PDA

View Full Version : On-line Questionnaire re Communications and Club store.

MrSmith
06-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Major Bummer!!

I've been invited to go tonight at 7pm and I can't go! My missus is going out with her pal and I have to babysit...arghhhhhhh!

Anyone else going?

Gettin' Auld
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Major Bummer!!

I've been invited to go tonight at 7pm and I can't go! My missus is going out with her pal and I have to babysit...arghhhhhhh!

Anyone else going?
Put your foot down and tell her who's boss. :cool2:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm going but haven't told the missus yet (well actually I told her last week but she'll have forgotten).

If you or others have some points you'd like raised let me know and I'll see what I can do (unless I'm blackballed :wink: )

Hibby D
06-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm going tonight too - have to say compared to tomorrow nights subjects for discussion i.e. The East Stand and Season tickets, the issues of communication and the club store won't be half as enjoyable (or heated) :greengrin

MrSmith
06-04-2010, 05:13 PM
A few points I had:

We need to be more visible on-line, embracing new on-line technology. Utilising: Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, Myspace etc and any advertising streams available.

Community links are extremely low - they need to be addressed and more players/coaches/managers etc spending times in communities, community centers, schools and new educational initiatives. This would bring about a welcome boost for local communities and kids would see the Hibs brand before any other.

And again, the Hibs brand needs to be more visible and first in our wider community and demographic.

Lastly: embracing diversity, equality, new sustainable developments and being environmentally aware. Again mostly ties in with above but we need to reach out to different groups and cultures becoming aware of their needs while creating sustainable projects which will persist and bring about awareness of environmental issues and improvements - all leading to funding and an awareness in communities that Hibs are indeed trying to improve both lifestyles and opportunities.

andy

monktonharp
06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
A few points I had:

We need to be more visible on-line, embracing new on-line technology. Utilising: Facebook, Bebo, Twitter, Myspace etc and any advertising streams available.

Community links are extremely low - they need to be addressed and more players/coaches/managers etc spending times in communities, community centers, schools and new educational initiatives. This would bring about a welcome boost for local communities and kids would see the Hibs brand before any other.

And again, the Hibs brand needs to be more visible and first in our wider community and demographic.

Lastly: embracing diversity, equality, new sustainable developments and being environmentally aware. Again mostly ties in with above but we need to reach out to different groups and cultures becoming aware of their needs while creating sustainable projects which will persist and bring about awareness of environmental issues and improvements - all leading to funding and an awareness in communities that Hibs are indeed trying to improve both lifestyles and opportunities.

andyye dinnae half ken some big wurds eh?:yawn:

MrSmith
06-04-2010, 11:37 PM
aye well, it's no meant to be like that but I suppose that's the down side of my job an writing essay for CPD at Dundee.

Removed
06-04-2010, 11:46 PM
aye well, it's no meant to be like that but I suppose that's the down side of my job an writing essay for CPD at Dundee.

???

Continuing Professional Development :dunno:

Please can you explain this for me - it's a serious question. I know what they are but I don't use them and tbh as soon as they are mentioned in conversation I feel myself coming over all :yawn:

What would the club do, how would it work and what would the potential benefits be?

Thanks

MrSmith
07-04-2010, 08:41 AM
???

Continuing Professional Development :dunno:

Please can you explain this for me - it's a serious question. I know what they are but I don't use them and tbh as soon as they are mentioned in conversation I feel myself coming over all :yawn:

What would the club do, how would it work and what would the potential benefits be?

Thanks

1. Yes

2. All bout visibility - Hibs.net and various fans have sites up but there should be official sites to maximise visibility. We need to get the club over and seen by as many people as possible for global selling and advertising purposes. Currently to get info and sales, you would have to navigate to the official site only - too narrow. We are a small club and have to generate as much global interest as possible and, as most of these on-line resources are free, the club should use them as much as possible.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2010, 09:03 AM
didn't attend lastnights session as my son was ill, rebooking for tonight with Julia.

Jack
07-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I’m sure this has been covered elsewhere but I’ll chip in here cause I was there.

The trouble with the likes of Facebook, I said ‘Why not? It doesn’t cost anything’, is that it takes a lot of staff time to basically keep the site moving and to keep the scallies off it, potentially a big problem apparently. An example was that Liverpool have 2 people full time to take care of their FB account, admittedly likely to be much more popular than any Hibs one, but Hibs just couldn’t justify the staffing costs for limited (if any) benefits and a limited audience.

It came across as well thought out so I’ll go for that. Another friend I’ll not get :grr:

MrSmith
07-04-2010, 01:34 PM
I’m sure this has been covered elsewhere but I’ll chip in here cause I was there.

The trouble with the likes of Facebook, I said ‘Why not? It doesn’t cost anything’, is that it takes a lot of staff time to basically keep the site moving and to keep the scallies off it, potentially a big problem apparently. An example was that Liverpool have 2 people full time to take care of their FB account, admittedly likely to be much more popular than any Hibs one, but Hibs just couldn’t justify the staffing costs for limited (if any) benefits and a limited audience.

It came across as well thought out so I’ll go for that. Another friend I’ll not get :grr:

There is ways round all of this!

Be selective of friends, posting comments and the like have to be moderated first and there is a load of professional on-line users here of whom I'm sure would do it if offered say a season or half season ticket?

All of us here care about Hibs, the money isn't important it's about doing what we can to assist the club and move it along. So hibs could in theory tap into this on-line community isn't that how they got their website sorted? Mr Crowther anyone?

Sustainable development - this is the key!!