PDA

View Full Version : Bowling season begins Sat

Pages : [1] 2

fiolex1
09-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Has been a long close season, cannae wait to get on the green to give it plenty grass, Oh and to get oot ma face!

MSK
09-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Has been a long close season, cannae wait to get on the green to give it plenty grass, Oh and to get oot ma face!Was just thinking the same thing ..:greengrin

Got the new hibs stickers on my bowls, shirt, tie, jersey & breeks ready for the morn ...

Mon the Jewel ..:thumbsup:

MB62
10-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Damn, I've got to wait for another week. :grr: :boo hoo: :boo hoo:

MSK
11-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Cracking day at the opening of the Jewel green, however a pretty poor turnout despite the good weather, i counted 40 & at least half of those were women ..

It was mixed rinks but i got lumbered wi three female geriatrics ..the lead couldnt throw the jack past the marker ..her first effort went 6 feet !!! & her second attempt went onto rink 3 !!!!

Most play with zero sized bowls so asking them to use weight was impossible..my size 5 mediums made their bowls look like marbles..thank fek i didnt use my 5 or 7 heavies !!!!! :greengrin

Anyway ..we lost by 3 shots over 11 ends..

Green superb, competition draws today, ive dumped my 2 bowl pairs partner & im now partnering my Scottish pairs partner in both pairs comps ..makes sense..

fiolex1
11-04-2010, 03:57 PM
We also had a great day at Loanhead private, the weather was superb however the green was extremely heavy, turn out was down on years gone by, with 6 rinks playing triples, the ladies have their opening next week.

MSK
11-04-2010, 04:12 PM
We also had a great day at Loanhead private, the weather was superb however the green was extremely heavy, turn out was down on years gone by, with 6 rinks playing triples, the ladies have their opening next week.Oops 8x6 = 48 ...:greengrin...it must have been the lager ..:greengrin

Our green was very "sandy" a hell of a lot of sand kicking up ...saying that it was playing superb...heavy & spongy at first but pretty well speeded up after a few ends ..

We got our big iron roller out a couple of days ago ..it hasnt been used in at least 20 years, a few guys went to work on it & got it working & a few more went about the task of rolling the green ..must say it has worked wonders ..not a single bump !!!...:thumbsup:

MSK
11-04-2010, 04:16 PM
We also had a great day at Loanhead private, the weather was superb however the green was extremely heavy, turn out was down on years gone by, with 6 rinks playing triples, the ladies have their opening next week.You are down at Jewel 14th May ..we are up at your joint in July ..hope you are about then so we can put names to faces ..:thumbsup:

fiolex1
11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I don'y play in the league, but will be up watching on most Fridays at home so should be there in July, hope to see you then

MSK
11-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I don'y play in the league, but will be up watching on most Fridays at home so should be there in July, hope to see you thenNae bother mate ..:aok:

Fat Stu
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
just damaged ligiments in my thumb so likly to miss the first cople of weeks of the season.

gilliecabbage
13-04-2010, 02:26 PM
just damaged ligiments in my thumb so likly to miss the first cople of weeks of the season.
anychance u growin a pair!! hardly need ur thumb to launch a bool

Fat Stu
14-04-2010, 09:38 AM
anychance u growin a pair!! hardly need ur thumb to launch a bool

Unlike yourself I don’t “launch” bools up the green and hope for the best. I guide them towards the jack with precision and grace.

I require my thumb to grip the “bool” correctly and to enable me to achieve excellence, anything other than that would be a waste of my time and I’d end up playing with common plebs like yourself:devil::dummytit:.

Geo_1875
14-04-2010, 09:44 AM
aye right :)

MB62
14-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Unlike yourself I don’t “launch” bools up the green and hope for the best. I guide them towards the jack with precision and grace.
I require my thumb to grip the “bool” correctly and to enable me to achieve excellence, anything other than that would be a waste of my time and I’d end up playing with common plebs like yourself:devil::dummytit:.

And is this with your eyes open Stu? :wink: :greengrin

gilliecabbage
14-04-2010, 11:32 AM

u might actually learn something from me, come back when youve won as much as me:bye:

MSK
14-04-2010, 11:41 AM
u might actually learn something from me, come back when youve won as much as me:bye:Woo...look at you ...:faf:

MSK
14-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Do you play for the private gillie ..?

Fat Stu
14-04-2010, 12:02 PM
u might actually learn something from me, come back when youve won as much as me:bye:

what have you won like, the handicap off your +8 or the "biggest muppet in the club" award :notworthy:

MB62
14-04-2010, 12:10 PM
what have you won like, the handicap off your +8 or the "biggest muppet in the club" award :notworthy:

Well edited mate :wink: :greengrin

Fat Stu
14-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Think you might want to edit this Stu :wink::greengrin

Dunno what you on about? (delete that bloody quote)

gilliecabbage
14-04-2010, 01:41 PM
haha didnt take long for a wee bite:greengrin

gilliecabbage
14-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Do you play for the private gillie ..?
of course!!

MSK
14-04-2010, 02:41 PM
of course!!Nice green ye have up there, gonna have to get up to div 1 to sample it again ...:wink:

gilliecabbage
14-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Nice green ye have up there, gonna have to get up to div 1 to sample it again ...:wink:
had a bad winter and the heads werent lookin the best.greens been opened but the greenkeeper got sacked last week and the new one is lifting the 12 heads and putting new turf down.should be ready for the league next friday so am told.

MSK
14-04-2010, 03:11 PM
had a bad winter and the heads werent lookin the best.greens been opened but the greenkeeper got sacked last week and the new one is lifting the 12 heads and putting new turf down.should be ready for the league next friday so am told.Played up there in the Esk a few times, one o the quality greens on the circuit...a few seasons ago we were playing up there & the rain was pretty heavy, i felt the green was running well but the commitee were ready to pull the "plug" in case there was damage ..we were half way through & im sure we were 2 rinks up & a peel at the time ...:greengrin

Lmc2105
14-04-2010, 03:27 PM
use to play for Gilmerton Miners Junior team and a mind we turned over the Great Gille Private Junior team OoOoOo that day was sweet :greengrin:wink:

MSK
14-04-2010, 03:30 PM
use to play for Gilmerton Miners Junior team and a mind we turned over the Great Gille Private Junior team OoOoOo that day was sweet :greengrin:wink:Had many a good time up at the Miners too ..they are like the Jewel ..swally n bowls .:party:..unlike those perrier water & prawn sandwich clubs ...:greengrin

Lmc2105
14-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Had many a good time up at the Miners too ..they are like the Jewel ..swally n bowls .:party:..unlike those perrier water & prawn sandwich clubs ...:greengrin

Indeed it was a fantastic club really good for Bowling and for a good drink mind you i could not drink as i was only youngish :greengrin but yeah had many successful seasons at the miners all down to my coach Susan Edwards her Commitment to the juniors was fantastic and has made me the bowler i am today :greengrin

btw i hope you don't mean my currant club the grange in that little dig you Fandang:grr: just getting my own back :wink:

MSK
14-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Indeed it was a fantastic club really good for Bowling and for a good drink mind you i could not drink as i was only youngish :greengrin but yeah had many successful seasons at the miners all down to my coach Susan Edwards her Commitment to the juniors was fantastic and has made me the bowler i am today :greengrin

btw i hope you don't mean my currant club the grange in that little dig you Fandang:grr: just getting my own back :wink::tee hee:

gilliecabbage
14-04-2010, 04:16 PM
use to play for Gilmerton Miners Junior team and a mind we turned over the Great Gille Private Junior team OoOoOo that day was sweet :greengrin:wink:

cudnt have.thats never happened :wink: haha

gilliecabbage
14-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Played up there in the Esk a few times, one o the quality greens on the circuit...a few seasons ago we were playing up there & the rain was pretty heavy, i felt the green was running well but the commitee were ready to pull the "plug" in case there was damage ..we were half way through & im sure we were 2 rinks up & a peel at the time ...:greengrin

rink 1 floods quite quickly maybe thats why.jewel hav been quite close to promotion the last few yr i think.division 2 is a hard league to get out of.

Lmc2105
14-04-2010, 04:23 PM
cudnt have.thats never happened :wink: haha

True mate it does not happen often :wink:

MSK
14-04-2010, 04:55 PM
rink 1 floods quite quickly maybe thats why.jewel hav been quite close to promotion the last few yr i think.division 2 is a hard league to get out of.It was rink 1 playing alongside the clubhouse ...:agree:

Yer correct though..league 2 is a mare to get out of, in our first season in we were a point away from second & promotion..unfortunately since then its been downhill all the way & we have only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.

I think the main prob wi the second div is that good teams are coming up from the 3rd & good experienced teams are coming down from the 1st...we are getting blootered both ways !!! :greengrin

We have Buccleuch at home in the first league game then away to our biggest rivals EL-COOP....two massive games followed by the "high fivers" Arniston away ...those guys are funny ..they take it deadly serious wi high fives every time they get a shot in ...they soon calm doon when they get humped !!! :greengrin

Lmc2105
14-04-2010, 04:58 PM
It was rink 1 playing alongside the clubhouse ...:agree:

Yer correct though..league 2 is a mare to get out of, in our first season in we were a point away from second & promotion..unfortunately since then its been downhill all the way & we have only avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.

I think the main prob wi the second div is that good teams are coming up from the 3rd & good experienced teams are coming down from the 1st...we are getting blootered both ways !!! :greengrin

We have Buccleuch at home in the first league game then away to our biggest rivals EL-COOP....two massive games followed by the "high fivers" Arniston away ...those guys are funny ..they take it deadly serious wi high fives every time they get a shot in ...they soon calm doon when they get humped !!! :greengrin

Kevin was telling me this to what exactly is you and kevs team beef with each other in this fixture?

he says he is looking forward to winning as well:stirrer:

MSK
14-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Kevin was telling me this to what exactly is you and kevs team beef with each other in this fixture?

he says he is looking forward to winning as well:stirrer:They are just bad losers Lee, there have been a few personal spats since we were both in the 5th, i wasnt really privvy to it as i didnt play in many of those games...my last game v COOP in Tranent seemed to go fine, i certainly didnt see any hand bags ...mind you though ..they are a bit quiet when they visit the Jewel ..:greengrin

MB62
15-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Had many a good time up at the Miners too ..they are like the Jewel ..swally n bowls .:party:..unlike those perrier water & prawn sandwich clubs ...:greengrin

Damn, better get that perrier water order cancelled for when we give you :hnet: suckers a hammering in June :wink: :greengrin

MSK
15-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Damn, better get that perrier water order cancelled for when we give you :hnet: suckers a hammering in June :wink: :greengrinMike ..just make sure that Tennents lager is nice & chilled mate ..:hnet: victory will taste aw the better for it ...:thumbsup:

James Connolly
15-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Missed Dalkeith's opening day last Saturday, due to 20 of us being away to Gran Canaria for our biennial 'bowling beano'.

The fact that there's NO bowling greens on the island, didn't spoil what was a cracking week!!:thumbsup:

MB62
15-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Mike ..just make sure that Tennents lager is nice & chilled mate ..:hnet: victory will taste aw the better for it ...:thumbsup:

Kenny, is there one or two new faces ? on here recently that might be called in to your team for June 5th? Could we stretch to 3 or maybe even four rinks this time around?

MSK
15-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Kenny, is there one or two new faces ? on here recently that might be called in to your team for June 5th? Could we stretch to 3 or maybe even four rinks this time around?I think its the usual suspects this year Mike, we will see what the state of affairs are a couple of weeks before then we will make a wee push for others if need be ...how many did we have last year ..?...my heid is bubbled ..:greengrin

MB62
15-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I think its the usual suspects this year Mike, we will see what the state of affairs are a couple of weeks before then we will make a wee push for others if need be ...how many did we have last year ..?...my heid is bubbled ..:greengrin

I'm sure it was three triples Kenny, which was the same as the year before I believe.

MSK
15-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm sure it was three triples Kenny, which was the same as the year before I believe.If Lee has the same lads + his Dad then im more than happy with that Mike, ideally another three players would be better for 3 rinks ...if Lee tells me that lot are definates then i could poss bring in another two ..that would leave us requiring just the one other..:agree:

Lmc2105
17-04-2010, 05:25 PM
If Lee has the same lads + his Dad then im more than happy with that Mike, ideally another three players would be better for 3 rinks ...if Lee tells me that lot are definates then i could poss bring in another two ..that would leave us requiring just the one other..:agree:

Sorry for the Delay Kenny all Confirmed:thumbsup:
Plus i have another 2 or 3 would like to play all hibees

MSK
17-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Sorry for the Delay Kenny all Confirmed:thumbsup:
Plus i have another 2 or 3 would like to play all hibees3 ..if they are definates then they are in Lee...3 rinks or 4 trips would be fantastic ..:agree:

Lmc2105
17-04-2010, 06:39 PM
3 ..if they are definates then they are in Lee...3 rinks or 4 trips would be fantastic ..:agree:

I will get them confirmed for def on friday but the ones last year are all Confirmed plus Kev said see You at the EL Coop!!:wink:

Jack
17-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Cheerio wife, see you in September!

MSK
17-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I will get them confirmed for def on friday but the ones last year are all Confirmed plus Kev said see You at the EL Coop!!:wink:Good stuff Lee ...:thumbsup:

Cheerio wife, see you in September!Thats about right Jack ...:greengrin

tanfield
19-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Sorry I've not been around much but been avoiding most things Hibs since we started on this great run of ours!

Anyway now that the bowling season has started I can come out of hiding.

Would be a good idea to list those definites so we are clear whose in. To start with:
Kenny (HH)
Lee (GG) - Confused me a bit with your name change Lee
Me
BarneyBreslin
Fat Stu
Kev (Co-op)
sg7nil
Matty (Co-op)
Lee's Dad

What about the rest of the bowlers on here? It's now a earlier day than usual in June so hopefully we can get others (James Connolly etc)

sg7nil
19-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I should be available again this year.

sambajustice
19-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Sorry I've not been around much but been avoiding most things Hibs since we started on this great run of ours!

Would be a good idea to list those definites so we are clear whose in. To start with:
Kenny (HH)
Me
BarneyBreslin
Fat Stu
Kev (Co-op)

What about the rest of the bowlers on here? It's now a earlier day than usual in June so hopefully we can get others (James Connolly etc)

Re-arrange:

To Slaughter Lambs The

:greengrin

Lmc2105
19-04-2010, 03:36 PM

Kenny (HH)
Me
BarneyBreslin
Fat Stu
Kev (Co-op)

Sorry bud but it had to be done :devil::wink:

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Kenny (HH)
Lee (GG) (my dad aswell) - Confused me a bit with your name change Lee
Me
BarneyBreslin
Fat Stu
Kev (Co-op)
Matty (co-op) aswell Andy:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

maybe got another 3 if needed :thumbsup:

MSK
19-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Andy, ive updated your thread..thats the 9 who played & won :greengrin last year...if Lee can get those 3 confirmed that would be good, the more the merrier..:agree:

Still open for others on here if you fancy it....:thumbsup:

sambajustice
19-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Andy, ive updated your thread..thats the 9 who played & won :greengrin last year...if Lee can get those 3 confirmed that would be good, the more the merrier..:agree:

Still open for others on here if you fancy it....:thumbsup:

Bringing in ringers now are we???

:devil:

MSK
20-04-2010, 06:03 AM

:devil:Hibbies though...:wink:....:greengrin

MB62
20-04-2010, 08:36 AM

:devil:

Aye, I think they are running scared already. If they try and bring in Tattie and Paul Foster there will defo be a stewards enquiry (although it would be great to see the Northern Hibbies stuff them too :wink: :thumbsup:)

GGTTNH

MSK
20-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Aye, I think they are running scared already. If they try and bring in Tattie and Paul Foster there will defo be a stewards enquiry (although it would be great to see the Northern Hibbies stuff them too :wink: :thumbsup:)

GGTTNHNae dange they would get intae the :hnet: team ..simply no good enough !!!! :tsk tsk:......:greengrin

MSK
27-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Jewel lost 6-2 at home to Buccleuch in the Esk league 2nd div on Friday night...(i was reserve but had to call off)....difficult game away to EL-COOP on Friday coming ..its gonna be a rollercoaster season i think ...relegation a possibility as we have only avoided going down by a point in the last two seasons ...:boo hoo:

MB62
27-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Jewel lost 6-2 at home to Buccleuch in the Esk league 2nd div on Friday night...(i was reserve but had to call off)....difficult game away to EL-COOP on Friday coming ..its gonna be a rollercoaster season i think ...relegation a possibility as we have only avoided going down by a point in the last two seasons ...:boo hoo:

League started already Kenny! Our first league match is not until a week tomorrow where we play Maitland at Maitland.

MSK
27-04-2010, 12:55 PM
League started already Kenny! Our first league match is not until a week tomorrow where we play Maitland at Maitland.Aye, into our second game Friday Mike....crap really as you get absolutley no time to prepare ..not just us but others too ...even worse if yer green hasnt opened !!! ...im lucky as ive managed to get onto the green twice ..opening day & yesterday for an hours practice until the damn rain came on !! :grr:....:greengrin

MB62
04-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Resigned from the management committee this year to take on selection committee duties (out of the frying pan eh!).
Had a trial match on Sunday in preparation for the first league match against Maitland tomorrow. Teams go up on Sunday afternoon and by Monday night there's two call offs :grr: :grr: :grr:

Cannae say I'm looking forward to standing freezing my knackers off tomorrow night but that's the 'joy's'? of the bowling season for you.

MSK
04-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Resigned from the management committee this year to take on selection committee duties (out of the frying pan eh!).
Had a trial match on Sunday in preparation for the first league match against Maitland tomorrow. Teams go up on Sunday afternoon and by Monday night there's two call offs :grr: :grr: :grr:

Cannae say I'm looking forward to standing freezing my knackers off tomorrow night but that's the 'joy's'? of the bowling season for you.I kinda like the thought o selection duties ..be like a manager for a bit ...:greengrin..nah as rewarding as it prob can be i can see yer nightmares wi call offs etc Mike ...

Were pretty rooked already, ko cup on Thurs v Buccleuch away ..11 players available...:rolleyes:

Lost 8-0 away to EL-COOP on Friday ...struggling already ...

MSK
04-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Got through to the second round of the two bowl single hands this efty with a comfortable 21-10 win .. :agree:

Lmc2105
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Got through to the second round of the two bowl single hands this efty with a comfortable 21-10 win .. :agree:

Well Done Kenny Good win :thumbsup:

MSK
04-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Well Done Kenny Good win :thumbsup:Cheers Lee..Scottish pairs Friday afternoon..will be a lot tougher ....:worried:

Lmc2105
04-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Cheers Lee..Scottish pairs Friday afternoon..will be a lot tougher ....:worried:
am sure you will do just fine :greengrin

I have 2 ties coming up to
one at Maitland Bowling club and one at stenhouse aswell

Both under 25 :thumbsup:

MSK
04-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Both under 25 :thumbsup:Good luck kid ..:thumbsup:

MB62
05-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Both under 25 :thumbsup:

I'm playing at Maitland tonight so I'll let you know how it's playing :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm playing at Maitland tonight so I'll let you know how it's playing :thumbsup:

that would be great mate :thumbsup:

MB62
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I see oor Snedds is getting a write up in today's EEN, The Pot Hunter Returns :wink: :greengrin

MSK
05-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Mike, do you know a bowler called Kenny Mcshane ..?...he said he knows you & knows Andy (pot hunter:greengrin) Sneddon ...

MB62
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Mike, do you know a bowler called Kenny Mcshane ..?...he said he knows you & knows Andy (pot hunter:greengrin) Sneddon ...

The name certainly rings a bell Kenny but no face.
Which club does he play for?

MSK
05-05-2010, 01:21 PM
The name certainly rings a bell Kenny but no face.
Which club does he play for?Not quite sure Mike, Pilrig rings a bell, he was at a funeral in the Viccy park hotel & i was going to a wedding so things got a bit mixed up due to the alcohol both of us had been consuming ..:party:...he did say he done the "circuits" ...the comps throughout the Lothians where there is dosh to be earned ...:agree:

Ah ..i remember now ..he plays for Tranent..not EL-CO but the other one ..

James Connolly
05-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi all; bowling season now in full swing.

Not been playing in the league so far; still doing selecting duties...won our 1st 2 games!:thumbsup:

Apologies; but I won't manage the game again Northern again this year; it coincides with the Colville out here.

Playing my 1st tie of the season on Tuesday, in the 1st round of the championship...against the boy who beat me in the final last year!!!!

MB62
06-05-2010, 07:21 AM
4 1/2 points each for Northern First XVI v Maitland last night.

FAO Green Giant, Maitland green played ok. Slightly heavy, which is understandable this early in the season, and a bit bumpy, which again is probably understandable, but I must say I have played on a lot worse greens than that at the height of the season.

Good club Maitland, nice surroundings, green ok and nice clubhouse.

Not as good as the Northern of course :wink: :thumbsup:

MSK
06-05-2010, 10:39 AM
4 1/2 points each for Northern First XVI v Maitland last night.

FAO Green Giant, Maitland green played ok. Slightly heavy, which is understandable this early in the season, and a bit bumpy, which again is probably understandable, but I must say I have played on a lot worse greens than that at the height of the season.

Good club Maitland, nice surroundings, green ok and nice clubhouse.

Not as good as the Northern of course :wink: :thumbsup:Jewel is flying at this moment in time ...maybe due to the fact they have been giving it the heavy roller treatment for the first time in about 20 years ...:greengrin

Well done on yer result Mike ..:thumbsup:

Fat Stu
06-05-2010, 12:01 PM
comfortable 9-0 win for seafield last night final score was 85-26 or there abouts.:thumbsup:

MSK
06-05-2010, 12:02 PM
comfortable 9-0 win for seafield last night final score was 85-26 or there abouts.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MSK
07-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Through to the second round of the Scottish pairs after a tight game today ...tit for tat throughout 16 ends & on the last we needed a single to take it to an extra end but we took the single & a measure for two shots ...onwards & upwards ..:thumbsup:

Im really enjoying my bowls at the moment ..my mentor & late Father in law must be looking down on me ...:greengrin

Lmc2105
07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Through to the second round of the Scottish pairs after a tight game today ...tit for tat throughout 16 ends & on the last we needed a single to take it to an extra end but we took the single & a measure for two shots ...onwards & upwards ..:thumbsup:

Im really enjoying my bowls at the moment ..my mentor & late Father in law must be looking down on me ...:greengrin

Great to hear Kenny congrats mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MSK
07-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Great to hear Kenny congrats mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:Cheers Lee ..how did you get on ..?

gilliecabbage
08-05-2010, 11:18 PM
won the first 2 trophies of the season and through to the midlothians biggest tournament in the gilmerton famous grouse invitiation singles.1st team have won 2 games and lost 1 in the league so its been a pretty decent start for me long may it continue:thumbsup:

MSK
09-05-2010, 09:00 AM
won the first 2 trophies of the season and through to the midlothians biggest tournament in the gilmerton famous grouse invitiation singles.1st team have won 2 games and lost 1 in the league so its been a pretty decent start for me long may it continue:thumbsup:Well done :thumbsup:...wished i could say the same about the Jewel ..played 3 lost 3 ...:boo hoo:

Lmc2105
12-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Away to Merchiston tonight MON HTE GRANGE!!:wink:

also my first game in the 1st's so a bit nervous
hardly rolled a bowl all season

under 25-s tomorrow at Stenhouse :thumbsup:

Speedy
12-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Away to Merchiston tonight MON HTE GRANGE!!:wink:

also my first game in the 1st's so a bit nervous
hardly rolled a bowl all season

under 25-s tomorrow at Stenhouse :thumbsup:

Good luck mate, I've heard the boy you are playing is crap :wink:

tanfield
12-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Tanfield won 8 - 1 tonight against Leith. I was pulled in to skip at last minute and managed a peel after John Ramsey got a big break with the last bowl to get a pair:grr:

Still great result and keeps us up there.

Lmc2105
13-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Good luck mate, I've heard the boy you are playing is crap :wink:

it's you eh?

Mon the fellow Hibee
Pint is on the cards :wink:

Speedy
13-05-2010, 01:16 PM
it's you eh?

Mon the fellow Hibee
Pint is on the cards :wink:

It is sure.

Not at stenhouse it isn't :wink:

MB62
13-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Tanfield won 8 - 1 tonight against Leith. I was pulled in to skip at last minute and managed a peel after John Ramsey got a big break with the last bowl to get a pair:grr:

Not a good night for Leith then Andrew as the Northern 2nd XVI won 9-0 AT Leith.

Northern first XVI won 7-2 at home to Willowbrae.

Yours truly was getting hammered 14-4, got it back to lead 15-14 at the last end, was lying the shot with the last bowl of the game to go. I played a blocker? about a yard short of the white right in the draw. The skip, Ian Paterson, played a running bowl which skipped past my 'blocker' and pulled the white back to win 17-15. There was hardly a bowl all night drew to the Jack on this hand and normally any bowl with weight lifts and runs by the head.
However, hands up to Ian, he tried it and played and it was a great bowl to win the game :boo hoo: :boo hoo:

Lmc2105
13-05-2010, 03:58 PM
It is sure.

Not at stenhouse it isn't :wink:

what is there not a pub!

PETRIE!!!!:grr:

Sunny Leith
15-05-2010, 09:38 AM

Glad yous tucked them away, were still 2nd bottom of the league but we have played the 2 best teams in the Edinburgh league and come away with 7 1/2 points, not bad at all.

Enjoyed the game we had a couple of weeks back, I was pretty lucky but thought we had sneaked it in the end!

Just seen you have organised the hibs.net match for the 5th of June, I believe I have tickets for the Musselburgh races that day!

tanfield
15-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Glad yous tucked them away, were still 2nd bottom of the league but we have played the 2 best teams in the Edinburgh league and come away with 7 1/2 points, not bad at all.

Enjoyed the game we had a couple of weeks back, I was pretty lucky but thought we had sneaked it in the end!

Just seen you have organised the hibs.net match for the 5th of June, I believe I have tickets for the Musselburgh races that day!

Aye, quite enjoyed the game and you pulled out quite a few crackers on the night and you probably deserved the luck you got, the way you were playing.:greengrin

Unbelievable that you again can't play in the :hnet: game:boo hoo: We'll get you one of these years:agree:

Sunny Leith
16-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Aye, quite enjoyed the game and you pulled out quite a few crackers on the night and you probably deserved the luck you got, the way you were playing.:greengrin

Unbelievable that you again can't play in the :hnet: game:boo hoo: We'll get you one of these years:agree:

Yup, most of my mates are off to Marbella so wanted something to do, was too scared to come on here due to hibs recent abject displays, resulting in me missing the date......

I'm sure the hibs.net team will do the business again though :hnet:

tanfield
19-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Managed to get through the prelim in the Scottish Fours last night.

Was playing on the bottom green at Willowbrae which was awful. Worst green I've played on for a number of years.

Was comfortable in the end although had six against me playing the second last although managed to fluke 5th shot with a high drive:greengrin

MB62
19-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Managed to get through the prelim in the Scottish Fours last night.

Was playing on the bottom green at Willowbrae which was awful. Worst green I've played on for a number of years.

Was comfortable in the end although had six against me playing the second last although managed to fluke 5th shot with a high drive:greengrin

I lost 21-20 in the Scottish singles at Tanfield last night. Bit disappointed but it wisnae a bad game. Can't really say I was all that happy with my form and thought I struggled most of the night but no complaints.

Lmc2105
19-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Got tanked again by Neil Watson of Parkside (One for the future btw)
21-5 at Mayfield

Have withdrawn from the 1st's at Whitehouse as well as the club is a shambles and they have there wee angels they look to try and help all the time :grr:

had enough last season at whitehouse
Looking at Beechwood & Corstorphine for next year

Speedy
19-05-2010, 02:20 PM
21-5 at Mayfield

Have withdrawn from the 1st's at Whitehouse as well as the club is a shambles and they have there wee angels they look to try and help all the time :grr:

Neil's in my rink on a Sunday and he's a class act. He'll be playing for Scotland in the next 2/3 years I reckon. Pretty sure he's a hibby as well :thumbsup:

Craigyno1
19-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Craigy for 9 points tonight!! :agree:

tanfield
19-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Craigy for 9 points tonight!! :agree:

Almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite glad to leave with 4 points tonight!:greengrin

tanfield
19-05-2010, 10:25 PM
21-5 at Mayfield

What's the score at Whitehouse? Stevie Kirk not happy as well.

Send me a PM Lee

Craigyno1
19-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite glad to leave with 4 points tonight!:greengrin

Just as well I wisnae playing!! :greengrin

Fat Stu
20-05-2010, 12:32 AM
another 9-0 victory for seafield tonight. 2 games 2 9-0 victories.

MB62
20-05-2010, 08:19 AM
another 9-0 victory for seafield tonight. 2 games 2 9-0 victories.

Northern beat early league leaders Niddrie 5-4.

I had an outstanding game, unfortunately it was for Niddrie. Good thing is, that's my horrendous game of the season out of the way and I will be ready for the :hnet: hammering on June 5th :wink: :thumbsup:

MSK
20-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Northern beat early league leaders Niddrie 5-4.

I had an outstanding game, unfortunately it was for Niddrie. Good thing is, that's my horrendous game of the season out of the way and I will be ready for the :hnet: hammering on June 5th :wink: :thumbsup:Mon the Niddrie ...:thumbsup:

tanfield
21-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Good thing is, that's my horrendous game of the season out of the way and I will be ready for the :hnet: hammering on June 5th :wink: :thumbsup:

Comedy gold Mike, comedy gold:greengrin

MB62
24-05-2010, 07:56 AM
21-5 at Mayfield

We play your 'wee angels' in the Top Five at the Northern. I've been instructed to pick our 5 (well me and four others anyway :wink: :greengrin) so our matches secy can get in touch to arrange a date. Can I take it you will not now be one of the 'wee angels' ? :greengrin

tanfield
25-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Managed to get through again in the Scottish Fours against Dean at Portobello. Really close game until we won 3 ends on the bounce to lead by six going into the last end.

gilliecabbage
26-05-2010, 10:08 AM
no ayr for me again this yr.beat 21-19 in jnr singles last week
on a brighter note tho.the gp are through to the last 8 in the inter counties top 10 against upper cowal in dunoon on sunday and sitting joint top in the esk league:thumbsup:

Craigyno1
26-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Managed to get through again in the Scottish Fours against Dean at Portobello. Really close game until we won 3 ends on the bounce to lead by six going into the last end.

Got through in the 4s too - 10 up against Blackhall at Dudley. Playing at Tanfield next week against Seafield or Wardie.

MSK
28-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Deadline for the 2 bowl pairs 1st round last night so hastily arranged tie ...after combatting the monsoon like conditions at the start we went from strength as the green gained speed ...we won 28-7 over 21 ends ...thats 3 out of 3 for me this season ...:thumbsup:

On the rink beside us clear favourites for the 2 bowl title Brian Forbes & Jason Mackay were left reeling after a close battle with underdogs the Duffy Brothers..well done Ian & Jimmy ..fantastic win guys ...:thumbsup:

Sunny Leith
29-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Great result for Goldenacre on Wednesday, a 9-0 beating for pilrig!

Also sneaked through to the semis of the Scottish pairs, hopefully go one step further than last year and win for a change!

bjsc24671
29-05-2010, 10:19 AM
i play for the queensberry bc and we are 4 weeks into our league season:notworthy:

MSK
29-05-2010, 10:41 AM
i play for the queensberry bc and we are 4 weeks into our league season:notworthy:Welcome to the board ...:thumbsup:

MB62
30-05-2010, 03:24 PM
i play for the queensberry bc and we are 4 weeks into our league season:notworthy:

Will see you at the 'Berry in a couple of weeks then when the Northern First XVI visit :thumbsup:

BTW, Why have you not got your name down for Northern Hibbies v :hnet: game this Saturday?

Sunny Leith
30-05-2010, 10:54 PM
How is the green at Northern running Mike?

I'll be making an appearance to the club on Friday night for the district.

MB62
31-05-2010, 08:49 AM
How is the green at Northern running Mike?

I'll be making an appearance to the club on Friday night for the district.

It was heavy, but a few friendly? words to our green consultant has it running better. However, come Friday night, weather permitting, it will be running even faster as no doubt it will be double cut and rolled again for our guests.

I take it you are playing?

tanfield
01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Managed to get through tonight in the scottish fours and will play my mate (Summerside) in the semi next Tuesday. Hard hats on for that game:agree:

Didn't have a great game tonight but Pilrig was heavy!

tanfield
01-06-2010, 09:47 PM
It was heavy, but a few friendly? words to our green consultant has it running better. However, come Friday night, weather permitting, it will be running even faster as no doubt it will be double cut and rolled again for our guests.

Should also be good for the big game on Saturday.:greengrin

Sunny Leith
01-06-2010, 10:50 PM

I've been told it's running rather well, looking forward to playing on it on Friday! I think we play the dean pair, might be roddy Watson, I'm not 100% sure....

Well done Andy, hopefully see you at the acre on the 11th ::pray:

hibby19
02-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I currently work in Carrick Knowe Bowling Club behind the bar, just wondering if any of you are either members or have played there recently and I have unknowingly met some of you :greengrin

Craigyno1
02-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Managed to get through tonight in the scottish fours and will play my mate (Summerside) in the semi next Tuesday. Hard hats on for that game:agree:

Didn't have a great game tonight but Pilrig was heavy!

Got through last night in the Fours at Tanfield against Wardie (6 up). Scrappy game on a tricky rink which was heavy. Play the Pilrig Galacticos now! :greengrin

MSK
02-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I currently work in Carrick Knowe Bowling Club behind the bar, just wondering if any of you are either members or have played there recently and I have unknowingly met some of you :greengrinProb not me mate ...i dont play for the elite clubs like some o those guys ...they are aw bowling clubs ..we (Jewel) are a Miners club wi a green ..:greengrin

sg7nil
02-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Prob not me mate ...i dont play for the elite clubs like some o those guys ...they are aw bowling clubs ..we (Jewel) are a Miners club wi a green ..:greengrin

... and probably not many on here, cos mostly they play for clubs in the Edinburgh Bowling League. Carrick Knowe along with most of the West side of town decided not to enter when it was formed in 1996... Shandongreen plays for Sighthill, maybe you'll have met him?

MB62
02-06-2010, 01:23 PM
I currently work in Carrick Knowe Bowling Club behind the bar, just wondering if any of you are either members or have played there recently and I have unknowingly met some of you :greengrin

Never played there before, but my mates are the McKenna 'twins' :greengrin

MB62
03-06-2010, 07:21 AM
... and probably not many on here, cos mostly they play for clubs in the Edinburgh Bowling League. Carrick Knowe along with most of the West side of town decided not to enter when it was formed in 1996... Shandongreen plays for Sighthill, maybe you'll have met him?

I hear there are discussions on going about the Water of Leith teams maybe joining the EBL. Stumbling block is the WoL clubs not wanting to start in the bottom division and work their through, whilst EBL are determed that's exactly what they will have to do.

I feel a bit of common sense middle ground should be reached.

sg7nil
03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I hear there are discussions on going about the Water of Leith teams maybe joining the EBL. Stumbling block is the WoL clubs not wanting to start in the bottom division and work their through, whilst EBL are determed that's exactly what they will have to do.

I feel a bit of common sense middle ground should be reached.

I heard that there may be a compromise position reached...

Apparently (hearsay only mind!) there are moves afoot to form a committee for the teams currently in divisions 3, 4 and 5.. with a view that the newly expanded league would fit a few WOL clubs (dependant on their finishing position at the end of their season) into div 3, some into 4, some into 5 and whatever was left over would create new divisions 6 and possibly 7?

Bottom line is (despite what I feel about them trying to get in the back door when they knew the rules and didn't join in 1996 when they were asked!), there is no point in having Carrick Knowe playing against Ferranti, Trinity, Coltbridge and Portobello (or Seafield for that matter - before you say it!) as it'd be a mis-match and would demoralise the wee teams while being boring for the misplaced big teams. I definitely don't think they should be allowed to come straight into division 1 and possibly even div 2.

Anyway, that's just a rumour that I heard.. so don't be passing it on to anyone:wink:

MB62
03-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I heard that there may be a compromise position reached...

Apparently (hearsay only mind!) there are moves afoot to form a committee for the teams currently in divisions 3, 4 and 5.. with a view that the newly expanded league would fit a few WOL clubs (dependant on their finishing position at the end of their season) into div 3, some into 4, some into 5 and whatever was left over would create new divisions 6 and possibly 7?

Bottom line is (despite what I feel about them trying to get in the back door when they knew the rules and didn't join in 1996 when they were asked!), there is no point in having Carrick Knowe playing against Ferranti, Trinity, Coltbridge and Portobello (or Seafield for that matter - before you say it!) as it'd be a mis-match and would demoralise the wee teams while being boring for the misplaced big teams. I definitely don't think they should be allowed to come straight into division 1 and possibly even div 2.

Anyway, that's just a rumour that I heard.. so don't be passing it on to anyone:wink:

Never heard any rumours on this Stu, but you can trust me to keep it to myself, or at least between you and me anyway :shhhsh!: :shhhsh!: :greengrin

Totally agree with your opinion this.

Sunny Leith
05-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Never heard any rumours on this Stu, but you can trust me to keep it to myself, or at least between you and me anyway :shhhsh!: :shhhsh!: :greengrin

Totally agree with your opinion this.

Wow Mike - the green last night was absolutely brilliant, easily the best I have played this season (rink 1). Always helps when you win too but a genuine joy to play on.

What I heard regarding the above, top 2 from west would be division 1, 3rd and 4th would be 2nd etc etc........

MB62
06-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Wow Mike - the green last night was absolutely brilliant, easily the best I have played this season (rink 1). Always helps when you win too but a genuine joy to play on.

What I heard regarding the above, top 2 from west would be division 1, 3rd and 4th would be 2nd etc etc........

I was actually standing near the door watching your game and didn't recognise you. You played very well and thoroughly deserved your win, well done.

Pity you couldn't make the :hnet: game next day. :greengrin

MSK
06-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Hot on the heels of the :hnet: win over Northern hibbies i was back at my old stomping ground at the Jewel in a 2 bowls single hand tie at 10.00 this morn...i felt a bit jaded as nightshift & the heat down at Northern took its toll on my already overworked body !!!! :greengrin

The Jewel, as i expected was still flying even after last nights heavy downpour & i struggled to get the pace early doors...a wee bit rain at the 10 end mark gave me a bit of a lift & i went from peels 13 to eventually win 21 - 17 picking up a single with a bowl to spare at 20 - 17....im unbeaten in single hands & pairs with a handicap arranged for the morn ...nae rest for the wicked as they say ..:thumbsup:

hibby19
07-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Never played there before, but my mates are the McKenna 'twins' :greengrin

Seriously? Ian is my uncle.

I don't really know much of the politics of bowls so forgive me for not being aware of the situation :greengrin My knowledge of bowls in limited except that Tattie Marshal ( I think) is meant to be a pretty good player and when he was playing against the WoL at CKBC a couple of weeks ago a lot of people seemed a bit star struck :greengrin

MSK
07-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Well, hot on the heels of my two bowl single hand win yest i was back in action today in the handicap ..playing against a 4 times Scottish Champion (David Cropley) i was playing from + 4 (3 + 7) ...i needed to build on my 4 shot advantage but in the drizzle i struggled & lost 2 2 4 in the first 3 ends & never really recovered ....i picked up a couple of pairs but was really up against it as the rain came down & Cropley compounded to my misery by piling up the points ...final score D Cropley 21 ..me 12 ....:boo hoo:

Ist defeat of the season for me but plenty more to play for ..im down but not out ...:thumbsup:

MB62
08-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Having held back a bit in Saturday's game against :hnet:, (although we were still good enough to win our game :wink: :greengrin) Myself and Sambajustice were the 'rear end' of the winning club SBA fours rink last night at the Northern. In a very tight game, it took a 'take out' from yours truly to give us a four at the 2nd last end, making us 6 up going into the last.
It was nip & tuck all the way though and for me, Sambajustice was the star man of the evening, winning his first SBA qualifier after only three years of playing the game.

Chuffed to bits, especially for SJ, he deserved it after being beat in the previous two years finals.

tanfield
08-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Having held back a bit in Saturday's game against :hnet:, (although we were still good enough to win our game :wink: :greengrin) Myself and Sambajustice were the 'rear end' of the winning club SBA fours rink last night at the Northern. In a very tight game, it took a 'take out' from yours truly to give us a four at the 2nd last end, making us 6 up going into the last.
It was nip & tuck all the way through and for me, Sambajustice was the star man of the evening, winning his first SBA qualifier after only three years of playing the game.

Chuffed to bits, especially for SJ, he deserved it after being beat in the previous two years finals.

Well done Mike & Mike:thumbsup:

MB62
08-06-2010, 01:36 PM

I don't really know much of the politics of bowls so forgive me for not being aware of the situation :greengrin My knowledge of bowls in limited except that Tattie Marshal ( I think) is meant to be a pretty good player and when he was playing against the WoL at CKBC a couple of weeks ago a lot of people seemed a bit star struck :greengrin

Served my apprenticeship with Ian many moons ago at M&G's and apart from being Jambos, Ian & Allan are top guys. Obviously know Agnes as well.

tanfield
08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Managed to get through to the district finals tonight and will play Pilrig in the final.

Trailed a jack 2 feet for a five in the second end and went on to lead 9-1 before Summerside pulled it back to peels at 9 and 2 ends later, peels at 10. I managed to ditch a bowl on the edge of the ditch for a pair and we managed to get away a bit after that.

Good game although Queensberry understandably was a bit heavy.

Tanfield have the Senior Fours, Triples and Fours through on Friday:thumbsup:

Speedy
08-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Managed to get through to the district finals tonight and will play Pilrig in the final.

Trailed a jack 2 feet for a five in the second end and went on to lead 9-1 before Summerside pulled it back to peels at 9 and 2 ends later, peels at 10. I managed to ditch a bowl on the edge of the ditch for a pair and we managed to get away a bit after that.

Me too. Came back to win 21-20 against Poddy in the District 12 Juniors :thumbsup:

Stick in on friday. Should be a few good games, I might come along depending on any world cup related plans.

MB62
09-06-2010, 07:28 AM

Well done Andrew, stick in on Friday. Goldenacre just round the corner from me so might pop in to see how things are going.

tanfield
09-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Me too. Came back to win 21-20 against Poddy in the District 12 Juniors :thumbsup:

Stick in on friday. Should be a few good games, I might come along depending on any world cup related plans.

Well played Dean, great stuff:thumbsup:

Stick in on Tuesday against Terry

Gismo
09-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Well played Dean, great stuff:thumbsup:

Stick in on Tuesday against Terry

Yea deano well done last night mate great come back dug in well

As Sneds said our game was a bit up and down but we got the result and look forward to playing the galcticos on friday :agree:

Speedy
09-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Yea deano well done last night mate great come back dug in well

As Sneds said our game was a bit up and down but we got the result and look forward to playing the galcticos on friday :agree:

Cheers mate.

I'm guessing this is the hibs.net bowling team's newest recruit? By the way we've missed your presence on the bus on Sundays...your county needs you.

MB62
10-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Northern beat Queensberry 7-2 at the 'Berry last night.
Three games were decided by one shot and in my own game, out of 17 ends, there were 16 single shots scored. We picked up a 3 at the 2nd last end to peel at 9-9 each and won the last for a 10-9 victory :thumbsup:

2nd XVI also won at home 7-2 against Mayfield to go top of their division so it's good time at the moment at the Northern. :thumbsup:

Gismo
10-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Cheers mate.

I'm guessing this is the hibs.net bowling team's newest recruit? By the way we've missed your presence on the bus on Sundays...your county needs you.

Yes it is me mate. Being really busy on a sunday so thats the reason why i have not been there
but will return soon to get the banter started again :agree::faf:

Sunny Leith
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Good luck to all the hibs.netters tonight - hope the green is running well!

Of course you too Deano - You know I'll have won tonight if you get a call at 3am btw :greengrin

tanfield
12-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Managed to get through to Ayr in the fours last night. 3 of the rinks were Hibbies:thumbsup: and 2 from the successful :hnet: team.

Only won by a shot but should have been more comfortable.

Sunny Leith was involved in an incredibly close game next to us in the pairs and was very unlucky to lose out on an extra end after Jeffs (Craigie) ditched the white on the last end. Don't know what more you could have done Nicky.

gilliecabbage
15-06-2010, 01:53 AM
gilmerton won the inter counties top 10.got myself a nice wee green cap n badge for being no.11:greengrin

sitting in 4th place in the league 1pt behind 3 teams.nearing halfway thru the season

Speedy
15-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately I was on the losing side tonight. I was 12-4 up, then went 19-12 down and lost 21-18.

Gutted...good luck to John in the finals(even though he's a Jambo)

Sunny Leith
16-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Managed to get through to Ayr in the fours last night. 3 of the rinks were Hibbies:thumbsup: and 2 from the successful :hnet: team.

Only won by a shot but should have been more comfortable.

Sunny Leith was involved in an incredibly close game next to us in the pairs and was very unlucky to lose out on an extra end after Jeffs (Craigie) ditched the white on the last end. Don't know what more you could have done Nicky.

Well done Andy and Bobby - looks like yous were always that wee bit better throughout the game.

I was pretty devestated at losing on the extra end, especially after I thought I had ditched the chalker perfectly, once again it wasn't to be.

Hard lines Deano mate, Always next year as they say...........

MB62
16-06-2010, 11:47 AM

Talk about coincidences (who'se talking about coincidences?)

Just read in the EEN that Tattie beat Ian 21-4 in the final of district 12.

Well done to Ian for getting that far but Tattie can be a bit of a machine at singles.

Speedy
16-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Talk about coincidences (who'se talking about coincidences?)

Just read in the EEN that Tattie beat Ian 21-4 in the final of district 12.

Well done to Ian for getting that far but Tattie can be a bit of a machine at singles.

It was Rab(Tatties brother) that beat Ian last night. Tattie is playing in East Lothian now.

MB62
16-06-2010, 01:27 PM
It was Rab(Tatties brother) that beat Ian last night. Tattie is playing in East Lothian now.

oops, sorry, How did Ian get beat by that mug? :wink: :greengrin

tanfield
16-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately I was on the losing side tonight. I was 12-4 up, then went 19-12 down and lost 21-18.

Gutted...good luck to John in the finals(even though he's a Jambo)

Hard lines Dean. Not much consolation I know but great performance to get there and so close in the end:agree:

MB62
17-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Northern beat 2nd place Dudley 7-2 to widen the gap at the top of Div 2. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately once again, yours truly was the defeated rink, losing by 3 shots to Davy Dewar, although it was it was Colin Barr jnr who did the real damage. :boo hoo:

tanfield
17-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Tanfield won 7-2 at home to Hillside although the result flattered the hosts!

Two rinks only managed to turn the game round in the last end to get a win and a 5 at the last on the defeated rink helped us gain the bonus point. Hillside front ends were outplaying us all night it seems.

Tanfield remain top at the half way stage although still a very long way to go.:agree:

MSK
17-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Nowt much tae report from the Jewel other than we were hammered 8-0 at home to Inveresk ..one win & one draw from 8 leaving us 2nd bottom & 4 points behind 3rd bottom ...:boo hoo:....i havent played yet this season due to work ..maybe im gonna have tae get back in & show them how its done ..:greengrin

sg7nil
17-06-2010, 12:55 PM
A patched together Seafield squad (with Fat Stu as one of the skips!) managed a 6-3 win away to Whitehouse & Grange last night. Their green was playing really well and it caught the front end of the rink I was in out as it was pretty fast. That puts us ahead of Merchiston who were top, but until we hear the Blackhall score we won't know if we are currently top or not.

That fast green won't prepare us for what's coming next week that's for sure! cos we travel to Tipperlinn where apparently you need a howitzer to project your bowls just past the pin!

Gismo
17-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Hard lines Dean. Not much consolation I know but great performance to get there and so close in the end:agree:

I agree with everything Sneds said mate but you have still got a few years left at this level and i know for sure you will win it if you keep playing the way you are you can only get better where as us old dudes normally go the other way ha ha

MSK
17-06-2010, 04:11 PM
A patched together Seafield squad (with Fat Stu as one of the skips!) managed a 6-3 win away to Whitehouse & Grange last night. Their green was playing really well and it caught the front end of the rink I was in out as it was pretty fast. That puts us ahead of Merchiston who were top, but until we hear the Blackhall score we won't know if we are currently top or not.

That fast green won't prepare us for what's coming next week that's for sure! cos we travel to Tipperlinn where apparently you need a howitzer to project your bowls just past the pin!In the grounds o the Royal Ed ...green actually looks no bad ..apart fi aw the rabbits & their ***** ...dinnae lick yer fingers before ye play a bowl ...:greengrin

MSK
23-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Im bowled oot !!..struggling to fit ties in wi work ...played last night in the Scottish pairs ..after a sluggish start we went on to win 22 - 10...i finished work at 1.00 this afternoon then down to the club for a 2 bowl single hand tie which i lost 21 - 13...i was 5 - 0 down then turned it around to lead 10 - 5...i then hit a bad patch & from peels at 10.. i lost my grip of the game after picking up a paltry further 3 shots but couldnt budge from 13 ...:grr:

Home for an hour & tea then back along the club for a 2 bowl pairs (same partner)..tit for tat early doors but i lost my line completely & had to rely on my lead to keep us in the game with a few savers... our opponents were too strong & we eventually went down 23 - 12

Still all to play for though with last 8 of Scottish pairs ..triples & rinks still ahead ..:agree:

Lmc2105
23-06-2010, 10:36 PM
first time in ages i played tonight for white house 2nd's

beat 9-0 what a comeback :faf:

from Blackhall btw

tanfield
28-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Tanfield through in cup v pilrig. Playing wardie on friday.

MB62
29-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Tanfield through in cup v pilrig. Playing wardie on friday.

Northern also through after 5-1 over the Dean. I was at the Dean and didn't hink it was quite as bad as all the stories I had heard. However, it's not good and I feel sorry for the members there who are obviously embarrassed at the state of it.
I think they have been shafted by their green consultants and they have my sympathies.

Northern now face Blackhall on Friday. IF, we manage to win that one, it looks we will be facing the 'big boys' from Craigentinny.
Need to concentrate on this Friday first though.

MB62
01-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Northern won 7-2 away to Willowbrae last night to help strengthen our promotion push. Another couple of results like that and we could be joining the BIG BOYS next season. (Playing in Div 1 without having to go jumping ships with a bit of glory hunting, unlike some Andy eh! :wink: :greengrin)

Results from Last night Wed 30th

Div 1

Goldenacre 4 v 5 Craigentinny
Leith 4 v 5 Tanfield
Parkside 8 v 1 Pilrig
Wardie 1 v 8 Hillside

Div 2

Corstorphine 7 v 2 Dudley
Willowbrae 2 v 2 Northern
Dean 7 v 2 Queensberry
Maitland 8 v 1 Niddrie

tanfield
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Northern won 7-2 away to Willowbrae last night to help strengthen our promotion push. Another couple of results like that and we could be joining the BIG BOYS next season. (Playing in Div 1 without having to go jumping ships with a bit of glory hunting, unlike some Andy eh! :wink: :greengrin)

Results from Last night Wed 30th

Div 1

Goldenacre 4 v 5 Craigentinny
Leith 4 v 5 Tanfield
Parkside 8 v 1 Pilrig
Wardie 1 v 8 Hillside

Div 2

Corstorphine 7 v 2 Dudley
Willowbrae 2 v 2 Northern
Dean 7 v 2 Queensberry
Maitland 8 v 1 Niddrie

I shall not get myself embroiled into a juvenile debate with you Michael:greengrin................although if you can't beat them , join them:thumbsup:

MB62
02-07-2010, 07:19 AM
I shall not get myself embroiled into a juvenile debate with you Michael:greengrin................although if you can't beat them , join them:thumbsup:

Yer lads are doing very well Andrew, would love the chance to play against Tanfield next season (or maybe even this one again).

We play your old club on Sunday in the Top Five at the Northern, hope to see Lee along too :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
02-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Yer lads are doing very well Andrew, would love the chance to play against Tanfield next season (or maybe even this one again).

We play your old club on Sunday in the Top Five at the Northern, hope to see Lee along too :thumbsup:

I will be there Cheering on the Northern!!! :greengrin:wink:

MB62
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Well bang goes the re-match of last season's final Andrew eh! What happened there?

Northern beat Blackhall 4-2 in the cup last night and now face Craigentinny next Friday.:thumbsup:

Lmc2105
08-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Back to my best bowling a think :wink:
Whitehouse best Portobello 2nd's 7-2 Last night my rink winning 20-16

I did drop a bombshell no them last night that i will be leaving at the end of the season and have agreed to join Blackhall next year :thumbsup:

MSK
08-07-2010, 04:37 PM

I did drop a bombshell no them last night that i will be leaving at the end of the season and have agreed to join Blackhall next year :thumbsup:Pot hunter ...:greengrin

Lmc2105
08-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Pot hunter ...:greengrin

:faf::faf:

was good for my bowling Career:greengrin

MB62
09-07-2010, 07:07 AM

I did drop a bombshell no them last night that i will be leaving at the end of the season and have agreed to join Blackhall next year :thumbsup:

Have signed on the dotted line yet Lee?

The training facilities and playing surface at the Northern are 2nd to none. You might also have the chance to play in the Europa league (well Div one anyway) with the Northern, rather than Div 3 with Blackhall, who knocked out the Edinburgh Cup AGAIN a couple of weeks ago.

Show some ambition man :wink: :thumbsup:

BTW, well doen to your guys on knocking us out the Top Five, mainly thanks to yours truly throwing away my game against Fraser. 9-0 up and lost 21-20 but played like a donkey in blustery conditions. One tip for all you youngsters, heaps of Gin and mixture of beers the night before a big game is not a good combination :boo hoo:

MSK
09-07-2010, 07:49 AM

The training facilities and playing surface at the Northern are 2nd to none. You might also have the chance to play in the Europa league (well Div one anyway) with the Northern, rather than Div 3 with Blackhall, who knocked out the Edinburgh Cup AGAIN a couple of weeks ago.

BTW, well doen to your guys on knocking us out the Top Five, mainly thanks to yours truly throwing away my game against Fraser. 9-0 up and lost 21-20 but played like a donkey in blustery conditions. One tip for all you youngsters, heaps of Gin and mixture of beers the night before a big game is not a good combination :boo hoo:If i lived down that way i would prob play at Northern...however theres no much chance o that so its the Jewel for the time being ..:greengrin

MB62
09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
If i lived down that way i would prob play at Northern...however theres no much chance o that so its the Jewel for the time being ..:greengrin

When does your present contract run out Kenny?
Maybe six months before we could talk about things, there's some good houses down our way.

Playing at Craigentinny tonight in the Edinburgh Cup. Extremely tough game but we will be out to give a good account of ourselves and see what happens. We're big underdogs though.

MSK
09-07-2010, 10:00 AM
When does your present contract run out Kenny?
Maybe six months before we could talk about things, there's some good houses down our way.

Playing at Craigentinny tonight in the Edinburgh Cup. Extremely tough game but we will be out to give a good account of ourselves and see what happens. We're big underdogs though.We have been looking at property throughout Edinburgh Mike, ideally we would like to stay in the East side with Musselburgh being the better option at the moment...if we move to Musselburgh then i would prob remain at the Jewel although Brunstane or Niddrie bowling clubs would be suitable too...i wont be joining any clubs in Musselburgh though ...i would rather give up !!! :greengrin

Lmc2105
09-07-2010, 01:15 PM

BTW, well doen to your guys on knocking us out the Top Five, mainly thanks to yours truly throwing away my game against Fraser. 9-0 up and lost 21-20 but played like a donkey in blustery conditions. One tip for all you youngsters, heaps of Gin and mixture of beers the night before a big game is not a good combination :boo hoo:

Not yet mike just said i would go down and talk with them!

where is the Northern from there is it close?
i don't think you would want me am gash :faf::greengrin

Also i was gutted for you guys pitty you didin't win even though Fraser is a good friend of mine :thumbsup:

I heard it was a close game throughout

Gismo
09-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Not yet mike just said i would go down and talk with them!

where is the Northern from there is it close?
i don't think you would want me am gash :faf::greengrin

Also i was gutted for you guys pitty you didin't win even though Fraser is a good friend of mine :thumbsup:

I heard it was a close game throughout

Lee big man its the wee man if i had the choice between those two clubs i would head to Northern far better green and a good bunch off lads who like a small refreshment or 10:greengrin

Blackhall is also a good club and a good bunch off lads but its up to you i will act as your agent and get the best for my client over to you Mike

tanfield
09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Got to be northern over blackhall surely

Lmc2105
09-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Got to be northern over blackhall surely

wasn't sure that northern were looking though mate

Lmc2105
09-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Lee big man its the wee man if i had the choice between those two clubs i would head to Northern far better green and a good bunch off lads who like a small refreshment or 10:greengrin

Blackhall is also a good club and a good bunch off lads but its up to you i will act as your agent and get the best for my client over to you Mike

The Wee Man is now my Agent find me a club my son :greengrin:thumbsup:

tanfield
09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Every clubs looking lee

MSK
11-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Every clubs looking leeApart fi the Jewel ...unfortunately you have to join the main club before you can join the bowling section ...:agree:

sambajustice
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
The Wee Man is now my Agent find me a club my son :greengrin:thumbsup:

We're needing a bit of a young team in our club too so just fire down the Northern any time! At the moment we have a few youngsters, infact, i'm a youngster too now i think about it. A couple of young guys joined this year, my brother is joining next year so if you were to join too we'd be bringing the average age down a wee bit slowly but surely!! :greengrin

ANyway, you can get the 8, 23 or 27 pretty much to the door of the Northern!

MB62
12-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Every clubs looking lee

wasn't sure that northern were looking though mate

we're looking, we're looking.

Honestly mate, you will be made more than welcome. It might just all be about the location and easy transport from your home to whichever club you choose.
Just think, next season you could be playing for the mighty Northern Hibees against the :hnet: mugs :wink: :thumbsup:

MSK
12-07-2010, 07:36 AM

Honestly mate, you will be made more than welcome. It might just all be about the location and easy transport from your home to whichever club you choose.
Just think, next season you could be playing for the mighty Northern Hibees against the :hnet: mugs :wink: :thumbsup:Oi !!!! Lee is still contracted to the :hnet: team till 2025....:rules:.....however ..if a suitable fee can be agreed then im sure someone will be happy to run him down tae Northern ..:greengrin

tanfield
14-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Played in the puring rain tonight at home and the green held up superbly with a full 17 end game played tonight. Possibly the only completed fixture tonight.

The green next door to us (Ferranti) looked like a swimming pool!

Managed a 7-2 against Wardie to keep us up there:agree:

MB62
15-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Played in the puring rain tonight at home and the green held up superbly with a full 17 end game played tonight. Possibly the only completed fixture tonight.

Delighted to say, the Northern flooded and we only played 4/5 ends before 'diving' for cover.
Despite all the hassle involved trying to arrange another date, due to what appears to be, the inflexability of the rules, I am 'ower ra moon' at not standing out in that rain chucking big lumps of composite through a swimming pool, whilst getting drenched into the bargain.

MB62
15-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Oi !!!! Lee is still contracted to the :hnet: team till 2025....:rules:.....however ..if a suitable fee can be agreed then im sure someone will be happy to run him down tae Northern ..:greengrin

Kenny,

Sent you a couple P.M's

Did you get them?

Lmc2105
15-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Just think, next season you could be playing for the mighty Northern Hibees against the :hnet: mugs :wink: :thumbsup:

The only thing is though is the traveling eh i wouldn't get home till god knows what time at night wish i could drive :boo hoo:

MB62
15-07-2010, 12:07 PM
The only thing is though is the traveling eh i wouldn't get home till god knows what time at night wish i could drive :boo hoo:

Disnae bother Sambajustice, or our past presi who stays in Fife.

Where do you stay about Lee, Timbukseven? :greengrin

Lmc2105
15-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Disnae bother Sambajustice, or our past presi who stays in Fife.

Where do you stay about Lee, Timbukseven? :greengrin

Just Moving to Clerrie:greengrin

but it's still far :boo hoo:

MSK
15-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Kenny,

Sent you a couple P.M's

Did you get them?Ive replied back Mike ...:agree:

Lmc2105
18-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Me and my mate Kevin (el-coop) got to the Semi Finals of white-house invitational pairs trophy,

Got beat my the president Lawrence and cani mind the other guy,

Dougal Mccalum and his partner won the final very deserved.

MSK
18-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Quarter finals of the Scottish pairs at the Jewel on Wed afternoon against my young former Hope pairs partner Derek Forbes & the wily old horse Arthur Swan, should be a good game, me & my partner have come pretty close the past couple o years, quarters/semi's but never yet made the final...fingers crossed ..:thumbsup:

Had to give away another two ties last week due to work/illness...thats the Championship..triples & rink ive had to give away this year..prob gonna pull out of all single hands next year..gutted ...:boo hoo:

tanfield
18-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Big week ahead. On a personal level I've managed to haul myself to the semi's of the championship and play the 2008 club champion. On a team level we are away to Parkside on Wednesday knowing a good result would put us in a great position with 2 games to go.

MB62
19-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Big week ahead. On a personal level I've managed to haul myself to the semi's of the championship and play the 2008 club champion. On a team level we are away to Parkside on Wednesday knowing a good result would put us in a great position with 2 games to go.

Similar for myself Andrew.

Don't feel I have been playing well this season but won the club SBA fours.
In the semi-final of the Championship (where I hope to be playing against Sambajustice if he wins tonight :thumbsup:)
Also scraped through to the semi-final of the club SBA pairs on Friday at an extra end and in the 1/4 finals of the Triples.

As for the Northern. We were rained off on Wednesday and finished it last night against 3rd place Corstorphine. We managed to win 7-2 and are now looking very good for promotion.
Play 2nd placed Dean at the Dean on Wednesday and this game could go a long way in deciding the destination of the title.

MB62
21-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Played in the pouring rain tonight at home and the green held up superbly with a full 17 end game played tonight. Possibly the only completed fixture tonight.

Better get your waterproofs on again tonight Andrew.
I will be thinking of you when the Dean is rained off and I am sitting having a pint in the NBC :wink: :greengrin :thumbsup: :cheers:

tanfield
21-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Don't worry mike. I'm at parkside tonight so I won't be far behind you.

MSK
21-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Well ..played our Scottish pairs quarter final today ...& lost ..

I went to my kip after night shift & awoke at 1.30 to torrential rain ..no way was i heading out the door in torrential rain ..however i got a text asking where i was !!! my partner & my opponents were at the club ...i sauntered along with the expectation of at least hitting deadline day (tomorrow)..nope ..they all agreed to play ...:boo hoo:

The green at the Jewel is well known as one of the best in the Lothians for drainage & sure as hell it held up ...a 2 1/2 hr 17 end game & barely a splash considering the weather...

It was always going to be tight & as the "underdogs" we knew we had to pick up every scrap ..as predicted it was tit for tat ..up until the last end ..from 5 down we went to 4 up ...all we needed was a bowl in the head..the lead drew a pair & my lead was wayward ...then it was us ..my opponent drew another pair & i struggled to draw into the head ..my opponent put in a 5th & i eventually with my last bowl got into the head ..at the very least i though we would go to an extra end ...they won the measure for a 5th & a 17-16 win ..:boo hoo:

I enjoyed every minute though ...:thumbsup:

tanfield
21-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Cannae believe it. F#Łking soaked again!

Sunny Leith
21-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Cannae believe it. F#Łking soaked again!

Did you play? We almost started but decided to play it on Monday instead.

Who are you playing in your semis at the club?

tanfield
21-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah, played full game and parkside was ok although all rinks were off the heads. Didn't do us much good as we went down 8 - 1. All rinks were close but we all lost the last couple of ends. Makes it difficult for us now.

I play graeme munro on friday. Other semi between tosh and wattie is tomorrow night. Tosh beat mally last night.

Sunny Leith
22-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah, played full game and parkside was ok although all rinks were off the heads. Didn't do us much good as we went down 8 - 1. All rinks were close but we all lost the last couple of ends. Makes it difficult for us now.

I play graeme munro on friday. Other semi between tosh and wattie is tomorrow night. Tosh beat mally last night.

Tosh still doing it! Stick in tomorrow, most likely I'll be playing Jimmy Hutch in our semi.

Bad result for yous last night, looks like it will go down right to the wire.

tanfield
22-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Tosh still doing it! Stick in tomorrow, most likely I'll be playing Jimmy Hutch in our semi.

Bad result for yous last night, looks like it will go down right to the wire.

Stick in with your semi. Who is in the other half?

Just one of these games last night. I was 2 down with 2 to play as was Graeme Munro. Mally was only 1 down with 2 to play and Tosh was 2 up playing the last. Can't complain though as Tanfield have won their fair share of close games this season.

Sunny Leith
23-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Stick in with your semi. Who is in the other half?

Just one of these games last night. I was 2 down with 2 to play as was Graeme Munro. Mally was only 1 down with 2 to play and Tosh was 2 up playing the last. Can't complain though as Tanfield have won their fair share of close games this season.

It was a fairly lop sided draw, I think 7 of the 1st 16 back end players were in the top half. In the other half its Laurence Robertson against either Frank Tully or Alan Muir.

Good luck tonight, wouldn't be bad to win it in your first year back!!

tanfield
23-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Managed to get through tonight. Won 21 - 14. Strange game as I was 11 - 4 up and then 14 - 11 down. Four 3's later, game over. Quite fortunate at the end.

Play wattie in the final.

Sunny Leith
24-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Managed to get through tonight. Won 21 - 14. Strange game as I was 11 - 4 up and then 14 - 11 down. Four 3's later, game over. Quite fortunate at the end.

Play wattie in the final.

Well done mate. Final on Friday?

Our semis were scheduled for Wednesday but apparently one of the semi finalists goes on holiday on Tuesday. No idea if he will be getting thrown out as the guy he is playing is respresenting the 16's on Monday and Top Ten on Tuesday. I wouldnt want to miss the opportunity to play in the Tait if I was lucky enough to win our champ sow ill have to see what they decide.

sambajustice
24-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Good stuff andrew!!

You're blatantly pot hunting though so you should try joining a proper club where there are decent bowlers and see how you fare then!! :-D:-D

Well done again!

tanfield
24-07-2010, 05:52 PM

Well done mate. Final on Friday?

Our semis were scheduled for Wednesday but apparently one of the semi finalists goes on holiday on Tuesday. No idea if he will be getting thrown out as the guy he is playing is respresenting the 16's on Monday and Top Ten on Tuesday. I wouldnt want to miss the opportunity to play in the Tait if I was lucky enough to win our champ sow ill have to see what they decide.

It's a bit of a quandry for the club but hopefully they can get it sorted so that the winner has an opportunity to play in the Tait.:agree:

I'm not sure when the Tanfield final will be played. Wattie is on holiday now and is playing at Ayr as well. I know we have contacted Slateford to check the possibility of playing the Tait tie on Thursday 5th Aug (day before 2nd round of Tait). If they agree (and Carrick Knowe can still accommodate) it will mean the final will be played on Monday 2nd Aug.

Of course both the Triples and Fours could return early from Ayr and we may be able to play before:greengrin

All the best in your semi final. Winner must have a great chance of going all the way:wink:

tanfield
24-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Good stuff andrew!!

You're blatantly pot hunting though so you should try joining a proper club where there are decent bowlers and see how you fare then!! :-D:-D

Well done again!

Thanks Mike - how are you doing in your championship? MB alluded to the fact that you could be facing him in the semi.

I have considered joining a real club but I think the competition there would be too much for me. My defeat in June is a case in point:greengrin

Seriously though I love playing at Northern but Tanfield is where the heart is.

sambajustice
24-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks Mike - how are you doing in your championship? MB alluded to the fact that you could be facing him in the semi.

I have considered joining a real club but I think the competition there would be too much for me. My defeat in June is a case in point:greengrin

Seriously though I love playing at Northern but Tanfield is where the heart is.

Yeah, I remember you that a couple of years ago you said if you ever left W&G you'd go there. And so it came to pass...:wink:

I lost in the QF 21-18. I was 16-6 down but got it back to 18-17. A crap end by me made it 20-17 and although I managed to survive one more end I lost the next one after that. Disappointing but cant complain!

Good luck in your final!

Our semi's are monday and the final is Friday! Courageous Hibby v Yam Fud in both semi's so here's hoping the Hibby's can do it!

MB62
27-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Well cuffed in the Championship semi-final last night. PLayed like I have been playing all season, decidely average at best, and got what I deserved.

MSK
27-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Well cuffed in the Championship semi-final last night. PLayed like I have been playing all season, decidely average at best, and got what I deserved.Hard lines mate ..:agree:

C'mon .netters ..get those :cup: won ...my last chance of silverware now lies on winning the Gosman trophy...i got to the semi's last year but had to give the tie away due to my Father in law being critically ill...hope to go one better this year...:agree:

This format is first to 07 played over 3 sets...:agree:

sambajustice
27-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Hard lines mate ..:agree:

C'mon .netters ..get those :cup: won ...my last chance of silverware now lies on winning the Gosman trophy...i got to the semi's last year but had to give the tie away due to my Father in law being critically ill...hope to go one better this year...:agree:

This format is first to 07 played over 3 sets...:agree:

Myself and MB62 won our Championship Fours/Rinks earlier this season so there's some Silverware for the .netters!

Saying that though the two of us aren't just any old .net bowlers, we are Northern .net bowlers and it's well documented that the Northern boys are cut from a different cloth... :greengrin:agree:

MSK
27-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Myself and MB62 won our Championship Fours/Rinks earlier this season so there's some Silverware for the .netters!

Saying that though the two of us aren't just any old .net bowlers, we are Northern .net bowlers and it's well documented that the Northern boys are cut from a different cloth... :greengrin:agree:Oops ..forgot about that ...well done ...:greengrin

Also forgot the .net silverware too ..at the expense of you Northern bowlers ..:thumbsup:

MB62
27-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Oops ..forgot about that ...well done ...:greengrin

Also forgot the .net silverware too ..at the expense of you Northern bowlers ..:thumbsup:

Ach, we had to let you win something this year. :wink: :greengrin

I am also in the semi-final of the club sba pairs and myself, sambajustice and fellow Hibby and Triple winner v :hnet: John, are in the 1/4 finals of the Triples, although we have a very tough tie in that round.

hibbysam
28-07-2010, 10:03 PM
cmon the east lothian boolers :greengrin

im through in the junior singles at ayr, after coming through a very tough district i beat john mcdermott of sighthill 21-6 today at northfield,

also today our pair and single won through to play on friday, we have a very strong four out tomorow so hoping for a lot coming back along the m8 to east lothian come sunday night :top marks

tanfield
28-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Well done HS! Great win for you.

We're on tomorrow morning in the rinks v stonehaven.

hibbysam
28-07-2010, 11:24 PM
good luck :thumbsup:

MSK
29-07-2010, 12:45 AM
good luck :thumbsup:Sam ..get yer name doon for hibs.net v Northern next year ..great day oot, plenty banter to be had ...:thumbsup:

Ps ..if us .netters beat Northern again we get tae keep them !! ...:greengrin

MB62
29-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Sam ..get yer name doon for hibs.net v Northern next year ..great day oot, plenty banter to be had ...:thumbsup:

Ps ..if us .netters beat Northern again we get tae keep them !! ...:greengrin

Oh 5h1t, does this mean we are going to have play our B team next year then, rather than the usual D team? :wink: :greengrin

MSK
29-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh 5h1t, does this mean we are going to have play our B team next year then, rather than the usual D team? :wink: :greengrinMa erse ..:greengrin...perhaps if your team dropped you they may have more chance o winning ..theres a thought...:greengrin

Dinnae propose that though ..were enjoying oor wee run ..:tsk tsk:.....:greengrin

sambajustice
29-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Appears that Mr Sneddon aka "Tanfield" and his boys have got through to the 2nd round through in Ayr! :agree:

We murdered him tae down at the Northern! :greengrin Cant even remember if he picked up a shot in that game!

Here's the results link...

http://www.scottish-bowling.co.uk/more_info.asp?current_id=125

BarneyBreslin
29-07-2010, 05:19 PM
well done captain snedds! Bash on now.

tanfield
29-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Cheers Scott. Got a five the first end and never looked back.

Play huntley the morn. 9.30am.

tanfield
29-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Samba. Even after I let you win the Hibs.net boys still destroyed the Northern. :)

Speedy
29-07-2010, 07:05 PM
cmon the east lothian boolers :greengrin

im through in the junior singles at ayr, after coming through a very tough district i beat john mcdermott of sighthill 21-6 today at northfield,

also today our pair and single won through to play on friday, we have a very strong four out tomorow so hoping for a lot coming back along the m8 to east lothian come sunday night :top marks

Good win mate. John beat me in the final of district 12. Stick in! :thumbsup:

MB62
30-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Northern beat Dean 7-2 at the Dean last night.
This means only third placed Corstorphine can catch us as we are now 26.5 points in front of them and they can only achieve a maximum of 27, this assuming we also lose our last two games 9-0.

So it looks like the mighty Northern, stacked full of Hibbies of course, will be joining the Big Boys in the first division next season, hopefully as Div 2 CHAMPIONS :cup: :thumbsup:

Good Luck today to Andrew and the Tanfield boys at Ayr, look forward to playing against you next year in the leagues.

tanfield
30-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Well done mike and the northern boys. Great performances guys. Looking forward to playing you's next season. God knows what the "banter" will be like then!

The tanfield fours and triples both won this morning. Convincing wins for each.

BarneyBreslin
30-07-2010, 12:53 PM
good son. you playing this avo?

tanfield
30-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Tomorrow lunchtime mate.

Speedy
30-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Well done Andy. Everyone in district 12 is out apart from Rab Marshall.

At least the green side of town is doing alright though. Stick in guys! :thumbsup:

tanfield
30-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks dean. We've got a token jambo in the rink but he's alright

MSK
30-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks dean. We've got a token jambo in the rink but he's alrightBurn the witch !!! ...:greengrin

Aw the best Andy ...."bring it home mate" :thumbsup:

hibbysam
31-07-2010, 06:10 PM
beat in the quarters of u25 singles today:yawn: never made life easy for myself, 9-4 down lying 3 drew a perfect bowl moved the white 3 inches and cut it down to 1, lying 4 three ends later the boy drew a back toucher, all in all the better player won but still 7 years ahead of me :greengrin

Speedy
31-07-2010, 06:41 PM
beat in the quarters of u25 singles today:yawn: never made life easy for myself, 9-4 down lying 3 drew a perfect bowl moved the white 3 inches and cut it down to 1, lying 4 three ends later the boy drew a back toucher, all in all the better player won but still 7 years ahead of me :greengrin

Hard lines mate. Still a few years left though.

I heard the tanfield fours(Andy, wee Bob etc.) lost but tanfield triples got through, as did Gary Muir in the Juniors so still a chance of a Hibby winning something.

hibbysam
31-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Hard lines mate. Still a few years left though.

I heard the tanfield fours(Andy, wee Bob etc.) lost but tanfield triples got through, as did Gary Muir in the Juniors so still a chance of a Hibby winning something.

gary did ye, very good player been impressed this week by him:agree:

tanfield
03-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Just got my head together after getting back from Ayr, especially after the way we chucked our quarter final tie. 6 up with four to play and lost a six. We then got a three and lost a three so peels playing the last and after their third got a wee break to turn Bob's bowl away from the jack I was left with a draw on the dodgy hand and failed! Absolutely gutted (at the time):boo hoo::boo hoo:

Still thoroughly enjoyed the four days there and great that Tanfield won the Scottish Triples title:thumbsup: One thing to say is that the guy who beat Gaz in the final of the junior singles was awesome. He would have beat anyone with that kind of performance.

Managed some consolation though in winning the championship last night, 21-13 against Alex Thompson who was in the winning triple on Sunday.

hibbysam
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Just got my head together after getting back from Ayr, especially after the way we chucked our quarter final tie. 6 up with four to play and lost a six. We then got a three and lost a three so peels playing the last and after their third got a wee break to turn Bob's bowl away from the jack I was left with a draw on the dodgy hand and failed! Absolutely gutted (at the time):boo hoo::boo hoo:

Still thoroughly enjoyed the four days there and great that Tanfield won the Scottish Triples title:thumbsup: One thing to say is that the guy who beat Gaz in the final of the junior singles was awesome. He would have beat anyone with that kind of performance.

Managed some consolation though in winning the championship last night, 21-13 against Alex Thompson who was in the winning triple on Sunday.

well done mate :thumbsup: yeeh was that the huge tall boy with yellow bowls mate?

looked good in the quarters playing on the rink next to me, and gary was playing very well so wouldve taken a great player to beat him :agree:

tanfield
03-08-2010, 09:57 AM
That's the guy.

Speedy
03-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Aye, I heard that from one of the ELBA committee.

Well done winning the champ, it's been a pretty successful return to Tanfield for you. :thumbsup:

tanfield
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Thanks Dean. Yeah, great first season back at Tanfield.

MSK
03-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Comiserations & congratulations Andy ...:thumbsup:

Sunny Leith
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Firstly well done to the Northern boys, hopefully get to play yous next year in the top league!

Well done on your champ win Andy, shows you still have it ;)

Looking forward to playing you guys in the top 10 next week, my pair has won by 15 twice now, chances of making it 45 next week...........

tanfield
03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Firstly well done to the Northern boys, hopefully get to play yous next year in the top league!

Well done on your champ win Andy, shows you still have it ;)

Looking forward to playing you guys in the top 10 next week, my pair has won by 15 twice now, chances of making it 45 next week...........

Thanks Nicky

You should have no trouble reaching 45 as you will be playing me (if they keep the side the same):greengrin Hopefully we will give you a better game than we did against the Corstorphine pair tonight.

tanfield
03-08-2010, 10:58 PM
As SL has mentioned, congratulations to Northern for winning the 2nd Div (with 2 games to play). Great achievement MB & SJ

Sunny Leith
04-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks Nicky

You should have no trouble reaching 45 as you will be playing me (if they keep the side the same):greengrin Hopefully we will give you a better game than we did against the Corstorphine pair tonight.

I can safely say we won't be expecting to win by 15 next Tuesday!!

Stick in tonight, hopefully your able to pick up a 7 for your own good and help us secure safety at the same!

MB62
10-08-2010, 08:46 AM
As SL has mentioned, congratulations to Northern for winning the 2nd Div (with 2 games to play). Great achievement MB & SJ

Thanks lads, it was a great effort from us, especially as we were div 3 last season, and we will all be looking looking forward to playing the 'big boys' next year, whether we have the squad to make any impact is debateable but will give it our best shot no doubt.

Well done Andrew on your Ayr performances but more importantly on your Championship win on your return to Tanfield, that's a big effort there.

In the final of the club pairs after winning comfortably last night.
Just starting to find some form at long last, just as the season draws nearer it's close :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Having won the West of Edinburgh 2nd division last season and getting promoted, we (Currie) go into our final game in the 1st division on Friday night 7 points clear of second placed Sighthill.
3 points out of a possible nine will guarantee us the first division title. And Friday is my birthday so it could be a double celebration. :thumbsup:

MSK
10-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Guys ..how do your clubs deal with organising ties ..

ie ..if im playing in the championship v Burnsie (easy meat:greengrin)..my name is drawn out first ..is it up to the opponent to organise a date...& how many dates do you offer..?

We have a lot of hassle at our club wi the odd one or two waiting until near the last minute before organising ties ..a bit o a pain ..:agree:

I arranged to play someone last night at 6.00pm in our Gosman trophy..cut off date 12 Aug....i turned up & waited till 7.30pm & my opponent failed to show...i put a card in & claimed the tie as i cant make any other date ...thats a real pain imo...:grr:

Speedy
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Guys ..how do your clubs deal with organising ties ..

ie ..if im playing in the championship v Burnsie (easy meat:greengrin)..my name is drawn out first ..is it up to the opponent to organise a date...& how many dates do you offer..?

We have a lot of hassle at our club wi the odd one or two waiting until near the last minute before organising ties ..a bit o a pain ..:agree:

I arranged to play someone last night at 6.00pm in our Gosman trophy..cut off date 12 Aug....i turned up & waited till 7.30pm & my opponent failed to show...i put a card in & claimed the tie as i cant make any other date ...thats a real pain imo...:grr:

At Gorgie it's the first person drawn that is the 'challenger' and it is up to them to arrange the tie or put 3 ties in the book(and I think the dates need to be spread over a week). If they don't then the second person goes through.

FAO Lee(GG) - did you win your tie against Stevie?

Sunny Leith
10-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks Nicky

:not worth to Andy tonight. Outstanding performance tonight against us in the top ten pairs. A great game to play in and don't think I could play any better. Your last bowl was too good in the middle of the game unfortunately for me and gav.

Hope your able to get the kids ready for Sat!

About organising ties, I find that if I don't meet the person I'm playing at the club, I always have to phone and organise - very frustrating!