PDA

View Full Version : Hibs colours make us a dirty team.

Jack
06-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I cant find the complete stats anywhere that might give running totals of the number of fouls we give away but as an indication we’re 3rd in the yellow card table behind the Aberdeen hatchet men and the donkeys along the road. And not that far behind.

When I read the papers/BBC we always seem to commit more fouls than the opposition. For example, according to the BBC, we gave away 20 fouls against Dundee Utd. while they gave away 10; Hibs 24, Celtc 15 on Sunday.

Now no way in either game could we be described as twice as ‘dirty’ and particularly in the Dundee Utd. game I thought they were, lets say, ‘less compliant’ with the rules.

I really cant think any team could come away from a Hibs game saying we were a bunch of dirty thugs The stats suggest otherwise.

So why?

I think some of has to do with out strips, more particularly our green tops with the white sleeves contrasting so well against the green and against every other clubs top.

A wee example, in the DU game, Nishy was being grappled in their box, no penalty. In many similar incidents our shinny white arms go round someone its an easy one for the ref to spot and blow for. Same with a wee hold back or shove; we get caught, they don’t … because the white catches the refs eye.

Sorry everyone. Blasphemy. I’ve decided the white sleeves have to go, must go. Even if we just tried it next season on our ‘away’ top.

Billy
06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
5 penalties given against us in the last 9 SPL Games!!

Damn those white sleeves :grr: :greengrin

Jack
06-04-2010, 02:42 PM
5 penalties given against us in the last 9 SPL Games!!

Damn those white sleeves :grr: :greengrin

Right that’s 2 of us, all I need is another 4,998 and we have a quorum! :agree:

1two
06-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Stokesys boot isn't white...

Hibbyradge
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Stokesys boot isn't white...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46998000/jpg/_46998284_stokes_goal.jpg

:wink:

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 03:28 PM
The stats don't lie - we're obviously a dirty dirty team with dirty players playing dirty week in and week out :agree:

Or the refs are no longer allowed to let good old fashioned football flow

Oh aye and nae bouncing balls or celebrating with your own fans :bitchy:

clerriehibs
06-04-2010, 03:36 PM
What's even more perplexing is that most of the fans, and most of the match reports, have us down as a team that is easily bullied.

And it's been like that since matty jack was around.

I've always thought the refs have it in for us a bit, and my theory fits the jambos as well, either making me a paranoid neurotic like them, or forcing me to accept they have a point.

Almost by definition, refs are control freaks. They rarely get away with being pompous gits when it's detrimental to one of the ugly sisters (celtc's current posturing about it all being unfair, is just that, posturing, because they screwed up in the league), because they get serious heat from the media.

However, it must be great to be able to show everyone who's in charge in front of larger crowds, without worrying about getting too hard a time in the papers.

That means Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen matches are the perfect platform for them to show all and sundry just who is boss.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2010, 04:36 PM

I'm in, providing I can call myself an Uber fan.

iwasthere1972
06-04-2010, 04:48 PM

Where do I sign. :deal:

jacomo
06-04-2010, 05:01 PM
I think Jack makes a good point.

We had a decent shout for a handball in the Celtic game (against Samaras?) but, as a fellow Hibby pointed out at the time, their bumble bee tops created a kind of optical illusion making it impossible for the ref to be sure.

:grr:

HFC07
06-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Taken from SPL web site

Discipline Red (club)Team Red Cards
Hearts 8
Aberdeen 8
Dundee Utd 7
Hibernian 4
Celtic 4
Rangers 4
St Mirren 4
Kilmarnock 1
Motherwell 1
St Johnstone 1
Hamilton 1

Yellow Cards
Hearts 64
Aberdeen 63
Hibernian 62
St Johnstone 58
Falkirk 57
Hamilton 53
Dundee Utd 52
Kilmarnock 50
Rangers 48
St Mirren 48
Celtic 42
Motherwell 31

Sprouleflyer
06-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Taken from SPL web site

Discipline Red (club)Team Red Cards
Hearts 8
Aberdeen 8
Dundee Utd 7
Hibernian 4
Celtic 4
Rangers 4
St Mirren 4
Kilmarnock 1
Motherwell 1
St Johnstone 1
Hamilton 1

Yellow Cards
Hearts 64
Aberdeen 63
Hibernian 62
St Johnstone 58
Falkirk 57
Hamilton 53
Dundee Utd 52
Kilmarnock 50
Rangers 48
St Mirren 48
Celtic 42
Motherwell 31

How much will Hearts get fined at the end of this season? And do the SFA accept provi cheques?

Alfred E Newman
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
We give away so many fouls because we cannot tackle. The half hearted powder puff approach and lack of pace throughout the team means players are always that fraction late in attempting to win the ball.

iwasthere1972
06-04-2010, 08:47 PM
How much will Hearts get fined at the end of this season? And do the SFA accept provi cheques?

I would like to see a system in place whereby clubs who exceed 4 red cards per season are deducted a point for each red card they go beyond the 4. The points reduction would be done just before the split then again after the split for any red cards picked up in the final 5 fixtures.

That would have sorted the Yams out for this season. :devil:

Big Frank
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
What's even more perplexing is that most of the fans, and most of the match reports, have us down as a team that is easily bullied.

And it's been like that since matty jack was around.

I've always thought the refs have it in for us a bit, and my theory fits the jambos as well, either making me a paranoid neurotic like them, or forcing me to accept they have a point.

Almost by definition, refs are control freaks. They rarely get away with being pompous gits when it's detrimental to one of the ugly sisters (celtc's current posturing about it all being unfair, is just that, posturing, because they screwed up in the league), because they get serious heat from the media.

However, it must be great to be able to show everyone who's in charge in front of larger crowds, without worrying about getting too hard a time in the papers.

That means Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen matches are the perfect platform for them to show all and sundry just who is boss.

There is a hell of a lot of truth in there Clerrie:agree:

TBH though, I've always looked at them as anti Hibs bassas, the lot of them. Can't remember the last time we had a hard team! Miller, geebs ****n 20years plus!!