PDA

View Full Version : Quite A Shock!

Speedway
08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I must have missed this photograph released with the consent of George Best's family at the time of his death. It shocked me a littlebit I must admit. It really is a stark warning against the dangers of Alcohol.

The caption that went with it was 'Don't Die Like Me'

Warning - It's not pretty.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LGgyBjg4j0g/ScFdRASCSGI/AAAAAAAAAPk/8vHkRTE-uvk/s400/gb+kimse+benim+gibi+%C3%B6lmesin.jpg

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Thats terrible.:boo hoo:

hibsbollah
08-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Alcoholism is a terrible disease.

His face has changed beyond recognition, looks more like Christopher Lee.

Billychaotic182
08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Alcoholism is a terrible disease.

His face has changed beyond recognition, looks more like Christopher Lee.

He really does look like him offt

Hibby D
08-04-2010, 10:17 PM
That is indeed quite a shocking photo - I had an uncle who died of alcohol related illness at the age of only 36. I realise now why my Mum thought it best I didn't visit him in the latter stages.

George Best is one of my all time football heroes (only slightly behind Reilly, Stanton and Sauzee ) and I was delighted when he came to Hibs albeit briefly.

A horrible horrible disease right enough

IWasThere2016
08-04-2010, 11:21 PM
I must have missed this photograph released with the consent of George Best's family at the time of his death. It shocked me a littlebit I must admit. It really is a stark warning against the dangers of Alcohol.

The caption that went with it was 'Don't Die Like Me'

Warning - It's not pretty.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LGgyBjg4j0g/ScFdRASCSGI/AAAAAAAAAPk/8vHkRTE-uvk/s400/gb+kimse+benim+gibi+%C3%B6lmesin.jpg

I recall seeing it before - still shocking though :boo hoo:

mim
08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Best and I were the same age.
The only time I ever looked better than him was when that photo was taken and he was dying .....and some folk will argue with that. :boo hoo:

Forever in my memory, Belfast Boy. :not worth

Sir David Gray
08-04-2010, 11:42 PM
That's quite shocking.

A close family member of mine battled alcohol addiction in the 80's not long before I was born. He nearly died and was given a final warning that he couldn't touch another drop of alcohol, or he would die.

Since about 86/87, he has never touched alcohol whatsoever and is now quite well, all things considered.

It says a lot for him.

stu in nottingham
08-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Remember him how he was folks, incredible, audacious and beautiful.

The Best...ever.

YouTube - George Best - The Belfast Boy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYU0KsGLuxE)

RIP
09-04-2010, 06:22 AM
I've got eight alcoholics in my family line and several tee-totallers

It's a genetic disease and the sooner we educate our kids that some are going to be alergic from day one - the better

OK for the majority, but for an unfortunate minority - it's a killer

By the law of averages, at any football club you are gonna have one or two born with the addiction - even if it's not fully developed yet.

The good news is that you can recover if you face it head on

bobbyhibs1983
09-04-2010, 09:03 AM
ye i remeber seeing that photo .I think nowadays alchol,imo is easy to get addicted to becuase of the social "need" for a drink.