really see Hibs winning much over the next 5 games? Does anyone believe strongly we will keep 4th place? Could the nightmare of Hearts overtaking us happen?

The fact is we are playing more poorly than for a long time. Derbies are back to struggling against the worst Hearts team I have seen in ages too. However at least Jeffries has got them going.

What I am asking myself is -Assuming the rest of the season goes as per our current form, what will most fans feel about Hughes losing Europe and dropping possibly all the way back to 6th? Will the Board want to invest further in him, especially if ST sales are down? Are we going to limp into next season, with a manager who is under fairly short notice? Not a great picture.

I pray for a miracle over the next 5 games, otherwise its all going to start getting really messy, all the way into next season. :boo hoo:

Expecting Rain
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
The season has to be analysed as a whole and irrespective of our position in the league lately we have played like a team on the verge of relegation, questions have to be answered, it is the same squad that have been involved in the failures and the successes, what are the positives and the negatives?

Can we move forward with the likes of Makalamby,Stack, Thicot, Cregg,Hogg, Stevenson,Rankin,Nish,Benji,McCormack?

Can we move forward and add to the likes of Brown,Smith,Wotherspoon,Murray,Hanlon,Miller,Riord an and Stokes

Will Bamba and Zemmama still be around ( i doubt it)

Will Yogi realise that decent organisation will result in a better balance and make us a bit more difficult to beat?

Can we add to this squad and get rid of most of the current squad in a season ( i doubt it)?

SalfordHibs
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM

Andy you need to get your nose out of Yogi's Hearts end...Honestly i never seen such a bad manager, tactics, formations are all bollocks, players attitude stink (Well some), he has no plan B. You keep thinking he is going to turn things round though :bitchy: Clueless you are :agree:

ScottB
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Ultimately, we have, what, 2 or 3 points more than last seasons total. Personally I don't see us adding much to that by the seasons end.

So let say come the end of the season we have 6 or 7 points more than last year. Thats only a few more than a total that earned Mixu the sack.

Sure, it's technically an improvement, but for me by no means is at an acceptable improvement. After significant investment in a new manager and numerous new players, to limp home only a few points better than last years abysmal total is not good enough. Particularly when you consider we were only a few points off last seasons total back in January! Hughes has clung on because his side accrued most of its points in one go, had they been spread throughout the year like Mixu I think people would have a very different opinion.

Yes, we need new players in some positions, and I'm sure it's affecting the team, however, needing players is no excuse for Hughes poor tactics and doggedly sticking to the same damn system all season long when it's bleeding obvious to all what our problems are. His inability to even attempt to address that is my concern and was exactly Mixu's problem; I can forgive poor tactics and mistakes if attempts are made to remedy them. We continue to stumble on in the same way.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
If our last thirteen games had been our first thirteen games then Hughes would have been sacked already. I have heard his " strenuous" denials that the team are not resting up on the back of a top six place being an acceptable achievement but essentially that is what is keeping Hughes in his job right now. If we had been flirting with sixth and fifth and then achieved fourth and were going into the top six split on an upwards curve that would be ok. To finish sixth on a downwards curve after being an erse-kick away from putting third out of reach of other teams would be a disaster. If Hearts get above us, I think that should cost him his job.

Bostonhibby
11-04-2010, 10:59 AM

BRILLIANT!!

WELL DONE!!

IMBECILES.

:agree: Been steaming on this one overnight and thought I had better cool down before entering the debate - I am still with Yogi for next season but if we are in the same boat at xmas it will be another matter.

We genuinely seem to be the least fit, smallest and least physical team in the league and the SPL is not actually the Brazilian League - so if we persist with the belief that others won't eventually work out how to snuff our style of play out we have had it, it will also frustrate the likes of Riordan to the extent that they express it on and maybe even off the pitch - double whammy.

As for the apparent attitude of some of the players - I think there is quite a few who , in landing at Hibs, probably think they have "arrived" and are pleased to get on and collect the money - if the manager keeps picking them its down to him - end of, IMO.

Diclonius
11-04-2010, 11:01 AM

BRILLIANT!!

WELL DONE!!

IMBECILES.

Owned.

sahib
11-04-2010, 11:02 AM

Well said.:agree:

GloryGlory
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
:agree: Been steaming on this one overnight and thought I had better cool down before entering the debate - I am still with Yogi for next season but if we are in the same boat at xmas it will be another matter.

:agree: As am I, to an extent. Once the season is finished (i.e. all games played) I would like to see early action in the close season to get rid of players and to start bringing in new players. Now I know this is difficult, with the World Cup, other managers, agents, etc away on holiday, but having already renewed my season ticket for next season, I would hate for us to get to the middle of August with nothing much changed - no players brought in, out of contract players on short term deals, etc. The Board have to show leadership and show it soon!

I haven't been to ER since the Kilmarnock game, will not be back this season (partly because I'm away on holiday for the Yams game) so need to see some positive action to get me excited again and ready to go to games next season.

I'm sure Petrie and Lindsay will know what's at stake here - I hope that the club monitors these messageboards. People here have the good of the club at heart (pardon the pun) and don't criticise for the sake of it.

Brizo
11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
:agree: As am I, to an extent. Once the season is finished (i.e. all games played) I would like to see early action in the close season to get rid of players and to start bringing in new players. Now I know this is difficult, with the World Cup, other managers, agents, etc away on holiday, but having already renewed my season ticket for next season, I would hate for us to get to the middle of August with nothing much changed - no players brought in, out of contract players on short term deals, etc. The Board have to show leadership and show it soon!

I haven't been to ER since the Kilmarnock game, will not be back this season (partly because I'm away on holiday for the Yams game) so need to see some positive action to get me excited again and ready to go to games next season.

I'm sure Petrie and Lindsay will know what's at stake here - I hope that the club monitors these messageboards. People here have the good of the club at heart (pardon the pun) and don't criticise for the sake of it.

FWIW I dont think Yogi identifying and bringing in new players is the problem. He has brought in some duds but also managed to attract some really talented individuals. Problem is im less and less convinced that he can organise those individuals into a team. Or set them out tactically to get the best out of what on paper is imo a decent squad. Tactics wise it isnt quite 11 halftime , 21 the winner but often it doesnt seem much more advanced than that.

Didnt witness yesterdays capitulation and have up to now been willing to give him another season. But hammerimgs from saintees and Hamilton plus the RC debacle are making it more and more difficult for me to see any positives in keeping him on.

Vince White
11-04-2010, 12:13 PM

I don't agree McLeish and Mowbray had better squads. McLeish had to build his while Mowbray had to get more out of the players already there while supplementing them with a handful of decent signings. The current squad, to which Yogi has contributed eight players so far, should not be playing as poorly as they are. A better manager, IMHO, could get more out of them.

archiebald
11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Easy call go now YOU DONT HAVE A CLUE.:grr:

Owain_1987
11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
How can you be die hard, but not attend games since Dingwall???:confused:

It's not down to how we been playing it was that I was away over Easter am going to the last 5 games for my sins.

Ed De Gramo
11-04-2010, 01:56 PM

Says it all for me

Toaods
11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=BoltonHibee;2424103]He tells The Hibs support what they want to hear, they hang on every word. "He's one of us"./QUOTE]

another 5 humpty performances and he probably will be...:greengrin

RickyS
11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Spot on. All this guff about Yogi needing time to bring in his own players is wearing thin. He's brought in eight already and we're getting worse by the week. It has become an embarrassment and I wish the season was over rather than having to endure another five doses of probable humiliation.

I said to my mate yesterday, I honestly don't know if I can sit in that South Stand so close to the vermin, and watch us unable to pass the ball 10 yards and being rolled over without a care in the world. We have obviously watched some ******* in the last decade but I have never had the thought of NOT going to a game enter my mind. maybe its the sharing of the stand, I don't know. But the thought of being sat yards away while the pink ladies celebrate makes me feel sick

weonlywon6-2
11-04-2010, 04:01 PM

no they didint.they are just better managers.

:greengrin

Houchy
11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Now I don't have my coaching badges and I've never managed a football club obviously, but I know a few things about managing people out the door at work when you can't sack them so, people are saying, "give him (Yogi) time to bring in his own players" and "give him another transfer window as he can only p1ss with the cock he has" but seriously, how hard can it be to say to the players, "get your fingers oot your hoops right now or you'll be sold in the summer" and if they don't want to leave, sit them on the bench with extra training until they get fed up with it and either say they're not training any more (and then sack them), or that they want to leave. That'll get rid of the lighweight, lazy non triers and leave the ones that want to play to get on with it and form the basis of a good team next year.

I think everyone has their ideas of who needs to go but I also think i'm right in saying that we could all overlook a few defeats if there was some fight about the team rather than rolling over and having our bellies tickled. Maybe we should get that yellow striped away strip that Newcastle have/had as we certainly have a yellow streak throuought the team!!!

That is the most gauling part about it. You could pick 11 players from the stands on a Saturday that will fight to the death for the team.

That's all we Freakin ask!!!

Mikeystewart
11-04-2010, 09:40 PM
why has this thread not been deleted?

Diclonius
11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
why has this thread not been deleted?

Because people are allowed to have opinions?