PDA

View Full Version : New Feature "Singing Section" In The New East

Mikey
10-04-2010, 09:26 AM
There hasn't been much chat about this since the club confirmed on Wednesday that they're willing to do this for us.

For those who missed it, they propose an area of around 1000 seats at the back of the stand, towards the south end. There will also be an area around those seats that are PATG seats so walk ups can go to that area too.

Will it work? It's up to the fans to make it a success!

Thigh ar la
10-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I think that this is will make a huge difference to the atmosphere.. So thats a yes from me it will work!:thumbsup::top marks

johnrebus
10-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Good idea, but I don't see it catching on

I think the club would be better hiring a Welsh male voice choir to sing the Hibs songs for every home match because this idea will die a lingering and un-noticed death.

Only my opinion though.

:duck:

K.Marx
10-04-2010, 10:04 AM
I think if the club properly advertise this on the website, ticket office etc then it will be a success :agree:

Lmc2105
10-04-2010, 10:06 AM
I think that this is will make a huge difference to the atmosphere.. So thats a yes from me it will work!:thumbsup::top marks

I agree with you mate i know about 30 or 40 people most people on my bus that want to do this
we are just taking things season ticket numbers and stuff and trying to group together ... and hope this idea does come to plan so we can be there cheering on the boys as loud as we can next season :thumbsup:
Ps will i bring my Recorder to jazz it up a bit :wink:??

woody47
10-04-2010, 10:14 AM
I am well up for this. along with my son and a mate.
Only thing I am unsure about is when I renew, do I renew my old east terrace seat (as it says on the application form) or wait until we find out where the singing section is going to be. If I renew now, will we then be able to move seats?
Also we need to get more songs so any budding song writers out there need to get their thinking caps on. Or we can just steal other clubs' songs and change the words :devil:

Lmc2105
10-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Only thing I am unsure about is when I renew, do I renew my old east terrace seat (as it says on the application form) or wait until we find out where the singing section is going to be. If I renew now, will we then be able to move seats?
Also we need to get more songs so any budding song writers out there need to get their thinking caps on. Or we can just steal other clubs' songs and change the words :devil:

Gordon when did you start singing:wink:

woody47
10-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Gordon when did you start singing:wink:

Every week mate. Even my son gets embarrased with me at times :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
10-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Every week mate. Even my son gets embarrased with me at times :thumbsup:

:faf:
Could never guess why :devil:
if you are in the same section by all means the 3 of uz come into our crowd couple of pints in the hibs club to since you now have your card :thumbsup::devil:

Gatecrasher
10-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I am near the section but my dad didn't fancy being in it so make plenty of noise and we'll join in!

RoYO!
10-04-2010, 11:57 AM

I would head along to the ticket office- they were really helpful when I renewed. I reckon they'll have earmarked the section in question. Though the seating plan is subject to change.

Besides you can change your seat at any time

Mikey
11-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Are the guys who were pushing this so hard a month or so ago still around? As per last Wednesday's listening group, the club seems to have agreed to setting aside a big block of seats for those who want their own singing section. It's not going to happen itself though.

YOU need to get your mates organised so you all get seats in that area.

YOU need to commit to buying the seats.

YOU need to turn up at the games and make a noise.

DON'T leave it to someone else :wink:

Keith_M
11-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Mikey, you're right, it is up to the fans to do this. I think the problem at the moment that most seem to be in a deep depression about Hibs in general, hence the lack of response.

For instance, I have a ST next to my Dad and Sister but, after both having STs for the last 3 seasons, they're not sure they even want to renew. I'm not entirely sure myself. I'm thinking about waiting to see if there's a clearout of the dead-wood in the summer first.

KinchHibee
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Was it mentioned at the listening group if this idea has a chance of being applied to other stand Mikey? Would help improve the atmosphere around the whole ground and you never know some of us prawn sandwich lot might just be lacking encouragement :greengrin

Mikey
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Just the east. Are you going there? Might stop you nicking my seat :greengrin

Jonnyboy
11-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Are the guys who were pushing this so hard a month or so ago still around? As per last Wednesday's listening group, the club seems to have agreed to setting aside a big block of seats for those who want their own singing section. It's not going to happen itself though.

:agree:

Nae use bleating on here and then doing SFA about getting it organised amongst yourselves

Antifa Hibs
11-04-2010, 09:13 PM
It's in the clubs hands surely.

They have announced nothing and said heehaw about any singing sections. Unless you read Hibs.Net and read the threads on the listening groups, you wouldn't know anything about any proposed singing section.

Hibs need to announced something pronto.

K.Marx
11-04-2010, 09:41 PM
It's in the clubs hands surely.

They have announced nothing and said heehaw about any singing sections. Unless you read Hibs.Net and read the threads on the listening groups, you wouldn't know anything about any proposed singing section.

Hibs need to announced something pronto.

:agree: its all good and well saying the fans need to do more to push this but surely its now up to the club to make fans aware of it and give it their official backing

RIP
12-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Don't we have an official supporters association at Hibs?

Surely they should be at the forefront of EVERY dialogue between the Fans and the club - no?

Joe Baker II
12-04-2010, 08:25 AM
This sound sensible though, I thought there had been something on club website about 2 weeks ago (but I cannot find a link so it cannot be that prominent) about this btw but could be wrong. Plus whatever club say about allocating every pay at gate fan a specific seat I think a lot of pay at gate fans may gravitate toward such an area.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Glad they are trying to do something about this, they need to properly advertise these sort of things for once though, even make an announcement in the two remaining home games about it.

Keith_M
12-04-2010, 09:24 AM
As said previously, the only place most have heard about this "Singing Section" is on here (or the Bounce).

A couple of question for those who were at the meeting:

1) What are the exact details about this? e.g. Which section is it and how do you go about applying to be in that section?

2) When are the club going to announce the details to the fans?

I expect they will announce this in time, but the OP seems to be suggesting we should all just know.

:dunno:

Mikey
12-04-2010, 09:58 AM
This sound sensible though, I thought there had been something on club website about 2 weeks ago (but I cannot find a link so it cannot be that prominent) about this btw but could be wrong. Plus whatever club say about allocating every pay at gate fan a specific seat I think a lot of pay at gate fans may gravitate toward such an area.

I don't think they've announced anything officially yet.

One thing that may dilute it is the current east standers who are determined to get back to the exact same spot they had in the old stand.

MacBean
12-04-2010, 10:03 AM

I'm still around however my Health has taken a turn for the worst and after recent surgery i am unable to commit to anything. (cant even get out the house to go to games never mind anything else)

I would love to continue to take it on board but i quite simply can't. So someone else can take over from me if they wish i can give them the email details that all the people who registered details are logged.

MacBean
12-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm still around however my Health has taken a turn for the worst and after recent surgery i am unable to commit to anything. (cant even get out the house to go to games never mind anything else)

I would love to continue to take it on board but i quite simply can't. So someone else can take over from me if they wish i can give them the email details that all the people who registered details are logged.

oh, of which there are 175 people registered, and 94 members on the facebook group, and 63 on the petition site - i know most of them will be the same people throughout the different groups

www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm (http://www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm)

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34527.html (http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/34527.html)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=352477186668&ref=ts (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=352477186668&ref=ts)

steviecarnie
12-04-2010, 10:54 AM
What i'd quite like to see next season is more banners, was at OT for the chelsea game, and was right in the middle of their singing section at the back of the stretford end. The whole place is covered in banners and think it makes the place look a lot smarter.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/866/sdc10145.th.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/sdc10145.jpg/)

Antifa Hibs
12-04-2010, 11:01 AM
What i'd quite like to see next season is more banners, was at OT for the chelsea game, and was right in the middle of their singing section at the back of the stretford end. The whole place is covered in banners and think it makes the place look a lot smarter.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/866/sdc10145.th.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/i/sdc10145.jpg/)

I suggested that on another thread. Hibs should stick 'hooks' up the back wall and right down the side so supporters can hang flags their. Give the new stand some much needed colour and character.

What Man U allow is for fans to put their flags up at the start of the season, keep them there through-out the season and collect them after the last game.

Hibs should defo look into this :agree:

Lmc2105
12-04-2010, 11:27 AM

if you can't carry on mate i will be more than happy to help you :thumbsup:

MSK
12-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I suggested that on another thread. Hibs should stick 'hooks' up the back wall and right down the side so supporters can hang flags their. Give the new stand some much needed colour and character.

What Man U allow is for fans to put their flags up at the start of the season, keep them there through-out the season and collect them after the last game.

Hibs should defo look into this :agree:Have you e-mailed the club to see if they would consider this ..?

Lmc2105
12-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Looking at this a little bit closer i was always interested in going along and sitting in the singing section but if i could help HFC_1875 or even look over the great workk he has done then i am willing to take it on.

Would be great to see more Flags and a more colourful Easter Road if possible Few of my members have already signaled there interest to sit in the singing section as am sure are gramo and his followers from saturday:wink:
all credit to you guys/Girl btw for Saturday and on the bus even thoughi wanted to Strangle every single 1 of you as my head was acheing!!!:grr::cool2:

Hopefully this idea appeals to a lot but i would love to be involved :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I too would love to be involved in this.

heretoday
12-04-2010, 06:58 PM
How about a moanin' and greetin' section? I imagine it would be quite large.

seanraff07
12-04-2010, 07:08 PM

The amount of people that would be up for going in that section would be a bigger number than the attendances we are getting at the moment.

Hibby Bairn
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Already exists. Called the West Stand. :cool2:

Antifa Hibs
12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Have you e-mailed the club to see if they would consider this ..?

I havn't no, the last time I emailed the club they never bothered to reply...

Who'd be the best person to get in touch with it?

RIP
12-04-2010, 10:29 PM
I havn't no, the last time I emailed the club they never bothered to reply...

Who'd be the best person to get in touch with it?

Mate you have a pm

Keith_M
13-04-2010, 10:16 AM

The amount of people that would be up for going in that section would be a bigger number than the attendances we are getting at the moment.

Already exists. Called the West Stand.

Dunno, the FF must run it quite close for that award. :wink:

Honestly, I sometimes think a lot of folk use ER as their weekly therapy session, where they take out life's frustrations on the players.

When I were a lad (loooong time ago), I went to ER to watch the fitba' and enjoy a sing song. Even though I'm now in the autumn of my life, that's still what I go for. Unfortunately, that's not the view of most people I've sat beside in either the FF or West.

Maybe I'm just being naive and it's me that should grow up and be a miserable old ********* as well? :dunno:

--------
13-04-2010, 10:23 AM
There hasn't been much chat about this since the club confirmed on Wednesday that they're willing to do this for us.

For those who missed it, they propose an area of around 1000 seats at the back of the stand, towards the south end. There will also be an area around those seats that are PATG seats so walk ups can go to that area too.

Will it work? It's up to the fans to make it a success!

Don't want to be a wet blanket, Mikey, but just how much do we have to sing about right now?

It could work, provided the police and stewards use a wee bit more discretion there about folks standing up? And I never thought I'd post this, but do we need a Big Drum a la Pompey to get people going?

I have to say that at times the noise level at ER is considerably lower than some funerals I've attended....

I do think the idea of a dedicated area of the stadium for walk-ups is a very good idea. It's a lot more relaxed if you can turn up, pay at the gate, and then wander in and find a seat without having to make sure you're not in someone else's place. I'd have thought the whole East Stand could have been like that, apart from seats definitely sold to ST-holders, that is.

RIP
13-04-2010, 11:01 AM
When I were a lad (loooong time ago), I went to ER to watch the fitba' and enjoy a sing song.

Even though I'm now in the autumn of my life, that's still what I go for. Unfortunately, that's not the view of most people I've sat beside in either the FF or West. :dunno:

Jings Autumn eh? Must be over 60 I presume?

I'm thinking of starting a happy radges singing section in the New East. You have to be over 50 and either fat, bald or ugly. You have to be able to sing auld sings like "His name is Alan Gordon" and "Said Bertie Mee to Bob Shankly" and both sides of the Turnbull's tornadoes single :greengrin

Would you consider swapping stands?

Peevemor
13-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Jings Autumn eh? Must be over 60 I presume?

I'm thinking of starting a happy radges singing section in the New East. You have to be over 50 and either fat, bald or ugly. You have to be able to sing auld sings like "His name is Alan Gordon" and "Said Bertie Mee to Bob Shankly" and both sides of the Turnbull's tornadoes single :greengrin

Would you consider swapping stands?

Reminds me of the official stomping brigade in the old (original) North stand.

Ah, the smell of cigar smoke and damp sheepskin.... :greengrin

Peevemor
13-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Don't want to be a wet blanket, Mikey, but just how much do we have to sing about right now?

It could work, provided the police and stewards use a wee bit more discretion there about folks standing up? And I never thought I'd post this, but do we need a Big Drum a la Pompey to get people going?

I have to say that at times the noise level at ER is considerably lower than some funerals I've attended....

I do think the idea of a dedicated area of the stadium for walk-ups is a very good idea. It's a lot more relaxed if you can turn up, pay at the gate, and then wander in and find a seat without having to make sure you're not in someone else's place. I'd have thought the whole East Stand could have been like that, apart from seats definitely sold to ST-holders, that is.

I think the club are obliged to sell you a specific place - if you pay at the gate you still get a ticket with a seat number.

RIP
13-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Long hair and beards in them days? :greengrin

--------
13-04-2010, 11:22 AM

I think the club are obliged to sell you a specific place - if you pay at the gate you still get a ticket with a seat number.

North end of the old main stand, IIRC - the whole stand used to shake once they got going.

"Gerrintaethum - ba-boom, ba-boom...." :devil:

As you say, the roar of the sheepskin coats and the smell of the crowd....

So - do we need someone or something to start things like that off again? A singing section, fine - do we go for a Big Drum too? (Nae point in stamping on concrete - hardly makes a whisper.)

Keith_M
13-04-2010, 11:24 AM

Maybe they should get rid of the concrete steps in the West and replace them with wooden floorboards? That way the stomping could get re-instated.

I remember sometimes from the Terracing never being sure if the North Standites were stomping or if a plane was flying low overhead.

:wink:

FAO 49YearsAHibbe: OK, maybe I exaggerated the Autumn part in my desire to differentiate maself from the spring chickens in the east stand. I think I'd feel a bit embarassed jumping up and down with a load of spotty teenagers.......

Peevemor
13-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe they should get rid of the concrete steps in the West and replace them with wooden floorboards? That way the stomping could get re-instated.

I remember sometimes from the Terracing never being sure if the North Standites were stomping or if a plane was flying low overhead.

Especially when we won a corner shooting down the slope. :greengrin

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 09:17 AM

Agreed, hope club will make an effort to make this facility available now there will be probably higher proportion of pay at gate fans - Killmarnock I think did something similar although with crowds they get there may not be huge issue.

--------
14-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Agreed, hope club will make an effort to make this facility available now there will be probably higher proportion of pay at gate fans - Killmarnock I think did something similar although with crowds they get there may not be huge issue.

We'll have a capacity over 21,000 and no prospect of filling that capacity except in very exceptional circumstances - at least for the foreseeable future.

It can be intensely irritating to go to a game, find that your ticket is for a specific seat in an otherwise almost empty stand, and have some petty Hitler with a peaked cap and a dayglo waistcoat insisting you sit in THAT SEAT and NO OTHER - OR ELSE! And the seat's in the second row from the front, you're looking directly into the setting sun, and there are 4,500 empty seats higher up the stand from which you could see the game much better.

Which happened to me at Inverness. :grr:

In a lot of official minds, football fans aren't paying customers. We're still potentially murderous hooligans - all of us.

Keith_M
14-04-2010, 10:15 AM
In a lot of official minds, football fans aren't paying customers. We're still potentially murderous hooligans - all of us.

Well, at least YOU admit to it.

Joe Baker II
14-04-2010, 11:19 AM
We'll have a capacity over 21,000 and no prospect of filling that capacity except in very exceptional circumstances - at least for the foreseeable future.

It can be intensely irritating to go to a game, find that your ticket is for a specific seat in an otherwise almost empty stand, and have some petty Hitler with a peaked cap and a dayglo waistcoat insisting you sit in THAT SEAT and NO OTHER - OR ELSE! And the seat's in the second row from the front, you're looking directly into the setting sun, and there are 4,500 empty seats higher up the stand from which you could see the game much better.

Which happened to me at Inverness. :grr: In a lot of official minds, football fans aren't paying customers. We're still potentially murderous hooligans - all of us.

Could not have put it better, sadly recent experiences of stewarding at ER have demonstrated that Hibs Board are no better in their attitude toward fans than authorities you refer to.

--------
14-04-2010, 04:42 PM
TBF, I think that the clubs are largely circumscribed by the police regulations. And a lot of police officers have only one thing in mind - how to make it so they have a really easy shift, regardless of the spectators' comfort or convenience. There are times when getting a PC to shift his fat backside and actually do something sensible seems almost impossible.

Taking your laddie to the match - little change out of £100 for the two of you, the team's playing rubbish, the club don't give a toss as long as there are enough bums on seats to balance the books, and the plods treat you like Hannibal Lecktor.

I ask you.... :grr:

Antifa Hibs
16-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Mikey whats the hampden with this then m8?

Listening groups were about a fortnight ago and we havn't since heard a peep about any singing sections from the club?

Do you know if its a goer or what?

With ST on sale you'd think the club would want to announce something ASAP, no doubt there will be people hanging back buying their ST until they see what is happening.....

Thomson1875
16-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Mikey whats the hampden with this then m8?

Listening groups were about a fortnight ago and we havn't since heard a peep about any singing sections from the club?

Do you know if its a goer or what?

With ST on sale you'd think the club would want to announce something ASAP, no doubt there will be people hanging back buying their ST until they see what is happening.....

yep im one of them, so whats going on with this then? il be re-newing at the end of the season so be good to know the story.

wheres everyone thinking of going about? Im looking at near the back of section 43. If something doesnt happen that is.

RIP
25-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Are the guys who were pushing this so hard a month or so ago still around? As per last Wednesday's listening group, the club seems to have agreed to setting aside a big block of seats for those who want their own singing section.

I'm currently helping Paul with some of the behind the scenes stuff. The database is still building of fans interested in a seat (ST or walkup) in the singing section. 156 contacts representing nearly 90 ST's, the rest walkups. Did you subscribe? If not and you can't sign the petition please send me a PM

http://www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=352477186668

We reckon we need about a dozen volunteers to get things up and running.
4 'admin support' behind the scenes guys, compiling databases, running a net presence, writing comms, organising forums

4 'creatives' researching of other clubs (Scotland, England, Abroad), coming up with ideas for noise and colour . A good one for those who can't get to many games?

2 'contacts' - who will liase with the HSA, branches/buses

Also a group of chanters - people who come up with songs and lead the singing home and away fans

Timetable
Club announcement (soon)
May - form hardcore of volunteers
End May - Public meeting - venue - probably Hibs Club tbc
June - Meeting with Club Management

The club will provide the facility. We will use the summer break to take the idea forward from a fans perspective

Now we need HSA branch reps to come forward

Glory! Glory!

Mikey
25-04-2010, 04:42 PM
The club will announce this sometime this week. Probably sooner rather than later.

If you've already renewed and want to sit in that area you'll need to contact the ticket office to move your seat.

Keith_M
25-04-2010, 05:21 PM
The club will announce this sometime this week. Probably sooner rather than later.

If you've already renewed and want to sit in that area you'll need to contact the ticket office to move your seat.

The best thing to do is just renew your current seat and I believe there's a period in May when you can then relocate (as told to me by guy in TO when I renewed on Friday).

It would be great if this was a real goer and got off the ground.

:thumbsup:

yekimevol
25-04-2010, 06:06 PM
people need to be told about it :grr: i never knew about the allocated seats untill now and a gd few people ive talked to dont know about it !!! i must be advertised !!! on the main website, the evening news and scotsman for it to be a success :grr: if they want a better atmosphere at er the club must give us a hand we have came up with the idea but they must give us a hand :agree::agree:

TamHibs
25-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I got my season ticket today and the club have allocated a quarter of block 43, half of block 44 and 3 quarters of block 45 to the singing section. Bought 2 seats in block 44. Hope to see you all there :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mikey
25-04-2010, 06:33 PM
people need to be told about it :grr: i never knew about the allocated seats untill now and a gd few people ive talked to dont know about it !!! i must be advertised !!! on the main website, the evening news and scotsman for it to be a success :grr: if they want a better atmosphere at er the club must give us a hand we have came up with the idea but they must give us a hand :agree::agree:

It hasn't been officially announced yet.

No need for the :grr: just yet :wink:

Ghaax
25-04-2010, 06:50 PM
but it's out there

booked ma seat at the front of the singing section earlier today

just ask the ticket office - they huv the plan wi aw the seats detailed

Keith_M
25-04-2010, 07:10 PM
but it's out there

booked ma seat at the front of the singing section earlier today

just ask the ticket office - they huv the plan wi aw the seats detailed

Do they actually have a plan of the new stand? When I was in on Friday, there was only the old plan on the wall with the West, FF, South and the old East.

woody47
25-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I got my season ticket today and the club have allocated a quarter of block 43, half of block 44 and 3 quarters of block 45 to the singing section. Bought 2 seats in block 44. Hope to see you all there :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got mine, son's and mates today in that area. They have allocated the second and third top sections for the 'singing section'.:partyhibb:partyhibb The first section will be for walk-ins just like the west.

Lmc2105
25-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm currently helping Paul with some of the behind the scenes stuff. The database is still building of fans interested in a seat (ST or walkup) in the singing section. 156 contacts representing nearly 90 ST's, the rest walkups. Did you subscribe? If not and you can't sign the petition please send me a PM

http://www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm (http://www.ssml.co.uk/form.htm)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=352477186668 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=352477186668)

We reckon we need about a dozen volunteers to get things up and running.
4 'admin support' behind the scenes guys, compiling databases, running a net presence, writing comms, organising forums

4 'creatives' researching of other clubs (Scotland, England, Abroad), coming up with ideas for noise and colour . A good one for those who can't get to many games?

2 'contacts' - who will liase with the HSA, branches/buses

Also a group of chanters - people who come up with songs and lead the singing home and away fans

Timetable
Club announcement (soon)
May - form hardcore of volunteers
End May - Public meeting - venue - probably Hibs Club tbc
June - Meeting with Club Management

The club will provide the facility. We will use the summer break to take the idea forward from a fans perspective

Now we need HSA branch reps to come forward

Glory! Glory!

you have a pm back sir :agree:

Also i would be delighted to help out anyway possible :thumbsup:

the bit in bold would be fantastic as i run the Edinburgh & Livingston Supporters Club and are also Affiliated with HSA :greengrin

RIP
26-04-2010, 06:38 AM
you have a pm back sir :agree:

Also i would be delighted to help out anyway possible :thumbsup:

the bit in bold would be fantastic as i run the Edinburgh & Livingston Supporters Club and are also Affiliated with HSA :greengrin

That's it Lee.

Rather than create another supporters organisation - let's work with the one we've had for the last 50 years :thumbsup:

MacBean
27-04-2010, 11:48 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100427/east-stand-singing-section_2262950_2036399 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100427/east-stand-singing-section_2262950_2036399)

I have to say im delighted that this has come to a reality!
A massive, massive thank you to :applause::top marks49yearsahibee:top marks:applause: for taking this off my hands. As your aware ive not been to well lately and unable to commit to anything, but I'm starting to make a slow recovery and should get back to helping you out behind the scenes!!

top drawer stuff mate!

Peevemor
27-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Well done everyone. :top marks

Keith_M
27-04-2010, 11:56 AM
That's fantastic news. Now we can all play our part by getting our STs in that section.

:top marks

--------
27-04-2010, 11:59 AM
That's fantastic news. Now we can all play our part by getting our STs in that section.

:top marks

Now all we need is a team worth singing about.... :rolleyes:

Keith_M
27-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Now all we need is a team worth singing about.... :rolleyes:

That all depends what you sing.

--------
27-04-2010, 12:24 PM
That all depends what you sing.

Hmm. How very true. :devil:

K.Marx
27-04-2010, 12:30 PM
great news.. also a good opportunity to get creative and get some new songs on the go! :agree:

--------
27-04-2010, 12:43 PM
great news.. also a good opportunity to get creative and get some new songs on the go! :agree:

Even getting a few of the old favorites sung would be nice.

Any noise at all in support of the team would be an improvement on recent games.

MacBean
27-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Even getting a few of the old favorites sung would be nice.

Any noise at all in support of the team would be an improvement on recent games.

The oldies were great vs St J

Think that there will be a "discussion group" or seperate forum for the regulars there to arrange certain aspects like songs etc...

Something that could get incorporated is creating something unique to our support like stamping feet / shouting something at certain points (corners/FK's) etc...

49YAH is organising for "choir masters" to lead the chants - constantly chanting throughout the game.

This is all stuff that will come about in the following weeks im sure!

Phil MaGlass
27-04-2010, 12:55 PM
hopefully the club could give you a little storage area under the East Stand for meetings,storing banners,getting banners painted etc..etc..like they do in The Hague with ADO. Its very well organised and its always colourful. However it does take a wee bit time to organise things and will take up folks free time.

http://www.picsearch.com/info.cgi?q=ADO%20Den%20Haag&id=6OClkK1kdJ10WxnIkxPKLFbMQy8SJzzzMo3TSI1s_H8&start=201

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fansupportdenhaag.nl/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/18368.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fansupportdenhaag.nl/index.php%3Fcategoryid%3D1%26p2_articleid%3D450&usg=__7pTXF8ppz2h-lOdnlodHDSmjfC0=&h=400&w=600&sz=62&hl=nl&start=84&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=o9kXTM6BSwwwGM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dado%2Bvlag%2Bimages%26start%3D80%26um %3D1%26hl%3Dnl%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_NLNL366%26 ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

NO DRUM PLEASE.

RIP
27-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I have to say im delighted that this has come to a reality!
A massive, massive thank you to :applause::top marks49yearsahibee:top marks:applause: for taking this off my hands. As your aware ive not been to well lately and unable to commit to anything, but I'm starting to make a slow recovery and should get back to helping you out behind the scenes!!

Bollox Paul!!

It was the work that you and Mr P did that led to this - absolutely nowt to do wi me. Scott and Fife made the decision before I came on board.

Our challenge now is to make the most of the facility

So Paul and John - take a boo! :notworthy: