at least theirs no much difference between our farm to the farm at t well
:wink::wink::wink:
hb

HibeeMcGinn1
07-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Good man. Cant see very much on this phone

Westie1875
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Hands Motherwell the advantage for 4th place if so. Would much rather go to Ibrox for a 3rd time. :grr:

HibeeMcGinn1
07-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Hands Motherwell the advantage for 4th place if so. Would much rather go to Ibrox for a 3rd time. :grr:

100% agree.

Craig_in_Prague
07-04-2010, 10:50 AM
This split and playing teams away 3 times, is a complete farce and needs to be changed :grr:

Simply saying sometimes it goes for you and sometimes not, isn't enough,
this is a stupid set-up and since did when finishing "top 6" before this split ever become celebrated, now it seems managers crave to "make it" into top 6 .... it's nonsense and I hope its changed very soon.

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 10:55 AM
This split and playing teams away 3 times, is a complete farce and needs to be changed :grr:

this is a stupid set-up and since did when finishing "top 6" before this split ever become celebrated, now it seems managers crave to "make it" into top 6 .... it's nonsense and I hope its changed very soon.

I think it's more connected to the shame of not being in the top six, and playing Diddy teams for your last five games. Then there's the small matter of the income that would be lost if we missed out on "glamour" ties against the likes of Rangers, and Hearts.

Leith Green
07-04-2010, 10:56 AM
A complete disgrace from a joke of a league set up !!
Dunno why the hell they bothered with it in the first place, when it throws up unfair situations such as these..

Mikey
07-04-2010, 11:00 AM
It would make for a good end of season game. We may well be within 3 points of each other by then. It would certainly generate some interest.

Gettin' Auld
07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Another fir park trip looms

I blame their playing surface. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-04-2010, 11:02 AM

A complete disgrace from a joke of a league set up !!
Dunno why the hell they bothered with it in the first place, when it throws up unfair situations such as these..

:agree: Agree with both comments.

The split is an absolutely absurd idea and the way that it's carried out is just farcical to be perfectly honest.

It turns our league into an even bigger laughing stock than it already is.

As for us going to Fir Park for a third time this season, that would just be ridiculously unfair if that is true. :grr:

Cocaine&Caviar
07-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Im just happy that we get Celtic Away this season, meaning ive covered every SPL ground.

jgl07
07-04-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=179824
This sounds like speculation from the EEN. The headline says it all.

Hibs could face a third trip to Motherwell.

Equally Hibs could end up with one home match and four away post split.

I prefer to wait until the official fixtures come out.

This is unlikely before the Hearts St Johnstone issue is settled.

Judas Iscariot
07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Absolute joke if this does happen..

HibbyAndy
07-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Our nearest rivals for 4th place and we get them away for the 3rd time this season?.

This better be a sick joke.

Diclonius
07-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Why don't we just get Rangers away? It doesn't matter to them.

Oh, yeah, that's right, the OF comes first in this fair, fair world of Scottish football. :bitchy:

lyonhibs
07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
All this "sick joke" chat is a tad OTT.

Other teams have been bumped with 3 away games to a near rival in seasons gone by.

The nonsense is the entire split concept, not the way it happens to have panned out this season.

scoopyboy
07-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I predicted this weeks ago.

bighairyfaeleith
07-04-2010, 11:57 AM
if we are good enough then it won't matter. Since when has going to motherwell to play been something that concerns us?

HibeeMcGinn1
07-04-2010, 12:02 PM
if we are good enough then it won't matter. Since when has going to motherwell to play been something that concerns us?

the Hibs team right now? you sure?

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Our nearest rivals for 4th place and we get them away for the 3rd time this season?.

This better be a sick joke.

Your absolutely right, it would be much fairer if they got us away for the third time this season.

EskbankHibby
07-04-2010, 12:17 PM
All this "sick joke" chat is a tad OTT.

Other teams have been bumped with 3 away games to a near rival in seasons gone by.

The nonsense is the entire split concept, not the way it happens to have panned out this season.

Has this ever happened in the old firm games as a matter of interest?

I've not checked but i would bet my left bollock that it hasn't and that is why i find the whole process absurd.

Fair enough if you occasionally get bumped with 3 away games to the same team if EVERY team plays by the same rules.

GFA/new world order conspiracy :grr:.

HFC 0-7
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Oh, yeah, that's right, the OF comes first in this fair, fair world of Scottish football. :bitchy:

Why would Rangers prefer to play us at ER?

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 12:25 PM

I've not checked but i would bet my left bollock that it hasn't and that is why i find the whole process absurd.

Fair enough if you occasionally get bumped with 3 away games to the same team if EVERY team plays by the same rules.

I wouldn't imagine it would have to change, as they have always been in the top six.

EH6 Hibby
07-04-2010, 12:37 PM

Rangers had to come to Easter Road 3 times last season!

EskbankHibby
07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Rangers had to come to Easter Road 3 times last season!

Yes and we may have to go to Fir Park for a 3rd time this season, i understand how it should work. I'm pretty sure Rangers preferred a 3rd visit to ER instead of Parkhead.

I'm suggesting that if we accept the "what goes around comes around" premise of post-split fixtures - statistically there should come a time when Rangers have to go to Parkhead 3 times or Celtic to Ibrox 3 times.

I just can't remember this ever happening. The fact that they are both always in the top 6 is incidental surely?

greenlex
07-04-2010, 02:26 PM

If the old firm came first surely a game a third game at Ibrox would be on the cards?

basehibby
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
This very real possibility only goes to show what a joke the current set up actually is. It's not as if it's an unusual scenario - virtually every season one team or another is disadvantaged.

Time for a change - sooner rather than later!

johnrebus
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Ach, the 'Well bubble has now burst, we'll win at Fir Park nae bother........,

:fibber:

The Harp Awakes
07-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Don't think there is any great advantage in hibs playing at home at the moment tbh.

Pitch like a tattie field, nae atmosphere with the East Stand flattened and 10000 greetin faced supporters.

.Sean.
07-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Possible last day Euro decider at Fir Park then?

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Your absolutely right, it would be much fairer if they got us away for the third time this season.

We're only playing them once after the split - we've already been through their twice so we can't play them 3 times at ER.

Diclonius
07-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Possible last day Euro decider at Fir Park then?

Hope so.

One thing's for sure - if we have Them on the last day then we're ****ed. The script is written.

bighairyfaeleith
08-04-2010, 07:01 AM
TBH I don't see the problem, if we are good enough we will do it. If we are not then we won't. **** all to do with playing away from home. We should stop greeting and concentrate on winning the games.

Sounding a bit like tics and yams to be honest!!

PeeKay
08-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Rangers have only to win two more games to lift the title. I do not want that to be at ER. Other than that we just have to take the ties we're given.

KWJ
08-04-2010, 07:57 AM
The split is certainly embarrassing and difficult to explain to other normal leagues but it does have it's perks.

The last few seasons have been pretty exciting with much more to play for unless you're at the top end of the bottom half.

Even if they mean nothing in terms of the league for us games against Hearts & the OF are always going to get my excited.

More often that not it leaves the teams battling for whatever playing against each other which is always more fun to watch.

I'm still for a 16,18 or 20 team league though.

hibsbollah
08-04-2010, 08:12 AM
I am outraged about this thing that might not happen for reasons I am not sure about

:faf:

Sandy
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I think it's more connected to the shame of not being in the top six, and playing Diddy teams for your last five games. Then there's the small matter of the income that would be lost if we missed out on "glamour" ties against the likes of Rangers, and Hearts.

And to think you were doing so well up to that point :faf:

bawheid
08-04-2010, 08:47 AM
I predicted this weeks ago.

Same here, I just didn't post it. :agree:

.Sean.
08-04-2010, 09:20 AM
And to think you were doing so well up to that point :faf:

What do you class as unglamorous about Hearts? I've been informend that pink seats, tin roofs, the reek of the brewery, maroon jerseys and asbestos-ridden main stands are at the very peak of fas hion these days.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Same here, I just didn't post it. :agree:

:agree: I discussed it with you in a private (and innocent) conversation IIRC.

lobster
08-04-2010, 10:33 AM
2 leagues of twenty. Play each team home and away so that each match is an annual event. Have play off sections for the relegation and promotion issues. Make it a pyramid system linking the very top to the very bottom.
Its quite simple really but our game has become a commodity more than a game these days so that revenue is more important than the game itself. Supporters from all teams that I speak to completely agree. The narrow managerialist mediocrity instead plots our sterile league and fixtures so that lets face it, its boring and it is dying.
:thumbsup:

Cocaine&Caviar
08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
A league of 20 is very adventerous IMO, and after a season we would be getting lesser quality teams in there, I think either 16 or 18 teams in a league would be suitable, also it means less fixtures, but this could be made up elsewhere.

lobster
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
A league of 20 is very adventerous IMO, and after a season we would be getting lesser quality teams in there, I think either 16 or 18 teams in a league would be suitable, also it means less fixtures, but this could be made up elsewhere.
18 would work for sure but IMO 20 would be better. After Ross County I dont think we are in the position to speak of lesser teams in the first division frankly. We should beat teams like Airdrie but...

bawheid
08-04-2010, 10:58 AM
:agree: I discussed it with you in a private (and innocent) conversation IIRC.

We should be careful not to bring up our private and innocent conversations in public, in case people see us as 'in the know'. We don't want to appear more important than we actually are.

Sandy
08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
What do you class as unglamorous about Hearts? I've been informend that pink seats, tin roofs, the reek of the brewery, maroon jerseys and asbestos-ridden main stands are at the very peak of fas hion these days.

Me bad and NOT fashionable :agree:

monktonharp
08-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Possible last day Euro decider at Fir Park then?I'd be happy enough if it was that way. unless of course we'd al;ready secured a euro place,but the whole point of the split was to set up situations like this thereby creating an exciting finish. may the best team win,as I am sure we are good enough to beat 'well.