PDA

View Full Version : Arse 1 Barca 4 (and counting)

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
robbery:grr:

Hibeebor
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
This is going to be some game now!! Come on the Gooners!

hibee_girl
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
1-1

Messi

Hibeebor
06-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Haha, 2 minutes later... Lionel Messi... Who else?

SteveHFC
06-04-2010, 07:07 PM
1-1:thumbsup:

clerriehibs
06-04-2010, 07:08 PM
come on, the English Hibees (in black and white ... it's an early 70s thing ...)

Toaods
Who scored for Arsenal?

I tried to do Bendtner and Barca 4-1 on BET365
but I was on 7.45PM and it wouldn't accept it.

MWHIBBIES
Ffs silvestre is *****.

hibee_girl
06-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Who scored for Arsenal?

Bendtner scored

johnbc70
06-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Who scored for Arsenal?

Bendtner scored, what odds were they offering?

MWHIBBIES
06-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Who scored for Arsenal?

but I was on 7.45PM and it wouldn't accept it.Bendtner scored.

Sir David Gray
06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Never a yellow card for Denilson. :bitchy:

It's a real shame that Messi feels that he has to do that as he is a fantastic talent.

HibbyAndy
06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Messi you have my respect as a great player, But you diving little barsteward!!!

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Arsenal kicking Barca, just like the first leg. I wonder if Wenger will remember this next time he complains about wigan/stoke/blackburn doing it to his side:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
06-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Arsenal kicking Barca, just like the first leg. I wonder if Wenger will remember this next time he complains about wigan/stoke/blackburn doing it to his side:rolleyes:

Are you for real??..Barca dropping like flys, and never a booking for Denilson.

Barca know how to play the great game, but they know how to con the ref too.

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Are you for real??..Barca dropping like flys, and never a booking for Denilson.

Barca know how to play the great game, but they know how to con the ref too.

Not see Diaby stamp on Xavi earlier? also Denilson has already had a bad tackle about 10 mins in.

Toaods
06-04-2010, 07:22 PM
can't recall exactly as it's automatic selection then load to place your stake

- 475/1 rings a bell.

...hope it doesn't come up or I'll be spewing big time.

bingo70
Messi you have my respect as a great player, But you diving little barsteward!!!

It annoys me that he can get kicked all over the park yet it's him that gets called the cheat, IMO he has to make the most of it sometimes as refs don't give free kicks if he doesn't go down, he was fouled a couple of times before denilson tackled him, admittedly though, denilsons tackle was an excellent one though.

Very similar to the way Maradona was treated IMO.

Andy Gray is doing my head in trying to turn this against the ref, Barca are just class

MWHIBBIES
Well there always next year and why isnt sol playing silvestre is *****.

SteveHFC
2-1 Barcelona :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2010, 07:23 PM
ANOTHER Hattrick perhaps for Messi?

How many has he scored this season? (hattricks I mean)
and goals? must be near 40 now?? :dizzy:

HibbyAndy
06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Not see Diaby stamp on Xavi earlier? also Denilson has already had a bad tackle about 10 mins in.

Away you go:bye:

You watching the same game as me?.Denilson never touched him.

HibbyAndy
06-04-2010, 07:24 PM
It annoys me that he can get kicked all over the park yet it's him that gets called the cheat, IMO he has to make the most of it sometimes as refs don't give free kicks if he doesn't go down, he was fouled a couple of times before denilson tackled him, admittedly though, denilsons tackle was an excellent one though.

Very similar to the way Maradona was treated IMO.

Andy Gray is doing my head in trying to turn this against the ref, Barca are just class

Did he dive for a free kick? Is that what you call cheating?

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Away you go:bye:

You watching the same game as me?.Denilson never touched him.

Aye OK Mrs Denilson:rolleyes::wink:

SRHibs
06-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Never touched him? He might've taken the ball first, but he did take Messi's legs...

SRHibs
06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Absolutely unbelievable.

HibbyAndy
06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Never touched him? He might've taken the ball first, but he did take Messi's legs...

Messi game over:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
06-04-2010, 07:27 PM
****ing silvestre.

Craig_in_Prague
ANOTHER Hattrick perhaps for Messi?

How many has he scored this season? (hattricks I mean)
and goals? must be near 40 now?? :dizzy:

:thumbsup:

Teo10
He is unreal!!!

bingo70
Did he dive for a free kick? Is that what you call cheating?

No he didn't dive, he went down under a hard and fair tackle, sometimes that happens, he did make the most of it though once he went down.

do you think kicking someone all over the place is fair? why is that not frowned upon as much as someone diving :confused: at least diving he won't be injuring anyone.

Messi hat-trick, unbelievable player

Sylar
Wow.

Genius.

houston1875
Messi...you're sheeitte!!!!!
:confused:

SteveHFC
3-1 :thumbsup:

johnbc70
06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Messi - better than Maradonna?

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:29 PM
wouldnae get a game for the cabbage

hes too short
:rolleyes:

1875er
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Messi - a poor mans Paul Tosh.

Craig_in_Prague

hes too short

and a bit one footed and greedy.

:greengrin

Sylar
I propose the thread title be changed to:

Lionel Messi 3 (and counting) - 1 Arsenal.

Should have been 4 there - pish first touch :wink:

Meekel
Nish > Messi anyday! :wink:

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:31 PM
and a bit one footed and greedy.

deeks has more talent than that wee gadgie!!

Sylar
06-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Nish > Messi anyday! :wink:

There's always someone who goes that step too far....

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
IIRC that'll be his 5th hattrick of the season...Confirm anyone?

21 minute hattrick.

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
the messi even tracks back???

inter and jose will do them!!!

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm glad Messi has done this against en English team.

I watch Barca / Messi anytime I can on Sky, and the last year on English media you hear Rooney this and Rooney that.... and then before Rooney it was Ronaldo.
No disrespect to those 2, but Messi really is world class.... .well actually better than that, really is on the all time greats list already, surely.
Something very very special.

Toaods
06-04-2010, 07:35 PM

hes too short

...doesn't work as hard as Rankin.

Teo10
06-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Pfft thats nothing, I scored a hattrick for Hibeernian in under 10 minutes last week :agree:

I have been watching Barca alot of the past month or so and Messi has just been outstanding:thumbsup:

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:36 PM

I watch Barca / Messi anytime I can on Sky, and the last year on English media you hear Rooney this and Rooney that.... and then before Rooney it was Ronaldo.
No disrespect to those 2, but Messi really is world class.... .well actually better than that, really is on the all time greats list already, surely.

you forgot by time rooney hits 30,messi be at peak maybe,whilst tubby rooney will be hitting 30 stone?
:bye:

Toaods
....why is this game being played at Easter Road...:confused:

bingo70

:agree:

Rooney is class, as is Ronaldo but Messi is a different level all together now, hopefully he can do it at the world cup so he can be considered on of the all time greats.

I was just a bit too young to appreciate maradona in his prime, but from seeing the highlights of maradona the similarities seem uncanny.

col02
Messi is the best player in the World by far!

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:37 PM
...doesn't work as hard as Rankin.

rankin has a better range of passing!!
:dizzy:

Rooney has summit Messi can only dream off....Coleen Rooney?

MWHIBBIES
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Arsenal need there super sub sol campbell to break messi's ****ing legs.

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2010, 07:39 PM
:agree:

Rooney is class, as is Ronaldo but Messi is a different level all together now, hopefully he can do it at the world cup so he can be considered on of the all time greats.

I was just a bit too young to appreciate maradona in his prime, but from seeing the highlights of maradona the similarities seem uncanny.

Yep same here, only see Maradona on a few clips.... but looks similar in terms of running at speed and jinking past player after player. Also knows how to find the net.

Have to say Messi looks possibly thee best of all time, but I'm sure some older heads might be able to debate against that.

I was glad the Argies got to the WC.... you want the best players all on that stage, and I hope Messi turns it on.

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Yep same here, only see Maradona on a few clips.... but looks similar in terms of running at speed and jinking past player after player. Also knows how to find the net.

Have to say Messi looks possibly thee best of all time, but I'm sure some older heads might be able to debate against that.

I was glad the Argies got to the WC.... you want the best players all on that stage, and I hope Messi turns it on.

maradonna coulda done lot more,but his time at Napoli was tainted by we all know what? thats where it all went pete tong?

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:43 PM

you fancy argentina for the WC?

Craig_in_Prague
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM

They struggled to qualify, but I'd imagine they have a team of talent all playing for top clubs, and with Messi too, they certainly must have a chance!
Usually when they're bummed up, they have not done well. Maybe this time they'll do well coz I don't think they're particuarly fancied.

bingo70
06-04-2010, 07:46 PM
maradonna coulda done lot more,but his time at Napoli was tainted by we all know what? thats where it all went pete tong?

like what? many say he single handly won argentina the world cup and won seria A with a small italian club, he then went to be a success in Spain with Barca, despite his flaws there wasn't much more he could have done.

plus he did all this while having the party of a lifetime, if messi is this good when he's oot his nut then i'll be really impressed :greengrin

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
like what? many say he single handly won argentina the world cup and won seria A with a small italian club, he then went to be a success in Spain with Barca, despite his flaws there wasn't much more he could have done.

plus he did all this while having the party of a lifetime, if messi is this good when he's oot his nut then i'll be really impressed :greengrin

longer career if he hadnae started his liking for the .... and the .....whilst there?

lol if only all players played whilst off there nut,would be highly entertaining?

thekaratekid
06-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Messi alone is why they are 3/4th favourites.

bingo70
06-04-2010, 07:54 PM
longer career if he hadnae started his liking for the .... and the .....whilst there?

who knows though, maybe his lifestyle stopped him getting bored and helped him achieve what he did do :dunno:

anyway, i forget what my point is :greengrin think basically what i'm saying is Messi will need to do it at a world cup before he'll be considered as good as Maradona

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Hopefully Bayern can make it a non-engerland semi-final lineup by knocking out ManYou tomorrow...first time in a while thats happened.

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:55 PM
who knows though, maybe his lifestyle stopped him getting bored and helped him achieve what he did do :dunno:

anyway, i forget what my point is :greengrin think basically what i'm saying is Messi will need to do it at a world cup before he'll be considered as good as Maradona

yer right

one last question,how would you rate him next to zidane?

Sylar
06-04-2010, 07:56 PM
What is wrong with Sky's camera-man?! He keeps failing to follow the damned ball!

houston1875
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Hopefully Bayern can make it a non-engerland semi-final lineup by knocking out ManYou tomorrow...first time in a while thats happened.

bayern are 4/1?? tidy!!

hibsbollah
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
bayern are 4/1?? tidy!!

Arjen Robben's back for them, he's been on fire this season. I predict Bayern will win on the night.

Sylar
06-04-2010, 08:04 PM
F***ing hell - Nikolas Bendtner has the ball, the camera doesn't follow him, and then the ball re-appears with no indication of what just happened!!!

What the hell is wrong with the coverage in this half - there were no problems in the 1st!

Mibbes Aye
06-04-2010, 08:05 PM

It's difficult to an extent to compare. By all accounts Maradona did wonders, single-handedly, with Napoli but it was before Italian football was easily accessible on television here and there was nothing remotely close to the level of coverage that the European club trophies get nowadays. Less in the way of Youtube compilations for him, as a consequence.

Where we did get coverage was the World Cup and Maradona was awesome in the 1986 tournament. He scored a fantastic goal against England (though it will always be overshadowed by the one where he dribbled past five players). That shouldn't obscure the leader's role he played throughout the tournament, scoring and setting up goals and generally beating the opposition just by taking the field of play. One of the best football photos I've ever seen is from the semi-final against Belgium, half their team in a line before him, consternation written over their faces.

Messi is supremely talented and on the form of his career at the moment. It would be good to see him light up a World Cup in the same fashion that he illuminates the game for Barca. He's definitely got it and he would be well-worthy of a place in the pantheon of greats in world football.

houston1875
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM

It's difficult to an extent to compare. By all accounts Maradona did wonders, single-handedly, with Napoli but it was before Italian football was easily accessible on television here and there was nothing remotely close to the level of coverage that the European club trophies get owadays. Less in the way of Youtube compilations for him, as a consequence.

Where we did get coverage was the World Cup and Maradona lit up the 1986 tournament. He scored a fantastic goal against England (though it will always be overshadowed by the one where he dribbled past five players). That shouldn't obscure the leader's role he played throughout the tournament, scoring and setting up goals and generally beating the opposition just by taking the field of play. One of the best football photos I've ever seen is from the semi-final against Belgium, half their team in a line before him, consternation written over their faces.

Messi is supremely talented and on the form of his career at the moment. It would be good to see him light up a World Cup in the same fashion that he illuminates the game for Barca. He's definitely got it and he would be well-worthy of a place in the pantheon of greats in world football.

well written...

gonna be a few players who'll lighten up this summers WC...Sol Bamba!!

MWHIBBIES
06-04-2010, 08:09 PM
The difference is squad strenth is scary.

If puyol is out they have marquez(not much differce in those to)
If gallas is out arsenal have silvestre(massive massive differce)

If Iniesta is out they have kieta(differnt players but kieta is a very good and underated player)
If fabregas is out arsenal have denilson(again different players but denilson is nothing compared to him)

Strongest first elevens i would say there isnt to much difference apart from messi but when you look at both squads thats why barca are winning 3-1.

lapsedhibee
06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
He scored a fantastic goal against England (though it will always be overshadowed by the one where he dribbled past five players).

bingo70
06-04-2010, 08:12 PM
The difference is squad strenth is scary.

If puyol is out they have marquez(not much differce in those to)
If gallas is out arsenal have silvestre(massive massive differce)

If Iniesta is out they have kieta(differnt players but kieta is a very good and underated player)
If fabregas is out arsenal have denilson(again different players but denilson is nothing compared to him)

Strongest first elevens i would say there isnt to much difference apart from messi but when you look at both squads thats why barca are winning 3-1.

no team in the world, including international sides, have learned how to deal with Xavi and Iniestas ball possesion in midfield yet so IMO even without Messi, Barca are a far better side than Arsenals first 11.

houston1875
06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
unlucky bendtner

Dunbar Hibee
06-04-2010, 08:29 PM
4 for Barca 4 for Messi

SteveHFC
06-04-2010, 08:30 PM
4-1 :thumbsup:

houston1875
06-04-2010, 08:31 PM
he's alright like? oof!!

johnbc70
06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Who scored for Arsenal?

Can you tell me the Man Utd score tomorrow and who will score first?

Unlucky mate, you called it spot on, odds would have been good as well.

GhostofBolivar
06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Messi hat-trick, unbelievable player

He'd get a game for Hibs.

JimBHibees
06-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Bendtner 'they probably were the better team'. :faf::faf::faf:

On play over the 2 legs Arsenal got off lightly big time.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Messi - better than Maradonna?

Yes.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Ruuds haverin.

Cocaine&Caviar
06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Messi hasn't really done much on the international scene as yet though, but the upcoming World Cup could see that change...

I'd also fancy Argentina to do well,

Heinze___Demechelis___Samuel___Zanetti

__________Mascherano___Veron

Messi__________Aguero__________Di Maria
_______________Tevez

Thats a team packed with experience, flair and that front three are all on the form of their lives. Thats a team also not including the attacking players likes of Milito, Higuain, Lisandro, and Lavezzi.

hibeemikey21
06-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Who scored for Arsenal?

You must be in a bad place my friend! I feel for you.

hibsbollah
Surprisingly, the first time hes ever scored 4:nerd:

Edinburgh Green
Who scored for Arsenal?

Ouch!

Biggie
06-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Having seen Maradona, I'd say Messi is close, but not at Maradona's level yet...as others have said he brought Napoli the seria a, and single-handedly won the world cup....Messi may well achieve that in years to come, but for me it's still Maradona.

Toaods
06-04-2010, 09:02 PM
anybody got a length of rope....

...ach well some you win, some you lose, still,, think positive...suppose I'm level on the night...:cool2:

jgl07
07-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Having seen Maradona, I'd say Messi is close, but not at Maradona's level yet...as others have said he brought Napoli the seria a, and single-handedly won the world cup....Messi may well achieve that in years to come, but for me it's still Maradona.
He certainly beat England single handedly!