PDA

View Full Version : It has just hit home

fatbloke
09-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I have just seen an advert on BBC1 for the Scottish Cup Semi final - Celtic versus Ross County. All of a sudden the reality of recent events kicked in. F****ng Ross County in the semi finals of the Cup while I am sitting at home deciding whether to scratch my arse, pick my nose or take the fluff oot o my belly button. Having just read Yogi declaring this season a success!!!!!!

Yogi son yer havin a laff or yer takin the pi55 or just trying to appease yer bosses.

Either way this season has been no more successful than countless others basically dismal wi' a few bright spots. If this season has been a success God f****ng help us when have an unsuccessful one.

Semi final days always get me down when we are not there. This year absofekkinlootly unforgiveable Hibs.

Rant over now going online to renew my and my familiy's season tickets and hope that nobody reports me to Social Services for cruelty to the bairns!!!!!

Jonnyboy
09-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I have just seen an advert on BBC1 for the Scottish Cup Semi final - Celtic versus Ross County. All of a sudden the reality of recent events kicked in. F****ng Ross County in the semi finals of the Cup while I am sitting at home deciding whether to scratch my arse, pick my nose or take the fluff oot o my belly button. Having just read Yogi declaring this season a success!!!!!!

Yogi son yer havin a laff or yer takin the pi55 or just trying to appease yer bosses.

Either way this season has been no more successful than countless others basically dismal wi' a few bright spots. If this season has been a success God f****ng help us when have an unsuccessful one.

Semi final days always get me down when we are not there. This year absofekkinlootly unforgiveable Hibs.

Rant over now going online to renew my and my familiy's season tickets and hope that nobody reports me to Social Services for cruelty to the bairns!!!!!

If you listen to Yogi's interview with the BBC today you'll see that he's hurting just as much as we are that we're not facing Celtic

Wotherspiniesta
09-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Of course it hurts.

It should hurt every fan that we're not there.

I hope it hurts the players aswell and hopefully they get to see the Ross County players coming out to the Hampden crowd before our game later on. It should act as an inspiration to where they want to be in the game. Playing infront of a bumper crowd against one of the big boys.

But we're Hibernian, not Ross County and we should be living for the moment. The Scottish cup is gone for another season, put it to bed, but use that passion and that anger at not being there to spur us on to 3 points for all the travelling Hibs fans at NDP tomorrow.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hibby 2005
09-04-2010, 10:24 PM
If you listen to Yogi's interview with the BBC today you'll see that he's hurting just as much as we are that we're not facing Celtic

Is that hurting with embarrassment?

fatbloke
09-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Of course it hurts.

I hope it hurts the players aswell and hopefully they get to see the Ross County players coming out to the Hampden crowd before our game later on. It should act as an inspiration to where they want to be in the game. Playing infront of a bumper crowd against one of the big boys.

But we're Hibernian, not Ross County and we should be living for the moment. The Scottish cup is gone for another season, put it to bed, but use that passion and that anger at not being there to spur us on to 3 points for all the travelling Hibs fans at NDP tomorrow.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:agree:

Jonnyboy
09-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Is that hurting with embarrassment?

Dunno, you tell me

noseyhibby
09-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Of course it hurts.

The Scottish cup is gone for another season, put it to bed, but use that passion and that anger at not being there to spur us on to 3 points for all the travelling Hibs fans at NDP tomorrow.

Oh to be 22 again and believe that that elusive Scottish cup win is just around the corner. 52 years and counting for me. My dad was 72 years (RIP) a hibby and he thought the same at 22 too! Sobering stuff!

hibee_nation
09-04-2010, 10:46 PM

How long have you been a Hibbie, been loads of seasons worse than this, dry yer eyes man. Well done on renewing though, success is just round the corner, surely. :notworthy:

Fantic
09-04-2010, 10:56 PM

mate you need to get a life.

gilliecabbage
09-04-2010, 11:00 PM
is goin to hampden.mon the raith!

hibee_nation
09-04-2010, 11:04 PM
is goin to hampden.mon the raith!

If Raith go through it will prob mean only top 4 in league get in Europe, i aint all that confident so come on the arabs. :agree:

monktonharp
09-04-2010, 11:08 PM
I look on the bright side of missing Hampden this weekend,it saves me all the pain with my sair back and sciatica,of having to walk miles from our bus parked in Polmaddie. but,........our day will surely come.:cool2:

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2010, 11:21 PM
If you are a Hibby the best part of any game at Hampden is usually the trip up and the pub beforehand.

So the fact that it will be a 12:30 KO has lessened the pain a wee bit, in as much as there wouldnt have been mutch time for a drink and a sing song prior to the match.

I dare say there must be a pile of Ross County fans who have supported them for years who have had one of their biggest days ever ruined by the prats at the SFA who agreed to this K.O. time.

Even if the T.V. has got football by the nads, couldnt they have reached some compromise ?

It took me about 6 hours to get to Dingwall by car from the Borders so the County fans will have to leave about 5:30 in the bloody morning.

Its mental !!!

:grr:

Pete
09-04-2010, 11:25 PM
I look on the bright side of missing Hampden this weekend,it saves me all the pain with my sair back and sciatica,of having to walk miles from our bus parked in Polmaddie. but,........our day will surely come.:cool2:

Our day will come...but I'm not fussed anymore.

This whole Scottish cup thing has been heaped on us by the media and the ****bos ever since they won a trophy.

We've been to hampden maybe a lot more times than we deserve but it's other peoples time right now. Let Raith and Ross County soak up the atmosphere of the home of football.

It's hard to win a trophy in the modern era with the OF dominating and rather than thinking about trophies we haven't got I'm proud of what we've achieved.

How many other teams have achieved what hibs did for their fans when we won the league cup?

I just hope Celtic don't win it. Cups mean so much to "normal" teams.

monktonharp
09-04-2010, 11:29 PM

This whole Scottish cup thing has been heaped on us by the media and the ****bos ever since they won a trophy.

We've been to hampden maybe a lot more times than we deserve but it's other peoples time right now. Let Raith and Ross County soak up the atmosphere of the home of football.

It's hard to win a trophy in the modern era with the OF dominating and rather than thinking about trophies we haven't got I'm proud of what we've achieved.

How many other teams have achieved what hibs did for their fans when we won the league cup?

I just hope Celtic don't win it. Cups mean so much to "normal" teams.with you mate,with you

Hibby 2005
10-04-2010, 12:07 AM

I just hope Celtic don't win it. Cups mean so much to "normal" teams.

I admire the brave face you're putting on things but the reality is we had a fantastic (Mixu) chance of winning the Scottish Cup this season, a Cup that we havent won for over a Century. A virtual bye into the SF's and we BLEW it! Rangers were knocked out and Celtic were there for the taking. It'll be years before we get the same kind of luck.

Pete
10-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I admire the brave face you're putting on things but the reality is we had a fantastic (Mixu) chance of winning the Scottish Cup this season, a Cup that we havent won for over a Century. A virtual bye into the SF's and we BLEW it! Rangers were knocked out and Celtic were there for the taking. It'll be years before we get the same kind of luck.

To be honest I couldn't care less about the scottish cup.

Who cared about the Scottish cup before they won it in 1998? Nobody did!

It's become a tool which the ****bos have recently started to use to get one over on us and the media have latched onto their insecure ramblings.

100 plus years sounds great in any context...hence all the stories.

If we win the SC we win it but I doubt any day will beat the league cup final celebrations.

A hibs trophy is a hibs trophy...let the outsiders draw their own conclusions.

Hibby 2005
10-04-2010, 12:31 AM

It's become a tool which the ****bos have recently started to use to get one over on us and the media have latched onto their insecure ramblings.

If we win the SC we win it but I doubt any day will beat the league cup final celebrations.

I was there for the League Cup celebrations and it was unbelievable but that will pale into insignificance compared to the sheer euphoria that will descend on the Hibs support (assuming you get a ticket) that manages to witness the first Scottish Cup triumph since the last Century! C'MON!

hibee_nation
10-04-2010, 12:34 AM

Thats bollox, to win it we would need to beat the tic and the arabs probably, nought easy about either game. Since 72 we have only beat Dunfie and Killie in Finals, its not us that needs luck we need a wee team to get lucky to get to the final to play against, just like the yam bams got with Gretna.

Hibby 2005
10-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Thats bollox, to win it we would need to beat the tic and the arabs probably, nought easy about either game. Since 72 we have only beat Dunfie and Killie in Finals, its not us that needs luck we need a wee team to get lucky to get to the final to play against, just like the yam bams got with Gretna.

The Yams had to beat a big team to get to the Final. After that it's a lottery.

Broken Gnome
10-04-2010, 06:29 AM

A hibs trophy is a hibs trophy...let the outsiders draw their own conclusions. I could've sworn people still rue our bad luck and bad decisions in the twice replayed final against Rangers. I'd also wager that everyone who was at the Celtic semi-final in 95 wasn't pretending it was just another game. Its the biggest and most lucrative tournament in this country that Hibs have a chance of winning, by all means play it down if you like, but people who do are kidding themselves to some extent. Looking back, the Ross County game, in addition to losing THREE semi finals to the worst team in the SPL at the time in little over a decade, hurts more than any derby loss or even relegation.

hibsbollah
10-04-2010, 06:41 AM

It doesnt 'hurt' me:confused: Its just the way it is.

Toaods
10-04-2010, 07:00 AM
No doubt about it, this cup is a friggin jinx. Cant understand why the club dont do something to boost us increasingly dismayed fans for a change and just withdraw from next seasons tournie. That would release the tension + give us 5 or 6 weekends to go to the lake district or the zoo. Sent from Beachy Head at jumpers drop using my Sven Goran Ericsson

H18sry
10-04-2010, 08:07 AM

Who cared about the Scottish cup before they won it in 1998? Nobody did!It's become a tool which the ****bos have recently started to use to get one over on us and the media have latched onto their insecure ramblings.

Well I did, being beaten in finals is no laughing matter from the 6-1 humping by Celtc in 72 to the 3-0 in 2001 and the 3 in between in 79 with the Huns they all hurt, I switched the TV on this morning to be confronted by the BBC sport news special from Bleeding Dingwall, and yes it f***in hurts, more so when you see how pish Celtc are.

So in summary YES I CARE

GG2TH

IWasThere2016
10-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Well I did, being beaten in finals is no laughing matter from the 6-1 humping by Celtc in 72 to the 3-0 in 2001 and the 3 in between in 79 with the Huns they all hurt, I switched the TV on this morning to be confronted by the BBC sport news special from Bleeding Dingwall, and yes it f***in hurts, more so when you see how pish Celtc are.

So in summary YES I CARE

GG2TH

:agree: Same here!

Not sure I follow the point re the Yams beating Gretna - does it matter who you beat???

Are we forgetting they beat Rangers the time before?

Would we have celebrated less if we won it this year because we beat Irvine and Montrose?

Would we heckers like!

We had a great chance this year - because we got good ('lucky'?) draws eg at home vs. teams we should be beating.

However what followed was the usual - not a jinx - but the great Hibs' capitulation! So of course it bl++dy hurts!!!
3 League Cups and 2 First Div. titles - as much as I enjoyed them and won't ever forget them especially 5-1 Killie, and Pars 2-0 - don't come close enough to what a team the size of Hibs should've won IMHO - and that hurts too!

Hibs90
10-04-2010, 08:46 AM

He's right season will be a success, especially if we get into Europe. We were never going to win the cup anyway so anyone who 'believed' we had a chance was was pretty mad. If you asked me at the start of the season if i would take 4th place and and Euro qualification I would have bit your hand off.

H18sry
10-04-2010, 08:55 AM
He's right season will be a success, especially if we get into Europe. We were never going to win the cup anyway so anyone who 'believed' we had a chance was was pretty mad. If you asked me at the start of the season if i would take 4th place and and Euro qualification I would have bit your hand off.

:confused: sorry that has confused me can you please explain how we were never going to win it anyway, in your way of thinking we should just withdraw from all Scottish Cups in future, 3 easy home ties a semi against a poor Celtc side then who knows what happens, but we bottle it against a 1st division side twice, yup a great season that we have had, We have been pish poor since the end of January we have been found out by everybody, even Irvine Meadow gave us a friggin fright, anybody worth there salt can see how to beat us, flood the midfield and we are goosed.

And if Raith or Ross make the final or if we continue this form and finish 6th, will that still have been a good season.

Hibs90
10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
:confused: sorry that has confused me can you please explain how we were never going to win it anyway, in your way of thinking we should just withdraw from all Scottish Cups in future, 3 easy home ties a semi against a poor Celtc side then who knows what happens, but we bottle it against a 1st division side twice, yup a great season that we have had, We have been pish poor since the end of January we have been found out by everybody, even Irvine Meadow gave us a friggin fright, anybody worth there salt can see how to beat us, flood the midfield and we are goosed.

And if Raith or Ross make the final or if we continue this form and finish 6th, will that still have been a good season.

Knowing Hibs though we would have got to the final and then got beaten by Raith. We haven't won the Scottish cup for a long time and won't win the Scottish anytime soon. Agree we have been poor but if someone came to you at the start of the season and asked if you wanted 4th place with europe you wouldn't have accepted it?

NAE NOOKIE
10-04-2010, 09:17 AM

Couldnt agree more. We were handed at least a semi final on a plate and its a bloody disgrace that we never made it. Fair doos to Ross County who played with spirit and not a little skill to put us out, but the fact remains that man for man we should have been too good for them and at no time apart from the start at ER and 10 mins of the 2nd half at Dingwall did we show that.

Its even worse when you look at Celtics performance at ER last Sunday, they are way beatable and I wouldnt be surpised if County do it today.

Having said that Dundee Utd in the final ( should they make it ) would have been a really tough proposition.

Never mind: Next season we will have a new stand and hopefully a new attitude on the park. Oh and a new right back, a new centre half and two new, bigger. midfielders.

Nae offence to Spoony who will come good.

H18sry
10-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Knowing Hibs though we would have got to the final and then got beaten by Raith. We haven't won the Scottish cup for a long time and won't win the Scottish anytime soon. Agree we have been poor but if someone came to you at the start of the season and asked if you wanted 4th place with europe you wouldn't have accepted it?

With 6 games to go we could finish anywhere between 3rd and 6th but yes if we do finish 4th I will be fairly happy but this is about the Scottish Cup, where a team from a town with the population of a very bad crowd day in the blobby era [circa 5,000] have pumped us out of the cup.

Toaods
10-04-2010, 09:35 AM
this is about the Scottish Cup, where a team from a town with the population of a very bad crowd day in the blobby era [circa 5,000] have pumped us out of the cup.

..."we'll just have to keep working hard on the training ground and as long as we're putting the effort in." :blah:

:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
10-04-2010, 10:24 AM
It doesnt 'hurt' me:confused: Its just the way it is.

So you don't care that we got knocked out the cup? :confused:

I suppose you just shrugged it off after we got knocked out in stoppage time eh?

Christ.

Judas Iscariot
10-04-2010, 11:47 AM

Not thinking bout going to Hamilton no?!

basehibby
10-04-2010, 12:04 PM
So you don't care that we got knocked out the cup? :confused:

I suppose you just shrugged it off after we got knocked out in stoppage time eh?

Christ.

Hibsbolah is just showing his age I think - after so many decades following the Hibees you get numbed to the disappointment - not so much so that you don't feel it, just that you get round to realising that it's not worth having your whole world implode because of it.

I'm sure he cares just as much as you do but (like me) has learned to take a philosophical view in order to save his sanity.

basehibby
10-04-2010, 12:11 PM
If you are a Hibby the best part of any game at Hampden is usually the trip up and the pub beforehand.

So the fact that it will be a 12:30 KO has lessened the pain a wee bit, in as much as there wouldnt have been mutch time for a drink and a sing song prior to the match.

I dare say there must be a pile of Ross County fans who have supported them for years who have had one of their biggest days ever ruined by the prats at the SFA who agreed to this K.O. time.

Even if the T.V. has got football by the nads, couldnt they have reached some compromise ?

It took me about 6 hours to get to Dingwall by car from the Borders so the County fans will have to leave about 5:30 in the bloody morning.

Its mental !!!

:grr:

:top marksit's an utter debacle having the KO at that time for the SC semis - heads should be on the block for this as, regardless of the money involved, it's devaluing the competition and guaranteeing a smaller crowd for two fixtures which will already be struggling to half fill the venue.

--------
10-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Some of us appear to be missing the point that "****ing Ross County" are a well-run club with a more than decent team who may well be in the running for promotion next season if not this.

We react with indignation when the OF fans or the Jambos run US down - we have no right to write of teams like County as somehow less deserving of success. But more respect, and a bit less arrogance is due, IMO.

If this season has been as bad as some are making out, it's as well they weren't around when Georgie Best was playing for us in "the good old days" - the culmination of almost a decade of decline under Turnbull and the precursor of a decade of disappointment heaped on disappointment under Auld, Stanton, and Blackley.

As Jonnyboy says, it's perfectly clear to me that Yogi's as sore as anyone in that interview.

Anybody else remember the 'Just William' books, and the spoiled wee lassie Violet Elizabeth? Any time she didn't get what she wanted when she wanted it, she would "scweam and scweam until she wath thick".

Didn't do her any good, though....

basehibby
10-04-2010, 12:17 PM
No doubt about it, this cup is a friggin jinx. Cant understand why the club dont do something to boost us increasingly dismayed fans for a change and just withdraw from next seasons tournie. That would release the tension + give us 5 or 6 weekends to go to the lake district or the zoo. Sent from Beachy Head at jumpers drop using my Sven Goran Ericsson

I think Hibs seemingly never ending failure to progress in the SC is directly linked to the tendency to slump towards the end of the season - something which has been there as long as I can remember.
I thought for a fleeting moment in late Jan that this year might be an exception, only for Feb to arrive and the arse fall out of our good form. The truth is though that there's a few components need adding to this team before they can take on all comers with any confidence.

Phil D. Rolls
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh to be 22 again and believe that that elusive Scottish cup win is just around the corner. 52 years and counting for me. My dad was 72 years (RIP) a hibby and he thought the same at 22 too! Sobering stuff!

I remember in 1979 I couldn't go to the second replay, as I had an exam the next day. I consoled myself with the fact that it wouldn't be long before we won the cup again.

We've been in the SC final once since then. Dunfermline and the Arabs have been in more than us. What is really galling is the number of semi finals we've been in the last 10 years. Games that were winnable, games in which we were favourites to go through. Games in which we were in the lead and contrived to throw it away.

It's never going to happen, I know that now.

--------
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I remember in 1979 I couldn't go to the second replay, as I had an exam the next day. I consoled myself with the fact that it wouldn't be long before we won the cup again.

We've been in the SC final once since then. Dunfermline and the Arabs have been in more than us. What is really galling is the number of semi finals we've been in the last 10 years. Games that were winnable, games in which we were favourites to go through. Games in which we were in the lead and contrived to throw it away.

It's never going to happen, I know that now.

I was stuck in Edinburgh with a meeting for my work. Got back just as extra-time was starting.

Didn't care about the result? Aye, that'll be right.

There's a difference between not caring and not allowing my emotional balance and entire world-view overturned by a football result.

If the worst that happens to me in life is that I never get to see Hibs lift the Scottish Cup, I'll be doing pretty well considering what else happens in the world. :rolleyes:

Mikeystewart
10-04-2010, 01:10 PM
hurts a bit more now

vahibbie
10-04-2010, 03:05 PM

We don't have it yet:bitchy:

Seems like a lot of people are happy to feed on the dregs. We should have been feasting on the main course.:grr:

hibsbollah
10-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Hibsbolah is just showing his age I think - after so many decades following the Hibees you get numbed to the disappointment - not so much so that you don't feel it, just that you get round to realising that it's not worth having your whole world implode because of it.

I'm sure he cares just as much as you do but (like me) has learned to take a philosophical view in order to save his sanity.

Thats it in one:top marks I shout and swear and behave like an aggressive infant in the stadium, but once I walk out the gates Ive learnt not to let it effect my life. I was actually laughing at how bad we were driving home after the Arabs game last week. I probably fail the Uberfan test but helps to get through life without emotional scars :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Given the dire state of the Scottish game at the moment, this season gave us one of the best chances of ever winning the Cup . Given the easiest draw we could have got and now having to accept that the winner will come from United, Raith or Ross County makes the dissappointment 100 times worse.