PDA

View Full Version : NHC Off For A Few Beers!!

Gettin' Auld
07-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Burnley's Kevin McDonald in trouble. :devil:

[/URL][url]http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2922680/Burnley-player-fled-to-the-pub-for-second-half-of-clubs-Man-City-drubbing.html (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2922680/Burnley-player-fled-to-the-pub-for-second-half-of-clubs-Man-City-drubbing.html)

noseyhibby
07-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Maybe a trip to the pub at half time would help our players relax a bit:wink:

Gettin' Auld
07-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe a trip to the pub at half time would help our players relax a bit:wink:
........and play better in the second half? :wink:

noseyhibby
07-04-2010, 04:31 PM
........and play better in the second half? :wink:

Well, they couldn't play any worse!

Liam89
07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey! i'll have you know it was 1 - 1 in the second half! :wink:

Sir David Gray
07-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I can't believe that any player would even think about doing something like this. :bitchy:

It was very unprofessional and he's lucky that he's not on the transfer list after this stunt.

carnoustiehibee
07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I can't believe that any player would even think about doing something like this. :bitchy:

It was very unprofessional and he's lucky that he's not on the transfer list after this stunt.

but then you dont know him or anything about what happened apart from what you read in the sun.

Gettin' Auld
07-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Agreed, but the Burnley fans don't seem to give a flying one. :confused:
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122106761&page=1 (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2122106761&page=1)

Sir David Gray
07-04-2010, 06:42 PM
but then you dont know him or anything about what happened apart from what you read in the sun.

I've never bought, or read, the Sun newspaper in my life and the fact that he has acknowledged that what he did was unacceptable would lead me to believe that my original comments were appropriate.

carnoustiehibee
07-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I've never bought, or read, the Sun newspaper in my life and the fact that he has acknowledged that what he did was unacceptable would lead me to believe that my original comments were appropriate.

so where did you get the info then? and what actually happened?

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
A lot of their fans left earlier than he did!

Sir David Gray
07-04-2010, 06:52 PM
so where did you get the info then? and what actually happened?

I read it on ceefax yesterday and at the end there was a quote from McDonald apologising for his "naive, disrespectful" behaviour and that it was "totally wrong" of him.

He then went on to recognise that his actions showed "a serious lack of respect to all the fans".

I don't think he would have made such a statement if there was good reason for him leaving at half time.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2010, 06:53 PM
A lot of their fans left earlier than he did!

They're not paid and contracted to be there.

ferry hibby
07-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I know there was a bus load down from Carnoustie (McDonald's home town) for the game. Maybe he was looking for a spare seat home to get away from Man City:agree:

johnbc70
07-04-2010, 07:34 PM

A bit harsh no? Unless you know different (in which case tell us) then its a fair comment from Falkirk Hibee and I like him think it was very unprofessional of him to walk out on his team to go to the pub.

If you know more than what is in the Sun then tell us?

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2010, 08:13 PM
They're not paid and contracted to be there.

I'm not defending him just don't see it as a major issue. I'm pretty sure him sitting in the stand for 45 minutes wouldn't have made much difference.

IWasThere2016
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Talk now of Laws getting punted soon ..

Jonnyboy
08-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Talk now of Laws getting punted soon ..

Should never have been appointed IMO

If Kev wants to come home to Scotland, Hibs should get in there for him

IWasThere2016
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Should never have been appointed IMO

Yup - pointless cheap and yet potentially very expensive option. I cannae understand why they didnae go for a quick fix eg El Tel or George Graham as an attempt to stay up. Coyle left them on the slide but they have long given up. They needed a lift from a big name/inspirational manager - Laws was never that!

They're away and the players will be queueing up to leave.

If Kev wants to come home to Scotland, Hibs should get in there for him

:agree: 100% .. but no gonna happen :boo hoo:

Pretty Boy
08-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Player gets hooked at half time and storms off in a huff shocker.

It's happened before and it will happen again.

One of my favourite incidents similar to this involves ex Everton keeper Neville Southall. He had conceded what his manager thought was a soft goal in the 1st half and during the remainder of the half he gave Southall pelters. At half time rather than go into the dressing room Southall slowly strolled to the other end of the pitch, sat down with his back resting against the post. Despite numerous attempts to coax him in, he remained there for the full 15 minutes before standing up at the begining of the 2nd half and continuing the game as though nothing unusual had happened.

Jonnyboy
09-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Yup - pointless cheap and yet potentially very expensive option. I cannae understand why they didnae go for a quick fix eg El Tel or George Graham as an attempt to stay up. Coyle left them on the slide but they have long given up. They needed a lift from a big name/inspirational manager - Laws was never that!

They're away and the players will be queueing up to leave.

:agree: 100% .. but no gonna happen :boo hoo:

Sad but very likely true :agree: