PDA

View Full Version : small chuckle from kickback

AgentDaleCooper
07-04-2010, 12:17 AM
one yam on who they'd like to see promoted

Ross County because my Dad was from Dingwall and sadly passed away just over a week ago. He would have been delighted to see them in the top flight.

If they don't make is ICT or QOS (unlikely). Definitely not Dundee. They've always been a bogey club for us.

:tee hee:

matty_f
07-04-2010, 12:18 AM
one yam on who they'd like to see promoted

:tee hee:

:hilarious:

good spot!

Removed
07-04-2010, 12:20 AM
:thumbsup:

:singing: Albert Kidd Albert Kidd Albert Kidd :singing:

:brokenyam:

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Auckland Hibs
07-04-2010, 06:36 AM

:singing: Albert Kidd Albert Kidd Albert Kidd :singing:

:brokenyam:

:faf: :faf: :faf:

I was (very, very) bored the other day and had a wee look on sickback, prior to their last game there were a few posts about St Mirren. The Yams are still moaning about their fans, stewards, Paisley etc. being "jakey, junkies, cheating so & so's", it really made me laugh. I love it after all this time that day still haunts them!

Long live Sir Albert Kidd & the St Mirren team who played their part :notworthy:

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I was (very, very) bored the other day and had a wee look on sickback, prior to their last game there were a few posts about St Mirren. The Yams are still moaning about their fans, stewards, Paisley etc. being "jakey, junkies, cheating so & so's", it really made me laugh. I love it after all this time that day still haunts them!

Long live Sir Albert Kidd & the St Mirren team who played their part :notworthy:

Not to forget the Hearts team who played a massive part in bottling it. If it wasn't for their bottles crashing the St Mirren/Celtic score wouldn't have mattered. So well done again to all those with the 'flu that day.

Gettin' Auld
07-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Definitely not Dundee. They've always been a bogey club for us.

WindyMiller
07-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Not to forget the Hearts tram who played a massive part in bottling it. If it wasn't for their bottles crashing the St Mirren/Celtic score wouldn't have mattered. So well done again to all those with the 'flu that day.

I heard talk of these matters before but don't know the full story.
Would a kindly netter be able to throw a bit more light on this for me, or even post some video evidence?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Kevvy1875
07-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Yes...what is this 'last day bottle crash in 86' that you speak of? I may need my memory jogging....

I once heard of a team that lost the league on the last day and then the same team was horsed 3-0 shortly after in a cup final, sounds really similar to this story.....could it be?

Stevie Reid
07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Not to forget the Hearts team who played a massive part in bottling it. If it wasn't for their bottles crashing the St Mirren/Celtic score wouldn't have mattered. So well done again to all those with the 'flu that day.

Exactly. It's funny how the Jambos forever refer to St. Mirren as 'bung takers' etc. when their fate was in their own hands at Dens, yet our injury list for the 2006 SC semi final is dismissed as not having a bearing on the outcome that day.

We also get called bottlers for our SC record but that Hearts team had the biggest crash in history, on the cusp of what would've been a huge achievement.

Alfred E Newman
07-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Lets look at ourselves before laughing at others. ICT look certs for promotion now. We all know what that means.

brog
07-04-2010, 09:20 AM
We also have to give huge credit to Dundee in the 64/65 season. The Dee horsed Yams 7-1 at Tynie, ( why does 7 sound familiar? ) & Yams lost league by 0.4 of a goal on goal average. If Yams had only held out for 6-1 they would have won the league!
Of course we helped by winning at Tynie on New Years Day with a Willie Hamilton wonder goal & even our 3-5 defeat at Easter Road contributed hugely, a 4-2 defeat & Yams would have won the league!
Incidentally, Yams would have won league on goal difference in 1965 & on goal average in 1986! It's a conspiracy I tell you! :wink:

Keith_M
07-04-2010, 09:32 AM
We also have to give huge credit to Dundee in the 64/65 season. The Dee horsed Yams 7-1 at Tynie, ( why does 7 sound familiar? ) & Yams lost league by 0.4 of a goal on goal average. If Yams had only held out for 6-1 they would have won the league!
Of course we helped by winning at Tynie on New Years Day with a Willie Hamilton wonder goal & even our 3-5 defeat at Easter Road contributed hugely, a 4-2 defeat & Yams would have won the league!
Incidentally, Yams would have won league on goal difference in 1965 & on goal average in 1986! It's a conspiracy I tell you! :wink:

...and Hibs would have won the league on goal difference in 1953, but lost it on 'Goal Average'.

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Is this one of our agents by any chance? :greengrin

Can't think how Dundee have been a bogey team for the Yams, my memory is sketchy. Can anyone shed some light on this?

matty_f
07-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Is this one of our agents by any chance? :greengrin

Can't think how Dundee have been a bogey team for the Yams, my memory is sketchy. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm at a loss to explain that theory too. I noticed someone mentioning the name of Albert Kidd earlier in the thread. Perhaps some investigation into his connection with Dundee and the Yams would shed some light on the subject, if anyone's got the time to look?

--------
07-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm at a loss to explain that theory too. I noticed someone mentioning the name of Albert Kidd earlier in the thread. Perhaps some investigation into his connection with Dundee and the Yams would shed some light on the subject, if anyone's got the time to look?

Can't think what on earth any of you guys are going on about.

Albert Kidd? Dundee? St Mirren? 1986?

Bottled Yams? that some kinda pickles? :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Can't think what on earth any of you guys are going on about.

Albert Kidd? Dundee? St Mirren? 1986?

Bottled Yams? that some kinda pickles? :cool2:

No, still doesn't register. I've got a vague recollection of a chubby man waving a Hearts scarf, but being unable to lift his arms high enough to wave it over his head.

Perhaps someone has a picture?

stubru59
07-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I heard talk of these matters before but don't know the full story.
Would a kindly netter be able to throw a bit more light on this for me, or even post some video evidence?

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

At your age you must remember the printed t-shirts. Surely you recall some other minor details. That perhaps, you had more than your usual couple of pints that night.

That it was bliss to be alive. Surely, you have some small and faded imprint of that weekend.

lyonhibs
07-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Old Archie MacPherson havering on about "7th son with the seventh sight" and video footage of a sea of maroon fills my memory.

It's coming back little by little - Craig Levein at CB was it not?? Or was there maybe some kind of conveneient flu bug/"bottlers" syndrome doing the rounds at that time.

One thing I'm relatively sure of is that one of the teams involved were sponsered by "Mita".....................................

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Old Archie MacPherson havering on about "7th son with the seventh sight" and video footage of a sea of maroon fills my memory.

It's coming back little by little - Craig Levein at CB was it not?? Or was there maybe some kind of conveneient flu bug/"bottlers" syndrome doing the rounds at that time.

One thing I'm relatively sure of is that one of the teams involved were sponsered by "Mita".....................................

A sea of maroon, is that right? I would have thought a sewer of maroon would be more apt.

See this thingy at Dens Park, was it a decider for the First Division championship or something? I really don't remember paying much attention to the football that weekend.

Hainan Hibs
07-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Memory may be playing tricks on me but I seem to remember someone called Kidd scoring his 2nd by taking on an entire team Maradona 86 style and then playing a neat one two Latapy/Mixu style then slamming home just like Latapy and breaking 400,000 hearts.

Dinnae ken why I remember this as I don't think it had any significant effect.

My memory might be playing tricks ken so hopefully someone can clear things up for us?

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Memory may be playing tricks on me but I seem to remember someone called Kidd scoring his 2nd by taking on an entire team Maradona 86 style and then playing a neat one two Latapy/Mixu style then slamming home just like Latapy and breaking 400,000 hearts.

Dinnae ken why I remember this as I don't think it had any significant effect.

My memory might be playing tricks ken so hopefully someone can clear things up for us?

This is a bit like waking up on a Sunday morning and piecing the night before together. Did this guy Kidd look a bit like Bobby Ball by any chance?

Hibs On Tour
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
All I can remember is all these bakers shops selling off purple cakes really cheap... :faf:

I also remember the guy on the football phone in the next day who said in a really sombre voice 'I'd just like to say... on behalf of all Hibs fans...' [cue yams thinking it was gonna be the old, well done etc] 'that yesterday was the best day of my life' - I was pishing myself! :greengrin

Speedway
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=lyonhibs;2419694]Old Archie MacPherson havering on about "7th son with the seventh sight" and video footage of a sea of maroon fills my memory.

[B]One thing I'm relatively sure of is that one of the teams involved were sponsered by "Mita".....................................[QUOTE]

As in 'Mita but Didnae' ?

dangermouse
07-04-2010, 12:48 PM
86, bottling it, Albert kidd... I'm sure there must be video footage somewhere. :wink:

Allant1981
07-04-2010, 02:20 PM
YouTube - Dundee V Hearts 1986 Albert Kidd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 03:33 PM
YouTube - Dundee V Hearts 1986 Albert Kidd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s)[/URL]

How could I have forgotten that? Still, I'm sure Hearts bounced back and put on a sterling performance for their fans in the next game?

WindyMiller
07-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Aye, it's starting to come back to me now.

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Did they no get humped the following week in the Cup-Final???

Auld age is a bu99er, memory's no whit it wiz.

--------
07-04-2010, 04:05 PM
YouTube - Dundee V Hearts 1986 Albert Kidd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s)

Oh - THAT's what it's all about..... :devil:

I'd forgotten all about that. :rolleyes:

One Day Soon
07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
It is funny how some things just never get old. Didn't this crew of which we speak weep like girls that day?

Billy McKirdy
07-04-2010, 09:44 PM
All I can remember is all these bakers shops selling off purple cakes really cheap... :faf:

I also remember the guy on the football phone in the next day who said in a really sombre voice 'I'd just like to say... on behalf of all Hibs fans...' [cue yams thinking it was gonna be the old, well done etc] 'that yesterday was the best day of my life' - I was pishing myself! :greengrin

So it wasnt Father Andy on the Open Line on Radio Forth then?...(remember him?)..."Hello, Andy....I feel like I cant go on!" :boo hoo:

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2010, 10:04 PM
It is funny how some things just never get old. Didn't this crew of which we speak weep like girls that day?

Now that you mention it, I think they did. There was a wee fat bloke from Drylaw that was filmed blubbering on the terracing. Still, at least he's got something to show his great grandkids.

So it wasnt Father Andy on the Open Line on Radio Forth then?...(remember him?)..."Hello, Andy....I feel like I cant go on!" :boo hoo:

Caller: Andy, ah, ah, jist cannae go oan, ah'm standing on the Forth Bridge.
Andy: Now, settle down there caller, look at your problems from another angle, why not step back.....eh, I mean don't do that but think about the positives in your life. What about your kids?
Caller: Havenae goat any, ah uv these problems, ah work hard likes, eh..
Andy: Not so much detail there, Sandy from Drylaw. Eh, what about your parents?
Caller: Died years ago.
Andy: How about your wife, how would she feel?
Caller: She left iz fur annerr man on Christmas Day.
Andy: My you've been through the mill havent you? Well, what about someone important, how about Pat Stanton, what about the Hibs?
Caller: Ah'm a Jambo!:boo hoo:

SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE SILENCE

Andy: Jump ya *******!!!!

dangermouse
08-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Listening to him was enough to tip you over the edge.