PDA

View Full Version : Which teams will qualify for Europe?

Hibbyradge
09-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Ok, we know the Uglies will get into the Champions League and Dundee United have nailed third place, but who will occupy the remaining 2 Europa Cup qualification places.

If Hearts win tomorrow and Motherwell lose to Celtic, there will only be 4 points between those 2 side. Motherwell will probably visit Tynecastle after the break and could lose so only 1 point would separate them.

Will our poor form continue so we could lose out.

Will Rath Rovers or Ross County upset the odds?

Thoughts?

ekhibee
09-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Ok, we know the Uglies will get into the Champions League and Dundee United have nailed third place, but who will occupy the remaining 2 Europa Cup qualification places.

If Hearts win tomorrow and Motherwell lose to Celtic, there will only be 4 points between those 2 side. Motherwell will probably visit Tynecastle after the break and could lose so only 1 point would separate them.

Thoughts?
In that case I would say Rangers,Celtic, DU and another.

hibs0666
09-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Yup, I have absolutely no faith in our bunch of ******rs led by a manager that is happy to concede the midfield week-in, week-out.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2010, 10:02 PM
If there is a way to not qualify , no matter how difficult, we will manage it.

down-the-slope
09-04-2010, 10:06 PM

:agree:

:boo hoo:

18sand75
10-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Sorry to be negative but what's the difference? Whoever gets the elustrious European places will play 2 games (1 home and 1 away) and crash out in embarrassing style (including the uglies) Scottish football has become the equivilant to Michael Edwards in the 1988 Winter Olympics. A ski jumper afraid of heights. We need radical reformation from the roots up, and I'm not talking pitches!

iwasthere1972
10-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Thoughts?

A hard call but if by some miracle we can get a win today at NDP we will be 5 points ahead of Motherwell who play their final match pre-split against Celtic away on Tuesday and I can see Celtic winning narrowly. A 5 point lead over Motherwell going into the final 5 fixtures would give us a realistic chance of holding on to 4th spot. By all accounts we will probably have to go to Motherwell for the third time this season after the split so 4th spot could hinge on whoever comes out on top of that particular match.

Despite what Yogi thinks I can't see us catching Dundee United even if they lost all their remaining fixtures. So based on what I have said the final placings will be exactly as they stand at present with the exception that the Yams could swap places with St Johnstone. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tangoman and his Killie outfit do the damage at Gorgie tomorrow and hand the advantage over to St Johnstone.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Sorry to be negative but what's the difference?The difference is that even if it is only 1 tie these trips make up for watching so much pish over the years as I am sure anyone who was at Dnipro for example would agree with.

Hibbyradge
10-04-2010, 07:37 AM

There are 5 places available.

hibiedude
10-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Forget Rath Rovers and Ross County they have no chance

Rangers
Celtic
Dundee Utd
Motherwell
Hibs

and in the order

Hibstrooper
10-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Forget Rath Rovers and Ross County they have no chance

Rangers
Celtic
Dundee Utd
Motherwell
Hibs

and in the order

:agree: except us and Motherwell the other way round

PeeJay
10-04-2010, 07:52 AM
If we put in a good shift at Hamilton today - and take 3 points we could still push for 3rd - it's still there to play for surely? Ever the optimist :cool2:

PaulSmith
10-04-2010, 07:57 AM
The big thing is how the fixtures pan out, ideally you want to have Rangers at home well after they have won the league and for the Hearts V Motherwell game to be played quite early on as this will give them both something to play for.

It's within our own hands.

Away win today, followed by a point at Fir Park and 3 points at home v Hearts/Rangers will see us get 4th....almost as easy as saying we've got Ross County at home though :grr:

Long suffering
10-04-2010, 08:25 AM
dont include hearts in that. We are 9 ahead of them with 6 games left, if, by the end of today it was 6 points, there would still be little to no chance, they are not going to amass more than 6 points max post split and i doubt we will lose all of our games.

HibbyAndy
10-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Huns
Tic
Utd
Hibs
M.well

In that order.

Providing its a Celtc Utd SC final ofcourse.

Speedy
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Ross County beating Celtic and us finishing 5th would do it :boo hoo:

--------
10-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Forget Raith Rovers and Ross County they have no chance

Rangers
Celtic
Dundee Utd
Motherwell
Hibs

and in the order

You were saying?

If Hibs want Europe, they need to play for it as if they wanted it.

IMO if United win the Cup, we'll be OK.

If County win it, we'll be in trouble.