PDA

View Full Version : Gow wants to stay

Winston Ingram
08-04-2010, 11:12 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6081431,00.html

Peevemor
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Gow has one more year on his Plymouth deal and Jeff Hughes' side would have to negotiate a deal with the Pilgrims should they wish to sign him permanently.

:rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
08-04-2010, 11:15 AM
who the frig is jeff hughes :confused:

_hucks_
08-04-2010, 11:15 AM
In other news, Jeff Hughes is our manager now...

edit: ach, beaten to it

monktonharp
08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
aye,but does he bring anything to the table? better than we've got up front,done anything? no wonder he's enjoying himself,getting a good wage,as he did at der Hun,on the sidelines or in the stand.:yawn:

SRHibs
08-04-2010, 11:22 AM
aye,but does he bring anything to the table? better than we've got up front,done anything? no wonder he's enjoying himself,getting a good wage,as he did at der Hun,on the sidelines or in the stand.:yawn:

:yawn: You can hardly blame that on him. He hasn't even been given a decent chance yet...

Sandy
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
In other news, Jeff Hughes is our manager now...

edit: ach, beaten to it

**** me, away from the message board for 5 minutes and we get rid of ANOTHER manager PETRIE :grr:

essexhibee
08-04-2010, 11:24 AM
I think we should give the guy a chance, hes been laden with injuries and was thrown in with little matches under his belt from the season with plymouth. Give him time and he could be great for us, look at Stokes, was by all means pants at the start of the season, got a few goals and is now one of the top scorers in the league, one of the most important players for us.

Dinkydoo
08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I think we should give the guy a chance, hes been laden with injuries and was thrown in with little matches under his belt from the season with plymouth. Give him time and he could be great for us, look at Stokes, was by all means pants at the start of the season, got a few goals and is now one of the top scorers in the league, one of the most important players for us.

Eggsactly! :top marks

Mikey
08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I reckon Gow will be with us next season. He's a good trainer and Yogi likes that in a player.

Jim44
08-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I think he's all round too lightweight and I don't think he's worth another year's gamble. I'd like to see Hughes bring in a few 'tougher' players and the likes of Gow will have to move on before he can do this.

Sandy
08-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I reckon Gow will be with us next season. He's a good trainer and Yogi likes that in a player.

Ah well at least that is the problem right back position sorted then :faf:

monktonharp
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
:yawn: You can hardly blame that on him. He hasn't even been given a decent chance yet...your right,I cant blame him for beeing not as good as we already have up front. I do blame his presence At HFC for taking up a wage that could be better spent on a hard experienced mid fielder ,or right back. but that's up to Yogi.

Long suffering
08-04-2010, 11:51 AM
your right,I cant blame him for beeing not as good as we already have up front. I do blame his presence At HFC for taking up a wage that could be better spent on a hard experienced mid fielder ,or right back. but that's up to Yogi.

thats a bit unfair when hes far from full fitness. When he is hed be a better option than nish. Stokes was very poor when he first joined us cause of his fitness.

Andy74
08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
your right,I cant blame him for beeing not as good as we already have up front. I do blame his presence At HFC for taking up a wage that could be better spent on a hard experienced mid fielder ,or right back. but that's up to Yogi.

He's a different player to what we have and would be a great asset when fit and having played a few games.

I don't think it's an either or in terms of the positions we bring in, there will also be players arriving for the positions we need filled.

Argyle_Man
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I think he's all round too lightweight and I don't think he's worth another year's gamble. I'd like to see Hughes bring in a few 'tougher' players and the likes of Gow will have to move on before he can do this.

The general view of him down here was that although technically sound he was too lightweight and a few crunching tackles and he vanished from the game. Very dubious attitude too he seems to play for himself rather than the team.

Still, it would be nice of you lot if you gave us what we paid for him but if i'm honest I would think you could do better for your money.

Cheers

noseyhibby
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
**** me, away from the message board for 5 minutes and we get rid of ANOTHER manager PETRIE :grr:

:faf:

noseyhibby
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
The general view of him down here was that although technically sound he was too lightweight and a few crunching tackles and he vanished from the game. Very dubious attitude too he seems to play for himself rather than the team.

Still, it would be nice of you lot if you gave us what we paid for him but if i'm honest I would think you could do better for your money.

Cheers

Thanks for the insight.

col02
08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Only guy who will know how to get the best out of Gow is Hughes having worked with him for so long so we should be willing to trust his judgement. Like others I would prefer the right back ans central midfield area to be strengthened but if he is willing to stay and within Hibs budget then could do a lot worse.

noseyhibby
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
The monks on the isle of Iona are happy also and they are having as much impact on Hibs as Gow. Does Gow think ER is Butlins?

Beefster
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM

Cheers

With a season left on his contract? I'd be surprised.

Andy74
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
The monks on the isle of Iona are happy also and they are having as much impact on Hibs as Gow. Does Gow think ER is Butlins?

What leads you to believe that Gow thinks this?:confused:

Gatecrasher
08-04-2010, 12:14 PM
The guys hardly played a full match and folk are writing him off,it wasnt that when people were creaming themselves to have him here in the first place, i say if he wants to stay and the price is right give him a 2 year deal and take it from there :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
08-04-2010, 12:15 PM

Cheers

Argyle_Man - can you tell us what the deal is with non-allocated seating areas at Home Park? Is there any impact on the capacity as a result (in a focus group last night this issue came up and I have a mate who is a Pilgrim and he mentioned a "white block " which is unallocated. Word from the club is 1) was not possible and 2) would be an impact on capacity - everyone needed to be allocated to a seat?

Cheers,
Loko.

degenerated
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM

have the monks on the isle of iona been injured for the last month or so?

noseyhibby
08-04-2010, 12:22 PM
What leads you to believe that Gow thinks this?:confused:

Maybe he thinks big Yogi is a soft touch and the attitude of a lot of his team mates to his liking -picking up a healthy wage and giving little in return: not to mention living in a desirable city. To be fair he might have a niggling injury, but this doesn't negate the fact that he has a history at his various clubs of flattering to deceive and disappearing on the pitch. I can't see Yogi keeping him.

Andy74
08-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Maybe he thinks big Yogi is a soft touch and the attitude of a lot of his team mates to his liking -picking up a healthy wage and giving little in return: not to mention living in a desirable city. To be fair he might have a niggling injury, but this doesn't negate the fact that he has a history at his various clubs of flattering to deceive and disappearing on the pitch. I can't see Yogi keeping him.

Maybe you hang about Leith docks working as a rent boy, to be fair, you might not, but it's certainly possible that you do. You've got all the tools for it.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Maybe you hang about Leith docks working as a rent boy, to be fair, you might not, but it's certainly possible that you do. You've got all the tools for it.

That's 4 or 5 times i have burst out laughing at posts here recently,:faf::faf::faf: and they say this site is getting worse.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM

Ehhh ??? First we have Jeff Hughes as manager ?? Now Gowzer is being compared with an Al Qaeda terrorist !!

:greengrin

noseyhibby
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM

Admin should have a word with you. When you resort to personal abuse and stray from the points being made you show yourself up for who and what you are. I'd respect you more if you attacked the argument and not the individual.:bitchy:

Peevemor
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Admin should have a word with you. When you resort to personal abuse and stray from the points being made you show yourself up for who and what you are. I'd respect you more if you attacked the argument and not the individual.:bitchy:

But it's okay for you to abuse the players?

I thought Andy's post was pretty funny myself.

noseyhibby
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
That's 4 or 5 times i have burst out laughing at posts here recently,:faf::faf::faf: and they say this site is getting worse.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm pleased you thought it funny. Personal abuse I don't find so funny.

noseyhibby
08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
But it's okay for you to abuse the players?

I thought Andy's post was pretty funny myself.

There is no connection between my thoughts of Gow and another site member resorting to personal abuse. You say you found Andy74s personal attack on me funny: well, this sadly reflects your mind set and attitude as opposed to the more reasonable posters on this site. I didn't think it funny as I'm the victim of his attack.

HibbyAndy
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Id be happy with a fully fit Alan Gow, Adds a bit more qaulity to the sqaud.

Hibby 2005
Gow only makes sense if Benji leaves as they are quite similar so there's probably a good chance of it happening. One year deal would also make sense given he's injury prone.

J-C
Read about this yesterday and I for one will be happy to see him stay for longer. He's not an out and out striker but should be able to play where Deek is, which should then free up Deek to play a more forward role.

The lad was another youngster whose head was turned by a big money move to the old firm and again another player wasted by them. Hopefully he can get himself fully fit and get some good game time under his belt, plus he's another one who enjoys working with Yogi and Brian Rice, so if we can get him signed up, a good addition. :greengrin

Petrie's Tache
08-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Why?Are you a rent boy?

Beefster
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
There is no connection between my thoughts of Gow and another site member resorting to personal abuse. You say you found Andy74s personal attack on me funny: well, this sadly reflects your mind set and attitude as opposed to the more reasonable posters on this site. I didn't think it funny as I'm the victim of his attack.

Report it through the supplied channels then rather than moaning constantly about it.

Jack
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Cheers

Did you lot pay £250k for him?

If he’s only got a year left on his contract and you lot clearly don’t want him I honestly cant see us lot paying that, assuming Yogi wants him.

Peevemor
08-04-2010, 12:44 PM

If you read his post again, you'll see that it's the suppositions you are making as opoosed to you personally he is having a go at.

to be fair, you might not

Hardly 'gloves off' stuff, is it?

Hibby 2005
08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I think the comments possibly say more about Andy74's preoccupations than anything else :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
08-04-2010, 12:48 PM

:dummytit:

HibbyAndy
08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Mon guys lets no get aw hot and bothered here, lets just be adults.

You never see me in a heated debate.

PeeKay
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Plymouth are going to want some sort of transfer fee for Gow. I think I'd rather have Kyle for free.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM

It's not personal abuse. He doesn't say you're actually a rent boy.

Just like you didn't say that Gow's feigning injury and treating Hibs as a holiday camp.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
It's not personal abuse. He doesn't say you're actually a rent boy.

Just like you didn't say that Gow's feigning injury and treating Hibs as a holiday camp.

Exactly. :agree:

Sandy
08-04-2010, 01:23 PM

Ehhh ??? First we have Jeff Hughes as manager ?? Now Gowzer is being compared with an Al Qaeda terrorist !!

Make that 6 :faf:

Big90inOz
08-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Gow hasn't come even close to setting the heather on fire so for me it's a :bye:

Only memory is of him shirking challenges :agree:

He hasn't looked Hibs class :greengrin

I really think we need at least a couple of players with a "physical presence" in the middle

Andy74
08-04-2010, 01:34 PM

I think you maybe missed the point if you thought it was personal abuse! :wink:

Removed
08-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Your user name's a bit like 'blow job' isn't it?

Coffee spat on keyboard moment :faf:

RIP
08-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Whoooshhh!:faf:

bighairyfaeleith
08-04-2010, 01:43 PM

sleeping giant
08-04-2010, 01:43 PM

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2010, 01:47 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:
This place is getting better by the minute.:top marks

RIP
08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
The general view of him down here was that although technically sound he was too lightweight and a few crunching tackles and he vanished from the game. Very dubious attitude too he seems to play for himself rather than the team.Cheers

Jings! He will fit in perfectly then :duck:

Tell me Argyle Man are you a bit of a sweater?
More likely you trying to pull the wool over our eyes
You are a card eh?

Beefster
08-04-2010, 01:49 PM

You are a card eh?

That's no sort of question for a family board.

Allant1981
08-04-2010, 01:54 PM

You are a card eh?

what the hell is a sweater

Toaods
08-04-2010, 01:55 PM

You are a card eh?

if Argyle man is indeed a native of Plymouth he can perhaps provide a deeper insight :wink: into the 'rent boy hanging around the docks' characteristics.

I've not been there myself (Plymouth) but you know what they say...

.....hello sailor...:asshole: + :bandit:

Chuckie
08-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Gow hasn't come even close to setting heather on fire so for me it's a :bye:

Who's she and why oh why would you want players of our fine club burning her ?
Is this anything to do with the Been Laden thing ?
Jesus wept.

therealgavmac
08-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Coffee spat on keyboard moment :faf:

Thanks for the heads up Billy - I think I've just pee'd myself :faf:

Gatecrasher
08-04-2010, 02:25 PM

greenlex
08-04-2010, 02:36 PM
****in quality thread!

eastmainsmsh
08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Id keep gow play him on the left Bring Deeks in with stokes .... punt Rankin and stevenson .....bamba will be away ...... bring in a right back ,big midfielder, and big Rob Jones :thumbsup:

Jack
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
if Argyle man is indeed a native of Plymouth he can perhaps provide a deeper insight :wink: into the 'rent boy hanging around the docks' characteristics.

I've not been there myself (Plymouth) but you know what they say...

.....hello sailor...:asshole: + :bandit:

I’ve been there! Went to Spain on a boat! :agree:

Never saw any rent-boys but there was plenty seamen.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-04-2010, 03:34 PM
who the frig is jeff hughes :confused:

They have mixed him up with the current Hearts manager...Jim Johnries.

matty_f
08-04-2010, 05:10 PM
So is Gowser a prossie or not, then? :dunno:

basehibby
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Swerving neatly round all this talk of Rent Boys and Blow Jobs, I reckon much will depend on other comings and goings at the head of our attack. Hughes is no sucker but I'm sure if Gowser shows himself to be a hard working boy and the price is right then business can be done :agree:

monktonharp
08-04-2010, 05:16 PM
thats a bit unfair when hes far from full fitness. When he is hed be a better option than nish. Stokes was very poor when he first joined us cause of his fitness. Gow was signed at the last minute,before the windae shut. he has hardly kicked a ba',mainly because it was not his type we reqd,naw? and when he did play,half an hour here and there,it was obvious to all that he was totally,and I mean totally unfit for the SPL. now he's injured and has been for ages.will he replace the likes of Rankin in midfield? get rid of this on-loan player and get us a bit of steel in the middle,where it is undoubtably needed

SRHibs
08-04-2010, 05:19 PM

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

MyJo
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
what the hell is a sweater

Christian Nade if he gets more than 300 metres from a McDonalds

--------
08-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Swerving neatly round all this talk of Rent Boys and Blow Jobs, I reckon much will depend on other comings and goings at the head of our attack. Hughes is no sucker but I'm sure if Gowser shows himself to be a hard working boy and the price is right then business can be done :agree:

You're a very naughty boy. That's BOTH my freakin' laptops dripping coffee and jammy doughnut bits now. Stop it this instant! :cool2:

J-C
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
So is Gowser a prossie or not, then? :dunno:

If he's not he'll probably be a Tim.:greengrin

DH1875
08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Plymouth are going to want some sort of transfer fee for Gow. I think I'd rather have Kyle for free.

:agree:. A new RB and CB are also a must.

EasterRoad4Ever
08-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Worryingly he's a pal of Jeff Hughes, so every chance of him getting a big wage and deal out of Hibs, when he has done the square root of SFA to deserve it. Looks a pale shadow of the player everyone was talking about a few years ago, and maybe explains why he rarely got a game for the Huns - even when they were struggling badly.

IMHO - move him on. We've plenty of other "flatter to deceive" shirkers at the club without signing another one. let the Yams have him.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-04-2010, 06:34 PM

kyles going to hearts according to Robbo

Bostonhibby
08-04-2010, 06:39 PM

Cheers[/QUOTE]

:faf: Great to hear your views, but you have obviously never heard of Rod Petrie! Does your chairman play find the lady or arm wrestle? You will end up paying us!

All the best

Mibbes Aye
08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I think we've got to be careful here.

Giving someone a right mouthful is one thing but seems a bit unfair if they're not a rent boy :agree:.

That's assuming I've understood this thread correctly. Has anyone else taken something the wrong way?

matty_f
08-04-2010, 06:52 PM
I think we've got to be careful here.

Giving someone a right mouthful is one thing but seems a bit unfair if they're not a rent boy :agree:.

That's assuming I've understood this thread correctly. Has anyone else taken something the wrong way?

I'm waiting to hear Gamo's views on this thread.:agree:

Mibbes Aye
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
:faf: Great to hear your views, but you have obviously never heard of Rod Petrie! Does your chairman play find the lady or arm wrestle? You will end up paying us!

All the best

At the risk of ruining the surprise for Argyle, if Petrie has sanctioned the move they better just get busy smiling, say "thank you" for the (old-style) ten pence piece he gives them and hand Gow over.

Resistance is futile. At worst Rod will wreak a terrible and ghastly revenge, like eating their first-born. At best he'll claim them all for his harem or that :agree:

Toaods
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I feel we are being a bit hardon Gow here, after all one swallow doesnt make a summer. Give the guy a chance to come up for air.,. Before he heads back south.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2010, 07:28 PM

lapsedhibee
08-04-2010, 07:46 PM

:faf: Superb.

Speedway
08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
I feel we are being a bit hardon Gow here, after all one swallow doesnt make a summer. Give the guy a chance to come up for air.,. Before he heads back south.

:tee hee:

hibsbollah
08-04-2010, 10:13 PM

I wish I knew what that meant in practice though. Does being a 'good trainer' mean 'run about all day doing demanding drills and running round cones' or does it mean practising passing drills and improving technique?

Edit...I wish id read the whole thread instead of just the OP...

J-C
08-04-2010, 10:21 PM

What are you trying to tell us here Toads? :greengrin

down-the-slope
08-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm waiting to hear Gamo's views on this thread.:agree:

Once he has stopped laughing, biting his knuckles and wiped the food debris of his screen he will consult his book of acceptable inuendos and make a judgement :agree:

Toaods
08-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Once he has stopped laughing, biting his knuckles and wiped the food debris of his screen he will consult his book of acceptable inuendos and make a judgement :agree:

that's not food debris...:greengrin

brydekirk
08-04-2010, 10:53 PM
at the end of the day, its somebody who wants to play for hibs, how many of the rest of the team do ? fair enough, hes not had much chance to prove himself , still think he deserves a chance.

J-C
08-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Thing is I remember us all clammering to sign the guy when at Falkirk and were peed off when he went west, Rankers have hammered his confidence, he was a top notch attacking midfielder and if Yogi can get him back to anything like he was, then good luck.

Removed
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Thing is I remember us all clammering to sign the guy when at Falkirk and were peed off when he went west, Rankers have hammered his confidence, he was a top notch attacking midfielder and if Yogi can get him back to anything like he was, then good luck.

:agree:

How much game time has he actually had. Defo not enough for me to judge him. I hope he stays.

--------
08-04-2010, 11:32 PM

Cheers

My dear old chap, do you remember a big fat angry man called Bobby Williamson?

He was our manager once upon a time, and lo, the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth among the faithful Hibees was everlasting and beyond measure piteous to behold.

For Bobby W was not a football manager at all, but a marketing representative for CineWorld and BurgerKing.

And lo, the Wise and Devious Rod Petrie did bring out his magic cauldron, and brewed up a powerful magic spell, and a foolish football club in the south-west of England did make Bobby W an offer he couldn't refuse, and they did poach Bobby W from the Hibees, and did even pay the Wise and Devious Rod Petrie moderate compensation for the remaining portion of Bobby W's contract.

And then the Wise and Devious Rod Petrie did Laugh All The Way To The Bank....

Our Rod pay you what you paid the Huns?

Hell will freeze over first, mate. Respect the Power of the 'Tache.

Hibbyradge
09-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Hang on.

Gow wants to stay at a club where the dressing room is in revolt, the manager is clueless and there is more going on behind the scenes than TQM can remember to spread?

Jeez, it must be really awful at Plymouth.

bighairyfaeleith
09-04-2010, 07:42 AM
I reckon with gow, hughes should just suck it and see!!!

therealgavmac
09-04-2010, 08:05 AM
I wish I knew what that meant in practice though. Does being a 'good trainer' mean 'run about all day doing demanding drills and running round cones' or does it mean practising passing drills and improving technique?

Edit...I wish id read the whole thread instead of just the OP...

Oh Christ - it's a DIY thread now

Gettin' Auld
09-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I reckon with gow, hughes should just suck it and see!!!
:cool2: Surely Yogi won't go THAT far?

crewetollhibee
10-04-2010, 11:52 AM
:cool2: Surely Yogi won't go THAT far?
:faf: :faf::faf: :faf: