PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists threat to bomb World Cup

Diclonius
09-04-2010, 09:13 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup/2010/04/08/1869649/world-cup-2010-finals-threatened-by-terrorist-faction

:bitchy:

Sylar
09-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Add to that the potential for serious racial violence uprising in South Africa following the murder of Eugene Terreblanche last week, and the World Cup finals are going to contain a HUGE security presence.

Their "desired scenario" which was published in their magazine is appalling.

Carheenlea
09-04-2010, 10:02 AM
The threat of such at major sporting events is always there, and events such as The World Cup and London Olympics will have security in place like never before. Any event that sees 60 odd thousand people congregated in such a small area is always going to be appealing for terrorist attack such is the mass carnage that is possible. Even events like The Open golf require spectators to go through airport style x-ray on entry, so security will be as strict as they require it At the world cup you would imagine

Spudster
09-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Who is they and which magazine?

I remember the Sun showing the threat of terrorist attacks for France 98 and they drew it up Roy Of The Rovers style showing Arabs dressed as stewards throwing petrol bombs into the subs bench, English media :bitchy:

.Sean.
09-04-2010, 11:28 AM
The really sad thing is that none of us are at all surprised about this news.

HFC 0-7
09-04-2010, 11:44 AM
The threat of such at major sporting events is always there, and events such as The World Cup and London Olympics will have security in place like never before. Any event that sees 60 odd thousand people congregated in such a small area is always going to be appealing for terrorist attack such is the mass carnage that is possible. Even events like The Open golf require spectators to go through airport style x-ray on entry, so security will be as strict as they require it At the world cup you would imagine

yeah, but this is a lot worse than normal because of its location and the unrest there at the moment. I dont think South Africa has the same level of security as the likes of the UK etc add to that there are probably a lot more people already in the country that would think about causing mayhem. Look at the African Cup of Nations security wasnt tight enough for the players on the bus that was attacked, or at the cricket when anpther bus was attacked. IMO, countries like South Africa where there are more security risks, shouldnt host events such as this, not only for the risk of a massive attack, but because of the smaller problems like muggings etc for the fans.

Allant1981
09-04-2010, 11:59 AM
yeah, but this is a lot worse than normal because of its location and the unrest there at the moment. I dont think South Africa has the same level of security as the likes of the UK etc add to that there are probably a lot more people already in the country that would think about causing mayhem. Look at the African Cup of Nations security wasnt tight enough for the players on the bus that was attacked, or at the cricket when anpther bus was attacked. IMO, countries like South Africa where there are more security risks, shouldnt host events such as this, not only for the risk of a massive attack, but because of the smaller problems like muggings etc for the fans.

I work with a guy who comes from SA, and he says that when he goes home to visit he hates the travelling from the airport to his house. Says when you stop ast traffic lights its not uncommon for people to come up to the car with a gun and take your money etc off you. Not a place i shall be rushing to visit

Spudster
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
The really sad thing is that none of us are at all surprised about this news.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowback_%28intelligence%29

Chuckie
09-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I remember reading somewhere that South Africa is the most violent, unsafe country in the world... Followed by Brazil where the next World Cup will be....
I hope Gary Lineker will be working at both...

sleeping giant
09-04-2010, 01:01 PM
My mate was quite chuffed with himself when he haggled with a wee boy for the price of a newspaper after he landed in South Africa.

He didnt realise that the paper was 3 weeks out of date until he reached the hotel :faf:

Thats enough to keep me away.
Shocking :greengrin

.Sean.
09-04-2010, 01:03 PM
I remember reading somewhere that South Africa is the most violent, unsafe country in the world... Followed by Brazil where the next World Cup will be....
Here's hoping he takes Alan Hunson and Ian ''Shaun Wright-Phillips is the greatast player in the world. Fact.'' Wright with him

Jack
09-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I work with a guy who comes from SA, and he says that when he goes home to visit he hates the travelling from the airport to his house. Says when you stop ast traffic lights its not uncommon for people to come up to the car with a gun and take your money etc off you. Not a place i shall be rushing to visit

Has your workmate not got one of these?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm)

I'm at work so cant access youtube but I think this is the link I'm thinking about
YouTube - South African Car Flamethrower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc)

BoltonHibee
09-04-2010, 03:10 PM

Its better not to stop at the lights and carry on driving, especially at night. (Obviously taking care you dont smash into another car:wink:)

Sylar
09-04-2010, 06:34 PM

I remember the Sun showing the threat of terrorist attacks for France 98 and they drew it up Roy Of The Rovers style showing Arabs dressed as stewards throwing petrol bombs into the subs bench, English media :bitchy:

Read the bloody link?

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-04-2010, 08:08 PM

And John Motson...:blah::blah::blah: 1966 :blah::blah::blah:

darwenhibby
09-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Its better not to stop at the lights and carry on driving, especially at night. (Obviously taking care you do smash into another car:wink:)

I am the same going through Bolton and thats even during the day!!

khib70
09-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Yeh - lying bazzas! Arabs never throw bombs

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/michk89/child_suicide_bomber.jpg

heidtheba
09-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Add to that the potential for serious racial violence uprising in South Africa following the murder of Eugene Terreblanche last week, and the World Cup finals are going to contain a HUGE security presence.

Dear God,
I hadn't realised he had been killed. Muppet of a man (although all I know of him is the legendary Louis Theroux interview).