CalgaryHibs
09-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Barca win 2-1 Messi, Xavi ,

Ronaldo penaltykick for them.

VAMOS BARCA!!!!!

:hnet:

CalgaryHibs
09-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Did anyone else see that Deigo Forlan said he rather have Serio Aguero on his team not Leo Messi !
This guy is drugs --what joke:faf:

Future17
09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Did anyone else see that Deigo Forlan said he rather have Serio Aguero on his team not Leo Messi !
This guy is drugs --what joke:faf:

Speaking of drugs - is this not a little early for a match update thread? You a wee bit excited CH? :greengrin

Obviously Messi is the best player in the world right now, but Aguero has got something special as well. I remember watching him play for Argentina in the U17 World Cup a few years back and he was head and shoulders above anything else on show in that tournament.

bighairyfaeleith
09-04-2010, 03:47 PM
when is this game?

HibeeMcGinn1
09-04-2010, 03:54 PM
when is this game?

tomorrow night on sky sports

bighairyfaeleith
09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
tomorrow night on sky sports

**** I'll be plastered, won't see it:party:

steviecarnie
09-04-2010, 03:56 PM
saturday 8.30

seen on SSN ronaldo and messi to score is 7/2 (skybet) thats worth a wee punt i feel.

Thigh ar la
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Anyone know anywhere in the shore/junction thats showing this game?
I reckon will be a classic..
ps my lady is spanish and a converted hibby but loves the barca too

Future17
09-04-2010, 11:28 PM
saturday 8.30

seen on SSN ronaldo and messi to score is 7/2 (skybet) thats worth a wee punt i feel.

Dunno if that's when the program starts but it's a 2100 BST kick-off.

seanraff07
10-04-2010, 07:29 AM
3-1 Barca, Messi x2 and Ibrahimovic. Higuain for Real.

Dunbar Hibee
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
3-1 Real, Higuian and C.Ron double. C'mon the Real:thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
10-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Boo!

Seanair
10-04-2010, 02:51 PM
World Cup---Messi, Tevez, Higuan, Aguero. What a forward line to look forward to! Have they got a midfield/defence?:greengrin

Sandy
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Boo (again :greengrin) mon the Barca :agree:

goosano
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
This (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/english-football/massacred-last-time-their-barcelona-visited-real-madrid-have-on-one-thing-on-their-minds-1.1019657) is an excellent article about the game and why it has such a huge build up

gilliecabbage
10-04-2010, 08:06 PM
messi 3-1 70/1 :wink:

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
This has been crap so far. :zzzzz!:

I thought I would watch a full Spanish game for a change, to see what all the fuss is about. Going by the first 30 minutes, give me Man Utd v Chelsea any day of the week.

roondheid
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Does anyone else see the standard of refereeing is just so much higher than what we're used to?

down-the-slope
10-04-2010, 08:33 PM

I thought I would watch a full Spanish game for a change, to see what all the fuss is about. Going by the first 30 minutes, give me Man Utd v Chelsea any day of the week.:agree: just about to post the same...bugger all decent chances...lots of 'simulation' and no spark

Sir David Gray
0-1 Messi

MWHIBBIES
So who will be the next real madrid manager

down-the-slope
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM
:agree: just about to post the same...bugger all decent chances...lots of 'simulation' and no spark
:dizzy: Ok poor timing..but tue before that one moment :greengrin

down-the-slope
10-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Does anyone else see the standard of refereeing is just so much higher than what we're used to?

Nope its crap too..they appear to have more authority etc but still getting basic desicions wrong when decent tackles are penalised....and on two occasions yellows shown when clean tackles made

Hainan Hibs
10-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Must be the only person really enjoying the game:greengrin

Great goal by Barca.

Lmc2105
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
was a good goal,

also thought Barca should have had a penalty on Messi

Madrid just can't handle him:thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
10-04-2010, 08:51 PM

I thought I would watch a full Spanish game for a change, to see what all the fuss is about. Going by the first 30 minutes, give me Man Utd v Chelsea any day of the week.

Based on one game. :rolleyes:

TheEastTerrace
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Damn sight better than Villa-Chelsea in the FA Cup earlier, I fell asleep it was that dull. Don't believe the hype.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Based on one game. :rolleyes:

One game which just happens to be the ultimate game in Spanish football. I realise that I'm not going into this debate with an open mind but I just find English games, on the whole, more enjoyable.

It's going to take something special for me to ever change my mind on this subject.

nonshinyfinish
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
One game which just happens to be the ultimate game in Spanish football. I realise that I'm not going into this debate with an open mind but I just find English games, on the whole, more enjoyable.

It's going to take something special for me to ever change my mind on this subject.

Do I really have to explain this? Have you never seen a dull United - Chelsea game? If you had decided to 'watch a full Spanish game' for last year's Clasico where Barca won an astonishing game 6-2, or any one of Messi's recent masterclasses, would you then be saying 'Spanish football is the bollocks, everything else is overrated *****e'?

Judging the relative merits of an entire nation's football league based on one third of one game (overhyped or not) is a touch myopic, no?

MWHIBBIES
10-04-2010, 09:14 PM
2-0 pedro

givescotlandfreedom
10-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Ref bottled sending the Real boy off there.

givescotlandfreedom
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Did Man United touch the ball in the European Cup final last year?

Hibs Class
10-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Ronaldo is pretty much the worst player on the pitch, and certainly the laziest

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Do I really have to explain this? Have you never seen a dull United - Chelsea game? If you had decided to 'watch a full Spanish game' for last year's Clasico where Barca won an astonishing game 6-2, or any one of Messi's recent masterclasses, would you then be saying 'Spanish football is the bollocks, everything else is overrated *****e'?

Judging the relative merits of an entire nation's football league based on one third of one game (overhyped or not) is a touch myopic, no?

Messi's brilliance is not in doubt, he is better than anything that any English team has, or any other team for that matter. He is worth the entry fee alone.

I just believe that English football, as a whole, is better than Spanish football, as a whole.

I have, however, already gone on record in other threads to say that my opinion may be down to the fact that we get so much exposure to English football in this country and we know all about the English teams and their players.

Apart from the Real Madrid and Barcelona players and a few select others from other clubs, I don't think that many people in the UK are too familiar with the players in La Liga. I think familiarity with the players helps with your overall enjoyment of a match.

Sir David Gray
10-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Did Man United touch the ball in the European Cup final last year?

I have said on countless threads, whenever this England vs Spain debate has come up, that Real Madrid and Barcelona are as good as anything in the Premiership. I would never try to say otherwise.

Barcelona are a fantastic side with world class players.

Put it this way, if Manchester Utd vs Chelsea was live at the same time as Barcelona vs Real Madrid, then there is no question as to what game I would rather watch.

nonshinyfinish
10-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Messi's brilliance is not in doubt, he is better than anything that any English team has, or any other team for that matter. He is worth the entry fee alone.

I just believe that English football, as a whole, is better than Spanish football, as a whole.

I have, however, already gone on record in other threads to say that my opinion may be down to the fact that we get so much exposure to English football in this country and we know all about the English teams and their players.

Apart from the Real Madrid and Barcelona players and a few select others from other clubs, I don't think that many people in the UK are too familiar with the players in La Liga. I think familiarity with the players helps with your overall enjoyment of a match.

I'm not arguing about whether the EPL is better than La Liga or vice versa. If I'm honest, I don't think I watch enough of either to give an informed opinion. My sole complaint is your dismissal of Spanish football based on 30 minutes of a match. We may have to agree to disagree on this one.

Hibs90
11-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I have said on countless threads, whenever this England vs Spain debate has come up, that Real Madrid and Barcelona are as good as anything in the Premiership. I would never try to say otherwise.

Barcelona are a fantastic side with world class players.

Both Madrid and Barca are better than everything in the Premiership.